Forum Settings
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 15, 2014 1:12 PM
Jul 2013
wondering who was MC and how frequent this gets released
Nov 16, 2014 5:04 AM

Apr 2013
MC is Adlet.
Releases are a bit random. Usually every 7-8 months, but this time it was longer, with 1 year and 4 months between volume 4 and volume 5.
Nov 16, 2014 8:32 AM
Jul 2013
Zefyris said:
MC is Adlet.
Releases are a bit random. Usually every 7-8 months, but this time it was longer, with 1 year and 4 months between volume 4 and volume 5.

Thats a really long wait>.> I plan on getting in to this but are the volumes long since it takes awhile to come out? Cause im reading the toaru series and they come out with like 3 volumes a year.
Nov 17, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
It's the same size as the index volumes.

You know, Index' author (Kazuma Kamachi) is among the fastest LN writers. Not only does he write one new Index volume every 4 months indeed, but he usually write a volume of another series in between each Index volume. That's not really a good standard to compare the speed of writing of an author.
Besides, There's a point where you need to choose if you want the author to do quality or quantity. There are very few authors who can write as fast or faster than Kazuma Kamachi yet still keep quality.
I only know two, and BTW, Kazuma Kamachi is definitely not among them, since it's Akira and Kawakami. Kazuma Kamachi would be better off writing less but actually thinking more about how to develop his characters, and to conclude his story arcs properly. Because of this, his books are hit and miss, he clearly can do good volumes but clearly don't take the time to. What a waste.

Now, besides a few exceptions, most authors that I know who can produce quality in a regular manner don't publish more than a book every 5 months in average. Rokka no Yuusha's author is definitely slow. Now, Rokka no Yuusha isn't going to be a long series either, ImO, it'll probably end around the 10th volume, and we're already at the 5th. So most probably, it will end far before Index does.
I personally don't mind that 7-8 months gap between two volumes (well, I minded the 1 year and four months though! that was long!). Especially since the story moves forward quite a bit with each volume.

Also in your case, if you're going to follow the english translation, with one volume translated every 3 months, by the time the translator will reach the end of the 5th volume, the 6th volume should be released, or about to be. Meaning the first volume you'll really have to wait is the 7th. I'd say that if the series really ends around the 10th volumes, that won't make a lot of volumes to wait for you.

What I'm requesting from the author isn't 3 volumes per year. I'm requesting to keep the quality as high as it was in the first volume. For this, I don't mind if I have too wait (well, waiting to much is a bit different x) ).
ZefyrisNov 17, 2014 3:03 PM

More topics from this board

» Volume 7 Release date ( 1 2 )

Kilvann - May 31, 2016

59 by DEEP_SLASHER »»
Mar 12, 11:26 AM

» This light novel is finished? How many chapters this have?

jpxavowwgamer - Jul 15, 2021

7 by AsTralonTop »»
Jan 9, 3:25 PM

» Chapters in the Novels

VilkaTheWolf - Sep 25, 2015

10 by removed-user »»
May 25, 2023 11:53 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2015

19 by DatBoi18 »»
Apr 21, 2023 12:06 AM

» volume 6 discussion

Ghoultulhu - Sep 1, 2015

24 by Chrome_Falcon »»
Aug 4, 2022 7:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.