Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 15, 2014 6:23 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The action continues in the Colosseum. What I like the best in here is "Lucy" using Dragon Claw to break Burgess' armor. That was a really epic scene.

Thunder Solider Soldier (stupid typo asdfghkl) faces off against Lao G. Franky vs. Bastille. Dellinger arrives on the scene. Pica is unstoppable but Zoro steps up to fight him one on one. And LOL @ Kinemon's disguise. Just LOL!
LunyRemNov 15, 2014 7:51 PM
Nov 15, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
Is the animation slightly better?
Nov 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
and next up, zoro ga kiru
Nov 15, 2014 7:27 PM

Sep 2013
OMG that Kinemon so troll
Nov 15, 2014 7:32 PM

Jun 2009
xD Rebecca hides behind bartholomeo ;)
Nov 15, 2014 7:45 PM

Jan 2014
Holy shit this was an amazing episode, we got alot going on. Can't freaking wait for Zoro to fight !!!!
Nov 15, 2014 8:31 PM
Jul 2014
I forgot Kinemon even had an ability like that. My thing is, though: why didn't he do that when the all had to get disguises to go into town?
Nov 15, 2014 8:39 PM

Dec 2013
The action at the colloseum was awesome. Apart from Rebecca

Dat ending got me do hyped!
Nov 15, 2014 9:56 PM

Oct 2013
Sabo finally gettin' real
Nov 15, 2014 11:44 PM
Mar 2008
-Sabo`s Dragon Claw. Freaking amazing! Tried immediately if i could bend my fingers like that. Couldnt..

- Pica has sick back abs?!? But FINALLY Zoro!

- Kinemon's disguise. HAAHAHHA! But why they did not use it before....
Nov 15, 2014 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
About time Zoro drew all his swords, time to cut him up!
Nov 16, 2014 12:05 AM

Apr 2014
The Donquixote family is full of a lot of eccentric individuals lol. Lao G is quite the character.

Good episode but I was hoping to get more Senor Pink!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2014 12:12 AM

Apr 2013
Sabo being badass, and Lao G also weird af
Nov 16, 2014 1:22 AM

Jun 2012

Deal with it
Nov 16, 2014 3:22 AM
Jul 2013
Good episode

Packed with high quality action, showing us all sides of Dressrosa, and even though we didn't have any big progression, this episode was enjoyable

They improved the animation in the moment of Sabo's dragon claw impact with Burgess, and it was epic

The pacing right now is bad, even the manga had bad pacing at this moment, but I guess I am okay with it
Go TOEI, atleast show us few epic moments per episode
Nov 16, 2014 4:02 AM

Jun 2011
Dragon Claw fucking finally! It didn't meet my expectation but it's good enough, I guess. I love how intimidating it looked when Lucy raised his hand, the background turned blue, and he just haki'ed up. It was also really cool the moment JB's armor got shattered.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 16, 2014 4:52 AM

Oct 2013
dragon claw ftw
Nov 16, 2014 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
I just love how the music starts playing and Zoro gets to business.

"This stone guy... is gonna get cut!"
Nov 16, 2014 7:11 AM

Dec 2012
Decent episode for a change. Iirc, there were a couple of things different from the manga. Pretty sure that Leo headed out first and then Trébol hit the fly, which was why Robin stopped him. Also, pretty sure that the Kinemon scene was filler, I seem to remember him just going missing for ages and then suddenly showing up in that disguise. It's probably better that they added that scene. Nothing too important got changed.

Overall, decent episode with a good amount of action.
Nov 16, 2014 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
Dat animation doe :O Really good to the usual :3

Sabo's Dragon Claw animated was BA!

Lao G and his glasses was lol XD

Franky still being BA but his opponents keep increasing. Another Pervert added to the mix <_< Senior Pink is too MANLY XD

Zoro was BOSS at the end :D
Nov 16, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2010
This family is so insane and... can't wait to hear Pica voice xD Still loving everything Senor Pink say haha
Nov 16, 2014 11:01 AM

Dec 2013
Dragon Claw FTW!
Eh
Nov 16, 2014 12:58 PM
Oct 2012
Can someone please tell me what the soundtrack is before "Lucy" uses Dragon Claw? I REALLY NEED TO KNOW, IT'S SO EPIC!!!
Nov 16, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2012
That Dragon Claw was awesome.
Seeing badass Zoro getting pissed was the icing on the cake. 5/5
Nov 18, 2014 2:13 AM
Nov 2014
Lao G Got me laughing XD
Nov 18, 2014 8:21 AM
Feb 2013
Pretty good episode, but it's getting too close to the manga, so it was rather short :/
Nov 18, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2010
Finally some action with Zoro... Though I don't think it'll be anything epic with that pacing. Oh well.

I love Kin'emon tho :D Can't wait to see how he looks like as a Mingo.
Nov 18, 2014 10:24 PM

Oct 2014
CHEAH! Man, my faith in OP had been slipping for a few weeks prior to this, but DAMN! was it restored in dramatic fashion. One of the things that has made me love OP is the over-the-top voices and facial expressions, and they brought a lot of that back in this episode, I felt like I was being taken back in time to the good ol' days of OP. It helped that much of the battle animation was done by someone competent. Next up we have: more battle royale with Burgess/Sabo, then Zoro/Pica, and Kinemon is DOFFY?! Like KOL would say, SO MUCH HYPE!!
Soldier-san and Rebecca were there too but I tried to ignore them.
Nov 19, 2014 2:44 AM

Jul 2013
I knew it! That's why I'm so eager to see Sabo fight. I wanna see more of him soon. As for the others well they're having battles on their own but damn I wanna see Kin'emon disguising as Doflamingo haahaha
Nov 19, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2014
SABOOO. Can't Wait xD
Nov 21, 2014 7:38 AM
Jul 2014
Very good episode. Lots of filler but the filler they added was great. 4/5
Nov 23, 2014 8:10 AM

Mar 2010
Pure excellency.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 9, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
Well one of the better episodes lately. They animated Sabo's attacked rather well, finally we got something to look at. Lao G is funny :D
Dec 10, 2014 2:39 AM
Dec 2014
Ferolex said:
Is the animation slightly better?

In my Opinion Anime is better most of the time (except fillers) because they make it clear how some stuff happens. When is come to funny/epic/emotional moments anime is better with background music and all that stuff.
Moving image always better than an image
Jan 2, 2015 1:07 AM

Jan 2014
And that's how you take care of buzzing insects.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 3, 2015 10:31 PM

Mar 2012
RedRoseFring said:
And that's how you take care of buzzing insects.

By activating the mighty anime glass glare followed by a swift bitch slap.
Jan 6, 2015 5:09 AM

Jan 2012
like i thought Sabo is the stronger.

Jan 17, 2015 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
some decent action, though not much happened in each area of focus. thats to be expected when you have so much stuff going on. still a decent episode overall.
Jan 25, 2015 7:19 AM
Jun 2013
"G" LOL
Mar 10, 2015 9:15 PM
Jan 2015
how is zoro gonna find the way back haha
Mar 11, 2015 5:11 AM

Jan 2013
Kinemon changing into Mingo, this is gonna be fun :)
Jul 25, 2015 11:25 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm so Sabo knows haki, probably not that surprising anymore but I'm wondering who trained him? I'm hazarding a guess that perhaps it was Dragon himself.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 3, 2015 5:59 AM

Jun 2015
If there are someone made of a hard material (stone, iron...) There will be Zorro to cut him!
Dec 27, 2015 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
DAYUM SABO!!! I see you my boy.
Aug 6, 2016 6:13 PM

Mar 2015
Sabo badass aw yeah
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 16, 2016 6:38 PM

May 2013
LOL they blacked out Doffy's face, so I'm expecting Kin'emon to still have his face in that disguise XD cuz he can only make objects, not completely change the face like Bon-chan can, right?
Dec 26, 2016 8:15 PM
Mar 2015
So apparently Bartolomeo doesn't know that it's now Sabo under the "Lucy" disguise not Luffy? How? If I remember correctly he was there when Sabo & Luffy meet.
Jun 13, 2017 3:25 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
More fronts opened, but the most interesting of this episode was Zoro that want to destroy this big man stone!!!!
Dec 17, 2017 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
Finally Zoro in action.
We get to see Sabo fight for the first time too. That qualifies as a good episode

Also, I'm not liking Doflamingo's subordinates at all. They're just way too ridiculous even compared to previous characters. Just make them fodder, lmao. I only care about Doflamingo, Pica and maybe Diamante.
Jan 10, 2020 9:37 AM

Jun 2016
Before touching on this episode, I wanted to add something I forgot when I was trying to recollect on where everyone was. Bellamy should almost definitely be going to see Doflamingo right now. He wanted to hear the words of betrayal from Doflamingo himself before he could truly believe them. Due to that and him not being with Luffy, my friend suggested that he may be taking a back route straight to Doflamingo as people are gunning for his head. I suppose he really is the Brownbeard of this arc, I can already imagine a similar “I killed them all” scene.

I’d like to further preface that this episode also worked as a study on the art of building characters up and tearing them down. It’s a simple writing device but it’s effective. We began with more of the SOP and the building up of Trebol’s strength. Usopp watches him cowardly as he notices a fly and has the accuracy to hit it with his slime which breaks through numerous walls and pins it down perfectly. This also goes to build tension as a boy as small as a fly will be attacking soon, it later goes to show just how much courage Leo has as he fights for his enslaved friends knowing the risks well, and as Usopp explicitly put it, if that’s a casual swat of a fly to Trebol then this is going to be dangerous. Ultimately we had Leo charge in with a pretty striking running animation to sell the speed that he was going; to be faster than a fly, but Robin caught onto something and stopped him. I also wanted to briefly mention that the scene was also strong for Usopp’s fear being perfectly captured, especially in moments like his hesitant thumbs up, and it was more of Robin using her absolutely creative power. You have to love the ways she uses it, last episode by putting eyes on the wall to spy on Trebol and Sugar, this episode creating a clone to inspect the fly, and previous things like rolling Zoro away or pinning herself to the Sunny with her own arms.

The colosseum was another huge case of build up and this time, tearing down. Primarily we had Burgess show off that shockwave power of his on a flying fish, imploding its face and launching it into the crowd, breaking the stands. This is obviously used to show that Sabo has the haki imbued strength to clash with it, minutes later, and shatter his armor unscathed. It made for a strong moment on Sabo, he’s determined and calm even in the face of “one of the ten titanic captains supporting Blackbeard” and Doflamingo’s very own Diamante of whomst sword he easily shattered. It was to tell us that Sabo may be one of those haki users which gives the New World a reputation for the deaths of young cocky logia users. He’s freaking powerful, he even wiped Burgess’ smile off his face for like one of the first times I can recall in the series and that felt good. Yet, it wasn’t all about making Sabo appear to be efficient and strong, it also ended with Rebecca. She hid behind Bartolomeo’s barrier shaking, she had to realize how far below the others she was and for that she determined that she had to, at the very least, attack like she’s willing to kill. In the end she charged for Diamante.

Then we have the toy Soldier who just beat en entire elevator of Doflamingo’s goons by himself, the build up of his strength and conviction, only moments before meeting Lao G who pummels his face into the wall like it was nothing and then swats a Tontatta so fast we had a Dragon Ball gag about him putting on glasses. With Dellinger arriving to face Franky, it only seems fitting that Soldier gets the honor of holding off Lao G so that Franky only has to deal, what, 3 executives and a vice admiral? Not easy but if Soldier actually gets a major fight scene that would be awesome. And as for Lao G, he did not disappoint from his eccentric appearance in the opening. He’s such a cheesy superhero in his design and his behavior and it clashes with his hardened and serious old man face. He poses and markets himself as “G”, he even fits it in when he’s explaining that he went down the wron”G” lift. What a weirdo, I wonder if he’s a fan of Sogeking. I also have to wonder why, if he is dressed as a superhero, he works for such cruel people. He’s kind of a supervillain. But he likes making a show of things so he’s entertaining already and fits the zany world of the Don Quixote family.

Luffy and Zoro showed off just how freaking cool those boys are by avoiding being crushed with balloon and swordsmanship and prominently the end of the scene. Pica being able to form walls and stop their progress made Zoro take initiative, cutting the blockade and telling Luffy, as if it were a matter of fact, that he will take Pica and Luffy will kick Mingo’s ass. These two have been through a lot, they have so much faith in each other. From the map it seems the palace is beige rather than the stone color of the tower so I did expect fleeing to get out of Pica’s stone domain but I suppose Zoro holding Pica off is the best way for that, if it is true. The warping of walls knocked Kin’emon over and he had another cute moment with Wicka as she has exclusively been comrades with the most simpleminded of Straw Hats group, Kin’emon ignoring her, even if out of good intention. They must go to the palace, where Luffy is still headed, and take the lift down, and Kin’emon used his head once he heard about the security. He’s about to Bon Clay it and disguise as Doflamingo himself. Yet, we’ve seen Kin’emon’s disguise skills and he can’t change his facial structure and his behavior is quite noticeable and I think we saw a topknot on the Doflamingo costume. So, I’m eager to see him play the part as bad as I anticipate it.

Dellinger has caught up to Franky, and Senor Pink gave him a warning, to not be cocky as Franky is a robot but also a pervert, perhaps showing that he knows exactly the kind of man who Franky is. As Franky does cherish both of those sides of himself. Plus, the brash Dellinger and the hard-boiled Senor Pink are fated to have an adorable relationship. Assuming Bastille isn’t down for good, we have a room full of enemies, Bastille, Dellinger, Machvise and Senor Pink. Lao G is up against Soldier, and the top executives are all in fights too! Specifically, Zoro declaring that he would cut the stone man reminded me of the promise to Daz that he would finish their battle a man who could cut steel. And Zoro is a man of his word, I think we should have faith!

P.S. imagine if Pica’s voice is finally revealed as a joke, like if it’s super high pitched or something. If we don’t want to cut the sails out of Pica then the inverse could also work super well, him revealing his cool voice when it counts most. If he talks at all that is!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.