Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 8, 2017 2:05 PM

@ellord thx it really helped :D

Feb 14, 2017 6:41 PM
I've seen that some have removed the "rated" section of their anime list and have replaced it with "tags". I want to do this but can't find out how to. And is there away to have "comments" be seen on the anime list? Ps. I only have my iPad ...I can go on the mobile or internet version of MAL tho
MM-Giitara-ML68

Feb 22, 2017 10:25 PM

I very recently got MAL for the first time and delved pretty much immediately into learning how to customize my profile.
After lurking around a bit and stealing a template to customize a bit, I ran into an issue that I cant figure out for the life of me what is going on.

As an example for the image that I want to replace, I will be using this:

In my Advanced CSS options I was able to locate the url of the image that was being used by default, from the user that created the template.

I created a correctly scaled image that I wanted to use (Image earlier)

This change can be clearly located right here:

However, despite the change that I made, it continues to use the default image from the users template, and I cant for the life of me find out why or how to change it.

Seen here;

If anyone has any idea whats going on or maybe some alternative way to fix it, It would be greatly appreciated.

Full Advanced CSS Here:

Feb 23, 2017 8:11 AM

The_65 said:
I very recently got MAL for the first time and delved pretty much immediately into learning how to customize my profile.
After lurking around a bit and stealing a template to customize a bit, I ran into an issue that I cant figure out for the life of me what is going on.

As an example for the image that I want to replace, I will be using this:

In my Advanced CSS options I was able to locate the url of the image that was being used by default, from the user that created the template.

I created a correctly scaled image that I wanted to use (Image earlier)

This change can be clearly located right here:

However, despite the change that I made, it continues to use the default image from the users template, and I cant for the life of me find out why or how to change it.

Seen here;

If anyone has any idea whats going on or maybe some alternative way to fix it, It would be greatly appreciated.

Full Advanced CSS Here:

Did you write this code yourself? I'm assuming the original picture is actually in the @ import .CSS so you need !important; to force the rule

#mal_cs_pic a[href="/"],
#mal_cs_links a[href="/"] { /*Topbar Character*/
background-image: url("http://i.imgur.com/ELKmJeV.png")!important;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

Feb 23, 2017 11:05 AM

[/size]Did you write this code yourself? I'm assuming the original picture is actually in the @ import .CSS so you need !important; to force the rule

#mal_cs_pic a[href="/"],
}

I didn't write the code myself, I kinda ripped it from a template and messed around with it.
I know very little about coding so this was a huge help and it fixed my problem. Thanks a bunch.

Feb 23, 2017 11:31 AM

The_65 said:
Did you write this code yourself? I'm assuming the original picture is actually in the @ import .CSS so you need !important; to force the rule

#mal_cs_pic a[href="/"],
}

I didn't write the code myself, I kinda ripped it from a template and messed around with it.
I know very little about coding so this was a huge help and it fixed my problem. Thanks a bunch.

No problems ^^

by the way, your weed smoking yui pictures makes my nose smell smoke @ _ @ ''

Feb 23, 2017 11:42 AM

Tomato said:
The_65 said:

#mal_cs_pic a[href="/"],
}

No problems ^^

by the way, your weed smoking yui pictures makes my nose smell smoke @ _ @ ''

Working as intended. It's always good to smell that good good.

Mar 19, 2017 2:35 PM
Hello,
I don't know why, but my custom CSS has been reinitialized, and I can't find again how to have anime covers in HD (it's for a modern-based css).
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks!

May 11, 2017 8:48 PM

Don't really know where to post this, i am using one of those public layouts everybody has and recently it started messing up and looking like this: http://i.imgur.com/gPlgO5L.jpg

Can you guys help me? :D

May 12, 2017 7:00 PM

GuillaumeFDR said:
Hello,
I don't know why, but my custom CSS has been reinitialized, and I can't find again how to have anime covers in HD (it's for a modern-based css).
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks!

Try these lines of code at the top of your CSS (one at a time)

@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=datatitle);

@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=datatitlebefore);

@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=dataimagelink);

@import url(https://malcat-gen.appspot.com/series?preset=dataimagelinkbefore);

Gaporigo said:
Don't really know where to post this, i am using one of those public layouts everybody has and recently it started messing up and looking like this: http://i.imgur.com/gPlgO5L.jpg

Can you guys help me? :D

The dropbox link in the CSS was cut off. The person who made the layout has to give you a new import link to that CSS on their dropbox

Jun 3, 2017 8:01 PM

Hey, I want to put an image as a preview in my anime/manga list, like in this one:

How can I do that?

Jul 19, 2017 7:06 AM

Hey guys, how can I make the Currently Watching table (only that table) to be ordered alphabetically by the Tags column?

Jul 19, 2017 4:48 PM

Cazador75 said:
Hey guys, how can I make the Currently Watching table (only that table) to be ordered alphabetically by the Tags column?
Unfortunately this is not possible. Tags are not sortable in that way (you can only search by tag, not sort), and there is no way to auto-sort a table on page load for every visitor.

Aug 21, 2017 6:53 AM

Hi, I would appreciate some help with the CSS of my Anime and Manga list so the cover of the series would appear on the left when you hover over it just like this image and could look like this on my list. I will leave my code on a spoiler if it helps. Thank you!

Aug 21, 2017 7:22 AM

Hello, guys, is there any easy way to make my anime list design more cute or atleast likable? I mean, now its convenient, but i feel like its a bit dull
"Really? One true god did everything, and the humans are merely borrowing it? Nature is not a thing which can be created by someone."

“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

"I am Holo the Wise Wolf, and I am a very proud wolf."

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”

Aug 21, 2017 7:41 AM

I wrote a tutorial on this

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563993

follow instructions on moving the pic where you want it, and I would suggest to update the covers with MALcat
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=443333

Mamokaru said:
Hello, guys, is there any easy way to make my anime list design more cute or atleast likable? I mean, now its convenient, but i feel like its a bit dull

Dunno what you mean by cute or likable, that's a matter of preference. Use a premade layout and give it a cute background?
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1499058

Aug 30, 2017 8:02 AM

So I already put the cover preview on my AnimeList. Thanks for the links.
However, when I started editing the layout (made by isaychris) a few months ago, I deleted the More button on the CSS. Now I want to get it back. I don't remember the code and I don't find it. If I don't remember correctly, @Shishio-kun, I read once that if you put the cover preview, the More button won't work. Maybe that's why I deleted it. Is there any code to make it work? Help appreciated, ty.

Aug 30, 2017 11:57 AM

Matuquicas said:
So I already put the cover preview on my AnimeList. Thanks for the links.
However, when I started editing the layout (made by isaychris) a few months ago, I deleted the More button on the CSS. Now I want to get it back. I don't remember the code and I don't find it. If I don't remember correctly, @Shishio-kun, I read once that if you put the cover preview, the More button won't work. Maybe that's why I deleted it. Is there any code to make it work? Help appreciated, ty.

Probably, that style of covers can't use the more button. There is no code I know of to make the More button work all of a sudden with it. There's a way to use similar covers that do allow the more button but it's complicated and would require a lot of changes and personal research

Aug 30, 2017 12:34 PM

I use layot code made by nobluesky and i wanna change the style of titles (All Anime, Currently Watching, and so on). They're italicized now, how can i make them bold or smth like that?
"Really? One true god did everything, and the humans are merely borrowing it? Nature is not a thing which can be created by someone."

“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

Aug 31, 2017 9:37 AM

Mamokaru said:
I use layot code made by nobluesky and i wanna change the style of titles (All Anime, Currently Watching, and so on). They're italicized now, how can i make them bold or smth like that?

Probably

.list-unit .list-status-title .text {
font-style: bold !important;
}

Aug 31, 2017 10:17 AM

@Shishio-kun That worked out well. Thank you very much.

Sep 14, 2017 6:07 AM

I need help to make my list transparent so I can see my background and the tab that has quick add,anime list,etc is just sitting on the screen.

Sep 14, 2017 8:05 PM

AnimeDash said:
I need help to make my list transparent so I can see my background and the tab that has quick add,anime list,etc is just sitting on the screen.
Using an RGBA colour code should do what you want. Your items have white backgrounds so that's 255 RGB, and the last number (the 0.5) is the transparency in decimal form. So 0.5 is 50%, 0.45 is 45%, etcetera.
.list-menu-float .icon-menu {
    background: rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
}
(If it doesn't work, try adding "!important" right before the semi-colon)

Sep 14, 2017 8:35 PM

I did that and nothing changed unless I'm in the wrong spot
http://prntscr.com/glca51

Sep 14, 2017 8:43 PM

AnimeDash said:
I did that and nothing changed unless I'm in the wrong spot
http://prntscr.com/glca51
Ah, it might be my bad, the !important shouldn't be in quotes. So it should look like the !important used above on the width statement.
background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5) !important;

Also, just want to make sure you know that this background is only applying when you hover the mouse over it with the code you are currently using.

Sep 14, 2017 9:01 PM

I fixed that now.
Now how do I make the blue box background on my list transparent so I can see my whole actual background.

Sep 14, 2017 9:19 PM

AnimeDash said:
I fixed that now.
Now how do I make the blue box background on my list transparent so I can see my whole actual background.
Hmm, well that appears to use a gradient. Essentially it's the same deal though, just use RGBA and choose the transparency you want.

This is what it looks like normally (after having removed a lot of unnecessary other text):
.list-unit {
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,1), rgba(36,66,145,1));
}

So what's going on here is really just the same as what we did before, but with a two colour gradient. So you would just change that last number to a decimal number of whatever percentage you wanted. So let's just do 50% once again, it would become this:
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,0.5), rgba(36,66,145,0.5));
Which comes out looking like this: [link]

Side note
You may also see some lines that look like this: (same thing as before but prefixed with "-o-" or "-webkit-" etc)
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(rgba(0,0,0,.4), transparent);
background: -o-linear-gradient(rgba(0,0,0,.4), transparent);
background: -moz-linear-gradient(rgba(0,0,0,.4), transparent);
I would say these were added in by the original author for compatibility reasons, except they're completely different colours and really serve no purpose from what I can tell. So either ignore them or delete them, your choice. But they aren't likely to cause much issue.

Sep 14, 2017 9:33 PM

One last thing, Is it possible to make it completely invisible.

Sep 14, 2017 9:39 PM

AnimeDash said:
One last thing, Is it possible to make it completely invisible.
Yep, if you want it totally invisible just set the transparency value to 0. So a totally invisible background would look like this:
rgba(255,255,255,0)

Or for the shortest amount of text (since the actual colour doesn't matter) you could set it to this (which is my preferred method).
rgba(0,0,0,0)

As long as the end number (the number that controls transparency) is set to 0, it will be fully see-through.

Sep 14, 2017 9:46 PM

Thanks for all the help :D

Sep 14, 2017 9:50 PM

AnimeDash said:
Thanks for all the help :D
Glad to have been of assistance. :3
Modified by Valerio_Lyndon, May 6, 2018 4:22 AM

Sep 21, 2018 7:14 PM
The anime covers or thumbnails are missing in my classic css animelist.how to fix it?Please help with picures.i am not good with written tutorials..

Sep 21, 2018 7:44 PM

NAZMUS_SHADAT said:
The anime covers or thumbnails are missing in my classic css animelist.how to fix it?Please help with picures.i am not good with written tutorials..
Hey there, I recorded a short video instead of pictures. Hope it fixes it for you. :)

Here is the line for copy-paste (watch video for reference on how to use):
@\import "https://malscraper.azurewebsites.net/covers/auto/presets/more";

Mar 25, 8:49 PM
Is there a way to change the color of a Modern list?
Changing the blue for gray in the Dark Blue theme for example (Only that color in text, covers, titles, etc)

Mar 25, 8:59 PM

JoaquinBobxD said:
Is there a way to change the color of a Modern list?
Changing the blue for gray in the Dark Blue theme for example (Only that color in text, covers, titles, etc)

I made some code to do this a while back, you could give it a shot. :) Just add it underneath the "Add Custom CSS" header on your style. I set the colours to a light grey already, but to change it just check out the top of the code. There's commented instructions there for various options, including the banner.

Aug 14, 2:40 AM

I need help.

I use the classic style for my lists.

I want to change the colors on my anime list, like I had done with my manga list. Thing is, I customized my manga list years ago. So I can't remember how I did it.

I just want to switch around the colors.

I checked it out on the list tab in the settings, but there's numbers and other codes I don't understand at all. I literally don't remember how I did it.

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]