Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Feelings on the Sudden new ending
Nov 9, 2014 12:49 PM
Aug 2012
So after watching episode 19, it seemed like everything was going well.

Then the last 2 minutes happened... Borick is killed and suddenly anime original ending??!!!

Any thoughts?

I blame Champ for this one. Anyone know what chapters they skipped? Been a while and I was thinking of re-reading some of those parts now that they gonna skip it...

(edit) thanks guys, manga chapters that they drop start at 38. check out 37 in case there's a tad more you wanna see, the anime does leave out certain things. In that case just read from the start xD

(edit) Well, episode 20 happened... If they weren't already, all bets are off now. You don't need to be a manga reader to see that this is going south fast. Who knows how bad it'll get with 4 episodes left, manga readers can expect how ep 21 will go but from there on it's completely original. type your thoughts, I think most of us need to vent given how this whole thing is playing out. Dark times are ahead mates
TyrelNov 16, 2014 8:45 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 9, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
This is Tokyo Ghoul all over again...
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 9, 2014 12:51 PM

Apr 2014
Where's the option for "Satisfying" ending?
Nov 9, 2014 12:56 PM

Jul 2011
Protaku94 said:

It falls under meh, i guess
Nov 9, 2014 12:56 PM
Aug 2012
Protaku94 said:

lol hell I'll put it in if people think that
Nov 9, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
PriestSlayer said:

Not really. TG had a great last episode and now we have a season 2 unlike this series which will probably never get a sequel.
Nov 9, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
lately they've been rushing the anime
the battle between Seiryu and Mein take place on an other day than the assassination of Borick. The whole assassination in the anime was rushed too.

Tokyo Ghoul was rushed too to get to the cool part
well not rushed but they left out a lot of things
Nov 9, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
Idle_Observer said:
Protaku94 said:

I voted for "meh" already :/ As someone who hasn't read the manga, I thought it was a perfectly normal ending with decent cliffhanger.
Nov 9, 2014 1:17 PM
Aug 2012
Protaku94 said:
Idle_Observer said:

I voted for "meh" already :/ As someone who hasn't read the manga, I thought it was a perfectly normal ending with decent cliffhanger.

yea sorry didn't really think about non-readers. but hey someone will probably say the chapters they skipped so you can pick it up, if you want, from there. I'll look a bit myself and post it later tonight or so
Nov 9, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
Idle_Observer said:
Protaku94 said:

yea sorry didn't really think about non-readers. but hey someone will probably say the chapters they skipped so you can pick it up, if you want, from there. I'll look a bit myself and post it later tonight or so

read from chapter 38. it starts with mine's flashback when she is lying on the ground during the fight against seryu
chapter 50 features the magic circle thing from the preview of the next episode

chapter 52 has the same name as the next episode
xSanoxNov 9, 2014 1:32 PM
Nov 9, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
What was wrong with the ending? I don't get it
Nov 9, 2014 1:33 PM
May 2014
Z4k said:
PriestSlayer said:

Not really. TG had a great last episode and now we have a season 2 unlike this series which will probably never get a sequel.

The anime was garbage till the end, the Manga is great though. Can't say the same about AgK for both cases: The anime AND manga suck.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Nov 9, 2014 1:33 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The question of whether they were going for an anime original has been answered. I'm not surprised. The manga is still ongoing and the sales are not exactly guarantee for a sequel as far as I can tell.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 9, 2014 1:38 PM
Sep 2014
so looks like the next episode will catch up to the Manga where it's translated...

Certainly a nice mix of 10 chapters lol
Nov 9, 2014 1:39 PM
May 2013
Marzan said:
The question of whether they were going for an anime original has been answered. I'm not surprised. The manga is still ongoing and the sales are not exactly guarantee for a sequel as far as I can tell.

Low budget anime, rushing, etc. The fact that Akame bust size was increased shows how desperate White Fox was for more sales and attention.

It's pathetic.

Now they're skipping several chapters and going for an original ending.....(sigh).
Nov 9, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2014
Or they are gonna pull a Yugioh and relaunch a new anime later on.

Yugion on its first anime it was on the same spot as akame ga kill(low budget animation, coloring was awful like Kaiba green hair, penalty games being censored like hell), then they relaunched Yugioh Duel Monsters and it became huge.

Nov 9, 2014 1:42 PM

Feb 2014
This is like what happened with FMA and Soul Eater.

Oh well. Hopefully the ending will still turn out good, it just won't be manga level of good.

White Fox was being so faithful too. Whatever, I still think they did a good job considering that they were like 95% faithful for 19 episodes.

I wouldn't say they ruined it, it's just that the anime won't be as awesome as it could have been.

And I was thinking that a sequel was going to happen too.... God damn....
Nov 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2014
Idle_Observer said:
So after watching episode 19, it seemed like everything was going well.

Then the last 2 minutes happened... Borick is killed and suddenly anime original ending??!!!

Any thoughts?

I blame Champ for this one. Anyone know what chapters they skipped? Been a while and I was thinking of re-reading some of those parts now that they gonna skip it...

They skipped from chapter 37 to 51 I think, not sure tho..
Those stars look like they're close to each other, but they're actually very far away, aren't they? It's like Kitamura-kun and I. The things you see aren't always real. How hard must I try in order to understand the unseen truth? ~ Aisaka Taiga

Nov 9, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2012
kikohunter said:
Z4k said:

The anime was garbage till the end, the Manga is great though. Can't say the same about AgK for both cases: The anime AND manga suck.

i cant believe its esdeath fags who said this O_O
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 9, 2014 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
kikohunter said:

Sorry, but 'Esdeath' and 'Fags' don't belong in the same sentence together
FragOutFire said:

Nov 9, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2009
PriestSlayer said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Sorry, but 'Esdeath' and 'Fags' don't belong in the same sentence together

Except they do.
Nov 9, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:

Oh well. Hopefully the ending will still turn out good, it just won't be manga level of good.

White Fox was being so faithful too. Whatever, I still think they did a good job considering that they were like 95% faithful for 19 episodes.

I wouldn't say they ruined it, it's just that the anime won't be as awesome as it could have been.

They probably saw the sales in Japan and said, nope this series aint getting a season 2, anime original route here we come.

Or maybe the manga will be ending soon, and the mangaka told them to do it this way.

Or it could be that there is a lot of disturbing stuff in those 10 chapters that would not be appropriate on tv, it could be anything.
Nov 9, 2014 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
keragamming said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

They probably saw the sales in Japan and said, nope this series aint getting a season 2, anime original route here we come.

Or maybe the manga will be ending soon, and the mangaka told them to do it this way.

Or it could be that there is a lot of disturbing stuff in those 10 chapters that would not be appropriate on tv, it could be anything.

no character spoiler but regarding whether there is disturbing stuff or not
xSanoxNov 9, 2014 2:32 PM
Nov 9, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2011
stop crying because they stopped adaptating this panel to panel. Besides, you must be delusional if you think this anime is going to ever get a sequel.
Nov 9, 2014 3:17 PM

Dec 2013
Valaskjalf said:
stop crying because they stopped adaptating this panel to panel. Besides, you must be delusional if you think this anime is going to ever get a sequel.
Adaptating panel to panel =/= Skipping +10 chapters
FragOutFire said:

Nov 9, 2014 4:46 PM

Jan 2014
Why's there no entirely positive choice in the poll? Like 'awesome'?

Seriously, this would have NEVER gotten a second season, so I'll take an original ending for a show like this any day.

Hopefully everyone but Tatsumi and Mine die in a huge bloody massacre and those two will live happily ever after in a castle build from rainbows. Would like to see the shitstorm.
Nov 9, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2014
BeatzMe said:
Why's there no entirely positive choice in the poll? Like 'awesome'?

Seriously, this would have NEVER gotten a second season, so I'll take an original ending for a show like this any day.

Hopefully everyone but Tatsumi and Mine die in a huge bloody massacre and those two will live happily ever after in a castle build from rainbows. Would like to see the shitstorm.

I hope it takes a French Revolution route... this depraved setting can't allow such a cliche happy go lucky ending.

I.E everyone dies... or everyone becomes corrupt themselves and so the cycle begins a new.
D3pthChargeNov 9, 2014 5:14 PM
Nov 10, 2014 5:56 AM

Jan 2010
you know this is good, suzano is alive, and next episode will be chapter 50-52, bulock will die but suzano is still alive
Nov 10, 2014 6:47 AM
May 2014
Z4k said:
PriestSlayer said:

So a shit adaptation like TG gets a sequel right away while a good faithful adaptation commits suicide by going OAE for the final 4 episodes? Everything is just so wrong :(
Nov 10, 2014 7:16 AM

Feb 2013
bladeangel said:
Z4k said:

So a shit adaptation like TG gets a sequel right away while a good faithful adaptation commits suicide by going OAE for the final 4 episodes? Everything is just so wrong :(

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-11/tokyo-ghoul-2nd-anime-season-video-teases-new-story-by-creator/.79825

The author of the manga wrote the 2nd season of TG so y'all can stop crying
Nov 10, 2014 7:19 AM

Jan 2013
No spoiler warning in the title.

Also Akame ga Kill has been mediocre gore filler since the beginning. Why is anyone surprised that they are getting out while they are ahead?
Nov 10, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2014
Akame ga kill is like game of thrones in the way people just die because the writer is all for shock value in this series haha
Nov 10, 2014 7:28 AM

Jan 2013
Wardo said:
Akame ga kill is like game of thrones in the way people just die because the writer is all for shock value in this series haha

This is like comparing Kia to Porsche.
Nov 10, 2014 7:29 AM

Mar 2014
SolvitePriest said:
Wardo said:

your not wrong but what im saying is all the writer does in this show is just kill people off left right and centre, kinda like what game of thrones does exept they do it 100x better haha
Nov 10, 2014 8:38 AM

Jun 2014
Calm down everyone. According to the preview, Lubbock is being captured alone. Meaning that tatsumi and the rest will be fighting Esdeath, like In the Manga. They just re arranged some events, big fucking deal.
Nov 10, 2014 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
bladeangel said:
Z4k said:

TG was better than this crap with Toei level animation and art.

SolvitePriest said:
Wardo said:

More like comparing shit with chocolate.
Nov 10, 2014 9:03 AM

Jun 2014
I don't know why you guys are calling this series shit... I think it's a very well done Shonen... Only because they are no longer following the Manga you guys are calling it shit...
Nov 10, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
Dkmariolink said:
I don't know why you guys are calling this series shit... I think it's a very well done Shonen... Only because they are no longer following the Manga you guys are calling it shit...

This show is over hyped so people are being hard on it.

You cant say "this show is average but thats ok" unless you are willing to have the rating dropped to the 7.2 it deserves.
Nov 10, 2014 9:08 AM

Jun 2014
SolvitePriest said:
Dkmariolink said:

You cant say "this show is average but thats ok" unless you are willing to have the rating dropped to the 7.2 it deserves.

Can't we have personal anime preferences? ... This anime was a 9, might drop it to an 8 depending on how it goes from here on.
Nov 10, 2014 10:56 AM

Oct 2014

Can't we have personal anime preferences? ... This anime was a 9, might drop it to an 8 depending on how it goes from here on.

Sure... but clearly this series was overhyped as hell... decent watch though I was fairly entertained... battle shounen about nothing but battles and little overtone substance. Much better than other shows trying to be smart but failing so spectacularly.
Nov 10, 2014 12:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
kikohunter said:

Kiko has been M.I.A for a while now and does not speak for us all

Personally I think that both are good (The manga has dropped in quality but it's not bad imo)

I'm going to hold off on my opinion on this new change of events because them axing Wild Hunt is a GREAT thing so in all, so far so good
TokoyaNov 10, 2014 12:44 PM
Nov 10, 2014 4:02 PM
Apr 2013
You know, considering the mediocre sales of the manga and the increasing amount of one cour series in anime lately, it pretty much a miracle this series even got two cours. I don't know why people can't at least be happy about that.
Nov 10, 2014 5:03 PM

Nov 2013
For everyone who seems to be upset over the changes, let me re-post a comment found in another forum.

"You know, for a two-cour series (24/26 episodes) I’m glad they decided to go original route this at this point in the game compared to what other series have done which is coming up with something new in the last 2-3 episodes that practically destroys the whole thing (remember Claymore? Yumekui Merry?). This gives AgK anime-team a little bit more time to properly construct their own ending to a still-on-going manga. This is even better if the original author (Takahiro) is helping the anime-team to make an alternate ending to this version of AgK. Some series have managed to pull this off with some degrees of success like the anime version of Zetsuen no Tempest, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, or heck even the first Fullmetal Alchemist + Shambala movie (though hated by some fans, still produced a solid storytelling that doesn’t end with a whimper or twist that came out of nowhere. Plenty of those hate is derived purely from the anime being different from the manga anyway).

So, for this original route of AgK anime, I’d say we should see how it goes first and shouldn’t hastily go Hammer Down Pentagon-style on this anime (yet) just because of route changes. And who knows, we might still gonna get the fights that we wanted to see, only in different setting. But hey, if nothing else, this original route will at least provide us with the thrill and excitement of guessing who will die just like when we first read the manga "

^pretty much how I feel, the anime has not ended yet so we should not judge it too quickly
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Nov 10, 2014 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
some people are just crazy .

this show is not THAT bad.

its been pretty awesome so far..

game of thrones on the other hand... i always fall asleep before i can make it through one ep...

then i watched a random ep on tv one day and remember a bunch of homo fag shit going down and was like never again.. (not like bulat joking around gay jokes like str8 up butt sex scene gay)

As a manga reader , I am enjoying this anime alot, its one of my favs. I am somewhat disappointed they didnt leave open for season 2 but oh well, if they couldnt this is better!

I still hold out hope it will be awesome! this is why i usually never read manga before i watch an anime so i dont bitch like all you butthurt fags. (all tho i prolly wouldnt anyway im more chill than that)
Nov 10, 2014 7:36 PM
May 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
kikohunter said:

I never ended up changing my pic but I'm no Esdeathfag
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Nov 11, 2014 1:48 AM
Jun 2014
RIP with Seryu.. why is awake with coro again.. :'(
Roseanne Maceda
Nov 11, 2014 2:02 AM

Apr 2014
GarudaAiacos said:
i dont bitch like all you butthurt fags.

lol so salty just because people are disliking the show.
Nov 11, 2014 2:45 AM

Aug 2008
Z4k said:
PriestSlayer said:

Tokyo Ghoul last episode is terrible. The one before the last episode,where war happen with the end we got one eyed ghoul is so much better.

Still,I prefer Akame over Tokyo Ghoul. Akame is catching up to the manga anyway so sequel won't happen anytime soon unlike Tokyo Ghoul which it's manga already end.

SolvitePriest said:
Dkmariolink said:

I didn't know at all this show is overhyped. Score 8.26 is ok. It still a good battle shounen. As a battle shounen,I judge Akame by comparing it to other battle shounen.

This is how I currently rank Akame among all other battle shounen I watch. One Piece> Hunter X Hunter > Magi > Jojo Battle Tendency > Akame ga Kill > Nurarihyon no Mago> Stardust Crusader > Naruto > Fairy Tail > HSDK > Keikashi > Bleach

Any other battle shounen I miss out?
ZapredonNov 11, 2014 6:21 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 11, 2014 2:58 AM

Sep 2013
Z4k said:
GarudaAiacos said:
i dont bitch like all you butthurt fags.

nah because he can't accept others opinion
Nov 11, 2014 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
PornSymphony said:
Z4k said:

nah because he can't accept others opinion

i really dont care if other people dont like it, doesnt change my opinion on the show i still love it..

i just dont think anyone can really judge if the ending is going to be good OR bad yet until those last 5 episodes air. the manga and the anime could both be good in their own rights like death note.

and i dont see why anyone would think this show is overhyped, to me the animation seems great, love the story/characters, and it has awesome music. if its not your thing and you dont like it thats cool but doesnt mean its overhyped, isnt it pretty high up in the mal list? that means most people thnk its pretty good..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.