Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 13, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Well looks like she still hasn't learned not to be so passive and not to take so many half since the first season when she couldn't shoot and got her friend killed.
Nov 13, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2013
Are you for real ?
Just fucking shoot goddamit.

All of this episode was just part o KAMuI master plan.
But where the hell is Sibyl when her world is falling to pieces ?
Nov 13, 2014 3:30 PM

Oct 2012
Man, why did she stop him?! Curiosity killed the cat!

It was good episode in terms of action but my suspension of disbelief triggered several times.
One has to turn his brain off and do not think of details to enjoy the ride.

Many things happened though:
- too many inspectors and enforcers died
- another Dominators get stolen
- Togane stalking Akane, trying to get her psycho-pass up
- city PP was affected by security program removal from their tablets
- (and what's worse) whole thing got public
- Sybil must be dying of rage right now
Nov 13, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2014
Erm... It was all sorts of ridiculous again. It'll be a long rant...

The main question that I have is whether their country is controlled by Sybil or not now. Because it kinda is according to the lore, but it kinda isn't as far as this season goes.
I was under impression that Dominators are Sybil's eyes and hands, and Sybil is so effective, because it is not a set of protocols, but a vile adaptive net of brains - so it can't be fooled by usual means. Why doesn't Sybil track or lock the stolen Dominators? Why is the rogue inspector not stripped of her authority to use them (if access can be granted, it can be taken)? Why can't Sybil overrun Dominators' judgement even in case of emergency, that obviously happens in this episode? Is she not perturbed? Because it was predictable, thet the resulting outbreak would be dangerous for her. Even if she is curios, doesn't safety usually comes first? No matter her goals, it seems unlikely that she would want an uncontrollable outbreak of data.
Btw, I hope that the glove is the source that lets Kamui use the Dominator, because it is strange to lock the hand held gun solely to eye (and also use only one type of biometrics).
Then, I don't understand why the chief is so idle in handling the issue with the game. Police is hacking ministry of defense code? Why? Just shut down the stuff, or black out the district. They can't stop acess to a MMO game in a totalitarian world? Really?

Then there is the game. It continues to sadden me, that games look so bad in distant future, as well as the fact that they play it on handhelds. Other than that, why do they calling it "holo"? It's obviously not, since holo is something projected, and this is a VR, made by processing real environments, am I not right?
They touched an interesting subject of soldiers in a psychologically controlled society, though it's a bit surprising, that their drones still are human-operated. Also their inspectors kill people to ensure national interests just fine, so why can't border guards do it?

Lastly, why does nobody do his or her job? Chief is nowhere to be seen in the situation of crysis. Mika is doing whatever, even though it is the right time to ask the chief for support. Why do they do what doctor suggests despite Mika protests? She is stupid, but she is their inspector, and after her report they can all be sent to the facility. Enforcers discipline sure is lax in this season. >< They were better trained in Gino's times.
Mika was even right in one case - letting people know was a ticket to disaster. Doctor could be curious, but others should've known better. In their total control world, they could even send drones to individual players... Not to say they could block access to the net.
Btw, if the new kid is so good with coding, why not give him as a help to Shion? She needs help, and character dynamics would've become better.

Other than that tiny Akane now outruns military tech, and does so instead of a bunch of enforcer men. Drones are not affected by hue, so why her? (Unmanned military tech that can't shoot, if the trajectory can lead to friendly fire, lol.)
Enforcers are suddenly all over 300 (they are scared, but why necessary over 300?).
The rogue inspector dresses silly and shoots her enforcer, even though she used to like them in a number of ways. I hope that it's because she is on very strong drugs.
I understand Akane not wanting to shoot Kamui herself, but she could've let Tougane to try to damage the boat at least. She is supposed to be mature now.
deadoptimistNov 13, 2014 4:14 PM
Nov 13, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2014
She saw Kou in him, didn't want him to shoot because how she didn't want Kou to become a murderer.
Nov 13, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2013
Dominator run out of ammo ? :O

not bad episode.

Togane reminding Kougami ?

What is the scar on Kamui's face ? I wonder...
Nov 13, 2014 3:58 PM

Dec 2013
While I'm still thoroughly enjoying this season, I have to agree that it's not nearly as smart as the first season. It seems like it is a lot less planned out, and everything goes by a lot faster without really being developed. Maybe it just seems different because it's just one villain they're going after, while there were multiple separate cases (albeit, they were all connected, but still) in the first season. But again, everything just seems not quite as intricate, and the plot just kind of hurtles forward.

However, as I said, I'm still enjoying the season. I like seeing Tsunemori's changes from the last season, such as how she takes charge and the way that she attempts to teach Shimotsuki. I do question her actions at the end of this episode though; it seems like a bit of cheap writing. I was expecting her to at least somehow delay/stop the boat or do something smart that didn't involve killing Kamui. Her character seemed more reminiscent of season one Akane in that moment.

Interested to see how the last 5 episodes will play out.
Nov 13, 2014 4:09 PM

Jun 2014
o ya lets take off the hologram from the game so people know that theyre responsible for enforcers deaths and raise their crime coefficient. great idea.
Nov 13, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2013
LusciousLobsters said:
why did togane remind akane of kougami at the end? was it like the circumstance and the lighting, or did i forget something from season 1?

Well, mainly I think because Akane can't forget Kougami (she is kind of emotionally attached to him) and Togane reminds her of Kougami:
- they are both good at fighting

- they are smoking the same cigarettes (even Akane is smoking them passively - it seems she misses Kougami and his smell of cigarettes).

- he acted similarly to Kougami - he even said the same sentence as Kougami did. (That it's the job of an enforcer to do the "dirty" jobs).
- the OP...
Tenko-sanNov 14, 2014 7:20 AM
Nov 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
Something's bothering me. Tougane checks Akane's psycho pass on a daily basis and probably points his denominator at her all the time too and if so, then the chief should have taken notice of this and became suspicious of his actions an take preventive measures...

He has been monitoring her since he got there and it has been a year since! If the chief doesnt think this is suspicious she's either too lax or just overlooking his actions on purpose.
—Actually, nevermind.
Nov 13, 2014 4:42 PM

Jun 2010
Akane should have let Togane shoot him -_-
Nov 13, 2014 4:46 PM
Mar 2012
Akane should have shot Kamui. She had a perfect opportunity and let it go to waste. I hate that crap.
Nov 13, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
denno- said:
Something's bothering me. Tougane checks Akane's psycho pass on a daily basis and probably points his denominator at her all the time too and if so, then the chief should have taken notice of this and became suspicious of his actions an take preventive measures...

He has been monitoring her since he got there and it has been a year since! If the chief doesnt think this is suspicious she's either too lax or just overlooking his actions on purpose.

It seems that they are working together (there were many hints for that - even in the OP you can see it pretty clearly).

Well, do I have to comment on that?!
Nov 13, 2014 4:49 PM

Oct 2013
Man what an episode. Of course, Akane is protecting Tougane from becoming Kogami. Except, Tougane may be a bad guy in disguise.
Nov 13, 2014 5:01 PM
Jun 2012
damn akane in this episode was pretty bad ass looks like she grew up a little. but then at the end it felt like she reverted to her old self a little. felt like i was watching her past self when her friend got her neck cut open in season one because she couldnt shoot the real gun.
Nov 13, 2014 5:03 PM

Aug 2012
This is what I was fearing with the direction episode 4 seemed to be going. It's great for 'confirming Sybil's downsides one by one' and it's plenty intense, but the writing just doesn't seem to take things like the setting and hierarchy of control as seriously as season one did. I really can't find a way to make any counter arguments with most people's issues with the episode. It's a great idea with a clever setup but the whole situation just raises too many 'plot hole' flags.

The ending though, I dunno.. It's not like it isn't in Akane's character. I mean just watch the end of season one again if you're having such a problem with her decision. Same with stopping Togane, having that mindset of ''I'll let the Enforcer do it to protect myself since he's already screwed" would in itself contradict her ideologies and philosophies on justice and would probably end up clouding her hue. She has to stay clear right now. Even if Kamui is killed, his successes have shown just how crucial it is for this system to have an Inspector with a un-stainable hue. I still didn't like it but I dunno it isn't exactly unbelievable.

Jesus Mika don't even make an attempt to tip Akane off to the fact that she could very well be in danger with Togane..I just don't know what her character is supposed to provide the story at this point.
Nov 13, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2010
I will pretend that season 2 never happened because that ending man..its so stupid. All the development that Akane underwent in S1 was put to the test there and that idiot still couldn't pull the trigger. Lol, this season is a joke
So blatantly obvious. The OP spoiled the Tougane - Bad guy link
Plus, so much running around and obvious bloodshed, doesn't contrast well with S1.
Kamui, plotholes, the awful awful awful script, the CGI..ugh..And so many random convenient explanations thrown in. Really bad animation too. Its sad. Truly. PP was one of my favorites, this sequel is way below average. Way below. Dont blame them though..well i kinda do, they couldve tackled the downfall of Sybil plus the return of Kougami here, coupled with a movie ending. But no, you gotta rehash the ideas in S1 and present them in a butchered way in S2, ugh. Stupid tatsunoko and baka script writer. HATEEEE
But i'll continue to watch due to completions sake
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Nov 13, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
Sam1198777 said:
I will pretend that season 2 never happened because that ending man..its so stupid. All the development that Akane underwent in S1 was put to the test there and that idiot still couldn't pull the trigger. Lol, this season is a joke
I don't think you understand Akane's development in season one..
Nov 13, 2014 5:13 PM

Dec 2010
AlexTheRiot said:
Sam1198777 said:
I truly do, and it is absolutely NOT in her character this time. See, couldn't she have shot him in the leg? She actually did hit Makishima with a helmet from the back just after he had killed her friend, she didn't go all ass-wimpy at nona? tower. This guy has literally killed so many inspectors, friends of hers too. But no. Either the writers shouldn't have blatantly tested that and brought that scene up, or they shouldve let her take some better action this time and not collapse just like she did the first time, when confronted with a killer villian. Makes no sense, how much you try to justify the trainwreck this is
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Nov 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
Sam1198777 said:
AlexTheRiot said:
I truly do, and it is absolutely NOT in her character this time. See, couldn't she have shot him in the leg? She actually did hit Makishima with a helmet from the back just after he had killed her friend, she didn't go all ass-wimpy at nona? tower. This guy has literally killed so many inspectors, friends of hers too. But no. Either the writers shouldn't have blatantly tested that and brought that scene up, or they shouldve let her take some better action this time and not collapse just like she did the first time, when confronted with a killer villian. Makes no sense, how much you try to justify the trainwreck this is
Even if she shot his leg that boat was getting the hell out of there. The only surefire way to end things then and there would be to shoot to kill(would she really be good enough with a machine gun to merely wound him anyway?), and that's just not something we're ever going to see Akane do unless Togane succeeds in his plans. In fact I'd say the true importance of the scene was to demonstrate that, despite Kamui pushing her mentally, she is still able to make those decisions that make her an un-stainable Inspector so that we have her progress mapped out the way Togane does.
Nov 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
Disappointed, she should have learned from that time when she didnt shoot Makishima, Akane should have just let Tougane shoot Kamui. Lame, Kamui is still lame
Nov 13, 2014 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
Another crazy episode, I can't get enough from this show.

Sam1198777 said:
I will pretend that season 2 never happened because that ending man..its so stupid.
I think that'll be only you.

Nov 13, 2014 5:28 PM

Dec 2010
AlexTheRiot said:
Sam1198777 said:
Even if she shot his leg that boat was getting the hell out of there. The only surefire way to end things then and there would be to shoot to kill(would she really be good enough with a machine gun to merely wound him anyway?), and that's just not something we're ever going to see Akane do unless Togane succeeds in his plans. In fact I'd say the true importance of the scene was to demonstrate that, despite Kamui pushing her mentally, she is still able to make those decisions that make her an un-stainable Inspector so that we have her progress mapped out the way Togane does.
So basically you're saying the scene, heck, the whole development, was well executed and served a proper purpose? Oh so, you're telling us that this scene served to show us that Akane remains calm in the face of adversity? Hmm..i wonder what the hell season one did during the entire course of its run.. /sarcasm
Also, no, the scene showed that she did have time (he wasnt leaving, he clearly said "we know you wont shoot (you wimp)". And even after that, she stopped togane. Which is insane. They wanted to show a very "kogami i remember you" kinda scene there, but they really failed. lolol
Pointless scene. Just to put in Kogami to please some kogami worshippers. Literally filler shit. This season has been a rehash of used ideas, and that too in a very butchered, and cheap (and not to mention gory) way. sad
Nov 13, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2010
iAmZiro said:
Another crazy episode, I can't get enough from this show.

Sam1198777 said:
I will pretend that season 2 never happened because that ending man..its so stupid.
I think that'll be only you.
Only me? Oh you really need to see the previous pages on this thread
Nov 13, 2014 5:52 PM

Feb 2008
Is it just me or does the OP get more distorted each episode?

Anyways... crazy episode, still confused on how this'll be resolved.
yahzeeNov 13, 2014 6:01 PM
Nov 13, 2014 6:10 PM

Mar 2008
Oh look, another Shogo scenario where Akane doesn't want to shoot.
Nov 13, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
I almost though Tsunemori was going to shoot for a minute there and then she saw part of Kogami through Tougane.
Nov 13, 2014 6:26 PM

Nov 2012
well I understand if Akane won't shoot Togane because she remembered Kougami. But the boat? Unless doing so with make her psycho pass clouded, why not doing so -_-;

but man, this is great episode with so many action and blood. I can't hate Mika anymore she's the clown of the show.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Nov 13, 2014 6:31 PM

Aug 2012
Sam1198777 said:
So basically you're saying the scene, heck, the whole development, was well executed and served a proper purpose? Oh so, you're telling us that this scene served to show us that Akane remains calm in the face of adversity? Hmm..i wonder what the hell season one did during the entire course of its run.. /sarcasm

lol nice try at a straw man, or more likely you just didn't try to understand what I was saying. Never did I say it any of those things. I'm not sitting here trying to justify every little thing the way you're trying to knock everything. I'm just thinking about what she show is telling us with/about its characters. It's about Akane's state of mind that keeps her clean. This season is about the limits she can be pushed to. It's about her maintaining that conviction that we saw her come out of season one with, and she can't do that if she starts making decisions that require the kind of thought process that could cloud her hue any more than slightly.

The reason I commented on its purpose was not to justify it happening, but to make assumptions on what the show is trying to tell us to think about, and why. It showed that Kamui has not shaken her mind up enough to cause her to make decisions that compromise her conviction, for the possible purpose of foreshadowing an event in which Togane might succeed in doing that. I think the revelations of his stalking and (more importantly) his blunt comment on wanting to turn her black solidifies that thought.

Also, no, the scene showed that she did have time (he wasnt leaving, he clearly said "we know you wont shoot (you wimp)". And even after that, she stopped togane. Which is insane.
How do you figure she had time? Also, no, he was leaving. The motor started and the boat began moving, and THEN Akane switched to the AK. Did you miss the shot of Shisui clearly getting in the way of a clean shot when the boat started moving? That's when he said "I know you can't shoot. And like I said, even if she tried a desperation shot to wound him it wouldn't matter as the boat was already speeding out. Also, it isn't insane to think she would stop Togane. Kougami aside, Togane's attempt to shoot Kamui would(like I mentioned) end up killing Shisui more likely than not. Which brings me back to Akane's conviction.
Nov 13, 2014 6:37 PM

Dec 2013
deadoptimist said:
Erm... It was all sorts of ridiculous again. It'll be a long rant...

The main question that I have is whether their country is controlled by Sybil or not now. Because it kinda is according to the lore, but it kinda isn't as far as this season goes.
I was under impression that Dominators are Sybil's eyes and hands, and Sybil is so effective, because it is not a set of protocols, but a vile adaptive net of brains - so it can't be fooled by usual means. Why doesn't Sybil track or lock the stolen Dominators? Why is the rogue inspector not stripped of her authority to use them (if access can be granted, it can be taken)? Why can't Sybil overrun Dominators' judgement even in case of emergency, that obviously happens in this episode? Is she not perturbed? Because it was predictable, thet the resulting outbreak would be dangerous for her. Even if she is curios, doesn't safety usually comes first? No matter her goals, it seems unlikely that she would want an uncontrollable outbreak of data.
Btw, I hope that the glove is the source that lets Kamui use the Dominator, because it is strange to lock the hand held gun solely to eye (and also use only one type of biometrics).
Then, I don't understand why the chief is so idle in handling the issue with the game. Police is hacking ministry of defense code? Why? Just shut down the stuff, or black out the district. They can't stop acess to a MMO game in a totalitarian world? Really?

Then there is the game. It continues to sadden me, that games look so bad in distant future, as well as the fact that they play it on handhelds. Other than that, why do they calling it "holo"? It's obviously not, since holo is something projected, and this is a VR, made by processing real environments, am I not right?
They touched an interesting subject of soldiers in a psychologically controlled society, though it's a bit surprising, that their drones still are human-operated. Also their inspectors kill people to ensure national interests just fine, so why can't border guards do it?

Lastly, why does nobody do his or her job? Chief is nowhere to be seen in the situation of crysis. Mika is doing whatever, even though it is the right time to ask the chief for support. Why do they do what doctor suggests despite Mika protests? She is stupid, but she is their inspector, and after her report they can all be sent to the facility. Enforcers discipline sure is lax in this season. >< They were better trained in Gino's times.
Mika was even right in one case - letting people know was a ticket to disaster. Doctor could be curious, but others should've known better. In their total control world, they could even send drones to individual players... Not to say they could block access to the net.
Btw, if the new kid is so good with coding, why not give him as a help to Shion? She needs help, and character dynamics would've become better.

Other than that tiny Akane now outruns military tech, and does so instead of a bunch of enforcer men. Drones are not affected by hue, so why her? (Unmanned military tech that can't shoot, if the trajectory can lead to friendly fire, lol.)
Enforcers are suddenly all over 300 (they are scared, but why necessary over 300?).
The rogue inspector dresses silly and shoots her enforcer, even though she used to like them in a number of ways. I hope that it's because she is on very strong drugs.
I understand Akane not wanting to shoot Kamui herself, but she could've let Tougane to try to damage the boat at least. She is supposed to be mature now.

I had a list of things I wanted to bring up, but you touched on so many it's almost scary.

I have to admit I quite enjoyed S1, even though I've never been a huge Urobutcher fan. But the writing here just pales, so far imo.

I don't even know where to start...but,

I'm I the only one who hopes Saiga will punch that GDamn smiling politician in the face? Ughhhh, getting so annoying. LOL
Nov 13, 2014 6:40 PM
Oct 2012
Why didn't Akane kill Kamui? (rhetorical question)
What happened to the Dominators? Why they have ammo now?
Now that everyone's dead, there's only Division 1 to protect Japan. What will happen?
If Togane's working with Kasei to study Akane's hue to bring her to the Sybil System (or even if he's not), then I think he wants to sabotage the brain party by turning her black. I guess he has a grudge against the System, maybe because they turned his mother (probably Kasei) into one of them? (just a theory)
Nov 13, 2014 6:48 PM

Nov 2014
magnum339_tyrant said:
Now that everyone's dead, there's only Division 1 to protect Japan. What will happen?
If Togane's working with Kasei to study Akane's hue to bring her to the Sybil System (or even if he's not), then I think he wants to sabotage the brain party by turning her black. I guess he has a grudge against the System, maybe because they turned his mother (probably Kasei) into one of them? (just a theory)

I don't know about his grudge against the system. When Mika reported Sakuya was pointing a dominator at Akane, Kasei seemed to overlook it. I think they're more of a team than enemies.
Also, since Sakuya has the highest recorded Crime Coefficient, it seems odd that he's still alive. Perhaps Kasei prevented his death.
IMO, the most dangerous person to Kasei and the Sibyl System is Akane, because she knows the truth behind it. The only way to get rid of Akane is to cloud her hue.
Nov 13, 2014 6:55 PM

Mar 2013
At this point, Kamui is just too much of a villain sue. Everything he plans just goes off perfectly without a hitch, every single time. And we're never shown how he pulls all this shit off. He just magically waves his hands and suddenly there's super-detailed holo, the MWPSB's computer systems are compromised, etc.

Maybe it will all be explained later on, and then it will all make sense, but right now, the way he just cruises his way through everything and single handedly pulls off insanely complicated stuff without anything ever going wrong, with no explanation ever given as to how he is able to do all this so easily?

Reminds me a lot of a certain other Kirito, and that's NOT a good thing.
Nov 13, 2014 7:00 PM
Aug 2009
AlexTheRiot said:
Even if she shot his leg that boat was getting the hell out of there. The only surefire way to end things then and there would be to shoot to kill(would she really be good enough with a machine gun to merely wound him anyway?), and that's just not something we're ever going to see Akane do unless Togane succeeds in his plans.

Solution: use the Destroy Decomposer on the boat.
Nov 13, 2014 7:01 PM

Mar 2013
By the way, who was driving the boat?!
Nov 13, 2014 7:09 PM

Aug 2012
dondon151 said:

Solution: use the Destroy Decomposer on the boat.

lol
fst said:
By the way, who was driving the boat?!
Drones? Sybil? Citizens playing GTA on a tablet?
AlexTheRiotNov 13, 2014 7:14 PM
Nov 13, 2014 7:16 PM
Oct 2012
tanteiRE said:
magnum339_tyrant said:

I don't know about his grudge against the system. When Mika reported Sakuya was pointing a dominator at Akane, Kasei seemed to overlook it. I think they're more of a team than enemies.
Also, since Sakuya has the highest recorded Crime Coefficient, it seems odd that he's still alive. Perhaps Kasei prevented his death.
IMO, the most dangerous person to Kasei and the Sibyl System is Akane, because she knows the truth behind it. The only way to get rid of Akane is to cloud her hue.

Thinking about it, maybe Togane reunited enough information about Akane's hue to the System and now they want to get rid of her.
Nov 13, 2014 7:21 PM
Sep 2013
Okay, the build up is getting really, really high since this episode, and I'm getting extremely worried that all the questions won't be answered by the end of the series. I know we have a movie next but, I'm still worried. Also, Kamui is getting further away from the list of villains I like. He's just plain creepy right now.

In my opinion, this season's animation is pretty flawless, but there's one problem, and that problem is the way they're handling the storyline. There's too much build up, and too much mystery. I know mystery is good and all, but when there's too many questions and not enough clues, the 'shocking revelation' bit at the end won't make any sense to the audience...they would have to assume what happened, and assuming is not good enough...and I'm also missing the awesome quotes from plays and books from last season ;(

I know I'm getting way ahead, but yeah, I'm just giving my opinion. It's not like I'm hating on this series, I'm just pointing out what I like and don't like about this season so far.
Nov 13, 2014 7:27 PM

Aug 2012
soraibi said:

and I'm also missing the awesome quotes from plays and books from last season ;(
Me too. It's like the new staff listened to complaints about the show being pretentious with all those bits and wanted to go for a more ''direct'' approach.
Nov 13, 2014 7:27 PM
May 2010
akane is insane i think, and i think akane's hue color is probably sibyl's hue color, very clear, objective, not emotional or rarely and always in control. she's a nutjob.

she's okay and pretty chill after watching a whole bunch of half naked, scared civilians get chewed up by MWPSB but gets all emotional and yells "DON'T SHOOT, DON'T BECOME KOGAMI" when tougane tries to kill/stop kamui, the one responsible for and seems to kinda enjoy watching guts and blood rain like niagra falls. really freaking strange. i guess they need to stretch this to 11 episodes so if they killed kamui there and then the oop series ended, we don't get to see kamui's master plan. it sorta feels akane has made no progress on picking up a gun and shooting w/out dominator. maybe that changes in the movie where she's holding a pistol instead.
Nov 13, 2014 7:31 PM

Jan 2014
This week's most useless character goes to...

What a surprise. It's Mika again.

Nov 13, 2014 7:38 PM

Jun 2014
I bet those bitches will think twice before picking up a Call of Duty game! Lmao im evil af
TyrelNov 13, 2014 7:47 PM
Nov 13, 2014 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
After Akane couldn't pull the trigger in season 1, we all knew she was going to be too much of a pussy to do it at the end there.

And of course she had to stop Togane because she had a Kogami flashback. Couldn't have even let him pop off a couple rounds.

Inspecter Shisui went full evil, at least her latex villain one piece looks sexy.

Speaking of Kogami, don't they show him a bit in the OP? I was almost certain that it was him in the chair scene where he like vanishes, and in the scene before that with the dude sitting with his head down in the room changing colors, I'm not sure if that's Kogami or Kamui.

Nobunagun said:
anyone else saw how Akane got a headshot in this week's OP visuals?
It's highly unlikely that this would ever happen but who knows, though? Still pretty interesting to see that scene.

It's actually been like that for a while ago. They changed it in episode 2 or 3 and it's shown that ever since.

darkreaver94 said:
Vexper said:
Since when did dominators run out of shots? Those things have ammo?

I don't recall that ever being a problem before, am I missing something lol.

Don't think so. I think it is more of cheap writing to make the situation more intense.

It doesn't seem like cheap writing at all. Obviously the dominators are energy based weapons. It's only natural they would run out of energy, but they've never really put the inspectors and enforcers in a situation where they would need to use them till empty. In season 1 they never had to kill a horde of drones, just one or two. Plus, the decomposer mode is the most lethal, meaning it would use the most energy.
Nov 13, 2014 8:01 PM

Dec 2013
I'm confused as to how kids in an age with holographic technology and guns that can read anxiety levels, could be fascinated with a game that looks like something out of the 80s.

And Shisui...I'm having an impossible time swallowing her newly found creepy devotion to Kamui's cause. Did she have some huge unfulfilled axe to grind that would allow the wholesale slaughter of her friends and colleagues? That part is coming off as so cheesy to me.

I'm afraid "Hungry Chickens" is becoming synonymous with "Hyper Oats." An interesting idea, but sloppily handled. Hopefully the remaining episodes start to fill in the holes and focus on the characters...
DouluoNov 13, 2014 8:18 PM
Nov 13, 2014 8:10 PM

Oct 2011
Another major issue I had was that the denominators had actual ammo....like wtf? In the days where holographic technology is available and guns that scan and give a persons information, there is actually limitations on the bullets?

Utterly ridiculous.
Nov 13, 2014 8:19 PM

Dec 2013
Some convenient writing this episode..seriously Akane? After everything that happened in S1? You could at least TRY to shoot the boat u know...

Also don't get me started on the whole drone bullshit...since when does Dominators run out of shot? Way to cheaply build suspense, convenience at it's best...

Well Mika, i don't hate you, but you seriously give me reasons to..."That is your job" Get REKT

Shisui's personality feels so forced, also lol that outfit...you go diva!

"Turn her black"? Yep, this ep. confirms it, Tougane isn't Kougami, he wouldn't ever say something like that.

What about that last scene then? I believe that was meant to be a reference to S1. Tougane's action reminded Akane of Kougami, needless to say she doesn't want him to end up like that.
Though i wouldn't be worried if i was you Akane, that guy already has the highest hue ever....

Also if Tougane is working for Sibyl, then why would he want Akane's hue to go black, even though she's 'helping' Sybil despite knowing it's true identity? That wouldn't make sense, although he could be acting on his own, but if that's the case, and he knows nothing about Sybil true identity, checking an inspector EVERY SINGLE DAY is suspicious as fuck, but even so Sybil just ignores it...maybe i'm looking to deep on it, or maybe i'm overlooking something...Maybe he's with Kamui? But that doesn't make sense either...

By all means, DON'T GET ME WRONG, i thoroughly enjoyed this episode, and i love Psycho-Pass 2, but it is obvious Urobutcher is no longer writing this...

Holy fucking shit, i think this may be my longest, most well thought post to date! O.o
oh never mind, just saw what it looks like after posted, nothing special... Just shows you how much i care about this series, 5/5 entertainment value for this episode, i was pretty hyped.

PriestSlayerNov 13, 2014 8:27 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 13, 2014 8:24 PM
Jan 2011
Cnon said:
darkreaver94 said:

More like because Tougane's action reminded her of Kougami. She don't want Tougane to end up like Kougami.

I think you're right but after all of these incidents she had to kill him. Lots of innocent people are dead. Admit it she's weak and enforcers doesn't want her to change and they protect her. She have to learn to carry her own weight .It's her job to protect these people and she keeps failing!

Akane is a human regardless of how not human she appears to be. I see her hesitation less as a sign of weakness and more as an appeal to her humanity.
Nov 13, 2014 8:24 PM
Nov 2012
Agree with the sentiment that it's enjoyable but flawed.

I know it's a bit silly to complain about this but I feel like it was sloppy how the drones went after Tsunemori in the end. I feel like the show does a good job of being believeable and it's just weird that no one else shot- unless we're arguing there was a firing lock? Maybe.

Bleh. Now I'm just annoyed it's 11 episodes. Tight pacing sure but it puts constraints on the writers.
Nov 13, 2014 8:27 PM
Jan 2011
Peralisc said:
So season 2 collapsed into utter bullshit with this very episode.

Akane specially went through all the effort to take the automatic machine gun to kill kamui and then she doesn't use it, wtf?????
And then she even stops her colleague from doing the right thing in her place, wtf???

Also some guy manages to hack into drones to that extent, seriously? And not only that but there is nobody to stop or prevent the hack or stop the program? gtfo!!!!

I don't think Akane herself hesitated now that I think about it. She didn't mind firing at Kamui but has a problem if her subordinates did it...
Nov 13, 2014 8:28 PM

Dec 2013
The one thing I did like: The Dominators only have three Elimination Rounds. It's an energy based weapon, so that's believable!
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.