Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Migi is doing anything to survive so his actions doesn't surprise me this episode. God damn, poor Shinichi though. Also, I notice he isn't wearing his glasses much anymore which is like his original design from the manga.

Overall, good episode. It'll be hard for him to accept what happened though with his parents but I think he is ready to fight and get some payback.
Nov 12, 2014 10:00 AM

Jun 2011
Nov 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Jun 2008
Boy, Shinichi looks rough.

I'm disappointed the episode didn't go a little bit further and end where the manga chapter did. That would have given you guys a lot more to talk about.
Nov 12, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
What a painful and eye-opening episode for Shinichi but at least Migi does his thing to pull his bro back from the brink while giving him a few upgrades along the way. Shinichi is the new Six Million Dollar Man (now including years of mental scaring and pent up anime rage). All the bitches seem to be wet over him and see his new body like this now:

And things seem to be set up perfectly for an amazing showdown in the next episode. Maki (aka the new slut) just better not be a casualty or I will be joining Shinichi on the Rage Against the Parasytes bandwagon.
dankzelNov 12, 2014 11:32 PM
Nov 12, 2014 10:41 AM
Jul 2013
I kinda predicted what was going to happen... :/
But in the end I liked it... Good go Migi :D
MirianimeNov 12, 2014 10:46 AM
Nov 12, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like our boy Shinichi pulled a spiderman awakening and decided to finally become alpha. I'm getting hyped.

Besides the super human powers it seems like he's gotten more bloodthirsty as well. Or maybe it's just his passion for his mom's killer but those eyes at the end was bamf.
Nov 12, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
I already thought they would completely change his character design after that incident, thank god they did only remove the glasses. Don't know if I would have liked a half-starved looking MC.
Nov 12, 2014 11:05 AM

Dec 2013
Dang. Shinichi getting his physical traits enhanced at the cost of Migi's physiology. The bond is stronger between them now, but Shinichi is going a little crazy and Migi is becoming a little more human.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Nov 12, 2014 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
Ah... THERE'S the atmosphere that I love Parasyte for... about time. Hopefully it can keep it up.

Art/Animation: Animation overall was fine, nothing substantial but the art direction this episode was very well done, great use of shading and facial expression, especially on the dehydrated and tired Shinichi and the father's attempt to not cry.

Sound: Several things to list here... First off... the music overall was very atmospheric even if it was only 1 or 2 tracks, second off, the use of having no music at all in some scenes was very smart, it reminded me of the manga and how the lack of background often gave the story more atmosphere. Less is more I guess. Very well done.

Story+Characters:
We pick up right where we left off. Shinichi nearly dead and Migi needing to save him. Part of why I excuse this power up is because it came at a cost, all this time, Migi was the one doing most of the work. In order to survive however, he had to give himself a massive weakness of needing to sleep 4 hours a day and cannot be interrupted. It did of course improve Shinichi himself, improving his eyesight and hearing as well as boosting his physical capabilities in general, no need to explain it right away, it's clear that that is what happened.

The scene with the girls all talking about Murano and Shinichi's relationship was... a tad unneeded... it wasn't bad but it didn't keep much with the overall tone of the episode. Nitpick but it's there I guess. The scene it lead up to of course where Murano sees Shinichi when he's out of energy and seemingly horrified, was fantastic. It adds another layer to their relationship and improves the chemistry between them. She now knows what he looks like when he is at his weakest and her reaction being awkward yet worried was very realistic.

I love the scene where Shinichi confronts his father. A father striving not to cry in front of his son, it's so depressing and the way they portrayed it was so human.

Shinichi overall changed as well. Becoming more bloodthirsty rather than his usual empathetic and heroic self. Who wouldn't though when an alien creature possessed your mother and tried to kill you?

Overall, the episode had a very depressing and unsettling atmosphere, several things happened in it such as the father crying in front of his son, Murano seeing Shinichi at the weakest she's ever seen him all helped play with the overall tone of an unsettling atmosphere that the series is rather famous for. Well done this week, maybe even more so than the manga and that's the first time I've said that.
Nov 12, 2014 11:07 AM

Jun 2014
Best anime of the year :D already on my favorite list
Nov 12, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2010
That was quite the something to see how Migi saved Shinichi by being his temporary heart and feeding him too.

Murano's will you come back? She is feeling it too and felt the need to call him by his first name! It was quite the scene too.

Quite the emotional episode with Shinichi meeting his dad. Were his dad tries his best to give off an everything is fine situation. Seeing his dad's tears to witness his wife being killed in front of him.

That growing dedication to kill the parasites that has his mom. To not only get revenge but to put a stop to this thing using the guise of his mom from killing anyone. Migi changing to having to sleep 4 hours while Shinichi is turning into a superhuman.

That was quite the jump and running along with the music and tension! That looks like a man's back though.
Nov 12, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
Didn't disappoint me 10/10
Nov 12, 2014 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode, hope next episode will have a nice animated fight with Shinichi's new body i guess? ._.
Nov 12, 2014 11:16 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Migi sure is capable of some stern activity; didn't think he'd be able to heal Shinichi from such a hopelessly gruesome state. Moreover, he can even see without glasses now. Best pet ever!

Shinichi's new look is quite mature, but he has that melancholic tone all over him. Really feel bad for the guy..

Don't those officials know about the parasytes that's been running amok? They denied dad's testimony so fast like he was under a psychological shock. BS! >.<

Looks like Migi now has a weakness of sleeping. But at the same time, Shinichi seems to have gained some new abilities himself, such as excellent vision and sharp hearing.
Nice to hear he doesn't think of Migi as an enemy anymore. I can see the duo becoming more badass gradually.

Makiko was a nice side character and she was pretty cute too! Ah, she seemed to fell for Shinichi a little, asking him if he has a girlfriend. :3
Too bad, he doesn't really have any time to build a harem. *Sigh..

Great episode, once again. That resolution to kill is real! Lets go, Shinichi!
VindstotNov 12, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 12, 2014 11:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The OST in this episode is amazing.

Jan 2013
Shinichi.. You are a new badass. I like his new look, looks more harsh or you can tell by his face that he's suffered enough.

Jan 2013
Poor Shinichi...he really looks worn-out. I hope he can tell his father the truth soon.

Nov 12, 2014 11:18 AM
Jan 2014
So far, I'm really enjoying all the changes to Shinichi's character. Especially after this episode, since he received a power-up. Though it doesn't feel seamed and out of place for his character whatsoever.

His chemistry with Migi has been improving too. I was very interested in seeing Migi's healing procedure after that cliffhanger. I hope they become more compatible on a psychological level, rather than only on a biological level in the future as well. Shinichi's new superhuman enhancements were presented well and left off certain obvious vibes.

The episode ended in suspense once again, thus resulting a cliffhanger ending once more. Even Migi wasn't able to keep up with the pace.

Great build-up, though I kinda feel scared for Makiko for some reason.
Nov 12, 2014 11:20 AM

Oct 2009
Shinichi is really changed O_O
Nov 12, 2014 11:25 AM

Feb 2014
I like the new Shinichi ^^
Nov 12, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, Migi really did a good job on Shinichi, so what does Migi gonna tell him, that he is in no condition to fight?
yeo
Nov 12, 2014 11:34 AM

Aug 2014
Theorder14 said:

We got a masturbation joke a few episodes ago. A Spiderman reference gag wouldn't be that much to ask for, right?
Nov 12, 2014 11:38 AM
Sep 2013
Shinichi has finally grown into a badass now he will start owning. This anime cliffhangers are strong in this one.
Nov 12, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2014
Holy shizzle! Sinichi has changed alot in one episode. Thank god the dad is still alive. Damn! The OST was amezing, art and animation were also good en that cliffhanger... next week episode looks good. He might battle with his formal mother who he's going to kill O_O
Nov 12, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
Ugh. We barely saw a few things happen this episode! Don't know how they do it, but they manage to use up so much time from the episode just with thoughts, talk, and walking from one place to another. And then BAM, it ends just like that - with a cliffhanger. No fair! I wish it were more fast-paced.

Anyway, leaving that aside (because if I had one more episode to watch I wouldn't have complained), it was a really cool episode! Maybe there's a chance that Migi will develop some... feelings, I don't know. I just hope so. And Shinichi's new "powers" make him seem more badass <3 *yay*

Can't wait to see his encounter with that mysterious parasyte. Something tells me the guy is a little different... he seemed rather peaceful in a way, just sitting there on the stairs when he knew one of his kin was approaching... hmm.
Nov 12, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
This anime is sooo good. These cliff hangers piss me off though.
Nov 12, 2014 11:49 AM
Sep 2012
Luciferio said:
I already thought they would completely change his character design after that incident, thank god they did only remove the glasses. Don't know if I would have liked a half-starved looking MC.

Yeah, I didn't like what they did to Hai in second season. (Darker than black)
Nov 12, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
LarsikFtw said:
Luciferio said:

Yeah, I didn't like what they did to Hai in second season. (Darker than black)

Ew, season 2 Hei! Don't even mention it XD It's an insult to the awesome original :C
Nov 12, 2014 11:51 AM
Mar 2013
now this was emotional loved it :)
Nov 12, 2014 11:55 AM

Jun 2014
i mean, this season is great, kisejuu is gold
:3
Nov 12, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 2010
Skullcrusher said:
Shinichi is really changed O_O

A needed change to. Last week it made me hate him so bad I wanted to drop it. He's finally not delusional.
Nov 12, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Oh yeah, my waited episode.

I loved everything about this episode, loved the change they gave to Shinichi, how he's now more bloodthirsty, the confrontation with his father was awesome, literally everything in this episode was great.

Amazing episode 5/5. In Madhouse we trust.
Nov 12, 2014 12:00 PM

Jun 2012
Shinichi ditched his glasses this week but when will he slick his hair back!?
Nov 12, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
HybridMBL said:
Shinichi ditched his glasses this week but when will he slick his hair back!?

When he runs fast enough.
Nov 12, 2014 12:10 PM

May 2012
Wow
Nov 12, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
This anime is freaking amazing. My interest is kept throughout all the 24 minutes. Shinichi looks like he spent 2 intense years in the gym. That plus his glasses being gone and his resolve to kill his ''mother'' apparently make him pretty badass.

Those cops and the psychologist are stupid for not letting the dad speak, but i guess nobody would believe a monster killed his wife. I like how Shinichi was standing in front of the hospital, almost like a guard dog. Seems like him and Migi are actually getting closer over the death of moms, i can't wait to see them confidently working as a team.

5/5. Looks like mom is going bye-bye next time.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 12, 2014 12:12 PM

Mar 2014
Much better this week, really made up for last week's awful episode.
The ED just kinda feels out of place in this show, you can't have such an easy going ED if you always end the episodes with a cliffhanger or right before shit goes down.

Kinda dissapointed Shinichi didn't run like a ninja but oh well, there's always next time.
Nov 12, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Wow! It is really starting to be very interesting! 5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 12, 2014 12:22 PM

Feb 2014
Shinichi's senses and agility have increased greatly because of Migi.
But now Migi can only do certain things within the certain time frame.

It's good that Shinichi is staying by his dad to look out for his mom.

I wonder what Migi had to say to Shinichi while he was running.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Still very faithful adaptation to a great manga. They nailed the atmosphere too. About the only thing that I feel is new is the scene where the girls discuss that Shinichi and Murano might be together.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 2011
Goodbye megane-kun, you will not be missed.
Nov 12, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
That was an awesome ep! Can't wait for new ep!
Want to know more about what Shinichi can do now.

Xway101 ~By me~
Nov 12, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
Now let's see how much his fighting skills have improved
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2014
This episode was great, plus he has started his transformation to badass, it was great.
I can't wait to see him fight his "mom"
And I hope the dad snaps out of it.
Amazing anime really
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 12, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2012
Mouth-Guy!
Nov 12, 2014 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
Finally. Time for shit to get real, though I don't think that was his mother's killer.
Nov 12, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
Superior vision, superior hearing, really fast running, superhuman jumping and most of all a much more resolved and courageous personality? All for a mere four hours of Migi's sleep? Sign me up! Shinichi is badass now!

Regarding Migi's sleeping hours, Shinichi has to sleep at least 4 hours himself. So, what do you think is the best strategy?

1. Non-overlapping sleeping hours with Shinichi walking around sometimes without Migi's sensing abilities.
2. Overlapping sleeping hours when Shinichi and Migi sleep at the same time during night? They don't move round and about at night and chances of encountering parasytes seem to be much lower in that case.
Nov 12, 2014 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
Finally Shinichi's turned into a badass. Great episode, can't wait for next weeks.
Nov 12, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2013
Fucking awesome episode, that crazed personality is starting to seep in. This guy is ready to go off the rails and I am so looking forward to it :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 12, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2012
This show is full of cliffhangers. The new girl is a cutie.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.