Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 17, 2011 7:19 AM

mikana said:
saintcross said:
How do I change the colour of the links in the copyright section?

insert color:;
in the copyright section

example
#copyright, #grand_totals {
text-align: center;
margin:0 auto;
color:purple;
}

That only applies to the text it seems, the links themselves doesn't seem to change.

Basically I've changed all the colours of the links in my list to white and it seems that have affected the links in the copyright

Sep 17, 2011 7:48 AM

saintcross said:
mikana said:
saintcross said:
How do I change the colour of the links in the copyright section?

insert color:;
in the copyright section

example
#copyright, #grand_totals {
margin:0 auto;
color:purple;
}

That only applies to the text it seems, the links themselves doesn't seem to change.

Basically I've changed all the colours of the links in my list to white and it seems that have affected the links in the copyright

I misread the question, sorry about that but it doesn't look like you can change the link colours.
Modified by mikana, Sep 17, 2011 7:59 AM

Sep 17, 2011 8:01 AM

saintcross said:

use this code.

#copyright a {
color: black;
margin: 0 auto;
padding-top: 6px;
}

Sep 17, 2011 8:08 AM

Han-yuu said:
saintcross said:

use this code.

#copyright a {
}

Works perfectly, thanks!

Sep 17, 2011 9:17 AM

Han-yuu said:
saintcross said:

use this code.

#copyright a {
}

So they do have a code for that. thanks

Nov 5, 2011 7:24 AM

I've run into a slight dilemma with my new list style and was hoping someone could help me out..

I have a list_surround background that is 650px, but it is a vertically repeating png with transparencies around the edges. I am trying to find a way to constrain the actual "list" portion of the table within a 500px area, while keeping my list_surround width at 650px, so that it does not overlap into transparency on the left and right and instead sits nested in the middle.

Is it as simple as playing around with the padding?

Thanks in advance! :)

Nov 5, 2011 1:40 PM

I think this should work:
#list_surround > table, #list_surround > div
{
width: 500px;
margin: auto;
}

@Edit:
Replace all ">" with greater-than sign. MAL is doing strange things...

Nov 5, 2011 2:24 PM

Tithen-Firion said:
I think this should work:
#list_surround > table, #list_surround > div
{
width: 500px;
margin: auto;
}

@Edit:
Replace all ">" with greater-than sign. MAL is doing strange things...

got it working! Thanks so much!
Modified by Saetia, Nov 5, 2011 2:58 PM

Nov 17, 2011 3:12 AM

I was wondering what the code it is for BG images to auto adjust it's size to people's screen sizes, instead of the images being cut off or just small?

Also transparent images for the list. Is there a specific code to use transparent images for the list itself?

Thanks a lot in advance, thinking of making a Gilgamesh themed one! ;D

Nov 17, 2011 8:33 AM

Kratos_Ortega said:
I was wondering what the code it is for BG images to auto adjust it's size to people's screen sizes, instead of the images being cut off or just small?

Also transparent images for the list. Is there a specific code to use transparent images for the list itself?

Thanks a lot in advance, thinking of making a Gilgamesh themed one! ;D

To get the background image to stretch to fit both height and width:
body
{
background-image: url();
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-size: 100% 100%;
}
... is what you need.

To get the background image to retain proportions, but still be as big as can fit on your screen:
You would just use background-size:contain; instead.

To get transparency,
You would add something like this:
filter:alpha(opacity=50);
-moz-opacity:0.5;
opacity: 0.5;
... into every {} that you want. But that affects the text too.
Normally if you want to use transparent images only (not text) then you would just save the image as PNG with transparency in Photoshop or whatever editor you are using. There is no code necessary for this.

Nov 17, 2011 8:35 AM

html {
background: url(images/bg.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;
}

As for transparent images you have to either set the transparency in a program like photoshop and save it as a png to preserve the transparency, or if you want the whole image transparent you can play with the opacity in the code.

Dec 3, 2011 10:09 AM

Need help on my anime list, I have no experience in CSS so I used premade list from this link

Here is the result, but there is a very tiny text on top left of the title header. Since I have no experience I have no idea how to remove it.
Thanks a lot in advance =)

"Life is always a continuation of unpreparedness" - Evangline A.K. McDowell

Jan 8, 2012 3:53 PM

Hey guys, I've recently decided to give the old profile and list a good dust up but I cant seem to get it to actually change. I got the Profile done but I'm having a tricky time with the CSS on the List Style.

I got the wallpaper changed but the rows and headers are still the same Black and Grey even though I have set them to be Transparent, it just stays the way it is. I assumed it may just have been lag but it's been an hour now and it's still not changed. Is there something glaringly obvious that I have missed?

Jan 9, 2012 12:01 AM

@Riptos: I don't see where you were trying to set the rows to transparent, since the CSS in the page still has #1c1c1c and #000000 for the background-color values. You may need to select your custom style in your settings on this page:
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=stylepref&do=changestyle
It should be one of the styles that is numbered if you are doing custom css.

Be warned that sometimes mal will rewrite your styles to escape patterns that it sees as problematic. You can sometimes circumvent those protections by adding backslashes or encoding the css in hex. You'll see what I mean if you try anything more complex. Honestly I find it easier to host my styles off-site and just @import() in my custom style, though not everyone has hosting to use.
Modified by saka, Jan 9, 2012 12:05 AM

I am a banana.

Feb 2, 2012 11:37 PM
I need help setting td1's and td2's background...
I want the dark strip to appear ONLY at the left, under the numbers and so, but it gets like this:

Code:

Help, please.

Feb 3, 2012 1:32 AM

Just remove background-image, background-repeat, background-position from .td1, .td2, .table_header and add this:
Shorter version:

Hope that helps. ;)
Modified by Tithen-Firion, Feb 3, 2012 1:41 AM

Feb 3, 2012 9:15 AM
Works perfectly, thank you!

Mar 22, 2012 2:05 AM

Quick question: Is there a way to change the colour of the status up top (selected, not selected)? They're links, and they refuse to take on the colour I specify under .status_selected.
Thanks!

Mar 22, 2012 4:56 PM

Athena said:
Quick question: Is there a way to change the colour of the status up top (selected, not selected)? They're links, and they refuse to take on the colour I specify under .status_selected.
Thanks!

Did you try
.status_selected a, .status_not_selected a{}

and
.status_selected a:hover, .status_not_selected a:hover{}

? ^^

Mar 23, 2012 2:41 AM

Rukayex said:
Did you try
.status_selected a, .status_not_selected a{}

and
.status_selected a:hover, .status_not_selected a:hover{}

? ^^

Thank you! I tried that, it did change the status up top the way I wanted them to, but for some reason the link colours in my list got affected as well. Seemingly arbitrarily, because some were links I'd visited, others were not.

Er, anyway, thanks a lot for that. I'll see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Apr 3, 2012 4:35 AM

Does any one know the coding for adding a cursor to the Anime List?
I want to add a Snow Flake Cursor to this list but I do not know how...
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Snowing

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2012 2:04 PM

It's fairly simple, really:
cursor: url(http://zoiq.rainender.com/misc/mal/al/cursor.png) 5 2, auto;

The one above is in my case, though. You may have to change the values I think depending on your own cursor, as well as add it in several sections to get it all over your list (body, a:hover etc.)

Try it out, you could use mine but it won't look good on blue...

Apr 15, 2012 1:00 AM
How can I change the image of the search button?

Apr 15, 2012 1:25 PM

You can't. It is possible to hide this element and add a background with image aligned to left or right to #search, but it won't be clickable anymore.

I've even got an example: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/-Akarin-
Modified by Tithen-Firion, Apr 15, 2012 1:30 PM

Apr 15, 2012 2:31 PM
How is it an example?

That's how it appears here:

Apr 15, 2012 3:26 PM

Default one is different. Take a look:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LightAndDark

Apr 21, 2012 10:02 PM

zq said:
It's fairly simple, really:
cursor: url(http://zoiq.rainender.com/misc/mal/al/cursor.png) 5 2, auto;

The one above is in my case, though. You may have to change the values I think depending on your own cursor, as well as add it in several sections to get it all over your list (body, a:hover etc.)

Try it out, you could use mine but it won't look good on blue...
THANKS!!!! :D I'll use this http://cur.cursors-4u.net/nature/images10/nat985.png
Modified by saka, Apr 22, 2012 9:27 AM

May 11, 2012 1:54 PM

My background isn't changing is used this code :

body {
background-size: cover;
}

i copied this code below the last code of my CSS file but i didn't work

I use firefox 12.0

May 12, 2012 9:31 PM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Your background changes for me in both Firefox 12 and Chrome 18. Maybe you are just misunderstanding how it is supposed to work? Change your screen size or browser size. The image should then change as well.

Since you're using a premade layout from a club it's better to ask there for help.
There are lots of tutorials for these layouts:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=419405#msg14032175

And here is the one for your problem:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=419677#msg14044347

May 24, 2012 6:54 AM

Is there a way, I can hide the search bar, when I scroll down?

Edit : I think I found the problem..

My #mal_control_strip becomes just #, similarly with #mal_control_strip a, becomes # a

Anyone knows, why does that happen?

Edit : Problem solved.
Modified by Ace_09, May 24, 2012 7:17 AM

Jun 18, 2012 2:05 PM

Hey there. I'm pretty good with html/css (I can code websites from scratch) but I don't quite understand how the CSS works on MAL. Anyway, I was wondering if I make a design mock-up in Photoshop if someone would be capable and willing to convert it into MAL CSS.

Thanks, appreciate if anyone is willing to do this~

Jun 18, 2012 3:33 PM

@Dustin: if you poke around the page structure of the list (horribly marked up as it is) you should get a feel for the tags available to you. However, Xinil coded some protections into the custom style code which remove a lot of style identifiers from the code you submit, and these can often be so overzealous that you can't even get the most basic changes to stick. Furthermore there is sometimes a delay in updating your custom styles which may mislead you into thinking a change did not go through.

To work around this, many users (including myself) have chosen to host the css on our own hosting and just @import the style here on mal. You can view my style in the header of my list to see what I mean.

I am a banana.

Jun 20, 2012 12:12 PM

Hi,

I'm using the website's 'edit my style' feature to alter my list. I've added a background and re-aligned the list so far.

Here is where I'm stuck: the 'Completed,' 'Watching', 'Plan to Watch,' items as well as the statistics beneath the individual lists have a transparent background that makes them hard to read. How to I modify those background settings?

Thanks. -G

PS. Just for the record, I've tried searching for an answer to this question using google ([search terms] site:www.myanimelist.net/forum) but I came up with nothing.

Jun 20, 2012 10:59 PM

ghritke said:
Hi,

I'm using the website's 'edit my style' feature to alter my list. I've added a background and re-aligned the list so far.

Here is where I'm stuck: the 'Completed,' 'Watching', 'Plan to Watch,' items as well as the statistics beneath the individual lists have a transparent background that makes them hard to read. How to I modify those background settings?

Thanks. -G

PS. Just for the record, I've tried searching for an answer to this question using google ([search terms] site:www.myanimelist.net/forum) but I came up with nothing.

Go to Advanced Style CSS Editor instead if you need a fancy list.

if you want to make a custom list, this thread will help
Also this club is great and also has a bunch of templates that can make it even easier for you.

Jul 4, 2012 12:46 PM
Silly question: is there any way to select parent element via pure css?

I'm currently heaving problem with one table which ~change it's position dinamicaly~. What I mean is that I can't use :nth-of-type selector to choose it. And this table element have same atributes as every other table element in a document. But, not like any other, it has a child element [div] with a specific class. So what I need is to add different style to the table with this child element.

Lets say html looks like that:

<table>...</table>
<table>...</table>
<table>...</table>
<table><div class="someclass">...</div></table>
<table>...</table>

And I need to select a table with a div which have class atribute "someclass" .

To be more specific I'm talking about .category_totals . One of my solutions was to hide "~all anime" tab and then hide last table element with :last-of-type selector. It was fine until I tried search function. And looks like search links you to that "all anime" tab so my all list gets messed....

Any solutions? And thanks.

*Sorry for my bad english (.___.")

Jul 5, 2012 8:54 PM

ushiopix said:

Anyway Ushiopix, unfortunately you can't select the parent of element in pure css (1,2 or 3 (but in 4... maybe) ) :s. I looked for too :s. But you can select the table with :nth-of-type(here is 4th). But i don't know if it help you.

Jul 5, 2012 11:30 PM
Shinsae said:
ushiopix said:

Anyway Ushiopix, unfortunately you can't select the parent of element in pure css (1,2 or 3 (but in 4... maybe) ) :s. I looked for too :s. But you can select the table with :nth-of-type(here is 4th). But i don't know if it help you.

Thank you for your respond.

No, thats not going to work. Unless no one will ever use search D: I guess I'll go forward with that idia that no one will xD Thank you again ^^,

*I believe they should add different classes for different types of tables~~~

Jul 5, 2012 11:34 PM

You want to select what table exactly ?

Jul 6, 2012 1:59 AM
The one which contains .category_totals div. It changes it's position in the list depending on how many anime/manga entries you have in there. Using :nth-of-type wont work becouse of that while using :last-of-type works just when you look at a single category (Completed, Watching etc..) but not in All Anime category which contains all categories in one page.

That's complicated Dx

Jul 6, 2012 2:06 AM

i looked for too :s but no way (i found) :s

Jul 12, 2012 1:50 PM

I saw a lot of beautiful backgrounds that people have made for their anime/manga lists, can someone explain me how can i do that?

Jul 28, 2012 4:21 PM
/*
// Controls the select form decoration (the drop down select box)
*/

.form
{
border-width: ;
border-color:;
border-style:;
color: ;
padding: ;
font-size: px;
font-family: ;
}

/* Which 'status' up top is selected? */

.status_selected
{

border-style: ;
border-color: ;
background-color: ;
}

.status_not_selected
{

border-style: ;
border-color: ;
background-color: ;
}

---------

What tasks do they perform? And can you give me some examples? Thanks! ^^

Jul 28, 2012 4:37 PM

endlessabyss said:

What tasks do they perform? And can you give me some examples? Thanks! ^^
.status_selected = Your selected status in list view. for example in my case it's "All Anime". some people choose "Watching" as default select status for list. Also if your default view is "All Anime" and then you check only "Completed" anime list page. That link will become selected status.

.status_not_select = If "All Anime" is selected than all other status like "Watching", "Completed", "Dropped" etc are not selected..

Just use different background-color for both classes and you will see the difference in your list. I hope this explanation helps.

Aug 9, 2012 3:01 PM

would anyone know how to put a custom header on tumblr?

Aug 10, 2012 8:11 AM

CinatoastB3 said:
would anyone know how to put a custom header on tumblr?

You should have full control on your tumblr theme. Go to Customize and then Edit HTML. Then find area for adding custom header or you can even add new div.

Aug 23, 2012 12:38 PM
I am not good with this kind of stuff, so I need your help to edit a few words in my list.
Watching,Completed,OnHold,Plan to watch and statistics after each one of these if you could help me I would like to know how to change color,size and font of these words.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/shape

Oh and sorry if there is a topic on this, I'm just not a forum person so please direct me to it if it exists.

Aug 23, 2012 3:26 PM

shape said:
I am not good with this kind of stuff, so I need your help to edit a few words in my list.
Watching,Completed,OnHold,Plan to watch and statistics after each one of these if you could help me I would like to know how to change color,size and font of these words.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/shape

Oh and sorry if there is a topic on this, I'm just not a forum person so please direct me to it if it exists.

Edit the stuff in .header_title{}.

So you'd have something like this:
.header_title{
color: #000000;
font-size: 20px;
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
}

And the other thing you asked about, the "statistics" at the end of each section, can be edited with .category_totals{}
Modified by Rukayex, Aug 23, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 23, 2012 8:19 PM
Hello, I'm pretty new to MAL and I had a question about my anime/manga list. My manga list is in a straight line while my anime list isn't and looks messing. I was wondering why its doing that? :/

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/heartspardon
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/heartspardon

Any help is appreciated. ^_^''

Aug 23, 2012 10:23 PM

heartspardon said:
Hello, I'm pretty new to MAL and I had a question about my anime/manga list. My manga list is in a straight line while my anime list isn't and looks messing. I was wondering why its doing that? :/
Any help is appreciated. ^_^''

It may be because there's so many more columns in your anime list than in your manga list. Try going here:
http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=listpreferences
and un-check the boxes for columns that you aren't using in your list (all the empty ones) and see if it fixes it.

Oct 9, 2012 9:19 PM

I want to change my background to my anime list, I don't remember how to change the picture.

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »