Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2014 3:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Stareeeeeeee. BASED SACHI. Well apparently, Yuuji knew her from his past though based on some flashbacks at the playgrounds. Was kinda scary situation at the classroom there especially with bombs are present. Yuuji saves the day though.

I feel bad for Sachi now after seeing the truck and her past.
Nov 16, 2014 3:58 AM

Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuuji saves the day though.

say what????? == oh boy....
Nov 16, 2014 4:16 AM

Jan 2012
I'm so scared... *searchin' a corner to cry before watchin' one of teh best endin's ruined*
Nov 16, 2014 4:46 AM

Oct 2012

....8bit....why? T____T

very very bad ep =

2-5

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; image is too large.
julyanNov 16, 2014 9:50 AM
Nov 16, 2014 4:55 AM

Jan 2014
Adaptation they said,"Grisaia No Kajitsu" they said...

I never expected them to blow up the school but why?Why they didnt show the scene where present Sachi waits for Yuuji at the park?That was the highlight of the route and easiest way to show Sachi's obedient character...Apparently Sachi was perfectly normal and she was wearing Maid uniform because she has a maid fetish or something...:I

I was prepared,i knew it but why my eyes are leaking water after watching this? T__T I guess this episode was too emotional...But hey,we got to see Sachi's panties Plus a glorious piss scene so its even i guess...

2/5 for the sake of fireworks...

"...Truly powerful words. I could almost feel my heart trembling in my chest and my genitals moistening in my groin. I very nearly took out my cell phone and tweeted "The rain in Spain falls mainly on my lady jane #wet." - Komine Sacchi

goodbye Sachi,we wont forget who you really were :I
LoneWizzyNov 17, 2014 4:02 AM
Nov 16, 2014 5:06 AM

Jan 2012
LonelyWizard said:
Why they didnt show the scene where present Sachi waits for Yuuji at the park?That was the highlight of the route and easiest way to show Sachi's obedient character...

8bit... why...?...

They just wanted to show fanservice with teh bath scene instead lol
Nov 16, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2009
Pissing again
Nov 16, 2014 6:17 AM

Sep 2011
After what they did last episode to Yumiko's route, i'm not that surprised with what they did in this episode. Well at least this route isn't that 'far' from the original.

for me this is better than last week episode. Tensho said on his twitter that they spent nights to work on the climax, i really appreciate that.

also just like last week, i guess they don't want to show the girls 'bad' side (Yumiko's shooting is Yuuji's, Sachi's bomb defused by Yuuji)
Nov 16, 2014 6:24 AM

Sep 2009
Still it's much better than what they did with Yumiko. Sachi's route not worth much storywise it's more about feels. At least they left the best scenes. My only complaint is that they didn't use Kono Hi no Mama de as ED. Only small instrumental in the end.
Nov 16, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
Those guys at 8bit and their fetishes... :I
Nov 16, 2014 8:46 AM

Feb 2014
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Still it's much better than what they did with Yumiko. Sachi's route not worth much storywise it's more about feels. At least they left the best scenes. My only complaint is that they didn't use Kono Hi no Mama de as ED. Only small instrumental in the end.

Wait they didn't use Kono hi no Mama as the ED? That was the only thing I was hoping for. That was the best song in the VN.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Nov 16, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
Not as bad as I thought it was going to be tbh. At least they didn't completely alter the route and left some key moments in even though it's abridged as hell.

maid fetish/5
Nov 16, 2014 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
Mah eyes are bleeding.
For the love of Sachi, this episode was horrible. The only good thing is, they didn't butcher it as much as Yumiko's. Sasuga 8-bit.

....maybe I'm over exaggerating because I love this route.. but still :/
Nov 16, 2014 10:04 AM

Aug 2013
Not that bad for me (I didn't read VN).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 16, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
LonelyWizard said:
bastek66 said:
Those guys at 8bit and their fetishes... :I

Seems like a good trade for:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Damnit, not even that.

For those ones who are stuck with 8bit ridiculous version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDoF-KwSQbI

dat feels. 2/5 for anime version, fireworks and random bombs always save teh day. Also Sachi Bonus included.

Edit: I still dont understand y Yumiko had no fanservice... Yeah i dont like her either 8bit, but thats kinda weak reason to do even moar fanservice in teh other routes, especially if ya use only 1 episode...
sanleiNov 16, 2014 10:38 AM
Nov 16, 2014 10:40 AM

Aug 2014
bahahaha! I feel bad for you Red_tuesday.. :/
Nov 16, 2014 10:42 AM

Jul 2010
I am weak to stuff like these.

Her reason to be a "good girl". Making bombs to dodge a test was quite something.
Yuuji altering the bombs and using the fireworks as camouflage.

That letter ;_;
Nov 16, 2014 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
I'm sad my favourite route only had one episode, but I think they did a good job with the time they had. Never thought Sachi to be the type to piss herself, so I guess there's that.

Look's like Makina will be getting at least 2 episodes next, curious as to how they'll handle it considering Yumiko's changes.
Nov 16, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that didn't exactly go where I expected, especially with all the bombs and stuff. And I certainly didn't expect Sachi to be from Yuuji's past, though it was nice to get some kind of view into who he is (other than the fact that his whole family are dead and that he is OP as fuck). I feel really sorry for Sachi after seeing what happened to her parents though.

And I'm guessing that incident which Yumiko referred to early on was something that Sachi did? The episode didn't really clarify that, but it was excellent otherwise.
Nov 16, 2014 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
danieltortoisee said:
And I'm guessing that incident which Yumiko referred to early on was something that Sachi did? The episode didn't really clarify that, but it was excellent otherwise.
Yea,thats why she came to Mihama Academy in the first place...
Nov 16, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
Eh, at least my thing for maids is satisfied.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 16, 2014 11:04 AM

Aug 2007
I'm happy they didn't make it anime original with Sachi's route but man this wasn't that good. Two episodes would have made this route done with more justice. Probably could have covered more of her backstory. Well I'm glad they kept the letter in since I found that scene was beautiful.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 16, 2014 11:11 AM
Jul 2012
Sachi route was definitely better than Yumiko's still rushed though.
Nov 16, 2014 11:11 AM

Feb 2014
I feel like this episode sums up the show as a whole. It should have never been made. The rushing of this route is probably worse than Yumiko's. Yumiko at least changed the plot dramatically to give us something truly special (in a bad way of course).

First of all, Yuuji is way too quick to find out about the connection between him and Sachi. She says Yuu-kun and automatically he finds out she's his childhood friend. It feels tacked on here. There was no indication that he had a childhood friend previously in the anime.

Next, why does Yumiko try to be so vague? Sachi wants to destroy the school. This is something you should get everyone to stop. In fact there is no reason, not to try and stop her right then and there. In fact in the visual novel
Here we get no indication as to why they shouldn't stop it.

Sachi's reasoning for being a maid wasn't really explained here. Or at the very least it was rushed enough to go over my head.

Next, why the hell did Yuuji invite the girls to the school. Although it creates tension, I think that we should wonder what the point was. What if something went wrong? What if the bomb did go off. Why would you take the risk of them also dying in the explosion. Once again in the Visual Novel. The girls were up in a helicopter tour during the time of this. Yuuji made sure that they were as far as possible from the school. Yuuji in this show seems to really dumb. You need back up plans for these things. The same thing happened with Michiru. He had no Plan B. Yuuji in the VN thinks of everything when it comes to this stuff. Here he's very careless.

I don't even need to mention the fan service. I'd rather not bother.

Next the flashback. The flashback rushing in this is hugely apparent. We do not see her suffering enough to feel like the outburst at her parents is justified. Also her suffering in the flashback made me feel nothing. If you know me well enough then you should know that it's an accomplishment to make me feel nothing when Sachi is suffering.

Now onto the letter scene.

What was the point of it? We had almost no indication that she was haunted by her parents possibly not liking her. In the VN
This makes the letter scene feel like it was there because they felt obligated to.

I could go on longer on scenes they took out, but this is getting long already.

Before anyone says to stop comparing it the Visual Novel. No I won't. What I'm doing is listing things that the anime did wrong while comparing it to the visual novel. What the anime did wrong is not only inferior to the visual novel, but I would also say it's awful without the visual novel there. to begin with.
Nov 16, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
I kinda enjoy how bad this anime is. I don't understand myself. I do think it bad but I still want to watch it...
Nov 16, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
Pik3Rob said:
Before anyone says to stop comparing it the Visual Novel. No I won't. What I'm doing is listing things that the anime did wrong while comparing it to the visual novel. What the anime did wrong is not only inferior to the visual novel, but I would also say it's awful without the visual novel there. to begin with.
i felt more emotion reading your post than the actual episode...And after reading it i realised something.We VN readers complain too much that anime only viewers dont even think about complaining...I mean i would expect people complaining about being dependent on shock value and characters having no depth(*winks to AgK threads)..
Nov 16, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
This episode was okay. Way better than how they handled Yumiko's route. They should have showed her at the old playground in the rain rather than that bath scene. The playground scene was more meaningful and of course Sachi tells Yuuji he was her childhood friend rather than him going to find out himself. They should have showed Sachi having her disorder and overcoming it when she went to see her mom at the hospital. At least that letter scene was adapted well. Was hoping for Yuuji to ask her to play the music box and her ED song plays as the ending credits. Only Makina and Amane's routes left.
Nov 16, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2014
LonelyWizard said:
Pik3Rob said:
i felt more emotion reading your post than the actual episode...And after reading it i realised something.We VN readers complain too much that anime only viewers dont even think about complaining...I mean i would expect people complaining about being dependent on shock value and characters having no depth(*winks to AgK threads)..

I think it's more like visual novel readers overshadow the anime only watchers. There was definitely a good deal of anime only watchers complaining the last episode. It's just that they care less about the adaptation.
Pik3RobNov 16, 2014 11:34 AM
Nov 16, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
That was fucking abyssmal. Worst route so far, hardly anything even makes sense since Sachi's flashback was condensed in a mere 3 - 4 minutes.
Nov 16, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
LonelyWizard said:
Yea,thats why she came to Mihama Academy in the first place...

Yeah that makes sense. I figured as much, but I wasn't really sure 'cos the episode didn't do the greatest job of clarifying that.
Nov 16, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
they didnt even animate the event which causes sachi's trauma :S.

sacchi , why?
Nov 16, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
Pik3Rob said:
I would also say it's awful without the visual novel there. to begin with.

This. I also feel with ya.
I wish teh old happy days of common route back.

8bit, why?
Nov 16, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2008
Oh...ohhh...ohhhhhhhhhhh

You know director, you can't just plug in a seemingly emotional ending and expect it to work without the build up. I understand you guys apparently worked hard at this, but I really believe you guys are misguided on what makes a good story. I suggest reading the source material a bit more.
Nov 16, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2013
This episode made zero sense, but it sure was hilarious. Man, I love this show <3

Nov 16, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
Meh, Sachi best girl but this was plain boring.
Lol at Sachi going out in just panties.
Nov 16, 2014 12:10 PM
Apr 2011
The main thing I am wondering is why do they take out the best song 2nd only to Yumiko's ED song and use some stupid instrumental instead. I really don't think a song is that hard to tack on to an anime. And yeah, about the scene where Yuuji is supposed to find Sachi waiting in the park, that was one of the climaxes as to why Sachi's obedience is such a problem. And we do not get Sachi's OMFG, Blue Screen of Death moment when the school is
That was supposed to be the impetus that causes her to question her absolute belief in being a good girl. Goddammit, I want to cry.

Speaking of which, we don't even know why Yumiko told Yuuji about Sachi's circumstance in this case, since he's not Sachi's boyfriend and wouldn't have any real connection or obligation to her that Yumiko knows of.

I think the staff of this show need more experience. Shortening the route due to it being an anime isn't the problem. It is selecting the things that are important that is the problem. If I had to highlight important parts that should be in here, it would be:

Those things are necessary to character development and building up empathy for the character.
trannon1Nov 16, 2014 12:20 PM
Nov 16, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
Nooooooooooooooooo not Sachi... damniiiit!
Why would they even.. gah
I knew they were going to butcher her route, like the rest, but still.. This was painful to watch.
Nov 16, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Damn. and i thought nothing can be worse AgK's episode. 1/5
Nov 16, 2014 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
Lmao she pissed herself.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 16, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
Omg that episode so freaking good , i had an heart attack and the feels man the feels really loved this episode 10/10 i don't care about visual novel or anything the anime didn't feel rushed for me and i love it
Nov 16, 2014 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
It was pretty impressive that Yuuji altered the bombs.

It was good to hear about the past between Yuuji and Sachi.
Nov 16, 2014 12:40 PM
Apr 2011
L3gEnDaRy said:
Omg that episode so freaking good , i had an heart attack and the feels man the feels really loved this episode 10/10 i don't care about visual novel or anything the anime didn't feel rushed for me and i love it

Outside the pissing, which parts are good? Does it even make sense that Yumiko talked to Yuuji about Sachi when she had no idea that Sachi is Yuuji's childhood friend? Does it move you to hear Sachi's past when you don't get much about her? Why does she get attached to Yuuji so quickly? Unlike the VN, she doesn't gradually get them, in here, she just falls for him like that. What is that supposed to be, Suspension Bridge Effect?

y123y said:
Alright VN players, what interesting things did they skip?

Those things are necessary to character development and building up empathy for the character.
Nov 16, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
At least the feels is still there, although less impact.

But... this is not my Sachi route. WTF.

Nov 16, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2010
I didn't think this series could get any worse.... it did
Nov 16, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
trannon1 said:

They should have just do that scene instead off all these :/

trannon1 said:

Two best scenes skipped again
LoneWizzyNov 16, 2014 1:03 PM
Nov 16, 2014 1:01 PM
Oct 2014
As a concept and rough storyboard, I have no problems with the story as presented in the episode. Sure, there are tons of pacing issues - the scenes all blend and jump to each other quickly. There are some decently executed moments - for example, the tension when the bomb countdown dropped to zero was well executed.

But the problem is that it winds up being nothing than a sketch. It's a very crude skeleton with no flesh behind it, not enough build up, not enough of process and mechanics. It's just annotated plot points, nothing more than the briefest of synopsis.

As a result, it ends up failing as an episode. While not as hilariously bad as Yumiko's episode, and it does feel as if it was taken from a very strong and well written source, it just doesn't have the necessary momentum built for the plot points to have any real emotional impact. Intellectually, I can see how this story could work well, and the "What" suggest that the "How" could potentially be very interesting.

But while the Anime seems to cover the "What" of the story, the "How" is just too lacking. For example, how does Sachi equate good girl with absolute obedience? What was the details of the implied arson that sent her to the school (I'm presuming something spectacular happened after her parents died too)? We know Sachi has issues, the anime gave a plausible reason for those issue, but those reasons are nothing more than headers with little substantive behind them.

And of course, just opening the spoiler tags, and seeing all the edits to the story, and all those omitted extra steps to the conclusion, makes me feel that this is just a big, big shame. It isn't as comedically hilari-bad as Yumiko's episode, it fulfills a basic level of coherence. It's just too barebones.
Nov 16, 2014 1:08 PM
Apr 2011
novalysis said:
As a concept and rough storyboard, I have no problems with the story as presented in the episode. Sure, there are tons of pacing issues - the scenes all blend and jump to each other quickly. There are some decently executed moments - for example, the tension when the bomb countdown dropped to zero was well executed.

But the problem is that it winds up being nothing than a sketch. It's a very crude skeleton with no flesh behind it, not enough build up, not enough of process and mechanics. It's just annotated plot points, nothing more than the briefest of synopsis.

As a result, it ends up failing as an episode. While not as hilariously bad as Yumiko's episode, and it does feel as if it was taken from a very strong and well written source, it just doesn't have the necessary momentum built for the plot points to have any real emotional impact. Intellectually, I can see how this story could work well, and the "What" suggest that the "How" could potentially be very interesting.

But while the Anime seems to cover the "What" of the story, the "How" is just too lacking. For example, how does Sachi equate good girl with absolute obedience? What was the details of the implied arson that sent her to the school (I'm presuming something spectacular happened after her parents died too)? We know Sachi has issues, the anime gave a plausible reason for those issue, but those reasons are nothing more than headers with little substantive behind them.

And of course, just opening the spoiler tags, and seeing all the edits to the story, and all those omitted extra steps to the conclusion, makes me feel that this is just a big, big shame. It isn't as comedically hilari-bad as Yumiko's episode, it fulfills a basic level of coherence. It's just too barebones.

3 things necessary for character development and building up empathy for the character.

Nov 16, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2014
Did she really have to go as far to blow up a classroom? ooooooooook then. It was an alright episode I guess
Nov 16, 2014 1:21 PM

Feb 2014
y123y said:
Alright VN players, what interesting things did they skip?
Emotions and any resemblance of a good story
These:
Pik3RobNov 16, 2014 1:25 PM
Nov 16, 2014 1:22 PM

Jan 2012
On teh bright side: This was teh lowest level of teh anime(besides stupid repition Yumiko anime original stuff). It can only get better at this point.

Even with anime original Makina route comin' next.

I feel like every vn reader in this thread betrayed and could write my biggest hate on this... But i cant take it anymoar.

Just rehearin' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDoF-KwSQbI and pretendin' i didnt watch this episode.

Pik3Rob said:

Romance

A Marriage Proposal

[/spoiler]

This two arent part of teh "canon route". But yeah, i dont care about that excuse anyway. This are just teh lowest critic points for this adaption.
sanleiNov 16, 2014 1:26 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

amasj1414 - Dec 21, 2014

273 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 10, 2023 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.