Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2014
The questions are only geared toward people who've read the manga.

Basically, Sakana no Miru Yume is a yuri manga about 2 sisters, one of them a hard working student trying to make it into a good college and the other a trouble maker of sorts who's fallen in love with her own sister.

BUT ANYWAYS, I really need some clarification on the events that took place in the end, so if anybody who's read the manga has some idea or clear cut answers, do enlighten.

First of all, why did kujou tear tomoe's application apart? It didn't really make sense what her motive was and her behavior. Did she really love her, just in her own twisted and morbid way? But then again, why did she backstab her? Was she just crazy?

Is Takayanagi and Mikage's friendship really resolved? It sorta confused me in chapter 9 (I think it was that chapter) when she yelled out to Mikage that it was "her turn now" when Tomoe was dragging her away out of their fathers apartment. Are they friends now, just not the same as before?

And then there's tomoe and Mikage's relationship. Have they both accepted each other as more than sisters? In the end the mangaka stated the real theme of the story was "rebuilding family" so should it be taken that in the end, they're now only living as sisters? Like dafuq?

Please if someone could help answer these questions or clarify, I'd be immensely grateful.
AnemawNov 9, 2014 9:58 PM
Nov 10, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Moved
Nov 15, 2014 7:09 AM
Dec 2008
I read Vol.2 in Japanese, so I'm not sure whether I understand the comic correctly. I think what Kujou did that night was all for one purpose: to make Tomoe remember her forever. So she tore the application form and kissed Tomoe. Actually I don't quite understand why Tomoe didn't hand in the application. Isn't her dream to go to university and leave her family?
Feb 3, 2016 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
As far as my understanding of the story goes, this is what I think:

Because she thought that by doing so the very memory will be forever edged in both her and Tomoe's mind and Tomoe will never be able to forget her.
Yes Kujou genuinly loved her (in her own twisted way? maybe). I am saying this because she said to Natsu-(Tomoe middle school friend) that she was hurt too when tearing the application casue that would hurt Tomoe as hell. Kind of 'you are hurt when your loved one is hurt' thing. But she still did it cause to her the only way to affirm her own feelings was for both of them to get hurt (by doing so-tearing the app), as per Natsu. ch 11.
She may not be crazy but she sure is heartless. ch 10.
What I don't understand is why didn't she take exams of any school? What was her plan Natsu mentioned in ch 11? Why was she still positive?

Nope, in my opinion, No. They are back to being friends and Mikage thinks of her as a precious friend but we don't know about Takayanagi feelings after what happened in ch 8. There is no mention of what happened to her feelings of love for Mikage. Are they still there or not? What is the basis of their friendship now? etc etc.
Also what Mikage came to realize after hurting Takayanagi? The author never put it into words for us to know.

About Mikage and Tomoe relationship; The most I can say is that they are more than sisters but less than lovers if that makes sense. We don't know what are Tomoe feelings and author note is not helping either.

I really think the author should have clarified all these points before concluding the story.
HijaziFeb 3, 2016 8:19 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakana no Miru Yume Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

6 by DazeFire »»
Aug 21, 2022 5:31 PM

Poll: » Sakana no Miru Yume Chapter 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2014

4 by LeeTailor »»
Sep 20, 2017 3:07 AM

Poll: » Sakana no Miru Yume Chapter 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2014

3 by LeeTailor »»
Sep 20, 2017 2:48 AM

Poll: » Sakana no Miru Yume Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

1 by LeeTailor »»
Sep 20, 2017 2:35 AM

Poll: » Sakana no Miru Yume Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

3 by LeeTailor »»
Sep 20, 2017 2:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.