Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2014 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads. Example: UBW General Discussion
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting will not be tolerated.

For more information see also the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, Shinji returns this episode. They need to still find that mysterious lady with the purple hair's master. Rin's pretty confident though with this truce.

There's something suspicious about Shinji. I thought his portrayal and expressions is good this episode.

TRACE ON. I think Shirou needs better control with that although he's on the right track. The debut of another servant this episode though. I think they said her name so hello Caster. Quite a fitting voice too. Interesting to see Assassin too confronting Saber too. why so sexy Caster?
Stark700Nov 15, 2014 12:06 PM
Nov 15, 2014 7:25 AM

Nov 2013
It ended exactly where I expected it to. Pacing still good.

Archer sure took his time, must make it just in the neck of time for maximum cool :p

Caster and Assassin! Alright here we go! Next episode will probably be all action.
Nov 15, 2014 7:25 AM

Jul 2007
They adapted the EXACT amount everyone expected. Some bits were cut or shortened but otherwise still very faithful and correctly adapted. (I do hope that other "Dreams" won't be cut out because they are very nice build up).

5/5
Nov 15, 2014 7:26 AM

Sep 2013
BotatoPriest said:

Archer sure took his time, must make it just in the neck of time for maximum cool :p

Caster and Assassin! Alright here we go! Next episode will probably be all action.
This.

It's all about style for Archer. Needs the right timing to be the hero.

And every week wonderful Rin faces.
Nov 15, 2014 7:31 AM

Jul 2007
Key will rage a lot ad Rin faces again lol xD

Anyway yeah, perfect entrance for Archer.

Also was the library scene an anime original?
Nov 15, 2014 7:33 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:

Anyway yeah, perfect entrance for Archer.

Wasn't it from the novel, just in the library instead of the rooftop? I think they only changed locations. Kind of like last week, where the attack on the student was inside the school in the novel and not outside or episode 0, when Rin and Archer discuss the Command Spells.
CapsuleCoreNov 15, 2014 7:37 AM
Nov 15, 2014 7:33 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
It was. Not the first time they do this though, the content is still the same it's just they change the location of where things happen in ways that don't affect it too much.
Nov 15, 2014 7:34 AM

Aug 2012
BotatoPriest said:

Yes.

And the MAL ratings will go up because of it.

Ufotable seem to like Rin's face a lot.

DAT lipstick.
"There’s a wall between the normal and the abnormal—that way of thinking was wrong from the beginning. Of course, you have to differentiate between the normal and the abnormal, and you won’t be able to live if you don’t, but this and that are like bordering countries—over here and over there are connected." ~Senjougahara Hitagi~
Nov 15, 2014 7:37 AM

Jul 2007
I do think that Caster will spawn A LOT of doujins from this ep tho :3

In before ANN goes "FSN is sexist because ALL the servants act slutty
Nov 15, 2014 7:38 AM

Sep 2014
THE PANDERING IS REAL.

Saber * Caster are glorious/5

Yuss!! =3
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 15, 2014 7:39 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:

That wouldn't surprise me. Someone actually complained that Archer was kinda sexistic two weeks ago, because when he identified the poison Caster used, a witch's poison, he concluded that the Caster they are looking for might be a woman.
Nov 15, 2014 7:41 AM

Aug 2012
CookingPriest said:

Can't wait for them.

Even Saber?
"There’s a wall between the normal and the abnormal—that way of thinking was wrong from the beginning. Of course, you have to differentiate between the normal and the abnormal, and you won’t be able to live if you don’t, but this and that are like bordering countries—over here and over there are connected." ~Senjougahara Hitagi~
Nov 15, 2014 7:49 AM

Jul 2007
CorePriest said:
CookingPriest said:

That wouldn't surprise me. Someone actually complained that Archer was kinda sexistic two weeks ago, because when he identified the poison Caster used, a witch's poison, he concluded that the Caster they are looking for might be a woman.

I heard that.

Then again I heard nonsense like the viewers being "infuriated" that characters actually are working out tactics an making alliances instead of "murdering each other in gory ways" and that because of that its "childish", so nothing surprises me nowadays.

CrankyPriest said:

Even Saber?

"b-b-but she is not being cold and lifeless at her own team and they work together, that just HAS to mean its sexist!"
Nov 15, 2014 7:55 AM

Aug 2012
CookingPriest said:

CrankyPriest said:

Even Saber?

"b-b-but she is not being cold and lifeless at her own team and they work together, that just HAS to mean its sexist!"

Oh okay then, so being cold and lifeless is not sexist? which means that purple-haired servant that showed up last week is not a depiction of sexism at all, since she was cold and lifeless?

My life was a lie.
Nov 15, 2014 7:59 AM

Jul 2007
CrankyPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

Oh okay then, so being cold and lifeless is not sexist? which means that purple-haired servant that showed up last week is not a depiction of sexism at all, since she was cold and lifeless?

My life was a lie.

nope, that was sexist too. Its relative~
Nov 15, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2012
CookingPriest said:
CrankyPriest said:

My life was a lie.

nope, that was sexist too. Its relative~

I think we should stop the sexism talk here, people will start talking about it.
Nov 15, 2014 8:09 AM

Aug 2012
The lucky bastard
Nov 15, 2014 8:11 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:

Blushing right? I give up anyways.
I could not watch the episode so what happened? A friend told me it has a flashback but he didn't explained so, what was that flashback?
KeyToCourageNov 15, 2014 8:16 AM
Nov 15, 2014 8:11 AM

Jan 2011
Ayako ;_;

Nov 15, 2014 8:14 AM

Sep 2014
CrankyPriest said:
The lucky bastard

Tons and tons of doujins and fanfics will arrive and there isn't even a F/HA adaptation yet
Nov 15, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2012
KeyToCourage said:
CrankyPriest said:
The lucky bastard

Tons and tons of doujins and fanfics will arrive and there isn't even a F/HA adaptation yet

This is how life works. And F/HA adaptation will probably be announced after they finish Heaven's feel movie(s).

Kuremisago said:
Ayako ;_;

Don't remind me. T^T
Nov 15, 2014 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
Kuremisago said:
Ayako ;_;

Poor Ayako indeed T^T

Man Shinji needs to die a painful death >.<!!

Loved Rin's blushing face as usual :3 Obligatory tsundere greatness every ep FTW <3

Archer's killing intent while supposedly guarding Shirou home was lol :P And I bet he was having so much fun watching him "suffer" If u can call being caressed by a hotty suffering XD at Caster's hands until he decided to save him XD

Sasaki being BA as usual! Can't wait for his fight vs Saber >.<!!

Nxt ep gonna be so damn EPIC action wise!!
Nov 15, 2014 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
So this ended up more or less where it was expected. I was really excited to see Kojirou, even though he only had like three lines, so next week's going to be even more amazing for me (plus Archer and Caster). Speaking of, I was excited to see Caster too, I love her VA (can't wait for all the "Boya~") and that cliffhanger really drove home Archer's cool factor. And I was right to think they'd cut something, just didn't expect it would be the dream of all things. Still, it might get relocated somewhere else so no biggie (for now). Also, Rin melted my heart as always.

By the way

Kuremisago said:
Ayako ;_;

This got to me. Wasn't expecting they'd include something like this so it caught me off guard. Poor Ayako ;_;
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Nov 15, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2010
CrankyPriest said:
And F/HA adaptation will probably be announced after they finish Heaven's feel movie(s).

We can only hope >.<!!
Nov 15, 2014 8:29 AM

Sep 2014
CrankyPriest said:
This is how life works. And F/HA adaptation will probably be announced after they finish Heaven's feel movie(s).

Is not like I want it. I was implying that even without F/HA a lot of ShirouXGirl or ShirouXharem, are coming, just saying the obvious.
Nov 15, 2014 8:31 AM

Aug 2010
Noruhma said:
just didn't expect it would be the dream of all things. Still, it might get relocated somewhere else so no biggie (for now). Also, Rin melted my heart as always.

Wasn't the dream after the Temple part? I went back to wiki and that's what it says in the summary too. It's after
Nov 15, 2014 8:33 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm, I think they made the first part of UBW darker than in the VN. Which is a good thing. :))

Or maybe it's just my feeling from the visual effects.
Nov 15, 2014 8:39 AM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Noruhma said:
just didn't expect it would be the dream of all things. Still, it might get relocated somewhere else so no biggie (for now). Also, Rin melted my heart as always.

Wasn't the dream after the Temple part? I went back to wiki and that's what it says in the summary too.

Not really. The dream happens right at the beginning of the 6th day so, way before all the stuff in the Temple happens, which is at the very end of the same day.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Nov 15, 2014 8:40 AM

Sep 2011
Incredibly faithful adaptation continues.

In this episode they decided to omit Rin's dream, but added some of Caster's memories.
Well, I have absolutely nothing against that. :3
Nov 15, 2014 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
Noruhma said:
Barion-Zara said:

Wasn't the dream after the Temple part? I went back to wiki and that's what it says in the summary too.

Not really. The dream happens right at the beginning of the 6th day so, way before all the stuff in the Temple happens, which is at the very end of the same day.

Rin dreams about Archer again on day 9.

So I think they just avoid repetition and put everything in one episode.
Nov 15, 2014 8:48 AM

Aug 2012
KeyToCourage said:
CrankyPriest said:

Is not like I want it. I was implying that even without F/HA a lot of ShirouXGirl or ShirouXharem, are coming, just saying the obvious.

It's not like they didn't exist in the first place.
Nov 15, 2014 8:49 AM

Nov 2013
GAR as fuck:
Nov 15, 2014 10:06 AM

Oct 2014
Damn I can't wait for the next episode. I feel like their pacing has been perfect so far.
Nov 15, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2010
Rin's "it is all for my plans" ^^

Shinji revealing himself.

Archer with that save! Shirou almost losing his command seals to caster. That was quite the volley of arrows.

Saber meeting Assassin >.< Looking forward to Tsubame Gaeshi!
Nov 15, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2010
Woah! What's with the silence? An hour of no comments XD
Nov 15, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2013
Shit Rin's tsundere ways continue.

And damn it more tears of joy at great episode. T^T
Nov 15, 2014 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
damn this is getting better and better
Nov 15, 2014 10:27 AM
Apr 2011
Saber, where are your pants?!

Sep 2013
Those bastards ended it right as shit was about to get real. ;__;

The last 10 minutes were glorious.

Next episode should be a treat.

May 2014
So far so good. This show really makes me wonder what rating it is gonna to have at the end of series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2011
Assassin~!<3 And Caster<3
Wait, now that means all of the servants has been shown and introduced(well not their identities, but by class~)
Nov 15, 2014 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
jaggery said:
Wait, now that means all of the servants has been shown and introduced(well not their identities, but by class~)

Assassin revealed his identity. Sasaki Kojirou.
Nov 15, 2014 10:33 AM

May 2012
Feel sad for Ayako.

Pretty good episode. Like how Archer talk about the grail and servants reasons for the grail. I hate Shinji. Dude is such an ass. Rin and Shirou working together was nice. Always love see Rin acting all tsundere. Shirou getting trained by Saber..... Then getting all shy around Saber. Things got real towards the end. Another crazy dream I don't get. Got to see Caster and Assassin. Dem purple lips are nice. Things about to go down next week. You can't have all them servants and once place and not expect a fight. Can't wait.

5/5
Nov 15, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2014
CrankyPriest said:
KeyToCourage said:

It's not like they didn't exist in the first place.
Thats how it is,and thats how it should be...

BotatoPriest said:
GAR as fuck:
Nov 15, 2014 10:37 AM

Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:
jaggery said:

I know that, it's just that most of the servants right now never revealed their names yet. Assassin said his identity, and Lancer used his Noble Phantasm which pretty much gave his name away.
Nov 15, 2014 10:42 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
It's cool that Shirou is confident to take Archer head-on, but he should also think about if he has any chance of winning at all. XD

Damn. Ayako looks so devastated. Shinji criticizing about her at school made me rage so much! That SOAB needs to die, and die fast! >.<

Shirou's Trace On is just as handy as ever. Finding those sigils didn't take long at all.
I like how he always makes a way for us to see Rin's tsundere blush. "Nanda? Shinpaishte kurerunda, Tohsaka?" (^^)

Of course Shirou would lack concentration if Saber is sitting that close to him. Bet the same would've happened with the bladed tool if she continued to stay there. XD

Archer was so badass with that arrow barrage, saving Shirou before things got out of control.
Lol'd at him saying "A woman's fury is difficult to control." Sounds like he has some experience. XD

Great episode! Looking forward to Assassin vs. Saber next week.

Nov 15, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
Shaniyaz said:

Lol'd at him saying "A woman's fury is difficult to control." Sounds like he has some experience. XD

Just look at who is his Master... ;))
Nov 15, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
jaggery said:

I loved this moment.

He sounds so freaking confident that he sees no reason NOT to reveal who he is - he is that confident in Seiba not being able to do jack shit to her.
Nov 15, 2014 10:51 AM
Oct 2013
5/5 cool to see Caster and Assassin, damn can't wait to see next episode :3
Nov 15, 2014 10:53 AM
Apr 2014
They rushed Archer's speech a little bit in the beginning
But very good episode nonetheless.
Archer vs Caster incoming, probably one of the best fights in UBW.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.