Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 5, 2014 11:19 PM
Damn son that was a pretty good episode. Bloody and gorey just the way i like my anime.

Jul 12, 2014 5:45 AM

Nice, this is better than expected. Love the dark and mature atmosphere.
YouTube (Umineko Chiru spoilers!) - VNDB - Steam

Jul 15, 2014 1:10 AM
>First episode
>Lots of fanservice
>Didn't know what to expect
>Pretty dark and badass feel

I get the feeling that after completing this show, I'm going to be both praising its dark overtone and badassery as well as looking down on it for the fanservice, but overall I liked ep1 and thought it was interesting to say the least.

Dec 19, 2014 8:41 AM

The thing about the fanservice here is that it actually feels more like those Hollywood movies with 'random' kissing scenes and shots focusing on the sexualised parts of the female.

By the end of this shit, what I am sure I will NEVER live with is the fact that a character like Mimi exists. Goddamn lolis who actually turn out to be older than 20s. Not unless this "immortality" thing doesn't just refer to reviving, but even to the revitalisation of aging cells, then that would mean Mimi must have been experimented on long before Rin. I'm sure I got everything right so far. Otherwise, it would really disappoint me even more if she was a normal human who just so happens to be much younger than she looks.

If the naked-fighting is a recurring thing, then that would really piss me the fuck off. But hopefully the anime gets way more interesting than this already interesting opener.
Modified by zetsu_shoren, Dec 19, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 26, 2015 10:45 PM

i'm not into these gorey, too much blood everywhere, oversexualized, torturing stuff. at all. i hate this amount of fanservice, to be honest...
BUT i gave Mnemosyne a chance only because
- of this title
- of the appearance of Rin - pretty badass with that suit, green hair and glasses, right?
- synopsis contained the words Yggdrasill tree and vodka shots.
- oh, and i wanted to watch some yuri which is not fluffy magical but more serious, dark and mature enough.

okey, i feel trapped. a bit.

at several scenes i had to take a short half minute break.*sigh* except the 'locked in with zombie people' scene which i found mere sad like Rin did too - they were victims and lab rats and not made for killing.
overall, this 1st episode was more interesting than disturbing. was worth a try, yes. definitely.

now i'm curious about the following episodes.

+ one thing:
i can't stand watching the leg-hip area of female characters..! thigh gap?! -_-" this is more like an earth-moon distance between their thighs.

Mar 31, 2015 6:45 PM
Great Anime! I like it a lot! One of best ever-I hope it will stay on this level!

Sep 10, 2015 11:04 AM

Very interesting first episode :D I don't know if I should be happy that the story is better than I expected or if I should be sad that is not as disturbing as I imagined... Anyway, the dark mature atmosphere and the rock/metal OST are just to my liking.

Also, smart megane girl with nice body... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 28, 2015 3:53 AM

First episode was quite good, but there are some possible inconsistencies.

Firstly, how did Rin suddenly make that connection between that accident with the tanker truck and Maeno? It came out of nowhere. Also love the 'You're about to die... but I'll tell you everything!' cliche, always works. And I'm curious how Rin got through that lock up when she was chased by those zombies. It seemed like a thick steel wall was blocking her way, but she somehow got through.

Now with that Maeno guy in Rin's business, won't they keep getting harassed by those mafia guys because that clone is still alive? Guess we'll see.

Oct 7, 2015 8:25 PM

Haha I'm loving how gory and action packed this series is so far.That torture scene actually managed to make me cringe a bit too lol.

Another thing I love is how brutal this anime is. Take that red haired chick for example, in your typical anime she would have lived and possibly become some kind of recurring villain. In this anime she just gets shot in the face lol.

Rin herself is also pretty entertaining MC so far. I'll be interesting to learn more about her and how she gained her immortality.
Modified by Shape430, Oct 7, 2015 8:34 PM

Oct 16, 2015 3:29 AM
I hated this episode.

Why was she interested in that guy?

Why did she kill people in open public like it was the most normal thing in the world without even knowing what they want from the guy?

Mar 2, 2016 3:19 PM

that was brutal ep , what with zombies and sadist

Mar 4, 2016 12:04 PM

A nice change of phase for the normal yuri anime
Reminds me of Cannan
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield

May 21, 2016 11:38 AM

I saw that coming... about the guy in the end coming to work with them... that's common in animes... much like a cliche.

And... I'm bothered by the fact that that laser catching the girl ass and triggering the alarm was the reason for all the things that happened after.

Anyway... I still don't know how to feel about this anime just with ep 01... I have to watch the next episodes to build a better opinion. So far is... fine to good? Now going to the next episode.

Apr 16, 2017 12:43 AM

zetsu_shoren said:
The thing about the fanservice here is that it actually feels more like those Hollywood movies with 'random' kissing scenes and shots focusing on the sexualised parts of the female.

If the naked-fighting is a recurring thing, then that would really piss me the fuck off. But hopefully the anime gets way more interesting than this already interesting opener.

pretty much this. i know it's kinda standard for yuri anime the whole echo approach, but i was hoping that in a more serious series - which this looks like it is - they wouldn't objectify this much the women and their relationship.

but anyway, i... didn't really get it?
maybe it's my fault for coming in without reading anything about it but... i didn't get it.
it's interesting, the parts i got, but, i don't know. i don't get how she got to find that guy and what does he have to do with the cat and the accident in the beginning?

rin and mimi are pretty cool characters, though. i think i'm probably not gonna like the clone because he's like chii from chobits, i have no memories and i don't really know what i am and what i'm doing here. but anyway, i'm gonna give it a try anyway. it's only six episodes after all...

oh, and OP/ED, what a horrible experience to listen to. i got excited by the guitar in the beginning and then the guy started singing and i was WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?

Jun 24, 2017 8:41 AM

This is...... something very different from other anime.

and i love it!!!

Sep 4, 2017 7:32 PM

Dang, this show is pretty cool! Loving the awesome music, lots of rock and guitars, especially the OP and ED XD Lots of blood and ... fanservice? Dunno if it's exactly right to call it that. I wasn't a huge fan of this episode's plotline, except we get to find out that yes, Rin's basically immortal, but the "fight" against the clone-making research facility was kind of "meh" for me. Especially because we didn't really see too much for it other than confirming that's what happened to Maeno. I'm more interested in that cop from earlier and the things that Rin sees ... oh and also that girl who was trying to kill her! Who hired her? :O Either way, looks like we get a new "case" each episode, so looking forward to the next one :D

Jan 7, 2:23 AM

It wasn't what I initially expected but I found it entertaining nonetheless~ It reminded me a lot of Hollywood movies with the action, zombies, guns and tits. On one hand, Rin's an adorable hottie who makes a living out of odd jobs and on the other she's a femme fatale who'll go through anything just to get the job done no matter how painful it is. Can't say that she's lucky for being immortal because people like that always end up meeting the most sadistic sickos like the pharmaceutical lady. That bounty hunter sure likes ambushing her while she's naked.

To think that most of the brutal shit in the episode was caused by her thicc booty... At least her tormentor got a taste of her own medicine by getting eaten by her own lab rats like that one scene in Day of the Dead where the guy gets eaten by zombies that burst through the door behind him while that one zombie shoots him with his own gun.

Even after finding out his origins and the reason why he was devoid of emotion, he still chose to live on to make up for the trouble he'd caused Rin by getting her into the whole situation, much to Rin's relief. For someone who has an unlimited time to live out life, she's well aware of the value of life to those who doesn't bear her curse and laments those who take it for granted.

Jul 16, 2:36 PM

This was pretty meh.

Jul 23, 7:17 AM
begin with ecchi scene and gore.. it could be nice opening

Jul 29, 4:50 PM

That first episode was pretty damn good. I’ve heard of piercing queens before but Rin takes the cake.

Jul 29, 5:47 PM

I'm not gonna comment on the first episode-the whole show is one of my favorites. You just can't beat the combination of lesbianism, immortality, blood and gore-it's a fantastic series.
Life Is Short But Intense.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]