Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 16, 2014 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
Gonna assume you're talking about the preview pics on your anime list

for now in your custom css edit box instead of using this (delete this line)
@import url(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78340470/anime.css);

replace it with this
@import "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/anime.css";
or
@import "https://googledrive.com/host/0BxjwQr0BBXs-aWFrYzJjVnpoVVE";

then save and pics should show up in preview, if they don't, leave it in so someone can see what went wrong
 
Sep 16, 2014 7:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Thank you so much it fixed it =D. i really appreciate it. Also i saw your Myanimelist and i really like the theme, but for some reason when i also put that one on it would not show pictures. Is there any spoilers you can link me for that one to also work for me?

LE: Another anime theme that will not show preview pictures for me =(

Here are the Spoilers tell me if theres any way i can fix it. Thank you!



[i]Mod edit: merged a post into this one, and spoiler tagged the huge wall of text
Modified by koleare, Sep 16, 2014 8:56 AM
 
Sep 16, 2014 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
Sure, np, I put all the most important updates to layouts on the front page of my group where the layout was originally posted, always check there, linked below. The ways to fix a Pyscho Pass layout are listed there too, scroll down and find it under the K-on! pic. The (hopefully temporary) replacements for covers are there too if you need them again.
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19736

I plan to later put up versions of all the broken layouts that won't need these patches, this will be posted on front page as well and the layouts will even have improvements.

btw if you post in my group make sure you read the club rules linked at top of club info first. And in all the forums put walls of text into spoilers and generally avoid double posting (the moderator edited your post for those two reasons)
 
Sep 20, 2014 7:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2
Hello. On my list here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Antigrate I have setup a theme with covers on hover. I ran into a problem though, the cover is too aligned to the middle and blocks buttons and other things. How can I align this to the right a bit more? Thanks!

This is my code of my theme if needed: http://pastebin.com/vV8gQxYk
 
Sep 21, 2014 8:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
Go to your CSS edit box on MAL

look under .hide

next to the "left" and "top" codes, change the numbers next to them to move the pics. for example 200px after left would make it 200px from the left edge

save, refresh list to see changes

plus I'm pretty sure those codes come from any of the setups in step 3 of my topic, so there's more info on that subject there:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563993&show=0#post1

step 2 has codes to remove that non-functioning more button too
 
Sep 21, 2014 6:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2
Shishio-kun said:
Go to your CSS edit box on MAL

look under .hide

next to the "left" and "top" codes, change the numbers next to them to move the pics. for example 200px after left would make it 200px from the left edge

save, refresh list to see changes

plus I'm pretty sure those codes come from any of the setups in step 3 of my topic, so there's more info on that subject there:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563993&show=0#post1

step 2 has codes to remove that non-functioning more button too


Thanks so much!
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:11 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18023
 
Sep 22, 2014 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1741
my list isn't loading the pics for the animes anymore. I didn't change anything. is this temporary (this has happened once before) or is there something wrong?
 
Sep 22, 2014 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 110
@Joey101937

"Error (509) This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!" for this css file : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/anime.css

If you have a dropbox account, share this file [(or another) anime cover css file] on your's.
 
Sep 22, 2014 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1741
I have a dropbox account, but ive never used it. how do I share it?
 
Sep 22, 2014 9:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 760
There is a google drive link for the anime covers in the tutorial now.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563993

I am having issues with my list after the dropbox change also. My tags aren't showing up in the "mini review" section underneath the anime covers. I tried changing the number with the "nth-of-type(#)" but it is supposed to be column 6. So I'm guessing whatever column is put in the mini review section just disappears?
 
Sep 23, 2014 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
Tazu said:
There is a google drive link for the anime covers in the tutorial now.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563993

I am having issues with my list after the dropbox change also. My tags aren't showing up in the "mini review" section underneath the anime covers. I tried changing the number with the "nth-of-type(#)" but it is supposed to be column 6. So I'm guessing whatever column is put in the mini review section just disappears?


You need the codes from step 2 in the topic you linked. preferably add them to the bottom of your CSS
 
Sep 23, 2014 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1741
So just copy the code in that link and add it to the bottom of my list code?

Do I delete the import of the too much traffic link too?

EDIT:

WORKED! THANKS!

(I didn't delete the first import)
Modified by joey101937, Sep 23, 2014 4:15 PM
 
Sep 23, 2014 6:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 760
Shishio-kun said:
Tazu said:
There is a google drive link for the anime covers in the tutorial now.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563993

I am having issues with my list after the dropbox change also. My tags aren't showing up in the "mini review" section underneath the anime covers. I tried changing the number with the "nth-of-type(#)" but it is supposed to be column 6. So I'm guessing whatever column is put in the mini review section just disappears?


You need the codes from step 2 in the topic you linked. preferably add them to the bottom of your CSS


Thanks! So now I realize that was the old dropbox import for CSSforFoxgirls.css. I was looking at it yesterday and was like uhh what is this...?
 
Sep 28, 2014 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 159
Hi, I have a question about my anime list.

Is it allowed to change the background image with CSS and call it your own anime list layout, when the background image is a wallpaper, which I found in google?

I mean, if I ONLY change that, and no other things.
It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world!
 
Sep 29, 2014 7:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 320
-Notorious- said:
Hi, I have a question about my anime list.

Is it allowed to change the background image with CSS and call it your own anime list layout, when the background image is a wallpaper, which I found in google?

I mean, if I ONLY change that, and no other things.


Well. First I would like to say that I am not a lawyer.

However, legalities aside, I certainly think that's a rather morally grey thing to do. Most of the actual work that constitutes the "design" was done by the artist of the background image, while the only work you have done is create a line of CSS setting it as the background. I honestly wouldn't consider any single line of CSS merit for claiming something as your own. Others may disagree on that one though.

So yeah. I don't know about the legalities, and I'm sure someone here knows more about that, but I do know I wouldn't do it either way.
 
Sep 30, 2014 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 159
Oh, I think you got me wrong.
I didn't intend to claim it as my own work, I just wanted to know that.

But I also asked a friend, he told me that it is not allowed, so the question has been answered.

Thanks :p
It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world!
 
Oct 5, 2014 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1741
ok guys, my pictures aren't showing up again -.-
 
Oct 5, 2014 7:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 320
joey101937 said:
ok guys, my pictures aren't showing up again -.-


Here, I'll hook you up with a little something.
https://viaware.ca/malutils/listimg/getcss/joey101937/anime

Server gets pretty much no traffic as is. What do I care if you use it.
Modified by winmac32, Oct 8, 2014 6:03 PM
 
Oct 6, 2014 5:04 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1741
thank you so much!
 
Oct 7, 2014 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 493
My anime hover images don't seem to be working. I've tried step 1 of this thread and none of them work. And I've searched the other anime/manga threads as well. Nothing else seems to be the solution
 
Oct 7, 2014 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
monarchyanarchy said:
My anime hover images don't seem to be working. I've tried step 1 of this thread and none of them work. And I've searched the other anime/manga threads as well. Nothing else seems to be the solution


Those aren't steps, they are possible solutions depending on the situation. And in solution #1 (zero anime covers) I said if they don't work, you need to generate your own CSS in bold letters. This is down the topic and always a definite solution with the Blink or Genku generators (Fellow Writer is broken temporarily):
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1174347
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=609801

btw your list uses "more" CSS, so generate that when it asks what kind you want to make.
 
Oct 7, 2014 2:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 493
Shishio-kun said:
monarchyanarchy said:
My anime hover images don't seem to be working. I've tried step 1 of this thread and none of them work. And I've searched the other anime/manga threads as well. Nothing else seems to be the solution


Those aren't steps, they are possible solutions depending on the situation. And in solution #1 (zero anime covers) I said if they don't work, you need to generate your own CSS in bold letters. This is down the topic and always a definite solution with the Blink or Genku generators (Fellow Writer is broken temporarily):
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1174347
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=609801

btw your list uses "more" CSS, so generate that when it asks what kind you want to make.


Thanks. I appreciate the help. It's working. Since css compiles the individual anime images, is it possible to have it auto update somehow? The one I just made is working fine, but of course if I add an anime that's not in the code, it won't appear. However the last css I had, before it broke, was capable of showing any anime I added to my list
Modified by absolutecero, Oct 7, 2014 3:09 PM
 
Oct 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 320
monarchyanarchy said:
Shishio-kun said:


Those aren't steps, they are possible solutions depending on the situation. And in solution #1 (zero anime covers) I said if they don't work, you need to generate your own CSS in bold letters. This is down the topic and always a definite solution with the Blink or Genku generators (Fellow Writer is broken temporarily):
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1174347
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=609801

btw your list uses "more" CSS, so generate that when it asks what kind you want to make.


Thanks. I appreciate the help. It's working. Since css compiles the individual anime images, is it possible to have it auto update somehow? The one I just made is working fine, but of course if I add an anime that's not in the code, it won't appear. However the last css I had, before it broke, was capable of showing any anime I added to my list


Yes, actually.

That link I gave Joey is to a web service of mine that does just that.

It will automatically fetch your list and return the required CSS for you. Just change his username to your username, import it into your list and never worry about it again.

If you want more info, go to the MALUtils homepage. I've also got a little tool on there that can build the URL for you.
https://viaware.ca/malutils

I've also created a club for it. Because why not. I put a more descriptive post about the service in there. The topic is here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1284743
Modified by winmac32, Oct 8, 2014 6:04 PM
 
Oct 16, 2014 12:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 17
I know there was a top bar mod code for hiding the top bar in one of Shishio-kun's threads, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Can anyone help me or give me the code in order to hide the top bar? Thanks.
 
Oct 16, 2014 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 17
 
Oct 16, 2014 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7314

How in the world would it possibly work if it gives you
Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

? I am pretty sure the code in one of Shishio-kun's threads that used to work but doesn't any more has the very same error. Maybe you should ask him to help you with that error?
 
Oct 16, 2014 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
tom199323 said:
I know there was a top bar mod code for hiding the top bar in one of Shishio-kun's threads, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Can anyone help me or give me the code in order to hide the top bar? Thanks.


Add to the bottom of the CSS:

#mal_cs_pic, #mal_cs_listinfo, #mal_cs_links, #mal_cs_otherlinks, #mal_cs_powered{
display:none !important;
}


Removes the top bar's core codes.




Just to clarify something, you don't use imports this way. Temporary working examples until U5's dropbox crashes again. Imports should be like this:
@import url(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/square/themes/fire/theme.css);
or
@import "https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/square/themes/fire/theme.css";

Notice the use of parenthesis and quotations, etc. But your style of import won't work in a layout, even if the link is valid or not:
'@import https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/square/themes/fire/theme.css'

You can also test if the link works via the parenthesis method by just clicking it within the parenthesis.
Modified by Shishio-kun, Oct 16, 2014 12:08 PM
 
Oct 17, 2014 1:31 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18023
 
Oct 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 433
Just a question, will Bootstrap work with MAL list designs? Thanks
 
Oct 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 320
Giriene said:
Just a question, will Bootstrap work with MAL list designs? Thanks


You would have to heavily modify Bootstrap, but getting parts of it to work is feasible

Honestly it would probably be less work to just write a responsive list design yourself, instead of trying to get Bootstrap to conform to MAL's list layout.

Also, some of Bootstrap's features rely on JavaScript. These would not work.
 
Nov 3, 2014 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1741
select anime pictures not loading on my list?

for example, "golden time" (and several others) are not loading the picture icon, while other pictures are displaying
 
Nov 3, 2014 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 320
joey101937 said:
select anime pictures not loading on my list?

for example, "golden time" (and several others) are not loading the picture icon, while other pictures are displaying


You have the generated covers (The big list of #more...s) pasted directly into your list. That doesn't work.

You have to use a CSS import like this:
@import url(https://viaware.ca/malutils/listimg/getcss/joey101937/anime/more);

Replace what's there right now with that, and it will work fine.
 
Nov 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1741
 
Nov 8, 2014 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Not any posters are working on my, and many of my friends, anime lists.... does anyone know why?
 
Nov 8, 2014 11:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7314
From your list CSS:
@import "[url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/anime.css]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/anime.css[/url]";
@import "[url=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/78340470/MahouLayoutCSS/Topbar%20redux.css]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/78340470/MahouLayoutCSS/Topbar%20redux.css[/url]";

The first one gives
Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

, and the second one gives
Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Which means that the imports in your Advanced Style CSS don't work ATM. Ask the author of the theme or in this club for working links
 
Nov 8, 2014 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
xXTensaZenXx said:
Not any posters are working on my, and many of my friends, anime lists.... does anyone know why?


Why: U5's dropbox crashed, it does this like once a week now, thats where your covers come from. With the account crashed the CSS links to it are no longer working. Your topbar is also a dead link.

Solutions: I put a ton of solutions to these problems on the front page of the club where you got this layout and topbars from. You can use the "All anime covers update" to get a line of CSS that will replace your covers for now. You can use the "All topbars fixed..." update to get the topbar you used to have back. All this is also featured under "Site problems and fixes" at the top of club info and in the stickies of forum of same club.
 
Nov 8, 2014 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Shishio-kun said:
xXTensaZenXx said:
Not any posters are working on my, and many of my friends, anime lists.... does anyone know why?


Why: U5's dropbox crashed, it does this like once a week now, thats where your covers come from. With the account crashed the CSS links to it are no longer working. Your topbar is also a dead link.

Solutions: I put a ton of solutions to these problems on the front page of the club where you got this layout and topbars from. You can use the "All anime covers update" to get a line of CSS that will replace your covers for now. You can use the "All topbars fixed..." update to get the topbar you used to have back. All this is also featured under "Site problems and fixes" at the top of club info and in the stickies of forum of same club.
OMG you own that club???? Thats like where I learned everything and stuff.... I love you <3 :P I feel honored lol
 
Nov 8, 2014 7:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
xXTensaZenXx said:
OMG you own that club???? Thats like where I learned everything and stuff.... I love you <3 :P I feel honored lol


Wow thanks! I'm still active in my club and fixing a lot of stuff lately; you can check the front page always for updates that will probably apply to your layout in some way: Front page
 
Nov 9, 2014 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 38
thanks shishio-kun, i had the same problem. but is there also a fix for manga cover? couldn't find any on your club.
 
Nov 9, 2014 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
furtzown said:
thanks shishio-kun, i had the same problem. but is there also a fix for manga cover? couldn't find any on your club.


"Site problems and fixes link" at the top of club info (on front page I linked). Tho you should generate your own
 
Nov 9, 2014 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
Does anyone here have copies of the two .css files that were on U5's dropbox by any chance?
 
Nov 10, 2014 11:35 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18023
 
Nov 10, 2014 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
xXTensaZenXx said:
Does anyone here have copies of the two .css files that were on U5's dropbox by any chance?


He had like 20 files in his Dropbox, so which ones? If you're referring to the two Serhikyo mentioned - the second one was mine, I've moved it since then to where I told you. As for the first one or anymore in U5's Dropbox you can check the link when his Dropbox comes back online (should be real soon). It was an anime cover CSS (#more style).
 
Dec 18, 2014 10:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 771
I've been trying to download this layout/theme/backround, the fire one that is, which is here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=459189&show=0 . but which ones am I supposed to copy and replace? I have a blank CSS Style ID, but whenever I copy this code: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/square/themes/fire/theme.css , it never comes up for me.

I'm also a beginner to this stuff, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I did read the beginner's tutorial though.

There's also some other stuff there, but I don't know if I need to copy that too.

And I basically just don't know where to paste all the stuff into.
 
Dec 18, 2014 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
If you're sure you made a new style ID as said in step 2 then you need to paste the fire theme CSS code into that style ID and also save it afterwards (as in steps 4-6) with the blue button at the bottom. Style ID's are found on this page:
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=stylepref&do=cssadv

Click your style ID link and paste/save the code in that box. Clear everything in that box first, thats the default code.

More importantly did you do step 7 of my beginner's tutorial? You need to apply that style ID to your anime list in order to see any codes pasted to it. Its found on this page:
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=stylepref&do=changestyle

Save your anime list to the style ID number you pasted code to earlier. Its probably saved to "Black background with red links" atm.



Beginner's tutorial here for reference:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=200320&show=0#post1

Forgot to say, after you see some kind of change on your list you can add other codes from that Square layout topic like the topbar icon CSS and piece together your layout. But if that is hard to figure out I have this topic where you can add Square layouts that are already pieced together:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1198609
Modified by Shishio-kun, Dec 18, 2014 11:54 PM
 
Dec 19, 2014 1:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 771
Shishio-kun said:
If you're sure you made a new style ID as said in step 2 then you need to paste the fire theme CSS code into that style ID and also save it afterwards (as in steps 4-6) with the blue button at the bottom. Style ID's are found on this page:
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=stylepref&do=cssadv

Click your style ID link and paste/save the code in that box. Clear everything in that box first, thats the default code.

More importantly did you do step 7 of my beginner's tutorial? You need to apply that style ID to your anime list in order to see any codes pasted to it. Its found on this page:
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=stylepref&do=changestyle

Save your anime list to the style ID number you pasted code to earlier. Its probably saved to "Black background with red links" atm.



Beginner's tutorial here for reference:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=200320&show=0#post1

Forgot to say, after you see some kind of change on your list you can add other codes from that Square layout topic like the topbar icon CSS and piece together your layout. But if that is hard to figure out I have this topic where you can add Square layouts that are already pieced together:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1198609


I got it to work pretty quickly now, thanks. Also, is there any way that I can make the tags bigger so I can see all of it without having to scroll down? I looked at everything in the site you sent me, but didn't really find anything to makes the tags bigger.
 
Dec 19, 2014 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 6163
OriginKenji said:

I got it to work pretty quickly now, thanks. Also, is there any way that I can make the tags bigger so I can see all of it without having to scroll down? I looked at everything in the site you sent me, but didn't really find anything to makes the tags bigger.


Like the other thing it was in the topic, at the bottom:
http://i.imgur.com/mXQkqHe.png

Big letters in your CSS say what you're trying to do: HEIGHT OF TAGS BOX. Increase the height and save.
 
Jan 15, 2015 8:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Hey! Anyone know how I can get a custom cursor for my list? As you can probably tell from looking at my list, I'm not amazing when it comes to CSS editor.
Cheers!
 
Jan 15, 2015 8:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 16280
 
Top
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »