Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 31, 2015 10:57 AM

Dec 2014
Wow just wow.. Hatoko moment... At first i thought she's walking out.
Awesome rant. 😀
Feb 2, 2015 12:34 AM

Jan 2012
mamiko noto gonna mamiko noto..

would pound her vag so hard in bed so that I could listen to her moan all night with that voice
Feb 13, 2015 11:07 PM

Jun 2011
Hatoko for best girl, easily. That outburst gave me chills.

This is probably the best episode so far. Okay scratch that, this IS the best episode.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 17, 2015 4:59 AM
Feb 26, 2015 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
I actually saw the rant out of context in a video posted somewhere so I was waiting for the moment where I would catch it in context.

Hatoko got her spotlight but bruh... it was kind of sad and funny at the same time.

Since I'm a Hatoko supporter, it hurt to see her run out like that. And I can sort of understand her too. Sometimes I talk like Andou but not as complex as he does. Sometimes I can't keep up with him (in subs though).

All and all good episode.
Feb 27, 2015 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
Hatoko getting tired of Andou shit, even she can rap the shit out of her mouth.
Mar 5, 2015 5:04 PM

Oct 2012
So Hatoko snapped, finally, that was great scene. He is her childhood friend and he overlooks her and ridicule her all the time. Not paying attention to her feelings at all. He deserved this from a start.
But I didn't quite like how she blamed every chuuni word he used. Couldn't she just blame him for not explaining things properly? This way she sound like some hysterical woman.

And group of another chuuni suddenly appears around? How cheesy that can be?
I thought this series is different.

Story-wise I also found it weird that in the end it wasn't July who expained it to her but this unknown boy. Felt like a bit too convenient deus ex machina when solution is brought by someone outside of group of main characters. If they wanted some impact those words should be explain by July late.

So, it seems they had good idea for this episode and got parts of it right but its improper and ill-considered execution killed the build-up it in the end.
Mar 11, 2015 10:13 AM

Sep 2014
Holy shit Hatoko's breakdown (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ .. I'm speechless pretty much like Andou. Poor Hatoko :c
ToG25thBaam said:
That outburst gave me chills.

Great episode overall.
Mar 29, 2015 6:22 PM

Apr 2013
That Hatoko scene.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 21, 2015 12:25 PM

Jun 2014
Hayami, Saori just soared to my #1 top actress of all time.
This is why I cannot do manga; voice is too good to give up.
May 3, 2015 4:48 AM

Apr 2012
I want to hold Hatoko.
May 3, 2015 10:09 PM

Nov 2012
Hatoko's snap was a rare yet beautiful breed in the anime world. It's a good thing that it's rare, it addes value to it.

And of course, we know that when one of the main characters runs off after being denied something they're bound to get themselves into trouble... =.=

SilentArchitect said:

Just joined literally to respond to this. I've been in a relationship exactly like that where my (now ex)-gf would mention about all these amazing things about her home country (Thailand) but whenever I'd ask for more information, she'd brush me off with a simple "You wouldn't understand". This episode was scarily similar to my relationship with her, and I fully understand Hatoko and why she snapped at him like that. It's not a matter of the information itself, its more that they don't consider you intelligent/knowledgeable/cultured enough to bother explaining to. It's a false sense of superiority which is poisonous to any relationship.

Very nice set of words right there.

Can anyone find Hayami Saori actually voice acting that scene of Hakoto's rant?
UsaraDarkMay 4, 2015 8:50 PM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
May 23, 2015 6:39 AM

Jan 2008
That was intense! Hatoko went all-out with her rant. Oh man, those tears.

Sagami gets a little screentime. That's good. Are they continuing this trend with the other supporting characters?

Next episode looks good. Supernatural battle!
Jun 6, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
Cool scene, cool voice-acting at all, but I really don't think that Hatoko's inability to understand Jurai justifies her having a full-blown rant at him. It would have been so much better if it didn't feel so forced and so hilariously stupid.

Credit to Saori Hayami for that rant though.
Jun 7, 2015 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24939205

Best scene in the episode.

Watched this quite long ago but I just got reminded of this scene.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 10, 2015 8:42 PM
Dec 2011
RedxShin said:
wow hatokoO_o have a screw loose total breakdown man it was messed up and she actually remembered those chunni terms shows she does have some brain but i cant give her props for the breakdown sure andou share a part of the fault wit his none of your business attitude but what do u expect in 1 of the flashbacks he lent her a light novel which she clearly accept but when he ask about her opinions she have this i totally forgot about it attitude i just read a few pages of this boring stuff but this guy like these kind of stuff so i better act like an airhead clearly a hypocrite so much for her love huh?

Exactly,
Don't ever force yourself to like something that you see as boring or not interesting and then
blame it to on others.
When my friends talk about a subject that's doesn't interest me, I just keep silent.
It's just common sense!!
Also, it's due to their childhood relationship that they are struggling to keep that relation by force
their interests, hobbies, or even dreams into each other, which resulted to what we saw.
Jun 18, 2015 7:09 AM

Jun 2008
Damn! That was a crazy rant.
The voice actor must have been out of breath after that one.

Btw. i approve of his big sis. Sexy chick.

Sop now we have superpower villains. Is this show gonna focus on super powers from now on?
MonadJun 18, 2015 7:14 AM
Jul 5, 2015 11:26 PM
Mar 2015
Man I held my breath for her entire rant. I feel so bad for, being stuck with that idiot, honestly the Main character of this series is my least favorite out of all the series I've seen. Damn this episode was intense.
Jul 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
That light novel that she return to Jurai, is it based on a real light novel?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 22, 2015 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
WHOA HATOKO
Sep 30, 2015 2:53 AM

Aug 2009
epic monologue is epic

well, looks like things will start to pick up now that hatoko is held hostage(?)

my body is rdy
Oct 2, 2015 6:45 AM

Mar 2014
Inquiry of a close friend .
Rage of the unconditioned .
Poles in opposite directions .
Very fantastic execution . I meant is the breakdown it's so realistic .
the episode just boost It's overall performance . Hope Hatoko's daijobu .
Guilty smile .
Paradox of those who accepts to be just understood .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 9:55 PM

Apr 2009
Amazing rant. So much emotion in that voice of hers.
Nov 2, 2015 8:30 AM
Nov 2015
*reminiscing ep 7*
For a guy like andou, I'm pretty sure explaining chuuni terms into real-life terms is a huge ass reminder that he is being delusional in his chuuni. well he is, BUT honestly I don't think of Andou as a bad character or a bad friend, everytime they need a help it was andou who was always there. I never actually thought he'd be a functional harem lead. In fact, he exceeded my expectations for an airhead MC like him.
Nov 13, 2015 3:50 AM
Oct 2013
I like Hatoko even more now.
Dec 5, 2015 9:22 PM

Jul 2015
i know how andou feels though. you want to talk to your friends about your anime/interests but they don't understand. and hatoko just cracked, ayase seiyuu is number one
Apr 10, 2016 8:58 PM

Sep 2013
no matter how many times I watched that scene, I'm still speechless since I really do understand her feeling though. To be not understand about something even though you try so hard that the stress was too much for you to handle, and your friend just throw you some salt. That was pretty depressed.
Jun 14, 2016 6:19 PM

Apr 2014
damn that scene..

Hayami Saori really one of the best VA

Aug 11, 2016 2:40 PM

Sep 2015
Ugh, drama. Not overly keen on that.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 26, 2016 8:30 AM

Dec 2014
can someone tell me the name of the BG music(especially the piano part) used when the speech starts.

Oct 14, 2016 3:01 PM
Aug 2013
Hatako need to chill, can't say Andou didn't deserve that though, one thing is not understanding and the other is to not even bother explaining because you assume that she won't understand anyway, she snapped.
Jan 2, 2017 3:43 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't expect that outburst to escalate so much.
Jan 21, 2017 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
Wow. I watched the Hatoko scene on YT quite a while ago and was blown away by the intensity of the voice acting. But seeing it again in context is a whole different experience.

The first half of the episode sets it up so that you can feel Hatoko's emotions boil over at those words said by Andou with that same dismissive tone "You wouldn't understand anyway". That flips her switch and years and years of suppressed emotions burst out all at once.

By the time she screams that line "talk to me in your own words!", I'm already crying. I don't cry easily but this struck a cord for me on a personal level, as well as one of, if not the most powerful voice acting I've ever heard. The animation direction also added to the intensity of the scene.

This episode is a masterpiece for me, and I don't say that often.

10/10
ittou_shuraJan 22, 2017 1:05 PM
Apr 13, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2015
Hatoko's outburst... Damn!

The thing I really like about that scene where Hatoko outburst/snaps; you can really tell she's been trying to understand all that, how else could she remember all that BS he's told her and talked about, all the names of those mythical weapons she knows nothing about, all his chuuni rambling about chaos, darkness, sin, evil, etc. "cool" biblical terms and all that. She remembers everything, which probably is part of what pissed her off about it, she's been trying too hard to listen and understand, and Andou never even really tried to help her with that…

At the end of this episode I understood the importance of the OP song & visuals...
Aug 16, 2017 11:45 PM

Mar 2015
Like damn, chill girl. The rant got a little annoying that I cringed. Geez, drama out of nowhere is not my cup of tea. She could've just talk about it instead of being a bitch about it. He is simply a chuuni, you can't just be angry on things just because you don't understand. It's like if I'm ranting on other religious beliefs because I don't understand how they could believe in a being like God, instead of just letting them believe and do whatever they want.

geez, if you don't understand and don't like it, say it, ignore him and stay away from him. You know what kind of person he is, yet you're the one who keeps being with him WITHOUT EVER SAYING ANYTHING. Then make a sudden outburst and drama out of nowhere. Ugh, I hate those kind of girls. Let's say that chuuni is something like religious people that shove manga/LN (holy bibles) onto you, then you can simply say you're not interested whatsoever and stay away from them. Being with them of course would just make them keep shoving these things to you.

Hatoko, what a self-centered bitch that deliberately looking for trouble by getting close to something she doesn't understand or like. And it all started because she was pretty much jealous. Like fuck that dramatic girl. You could've asked him to explain it clearly if you don't understand or learn it from the net yourself, no need to fuck his feelings like that. Or you know, stay the hell away from him and find other "NORMAL" guy to fuck with.
DarklordVorAug 16, 2017 11:57 PM

Dec 10, 2017 3:01 PM

Jan 2016
"I don't understand."
-Hatoko

Kiryuu Heldkasier Luci-First is come !!(lol) but seriously, his word/quotes is good.
May 9, 2018 10:51 AM

Apr 2013
Holy shit that rant.. such a good job by her voice actress and it's easy to see where she comes from since Andou treats her like an idiot who doesn't understand anything. This scene is basically the reason I started this show since I watched it on Youtube and it never disappoints.
May 17, 2018 7:59 AM

Aug 2017
blazehero said:

That outburst was Trigger levels of epic. Not epic in the sense of Kamina or Kill la Kill fights, but emotionally one of strongest moments I've seen come out of Trigger and by far the strongest moment in this anime.

I was just as speachless as Andou...Suddenly deciding who’s best girl isn’t that easy...
Sep 26, 2018 8:36 AM

Jul 2014
Good job Hatoko, you slew the cunt, but unfortunately the trash characters picked him off the ground
Dec 10, 2018 6:51 AM

Jan 2018
This episode alone make me give this season a 8 instead of 7. I even downloaded Hatoko's rant part to treasure it. What's ironically funny though, when i watched the dub on youtube and turned on the CC subtitle, when Andou said Hatoko, the subtitle written was "How to cook".. when Hatoko was indeed cooking -_-

Not surprised by the number of people that still don't understand how Hatoko ended up having outburst like that and calling it "sudden" when really, by rewatching the episode it's easy to know the background of their relationship, i guess emotional intelligence is still so rare nowadays.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 12, 2019 2:23 AM

Jul 2017
Hayamin did god's work on this episode. That was an amazing seiyuu performance.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Aug 4, 2019 9:53 AM
Jul 2019
bastek66 said:
GrimaH said:
She's been taking his bullshit all this time silently with a smile and encouraging him even as he took her for granted, and now he's basically given her a slap in the face with that "it's none of your business" bullshit.
Considering how she's bottled it up and how badly she's taken his dismissiveness of her (especially in light of his newfound attachment to Red) her outburst is eminently understandable.

She was forcing herself into liking something she doesn't like. It's her fault not his.

Don't say it like you know something...if somebody has a feeling for someone and they want to accept them for who they are what's wrong with it...she was trying she tried she remembered all those nuisance terms without knowing the meaning behind it...and here she says she don't understand cause she don't...now she had to put up with his play for such a long time...and the situation and vibe was really bad at that time cause she was being ignored by him too many times now...and now when she just want to know what's with the happy face with the boiya...he says you wouldn't understand anyways...obviously she going snapping down to leaking oil.
Aug 4, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2019
Learn to go to the root nuubs...you are thousand light years behind from being a good observer...it ain't do...I have forced myself to watch dozens of shows that went boom over my head that almost killed me every time it cornered me to the darkness and tried to finish me...but I still lived to see what the next coming has to offer...5 years passed hah...well was not that bad for it's time.
Aug 4, 2019 10:07 AM
Jul 2019
Learn to go to the root nuubs...you are thousand light years behind from being a good observer...it ain't do...I have forced myself to watch dozens of shows that went boom over my head that almost killed me every time it cornered me to the darkness and tried to finish me...but I still lived to see what the next coming has to offer...5 years passed hah...well was not that bad for it's time.
Aug 5, 2019 8:42 AM

May 2009
Neaowl0veanime said:
bastek66 said:

She was forcing herself into liking something she doesn't like. It's her fault not his.

Don't say it like you know something...if somebody has a feeling for someone and they want to accept them for who they are what's wrong with it...she was trying she tried she remembered all those nuisance terms without knowing the meaning behind it...and here she says she don't understand cause she don't...now she had to put up with his play for such a long time...and the situation and vibe was really bad at that time cause she was being ignored by him too many times now...and now when she just want to know what's with the happy face with the boiya...he says you wouldn't understand anyways...obviously she going snapping down to leaking oil.

5 years passed... who gives a shit?
Aug 5, 2019 9:36 AM
Jul 2019
bastek66 said:
Neaowl0veanime said:

bastek66 said:
Neaowl0veanime said:

I do brother...........
Aug 5, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2009
Neaowl0veanime said:
bastek66 said:

bastek66 said:

I do brother...........

You can't even write or quote properly, fuck off.
Aug 11, 2019 6:24 AM
Jul 2019
bastek66 said:
Neaowl0veanime said:

I do brother...........

You can't even write or quote properly, fuck off.

What you mean...btw stop nagging...what I mean is I mean it from my stand view point ...it's just that if you don't like you don't have to give a daem.
Feb 16, 2020 4:50 AM

Feb 2012
Damn, Hatoko broke.
I guess that's how one would react if they had to deal with a chuuni for so long.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Apr 5, 2020 12:21 AM

Apr 2015
Why would anyone read that as her being sick of chuunibyou? It really isn't, and it's fairly easy to read?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

297 by Olticul »»
Mar 19, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.