Forum Settings
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 18, 2014 7:12 AM

Sep 2014
Is there much more story so far? Does plot advance a lot? Is there any real romance between Tohka and Shidou or does it continue to be such a harem?
Nov 20, 2014 5:11 AM
Jun 2014
Is there much more story so far? Atm there are 11 volumes (all translated) of the light novel. Date a Live 2 ended on volume 7 so theoretically there is enough material for a 3rd season.
Does the plot advance a lot? Yes i guess, spoilers? ( you get more insight on isac/ellen goals and origamis character)
Is there any real romance between tohka and shidou? Volumes 7-11 do not concentrate on tohka so their relationship doesnt advance that much (iirc).
Nov 20, 2014 10:52 PM

Sep 2014
PathfinderrX said:
Is there much more story so far? Atm there are 11 volumes (all translated) of the light novel. Date a Live 2 ended on volume 7 so theoretically there is enough material for a 3rd season.
Does the plot advance a lot? Yes i guess, spoilers? ( you get more insight on isac/ellen goals and origamis character)
Is there any real romance between tohka and shidou? Volumes 7-11 do not concentrate on tohka so their relationship doesnt advance that much (iirc).

More shitty Origami? Meh, not gonna read.

Thanks. I guess I might read it after I am done with other titles.
Feb 9, 2015 2:29 PM

Feb 2013
klooha said:
PathfinderrX said:

Shitty? Origami has the potential to be the best girl in the anime. Kurumi is the most interesting so far tho...
PzKpfw_VI_TigerFeb 10, 2015 12:17 PM
Mar 10, 2015 4:18 PM

Aug 2010
Arnuxs said:
klooha said:

Shitty? Origami has the potential to be the best girl in the anime. Kurumi is the most interesting so far tho...
+1. Origami is pretty awesome. No girl holds a candle to Kurumi though. She is the best and most popular girl.
Mar 19, 2015 3:06 PM
Oct 2011
Kurumi is almost every mans dream girl.
Apr 21, 2015 7:58 PM

Apr 2014
Does it work better as a LN though? The anime was pretty bad but there have been cases (though rare) where I've really liked the source to an anime I disliked.
May 21, 2015 10:04 AM
Mar 2012
Altairius said:
Does it work better as a LN though? The anime was pretty bad but there have been cases (though rare) where I've really liked the source to an anime I disliked.
The original source is almost always better.
Dec 28, 2016 9:08 AM

Jul 2013
Ragna92 said:
Arnuxs said:

+1. Origami is pretty awesome. No girl holds a candle to Kurumi though. She is the best and most popular girl.

Origami is the worst girl is this series :x
Aug 15, 2019 12:30 AM

Jan 2017
Any updates after season 3?
Should I read it?
Is the 20 volumes so far worth my time?
Aug 23, 2019 6:31 PM
Oct 2018
Ahmad_o said:
Should I read it?

I’ve just read as far as I possibly could which is volume 20. Right after volume 11, the story takes off onto what should be considered the climax of the story which is really good. Bluntly put, starting in volume 12 a actual main story develops compared to the stuff that happens before. Bluntly put, read it.
Mar 31, 2020 1:54 AM
Jul 2019
Season 1 to Season 3 is what you consider the calm before the storm. The real story begins after Volume 12 (Season 3 Episode 12). The war between Ratatoskr and DEM is really good, with some unexpected twist and depression after it.
May 9, 2020 1:38 PM
Aug 2019
Ahmad_o said:
Should I read it?

Yeah definitely worth the read, as you read this you will start to see how much the plot has actually been planned from the beginning, Volumes 12-22 are so great in-fact that the series feels like a completely different story. In an interview with the Author, the author mentioned he had the main story planned all the way back in Volume 1, of course the reason im saying this is because when an author has his plans all ready very early in the story, it creates for a much better story with a lot of great foreshadowing. Date A Live would have a lot more potential as an anime if the studios adapted the volumes properly however the studios that end up adapting Date A Live only care for fan-service and go as far as adapting an ENTIRE volume in one episode (Season 3 Episode 12). This has people take a well thought out series as a joke, ultimately, read the light novels it is worth it.
Mar 12, 2021 8:07 AM
Jul 2020
Yezelhlev said:
Ahmad_o said:
Should I read it?

Yeah definitely worth the read, as you read this you will start to see how much the plot has actually been planned from the beginning, Volumes 12-22 are so great in-fact that the series feels like a completely different story. In an interview with the Author, the author mentioned he had the main story planned all the way back in Volume 1, of course the reason im saying this is because when an author has his plans all ready very early in the story, it creates for a much better story with a lot of great foreshadowing. Date A Live would have a lot more potential as an anime if the studios adapted the volumes properly however the studios that end up adapting Date A Live only care for fan-service and go as far as adapting an ENTIRE volume in one episode (Season 3 Episode 12). This has people take a well thought out series as a joke, ultimately, read the light novels it is worth it.

This comment should be seen by everyone.

More topics from this board

» Date A Live Volume 22 Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

WaterLord - Jul 28, 2020

15 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Oct 19, 2023 1:57 PM

» Why does this have a higher score than the anime (no spoilers)

BigBowlNoodleBoi - Sep 19, 2021

12 by icefirestone23 »»
Aug 19, 2023 7:58 AM

» Date a live LN

ShadowOnyx01 - Jun 20, 2022

8 by mizunos404 »»
May 14, 2023 8:15 AM

» Last Day Alive

Syureria - Mar 20, 2019

4 by Roch2001 »»
Jun 24, 2022 7:04 AM

» Is there a Sequel to this novel?

SuzukiAkeno - Oct 25, 2021

1 by DeMarcK »»
Apr 9, 2022 7:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.