Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Apr 20, 2015 6:10 PM
Mar 2009
Enforcers are just dropping like flies this season, wow.

Kamui has five Dominators now. What's he gonna do, make a cannon? And I guess he transplanted Inspector Shisui's eye into himself, but is that really all you need to operate a Dominator? Cause that's some faulty as shit security then.

And I guess Sakuya finally showed his intentions? Kind of lame, I was expecting more.
May 8, 2015 4:43 PM
Dec 2014
Come on Psycho Pass 2... I'm more than half way through now and still no Shinya Dx What even is this >.< Akane continues being awesome and Mika continues to be a little bitch. I really dislike her and although things with Sakuya are looking suspicious... I still think he's a good guy. At least I hope he is. But serious. Shinya.
Oh, and I think the first season is was too superb to follow up with this second. The villian is no where near as interesting as Shougo was. And I liked all the characters more in the first season.
Jul 19, 2015 2:09 AM

Sep 2014
It's awesome how Division 3 was wiped out. They deserve it for what they did. Now there's only that one guy left who killed Risa Aoyanagi.

Too many plot holes currently, hopefully they can be rectified as the season progresses.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Aug 1, 2015 12:11 AM

Jul 2015
Just started watching this again after dropping it while it was airing.

Plot holes are just ridiculous. Why isn't there a basic feature in Dominators that would allow Sibyll, or someone suitably high enough in command, to simply remove the authentication privileges that are needed to use the gun? Or you know... have a wireless killswitch signal? Why not some kind of GPS? You can never have too many location data points when a wielder is in distress and sends a message/signal for backup. Think about all the data this would provide for first responders? If the dominators GPS data shows that it isn't hugging their other GPS signals, then it would be safe to assume that they were disarmed and that the first responders would be walking into a hostile situation.

Rational said:
Hmm this inspector chick that's been missing for awhile suddenly has multiple active dominators that are heading in different directions. Maybe we should deactivate them for the time being while we get this shit sorted out... Hello? Is anyone listening to me?

I don't think the people who wield dominators would complain about the addition of a GPS and potential invasion of privacy considering the society they live in LOL. Wasn't there a time in season one where they tracked Kougami's movements through the wall when he was on that train? Was he being tracked via Dominator? Don't Dominators have to have a really strong link to Sibyll's systems in order to achieve their real-time, queue-skipping scans they get to enjoy as sibylls eyes and ears? With such a strong signal required for the transmission of such a high volume of data, it'd be a damn cake walk to follow its movements in a utopia like theirs, where signal/data coverage is damn near %100.
Dominators being an integral part in enforcing the systems values and keeping order would also have access to their own satellites for data transmission if this were a dystopic tyranny worthy of respect.

Is it too much to ask for the device to have GPS or a killswitch when it can analyze situations in real-time and determine if a threat warrants its transformation into "Destroy decomposer" mode?

Really just a glaring empty space of a plot hole that will probably never be addressed because the storyboard staff of the second season lazily write themselves into corners and just put a bunch of gore and pseudo-philosophical garbage on the screen to placate/distract us.

I actually paused the episode in order to write this rant and I already lost interest and feel like dropping the show again for fucks sake. It's just terrible. Oh and that insufferable, spoiled, second-rate cunt of an inspector is a rotten cherry on top of this pile of putrid shit they're trying desperately to pass off as a cake.
I refuse to hide behind the picture of a kawaii 2d girl.
Sep 7, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
Pls Mika, just die, lol. Can't stand her.
But OTOH, dat Hanazawa <3
I could listen her voice all day long.
Regarding episode, meh... At least OP is stellar.
Sep 14, 2015 9:24 PM

Jul 2014
Wth, Akane?
Sep 27, 2015 2:06 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Dominators are useless as always, unless killing the "good" guys lol. So, the writers are trying to tell us that basically killing 2 entire divisons would result in 0 action from Sibilla? They can track dominators but not block them? Everyone can hack military and police servers just like that? LOL. And why the hell Akane would carry that gun all the way if she didn't mean to use it? Plot holes and convinient things happening... I hope they will at least give a proper reason why people blindly follow Kamui
Nov 18, 2015 1:38 AM

Apr 2009
Hungry Chickens
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2015 2:08 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode.

Shisui kinda look like Motoko's outfit in Ghost in the Shell ARISE :P

Shimotsuki as usual being useless as ever. Sometimes by the book is just there for reference and never use for real judgement.

Shou-kun is much more useful than a freaking inspector.

Still how the hell did Kamui managed to hack all of these drones!?!?!

At least Public Safety Bureau can now confirm the existence of Kamui.

Why the hell did Akane saw Kougami in Tougane!?!

So intense, can't wait for the next episode!!
Feb 28, 2016 3:57 PM
Jan 2012
good episode. shugo very cool.
Togane and akane a good team.
Mar 30, 2016 4:19 AM
Aug 2014
A boat isn't exactly the best way to escape, since they had a normal gun, why not just take out the engine?
Apr 13, 2016 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
I don't get why the game is called hungry chickens, they hungry for murder? lol.

I can't believe that one boy carried on playing when he found out it was real.

She should have let Togane just shoot him lol.
May 30, 2016 1:14 AM

May 2015
This season is just a re hash of last season. I mean another plot to test sibyl's weak points and tear it down? Not very interesting.
May 30, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
Gino's punch with his robotic arm A+

That Hungry Chicken game tho. The chicken were dropping drumsticks when they ran XD

Felt like this episode was more about the flashy action scenes rather than having a plot that makes sense...
Aug 11, 2016 12:27 AM

Feb 2015
Mugen900 said:
Shit, Akane just lost her chance to eliminate Kamui.

just like with makishima. you would think she learned from her past.

MojoMako said:
Aaaaand Kamui owns an impenetrable plot-shield for now.

pretty much.

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
o ya lets take off the hologram from the game so people know that theyre responsible for enforcers deaths and raise their crime coefficient. great idea.

it was less about how great the idea was and more about it being the only choice. there was literally nothing left.

Tenko-san said:

Well, do I have to comment on that?!

no comment it needed to point out how fugly his mom is.

Gov said:
Another major issue I had was that the denominators had actual ammo....like wtf? In the days where holographic technology is available and guns that scan and give a persons information, there is actually limitations on the bullets?

Utterly ridiculous.

ikr, thought the same thing, since when on earth was this introduced before?
------
i was going to point out that kirito's eyes were heterochromed, and i thought i missed it all this time, but nvm

another annoying ep when tsune doesn't kill people who should be killed. then what was the use of hauling that gun around? i knew she wasn't going to shoot. dang it, tsune, i thought you were more developed than this.

P.S. RIP dead helper guy, forget your name.
TomDayAug 11, 2016 12:47 PM
Sep 15, 2016 3:00 PM

Feb 2015
Well that was stupid, the bad guy gets away very slowly. Well done Akane, seriously what the hell has happened to her in this series. Urgh the writing is just bad.
Dec 16, 2016 2:27 PM
Jun 2013
so one eye girl has snapped for sure. well the squad was pretty pointless and was just cannon fodder. really mika of course this would happen but they had no choice. Ether this or more people die.
Jan 21, 2017 2:48 PM

Jul 2015
Getting really tilted of this season. I do not know why. Liked season 1 far more
Mar 22, 2017 7:53 PM

Sep 2015
This guy is a bigger hacker than the other Kirito (Kirito Kirigaya) like wtf everything is being hacked and turned into a game.
Apr 6, 2017 11:40 AM
May 2013
Kamui as an opponent is so strong that is annoying,as a villain his personality ain't much I can't sympathize with him a bit.
Togane is a better villain than him, that guy is so awesome. I'm more worried about him than Kamui, at least Akane knows Kamui is the enemy.
Apr 20, 2017 4:47 AM

May 2010
What the hell. Why can't just Sibyl disable the guns which are being used by Kamui's gang. Convenient as hell. This season makes me so mad.
Apr 20, 2017 4:51 AM

May 2010
plzhelpme42 said:
i think this season is really interesting? ive really taken a liking to the new characters hinkawa and shimotsuki. i think the new villian is pretty cool as well! not as great as makoshima though. togane kinda gets on my nerves tho, he seems pretty arrogant, just like kogami. happy he isnt in this season (most of you would probably disagree lol.

Kougami was anything but arrogant. Your comment got on my nerves. Better google arrogant's definition before claiming he is.
TragicRomanceApr 20, 2017 5:21 AM
Oct 16, 2017 9:34 PM
Oct 2017
All the episodes for this season is filled with plot holes. So many that it doesn't even make sense to watch it anymore. Also filled with whiny, weak minded characters, season 2 is really a let down after season 1.
Oct 16, 2017 9:39 PM
Oct 2017
Who needs to catch, stop, or kill the bad guys that are on a killing spree. Why would the police need to do that. Of course you would just let them sail away on their ship. This show doesn't make any sense. So much BS, unwatchable.
Oct 2, 2018 10:21 PM

Jan 2017
Too many Enforcer deaths to progress the storyline, too many questionable choices by the characters, and too many appearances of Mika Shimotsuki. You're killing me with your writing, Tow Ubukata!
Jan 15, 2019 11:28 AM
Oct 2016
Since when did Akane started smoking? Not that i have anything against it but still, it just doesn't suit her. And yes, something like that was shown few episodes back.

Also, it seems my speculations about the real villain is more or less right. Only few episodes remain and perhaps then...
Feb 22, 2019 1:59 PM

Dec 2018
I don't know how I feel about this 2nd season. I'm enjoying it sure, but it's hard not to get irritated with plot holes that others talked about.
Mar 25, 2019 1:10 PM

Nov 2016
I'm surely enjoying this season as well, but man, some things are really hard to ignore xD

Tougane has an interesting goal, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2019 3:13 PM

Mar 2018
Good God! Akane strikes again with her stupidly weak character! You'd think after everything that happened with Makishima and her knowing the true nature of the Sibyl System, she would have actual character development and have the guts to kill Kamui!! The season has been filled with plot holes, stupid characters and desperate attempts to higher the stakes by killing off characters left and right! I miss Makashima and Kougami! Akane is a terrible main character and Kamui's plans only work because of the stupidity of the MWPSB.
Jul 11, 2019 8:24 AM

Dec 2018
It's totally plot convenient how Shisui doesn't become a target in the Hungry Chicken game.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 15, 2019 10:22 PM

Mar 2019
Lol they just heading out to sea on a boat, surely she could call in for some air support now to give chase?
Oct 10, 2019 12:07 PM

Aug 2017
They got a lot of citizens clouded -.-

Kougami brief appearance 💕
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 26, 2020 9:08 AM

Dec 2014
Damn the villains in this show...really our above it all
Apr 15, 2020 5:27 AM
Apr 2020
Here is Akane hesitating again...

The Goddamn plotholes in this anime is getting stupider.

She literally let a Makishima 2.0 get away, one that killed an entire division and here she is being merciful
Jun 24, 2020 9:10 AM

Jan 2014
I feel like this episode is the reason they introduced so many random enforcers and inspectors lol, just to take them out in this mass murder

Mika is useless as always, although she is slowly becoming aware of how stupid she is (i hope)

Greasy haired man (forget his name) is so creepy, his comment on coloring Akane black just seemed so rapey to me idk
Aug 20, 2020 4:31 AM

Jul 2020
Kamui is crazy. If getting the citizen clouded in the end using that game and drones was also part of his plan, that was such a smart move.

Mika is still annoying as ever, makes me want to slap her.

I wonder what Tougane’s real motive is.
Jan 5, 2021 6:35 AM

Nov 2019
Akane just stop pointing that useless gun against criminals you know they don't work on and stop letting them escape one after another. Miss Kougami who didn't hesitate to shoot.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Mar 3, 2021 3:28 PM
Jul 2020
Why doesn't sybil disable the dominator under that inspector and also why does it give access to 2 different dominators in 2 different locations? For a system that calculates crime coefficient it is incredibly stupid.

Also akane hasn't changed even a little bit after the incident with yuki. She knows every single time kamui escapes many people will be killed. But still cowering inside the lines is more important to her. Man even after going through yuki's incident and not changing.
Mar 3, 2021 3:31 PM
Jul 2020
Kish0 said:
It's totally plot convenient how Shisui doesn't become a target in the Hungry Chicken game.

Lmao . Actually now that I think about it it's extremely convenient. Even kamui doesn't get targeted.
Jul 22, 2021 1:37 PM
Dec 2017
Kogami comes but then he goes sadly. :/

Feb 10, 2022 5:26 AM

Dec 2007
i'm torn between if this episode was the best or had too much plot conveniences.
the tense was good and all, but at the end, it was like the villain wanted them to hack the program down to make psycho pass pollution.
maki is less annoying, but i don't see how she's gonna rise from her.
and akane probably didn't made tougane shoot because he reminded her kougami, and she never wanted him to kill someone.
awful choices with writing that the director somehow fixes along the way. i mean, it's seems to me that kamui's ideology and plans are builded along the episodes and wasn't set in stone. it's only making me wonder loudly if this season really needed.
Jul 16, 2022 4:50 PM
Dec 2021
I LOVE the absolute chaos. Kamui is a very interesting character so far
Jul 29, 2022 3:17 PM
Jul 2022
Garbage the fact sybil can't disable or lock the dominators is beyond idiotic when it happened twice in season 1. Once when Kagari was killed and it was forced into decomposer mode and second when akane asked for sybil to lock it in paralyzer mode despite the psycho pass, sybil had no issue doing that so wtf is going on...this season isnt the worst thing ever considering how bad some anime are, but compared to season 1 its a pile of dung.
Jun 17, 2023 9:34 PM
Feb 2021
Breeehh the last part was some Ender's Game crap
Jun 20, 2023 8:43 PM

Dec 2022
So Kamui brainwashed Shisui, and now she's his lover or something? Guess he didn't deem her "free will" important.

Sybil and its creations seem to be more convenient for the antagonists working against it than the people working for it, ironically. The PSB are constantly limited by red tape and protocol, while the villains can actually use Sybil equipment (drones, dominators, etc.) more effectively than Sybil workers themselves can. That's why it's so funny that the antagonists have such disdain for Sybil, since its existence is the only reason they can sate their sadistic urges to begin with. In most other fictional universes, they'd be killed by normal weaponry before they got the chance to do anything.

Akane prevents Kamui getting killed by Togane, which is true to character. Akane is very effective when it comes to preventing anyone from dealing with the antagonist.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 17, 2023 11:45 PM

Aug 2019
Literally, what’s going on, so he wanted to be able to use the dominator gun? And now he’s senselessly killing. 

What a freaking BISH? "I hope it gets clouded", I hope you get killed for your jealousy. Akane hasn’t done anything to you, I’m sorry that she’s more competent than you’ll ever be. 

The was sweet of Hinakawa, he called Akane his older sister.

Tougane is being even more creepy, he’s definitely not part of the good enforcers.

NO, HE’S NOT LIKE KOGAMI. HE’S A CREEP
Oct 4, 2023 9:24 AM

Jul 2012
This season targeting (killing) the police itself, while taking control of their tools 🤔

Finally that stupid game got explained n got stoped 😤

I just hope, Tougane isn't a bad guy .

I somehow glad that stupid division got eliminated 😅
I just sad, the new guy who just join Akane's division on the first day got killed 🥲

Jan 3, 7:45 PM

Mar 2021
is akane going to pull out monster where the mc hesitate to shoot the villain,, season 1 sure understandable that she couldnt shoot makishima but she developed this time.....

surely kamui wasnt killed so it wouldnt end in 6 episodes but they couldve made a better reason
Feb 3, 8:55 AM

Jan 2008
Two thoughts by this point in the season as I rewatch this franchise:

1) Something is off about the premise of this story arc. I don't think this society would allow video games at all, because the risk of clouding psycho pass is too strong.

2) The way women are written in these two seasons is really bad. Both Akane and the new girl are written like they are schoolgirls instead of professional women. Notice how Akane's body language is in both seasons, she can't even hold a gun without her knees pointing inward like she's a little girl. It's pathetic.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 10, 6:34 AM
Dec 2019
This episode was really terrible. Shimotsuki is somehow free to just screw around in headquarters while a gigantic mess where 10+ inspectors/enforcers get gunned down is going on? Yeah, Akane says "don't come" but Shimotsuki has already shown multiple times that she doesn't listen to her and also you'd think someone higher up would say "No, you really should be there".

I also think the amount and scale of the violence is also very bad. Season 1 had people getting turned into flesh sculptures but every death was a societal event. This season dozens of people get slaughtered every episode and it gets hand-waved away with an "area stress warning" and nothing seems to be happening further down. Maybe the Public Safety Bureau will face some reckoning in the remaining 5 episodes but this all seems like stuff that would have caused a gigantic societal level melt-down in Season 1.

And Kamui being able to so easily do all this effectively by himself is not good either. Makishima recruited specialists that allowed him to cause trouble. Kamui can just "hack the ministry" and unleash hell on a whim. I've forgotten if they try to explain it away later but my rating tells me I wasn't satisfied the first time around so I'm not holding my breath.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.