Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2014
Ddashung said:
Wait, wait, wait, so Ayako was made a great character only for Shinji to be hated when he destroy her spirit ?
That's all there is to her ?

Nov 15, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2007
Ddashung said:
Wait, wait, wait, so Ayako was made a great character only for Shinji to be hated when he destroy her spirit ?

And Saber was made strong just so the lead character would have a fighting chance, herp derp 8D

Seriously, bad shit happens to good people all the time. This is not candyland. People get hurt, because this is dangerous and people get hurt in shit like this.
Nov 15, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2014
CookingPriest said:
Ddashung said:

And Saber was made strong just so the lead character would have a fighting chance, herp derp 8D

Seriously, bad shit happens to good people all the time. This is not candyland. People get hurt, because this is dangerous and people get hurt in shit like this.

No, what I mean is it seems like a total waste for her to only be in the story for that.
I'm a big softie.
Nov 15, 2014 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
Kolnikov said:

But Shirou wants to save everybody, so he has a reason to fight. And Saber well... Can't spoiler. But Rin isn't what I would call ''good''.

I would definitely consider Rin "good" as far as to how it pertains to morality in this particular series. Aside from Shirou, she's helped some other people like the men in the building who were infected by Caster's "perfume", she helped save that girl in the previous episode, and was furious when she found out about the barrier around the school in the prologue.

Not that she's a saint, because no person is and she certainly has her "issues" as a result of growing up in a strict mage family like the Tohsaka's, but I don't think any of that is enough to deserve the label "psychopath".
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2014 3:09 PM

Sep 2014
The beginning was pretty cool. It was interesting to see him make it very clear to Archer that he wasn't pleased with his presence, although the transition to the OP could have been smoother imo. I also liked to see Archer talking about regrets, wishes, and servants' motivations.

It was a bit odd to see Shirou come into the kitchen with his hand wrapped in bandages - as if he'd just stepped into the house - and nobody comment on that. Not a big deal, but again it could have been a tad smoother.

The scene at the library looked great. It was cool to see Rin look confused as Shirou quickly found one of the sources of the bounded field like a boss. Saber at Shirou's "workshop" was pretty funny, that looked just like he felt sometimes in the novel regarding Saber's presence and how she would get too close to him sometimes.

The psychedelic abduction of Shirou looked fantastic. I REALLY approve of Caster's seductiveness and how she got angry when Archer appeared. Last but not least, they really nailed the pacing on this one! Caster's sex appeal/10.
Nov 15, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
CorePriest said:

That wouldn't surprise me. Someone actually complained that Archer was kinda sexist two weeks ago, because when he identified the poison Caster used, a witch's poison, he concluded that the Caster they are looking for might be a woman.

Just asking, I'm wondering why the priests do not view Archer's statement as sexist those weeks ago. It seems strange to me that Archer would immediately jump to the assumption that the user was a woman, simply because the incense affects love. From my perspective, it seemed to imply that Archer is under the belief that only women were capable of performing such actions under those flimsy motives. Based on the translation I read, Archer seemed to be fairly certain that the user was a woman based off of this observation. I'm not sure why Archer would have this mindset. If a priest can clear this up, it would be great.
Nov 15, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2013
Ddashung said:
CookingPriest said:

No, what I mean is it seems like a total waste for her to only be in the story for that.

As much as I like Mitsuzuri, you're saying that like she could have contributed to the story in any significant way.

Every series has background / minor characters. Some more memorable than others.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.

Nov 2013
Ddashung said:
CookingPriest said:

Watch Kara no Kyoukai then.

Jun 2009
@ Flameseek

I think Sakura noticed his hand was bandaged? The way the camera worked made me think it was filmed like she was looking at it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2013
toyall123 said:
CorePriest said:

That wouldn't surprise me. Someone actually complained that Archer was kinda sexist two weeks ago, because when he identified the poison Caster used, a witch's poison, he concluded that the Caster they are looking for might be a woman.

Just asking, I'm wondering why the priests do not view Archer's statement as sexist those weeks ago. It seems strange to me that Archer would immediately jump to the assumption that the user was a woman, simply because the incense affects love. From my perspective, it seemed to imply that Archer is under the belief that only women were capable of performing such actions under those flimsy motives. Based on the translation I read, Archer seemed to be fairly certain that the user was a woman based off of this observation. I'm not sure why Archer would have this mindset. If a priest can clear this up, it would be great.
Because she specifically targeted men; aka she has a grudge against men in general. I think.
Nov 15, 2014 3:17 PM

Sep 2014
insan3priest said:
@ Flameseek

I think Sakura noticed his hand was bandaged? The way the camera worked made me think it was filmed like she was looking at it.

Yeah, I just noticed how the camera focused on his injury as he spoke to her. Still, Sakura's head wasn't even tilted or anything, it was just liked he was staring at nothing the whole time when they did show her. Which means they could have done it better, but that's fine anyway.
Nov 15, 2014 3:21 PM

Sep 2014
BotatoPriest said:
toyall123 said:

Because she specifically targeted men; aka she has a grudge against men in general. I think.

Could still be a man tho =3
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 15, 2014 3:21 PM

Oct 2012
BotatoPriest said:

Thanks for responding! But do the VN or anime specifically say that Caster's potion affects men? I haven't read too far in the VN yet, so I may not have seen it. In the anime at least, Archer seems to say that the potion affects love, and then immediately connects it to its creator being a woman. Of course, saying that the potion affects love and men specifically as opposed to just love in general have very different meanings.
Nov 15, 2014 3:22 PM
Nov 2013
insan3priest said:
Kolnikov said:

But Shirou wants to save everybody, so he has a reason to fight. And Saber well... Can't spoiler. But Rin isn't what I would call ''good''.

but I don't think any of that is enough to deserve the label "psychopath".

It was a compliment though. But depends on how you classify ''good''. She might have done what you said, but I believed it was more because that's her way of fighting a ''clean'' fight, trying to respect the ethics of a mage. Shirou is completely different (at least until now), and he fits in what I could call ''good''.
Nov 15, 2014 3:29 PM

Sep 2014
toyall123 said:
BotatoPriest said:

Thanks for responding! But do the VN or anime specifically say that Caster's potion affects men? I haven't read too far in the VN yet, so I may not have seen it. In the anime at least, Archer seems to say that the potion affects love, and then immediately connects it to its creator being a woman. Of course, saying that the potion affects love and men specifically as opposed to just love in general have very different meanings.

You're trying to read too much into it imho. But if you want more detail, why don't you just read the novel? You may like it.
Nov 15, 2014 3:31 PM

Mar 2014
Another great episode! Next week should be awesome :o

I really liked the moments between Saber and Emiya, hopefully she can teach him some combat.
Nov 15, 2014 3:32 PM

Nov 2014
toyall123 said:
BotatoPriest said:

Love, eh ?
Didn't he said that the plant used is supposed to make men impotent ?

And I still think discarding Ayako this early is a waste.
I'm a big softie.
Nov 15, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
FlameseeK said:
toyall123 said:

You're trying to read too much into it imho. But if you want more detail, why don't you just read the novel? You may like it.
He's currently reading it.

As for your question toyall123, Archer actually says it's hemlock (at least in the novel). If you know about the European folklore, you'll know hemlock is a typical poison witches used. Doesn't take a genius to count one and one together, when Archer and Rin know they are looking for Caster.
Nov 15, 2014 3:34 PM

Oct 2012
FlameseeK said:

Yeah, probably. But it's something I wanted to discuss, because it's something that did bother me even if it may not have bothered others. And I'm reading the VN right now actually. I'm really enjoying it! I'm finishing the Fate route before I put the rest of my thoughts on my blog. Can't wait to see how the Fate route ends!

CorePriest said:

As for your question toyall123, Archer actually says it's hemlock (at least in the novel). If you know about the European folklore, you'll know hemlock is a typical poison witches used. Doesn't take a genius to count one and one together, when Archer and Rin know they are looking for Caster.

Oh ok. Thanks!
Nov 15, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2013
Kolnikov said:
insan3priest said:

but I don't think any of that is enough to deserve the label "psychopath".

It was a compliment though. But depends on how you classify ''good''. She might have done what you said, but I believed it was more because that's her way of fighting a ''clean'' fight, trying to respect the ethics of a mage. Shirou is completely different (at least until now), and he fits in what I could call ''good''.

I don't think Rin is only acting in accordance to having a clean fight, I think she genuinely has a moral compass that she's following.

She may come off a little cold, but I genuinely think she's good-natured at heart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2013
Ddashung said:
Love, eh ?
Didn't he said that the plant used is supposed to make men impotent ?

this is the part where the route starts to discard the nice innocent "slice of life" moments, and by extension, anyone who is affiliated with such slice of life moments must be eliminated

well, i think there's like one more in the route left, but still
Nov 15, 2014 3:44 PM

Sep 2014
Well, ignoring that Shirou
it was a fine episode. Certainly looking forward to all the fighting in the next episode. Really liked the hypnosis in this.
Nov 15, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2014
TiredAlex said:
it was a fine episode. Certainly looking forward to all the fighting in the next episode.

He is allying with Rin now, so he has protection at school.
Nov 15, 2014 3:45 PM

Jun 2009
For what it's worth, I thought Ayako was fairly forgettable in the VN. Ufotable made her a lot more likable to me, probably because they wanted it to "sting" more.

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 15, 2014 3:46 PM

Apr 2014
Great episode. Ufotable continues to remain very faithful, and there should no longer be any doubt that they would be otherwise at this point.

Archer's statements to Shirou are starting to make his ambiguity apparent, continuing to raise the questions of his identity and his objectives, along with adding another dynamic toward how Shirou views Saber (puts the questions of who she is and what she wants to the forefront of his mind).

Shirou was actually aware that he was being compelled to the Ryuudou Temple and that he was in trouble, but he wasn't able to resist it. This episode didn't make it evident, but that's a minor detail. Though, seeing some original additions of what appears to be Caster's memories was interesting.

Shinji is as Shinji does. I didn't hate him too much at this point in the VN, but seeing him act that way in animation makes his douchebaggery much more apparent. Caster and Assassin also reveal themselves and the portrayal of their personalities were spot on. We should be in for a real treat next episode.

This episode ended before the end of Day 6, so looks like we might be starting to break away from the one episode = one day formula.
Nov 15, 2014 3:46 PM

Sep 2014
chickenonthepan said:
TiredAlex said:
it was a fine episode. Certainly looking forward to all the fighting in the next episode.

... Very true. Brainfart on my part, but I don't think Rin can do much against a servant. xD
Nov 15, 2014 3:47 PM

Sep 2013
TiredAlex said:
chickenonthepan said:

... Very true. Brainfart on my part, but I don't think Rin can do much against a servant. xD
She should have Archer around usually. She sent him away last episode, but that's because she wanted to deal with Shirou alone.

Edit: Ninja'd three people, mwahaha.
Nov 15, 2014 3:47 PM

Sep 2013
Archer beeing GAR as always
Nov 15, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2014
TiredAlex said:
chickenonthepan said:

Archer could be there with them. You just don't see him because he is invisible.

Jun 2009
I believe Rin generally tends to have Archer with her at school?

edit: Ninja'd

- Geralt of Rivia

Jul 2007
TiredAlex said:
chickenonthepan said:

But she has Archer stalking by her most of time.
Nov 15, 2014 3:53 PM

Nov 2014
JabonHR said:
Ddashung said:

this is the part where the route starts to discard the nice innocent "slice of life" moments, and by extension, anyone who is affiliated with such slice of life moments must be eliminated

well, i think there's like one more in the route left, but still

And it's kind of too bad, even in the original VN, because it would have been great to have Shirou being confronted on a personal level to the day to day trampling of the innocent folks all along his quest for heroism.
It would have added a "grinding" pressure in the emotional background, a little like a grindstone that would sharpen a sword, if you get my drift...
I'm a big softie.
Nov 15, 2014 3:55 PM
Mar 2013
this episode was amazing as always. It felt a lot shorter then the previous episodes, I wonder why?

also archer is such a dream holy shit, my heart wouldn't stop racing everytime he went on this is insane. such a fowl personality i love him to fate extra and back
Nov 15, 2014 3:56 PM
May 2014
I wonder what happened.. Emiya isn't a complete idi*t in this version of the series.
I kind of like this series so far, which is nice.

It is quite surprising considering F/SN was ruined for me by the same MC (and I guess, VA).
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Nov 15, 2014 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
Another great episode, for sure is being the best anime of the season, the animation in this anime is awesome

Archer and Shirou finally began to discuss, I like this relationship between them, yet they need to withstand and battle together

I also like the expressions of Rin, his way of talking to each other is hilarious

Premise of great fights next episode, I'm already looking forward ..
Nov 15, 2014 4:01 PM

Sep 2013
konatachan80 said:
I wonder what happened.. Emiya isn't a complete idi*t in this version of the series.

It is quite surprising considering F/SN was ruined for me by the same MC (and I guess, VA).
The anime staff read the source, consults the author, understands Shirou's character and gives him the characterization and development he needs to make more people like him?
Nov 15, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
Damn Archer is badass!

So hyped to see the action in the next episode!!!
Nov 15, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2010
My body is ready for next week.

Sep 2014
ZeroDragon said:
This episode ended before the end of Day 6, so looks like we might be starting to break away from the one episode = one day formula.

The prologue and episode 1 covered nearly 3 days. Episodes 2 and 3 basically wrapped up the third day - basically covering a single night. I wouldn't say one day per episode is exactly a formula when that happened in less than half the episodes aired so far. It's just that sometimes it's fitting, while other times it's not.

The slice of life episode --> action episode trend is arguably much more prevalent, although only episode 3 showed actions scenes at full blast throughout its entirety. Even the episodes that do have action scenes also tend to have some sort of development and slice of life.
FlamepriesTNov 15, 2014 4:06 PM

Jun 2012
This anime had such a good start but has turned aggressively mediocre over the last three episodes. Gorgeous animation not withstanding, the writing is abysmal. Time and time again we have Rin not doing what she's supposed to be doing and they pull the tsundere card to play it off like it's not the dumbest thing in the world.

We're 6 episodes in and the last three have been a mixed bag of slice of life and pointless sidetracking. Very disappointing thus far. 6/10
faderunnerNov 15, 2014 4:57 PM
Nov 15, 2014 4:04 PM

Jan 2014
CorePriest said:
konatachan80 said:

The anime staff read the source, consults the author, understands Shirou's character and gives him the characterization and development he needs to make more people like him?

And we haven't got close to the best part yet. :))
Nov 15, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2013
Ddashung said:
It would have added a "grinding" pressure in the emotional background, a little like a grindstone that would sharpen a sword, if you get my drift...

Oh, you.
Nov 15, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
Forgetfulness said:
TheIMF said:
This anime had such a good start but has turned aggressively mediocre over the last three episodes. Gorgeous animation not withstanding, the writing is abysmal. Time and time again we have Rin not doing what she's supposed to be doing and they pul the tsundere card to play it off like it's not the dumbest thing in the world.

We're 6 episodes in and the last three have been a mixed bag of slice of life and pointless sidetracking. Very disappointing thus far. 6/10
So want to enlighten us on what Rin "should" be doing?

Being a mature adult doing mature adult things, like not being a high school student.
Nov 15, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2014
TheIMF said:
This anime had such a good start but has turned aggressively mediocre over the last three episodes. Gorgeous animation not withstanding, the writing is abysmal. Time and time again we have Rin not doing what she's supposed to be doing and they pul the tsundere card to play it off like it's not the dumbest thing in the world.

Nov 15, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2010
Forgetfulness said:
TheIMF said:

Being the MC that she is, she should have killed Shirou after reviving him and won the grail by now.
Nov 15, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
TheIMF said:

being an adult obviously. And by "being an adult" i mean spilling at least 20 gallons of blood per episode mindlessly.,
Nov 15, 2014 4:12 PM

Sep 2014
TheIMF said:

If you don't like character/plot development - which you called pointless sidetracking in spite of it all being directly connected to the plot as a whole -, try watching Deen's UBW movie.
Nov 15, 2014 4:12 PM

Nov 2014
JabonHR said:
Ddashung said:

Oh, you.

Well UBW is all about realism, and to become a real hero who save real people in real (read:unfair) situations one has to be sharp.
Or else one won't cut it.
I'm a big softie.
Nov 15, 2014 4:16 PM

Jan 2014
Ddashung said:
JabonHR said:

Oh, you.

Well UBW is all about realism, and to become a real hero who save real people in real (read:unfair) situations one has to be sharp.
Or else one won't cut it.

Wrong...

UBW is about adapting your ideal into reality. So it is a mixture of realism and idealism.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.