Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
Nice episode,
The tournament began and so far they doing great ,
chiakas everywhere now :P

3 episodess left, wondering how they going to end this
when the remains still everywhere!?!
I think that finish this season with a cliffhanger
then make season 3,Movie or OVA to end the series
will be a great idea.
more chaika is always welcome here :)
NisxNov 21, 2014 12:41 PM
Nov 21, 2014 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
wait was that pocket sand O_O
Dal would be proud
[/quote]
Nov 21, 2014 5:06 PM

Jan 2011
A third black Chaika..and it looks like she is the one who is really in control there, or at least in it together with Hartgen, unlikely the two black Chaikas we saw first.

I wonder why the Chaikas stick to their color. Don't they ever feel like "wow, this yellow dress does look nice" or whatever?

Also, nobody said the guards didn't notice that Chaika also used probing magic. Might be, maybe Chaika magic works different or whatever, might also be that they noticed, but because it was not outside help. They also weren't participants yet then. Or Hartgen and co decided to overlook it for various reasons. I don't think they want all Chaikas meet up with him etc. at once, might lead to difficulties contolling them etc.

I also don't think Hartgen knows exactly who Guy is. Guy is just as elusive with Hartgen so far as he was with the Chaikas. Showing up, baffling everyone, vanishing.

With only three episodes left, so many question left, and they introduce another Chaika - even though it might solve some problems, like, what happend to the original Chaika - i don't see them coming to a neat ending. Like others said, they either have to rush it, or do some sort of cliffhanger.
Nov 22, 2014 6:13 AM

Dec 2012
Hm . . . I sense a badly written ending. I hope I am wrong.
I like anime.
Nov 22, 2014 8:39 AM

Dec 2011
Chaikatastic as always :3
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 22, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
6 Chaikas!?!?! Chaika-ception!

Considering how we've not really had much of the mysteries solved at all, I doubt that even this tournament will shed much light into the entire story. This calls for a season 3! There's just too many questions left unanswered and 3 episodes will just not do!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 22, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2014
still more useless lines in this episode

Akari: "Given that he holds martial arts tournaments like this, Hartgen must be unhappy that the war ended."

She says this [i]after[/i] Hartgen presents a speech on how he feels aggreived that he lives in a world where he can't use the strength and techniques he's learned in battle, and he will transform this tedious world into one where warriors can live as warriors that she was present for.
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Nov 22, 2014 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Didn't get to see Vivi fighting... how disappointing.
Nov 23, 2014 3:00 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode in which more than a brilliant action we took was to focus on a story most talked and posed; I like the same.
Plot that gives us some little novelty, but the big waits, as mentioned previously if they want to give us a season well, must also consider a third season.
The drawings also this time I liked, even animations.
Do not wait to find out what they have in mind the three Chaika.
Nov 23, 2014 5:39 AM

Jul 2008
Ohhh Akari's dirty mind lol :D White Chaika finally looks like a fighter with her casting speed, with more practice she could even go solo :) So all 5.5 Chaikas now :D

The only concern I'm having is the final 3 episodes being too rushed, it could be damaging in terms of the plot and battle.
Nov 24, 2014 8:20 PM

Nov 2013
Decent episode. Hitsugi no Chaika has a thing where it never rises or drops in quality and only stays just above average though that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Here's hoping it doesn't go to shit.

3.5/5

Nov 26, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
Oh crap, I caught up with this series and now have to wait like everyone else. Things are getting pretty intense, I'd love to be able to watch the last episodes right now.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Dec 2, 2014 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
It made me laugh a bit that Toru and Akari don't kill their enemies, but Frederika don't give a fuck.

Akari still is best imouto. Never underestimate the power of a perverted sister.

So Toru and Akari seem to consider themself way weaker than their mentor. I wonder how they'll beat him and if it'll end in a tragic way. Also, WHEN WILL VIVI ENCOUNTER GILETTE DAMNIT?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 2, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
The end is approaching fast. Good episode
Dec 6, 2014 6:43 PM

Nov 2012
I hope that's not all the Chaika there is in this show. There's got be enough color variations of Chaika to complete the rainbow.
Dec 27, 2014 4:57 AM

Aug 2013
Oh red Chaika is in trouble now.
There's another black Chaika besides the twins ?
I don't understand what they're planning.
Dec 30, 2014 5:00 PM

May 2012
This is getting quite intense! Let's find out what happens next!
Aug 23, 2015 10:28 PM

Jul 2013
So King Hartgen is just a violent pedophile who just want to watch the world burn? because otherwise why would he wish for war? Anyway I'm still really confused. What or who the hell is Guy? and the mystery about the Chaikas are not yet fully explained and I fear the next 3 episodes will not be enough to explain everything. Damn I hope I'm wrong.
Dec 12, 2015 7:26 AM

Mar 2015
WOW
Many Chaikas, more the fun!

I think Red Chaika is the strongest among Chaikas.

This tournament is simple imo.

I want more Chaikas to appear.

The end is near.
Jun 23, 2023 9:09 PM

Jul 2016
Kinda interesting how Fredrica took Dominca's form for the tournament. Maybe it's an honor thing.

Also aren't the gaps between the cell bars wide enough for red Chaika's sword whip thingy to go through?
Apr 3, 8:04 PM
Aug 2023
It was so good to finally see Fredrika in the form of Dominica with the party, this is what I wanted ever since Ep5 of S1, but they decided to make Fredrika a loli form of Dominica instead, plus make her a comic relief character who barely does anything. Unfortunately she did very little this episode, as usual. Perhaps with so few episode remaining, they finally decided to give her a meaningful role in this anime since joining the party.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.