Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 12, 2009 6:04 PM
May 2008
yeah sure we knew that Ichigo was a walking ball of reiatsu from day one (huge sword, anyone?).
but I still enjoyed this chapter because Byakuya's glances were so badass.
Nov 12, 2009 7:12 PM
Nov 2007
they are setting to repare Ichigo to be thrump card and once again the hero, ah not the fillers also the manga getting boring... just this time please a little more Kenpachi vs Byakuya fight...
Nov 12, 2009 7:51 PM

Mar 2009
Your usual chapter, great art but nothing really happens at all.

Please, someone would be kind enough to tell Kubo to not abuse Unohana's kind and yet dreadful smile, it's not really that fun when he does. >.>

Well, I don't have a problem with Strawberry's reiatsu, he had more than a handful from the beggining, so even if he has a bit more now wouldn't be too surprising.

And hey, DBZ ain't bad, you know, what's better than going SSJ 1K when you need that special power boost?! xD

Nov 12, 2009 8:01 PM
Dec 2007
Keykeyoh said:
Loved the competition fight at the end. Kinda weird that the strongest espada is so weak tho.

Yes, I don't get it. Kenpachi got beat just trying to kill #5 espada..but owning a #0 espada..?
Nov 12, 2009 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
Doftljus said:
Kenpachi and Byakuya make a nice duo.
Nov 12, 2009 9:59 PM

Feb 2009
yami better do something amazing next week. "0 espada" my ass. he's just one giant ass punching bag and it's pissing me off
Nov 12, 2009 10:34 PM

May 2009
Good chapter! I do like seeing Kenpachi and Byakuya fighting together... though I suppose they'd much rather fight each other. They're both crazy strong, so have no doubt they'll be able to take out Yammy. It won't be easy for them of course, since he's the strongest Espada, but they can do it.

LOL at Ichigo and Unohana.
Nov 12, 2009 10:42 PM

Nov 2007
Ha ha they're completely ignoring Yami as even an obstacle, Ichigo at full strength vs Aizen ... hmmm ...
Nov 12, 2009 10:45 PM

Apr 2009
Zaraki/Byakuya is cool ;).
Nov 12, 2009 11:04 PM

Oct 2008
Haha Kenpachi and Byakuya. <3
Fai said:
Urahara explained it during the Ichigo shinigami training - the closer one gets to actual death, the higher one's reiatsu reserves become. Hence the whole poing of severing the chain, so Ichigo could have gotten to the death enough to "create" a shinigami-worth power.

Now Ichigo has three parts - Human side, Hollow Side and Shinigami Side.

Ichigo gets killed - His shinigami side dies - Hollow Side takes over and heals the body - Human side uses the reiatsu reserve to recreate Shinigami side - As result of that his reiatsu reserve increases.

Arguably, Ichigo has been closest to death for more than once and with each of these "Deaths" its only normal that his reiatsu might have doubled(with each situation).

Ah yeah, that sorta makes sense.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 13, 2009 12:06 AM

Jan 2009
LOL you know this means that Kenpachi is ALSO fighting with half his reistu? Since he just got healed as well...not his reistu replenished
Spartan-117Nov 13, 2009 12:12 AM
Nov 13, 2009 1:20 AM

May 2009
Funny how the "strongest" Arrancar is such a poor fighter. Also, did they have to waste 1/2 a chapter just talking about Ichigo's reiatsu? This chapter was meh.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Nov 13, 2009 1:56 AM

Jul 2009
It's been awhile since i've seen a showdown between captains. ^^
Nov 13, 2009 8:38 AM

Sep 2009
I just wonder whether Zaraki and Byakuya will continue fighting after they kill that idiot. How come he seemed so much stronger when Ichigo was fighting him if Unohana says he still has captain level reiatsu?
Nov 13, 2009 10:30 AM

Nov 2009
Loved the Kenpachi/Byakuya duo. Total awesomeness. Kinda weird Yammy's not doing anything though. That will probably be in the next chappy or something?

And I actually kinda like the Ichigo-being-hero thing XD Since I hated it when he was so weak he couldn't do anything and kept losing XD Unohana saves the day. And the striptease.
Nov 13, 2009 2:10 PM

May 2008
I really didnt understand the explanation behind why he was a half reatsu all this time, but whatever. Fair episode.
Nov 13, 2009 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
So Ichigo has epic reiatsu like we already knew and Kenpachi + Byakuya are owning XD
Nov 13, 2009 4:35 PM

Dec 2007
So Ichigo is only at half-reiatsu and its already captain level, looks like he will be the only one to beat Aizen and how come the quote on quote "zero" espada is doing so terrible though watching Kenpachi and Byakuya argue/fight is pretty interesting.
Nov 13, 2009 9:20 PM
May 2009
Yammy is doing horrible because he is up against the most unnecessary pairing ever. that's what makes it awesome. and of course ichigo's the most powerful character.. he's always been because he 's the main character; unfortunatley.
Nov 14, 2009 6:56 AM

Oct 2007
UGH.
I didn't understand what the heck was going on.
And even when I finally figured out what they were all saying, nothing really happened that was full-chapter-worthy.
Also, something that bugged the heck out of me:
Tite Kubo broke the 180 Rule of Comics in the last panel- he switched Kenpachi and Byakuya's positions in front of the Arrancar. ><
Nov 14, 2009 9:40 AM

Jan 2009
Don't you think almost all of the soul society captains are sort of unreliiable?
Nov 14, 2009 2:02 PM

Jun 2009
-Hysteria- said:
Ichigo's half reatsu is a captain level. Bleh, bleh >.< i didn't like that.

But, Byakuya and Kenpachi were funny. Lol :D

I think this too...Yammy don't have any chance hehe

Nov 14, 2009 2:22 PM
Feb 2009
I don't know why but I find the fight of Byakuya and Kenpachi funny.
Nov 15, 2009 12:38 AM
May 2009
Kenpachi + Byakuya = Kick @ss!!!
Nov 15, 2009 3:04 PM

Dec 2008
Good chapter. It was fun to see the chemistry between Byakuya and Kenpachi. The bankai while runing in the sand... Epic.
Nov 21, 2009 4:18 PM

Jun 2008
Some thoughts after catching up with Bleach:

Bulk reading > weekly reading anyday. No complaints about "waste of time" about chapters and whatever complaints you people seem to bring forth in every topic. Can't be helped, I guess.

I'm not really concerned with Bleach's cliched plot twists, characters, or what not either. As long as it's exciting to read, it doesn't really matter if I read relatively the samething with just different characters and a different system of power.

Somehow I kind of knew that Aizen would do something like betraying the Espadas a few chapters back. The guy had repeatably proved himself to be the ultimate dick throughout the entire series after we knew he set up the hypnosis. Though there's no way Ichigo can battle Aizen without seeing the release. Unless he does some ninja surprise attack, but like all series in the genre, some dialogue must occur and whatever. Characters also have to release their strongest power in order to have a final fight. If not, then congrats to Kubo for a somewhat creative but probably "waste of time" ending.
Nov 23, 2009 10:33 AM

Nov 2008
Ah, finally some new information. I wish Bleach had more explanations. If there's one thing I'd expect from a long-running manga, that's complex setting and Bleach is failing spectacularly so far.
The power-up's to be expected, but this doesn't really feel like a build-up to a final confrontation. I'm expecting either a plot-twist, some pointless confrontation just to add a flimsy climax or a huge mood switch. The latter would be nice, but I won't get my hopes up.
Also, Yammi's gonna get a power-up. There's no bloody way this is it.
Expect a silly bishounen transformation next week.
Dec 30, 2009 6:55 PM
May 2009
it just shows how awesome ichigo is ^^. Plus, his raetsu is too much for his human form. Thats why he looks all weak like when he fights with his opponents. His hollow form mentions that when ichigo was fighting againt byakuya, which makes sense ^.^ Maybe that is why ichigo have problems fighting against the espada in bankai mode, while the other captians owns them.
Jan 25, 2010 8:35 AM

Jul 2009
tomin said:
Ichigo as the ultimate tank? Fighting Aizen? I don't like that idea. He has reiatsu as much as hell, that has been already said long ago, but don't give me that "chosen one" crap.

Yeah, but he's the protagonist and it was kind of coming anyways, i'm just glad i got somewhat of an explanation about it from Unohana.
I mean, Ichigo always comes and saves the day in some way, so i wasn't surprised, and then disappointed. It's been the hero's journey the entire time...i'm just glad we're getting closer to the fight w/aizen.

Shinji's gonna be pissed that they didn't bring orihime, unless unohana can fix her or slow her death till Orihime gets there. maybe there will be an actual death?
Aureole said:
Byakuya-sama!! Kyaa!!

*takes a deep breath*

Gosh, Byakuya and Kenpachi in the same scene, it's just way to much for me to handle!! :P

Yes, so much bad-assery...it was awesome.^_^
Aug 3, 2015 9:41 PM

Oct 2013
Ichigo is still too OP
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Jun 7, 2017 5:50 AM

Feb 2013
I'm starting to feel bad about Yammy.
Aug 30, 2022 3:13 PM

Apr 2018
Byakuga and Kenpachi's interaction was just hilarious, fucking love them.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Yesterday, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.