Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2014 11:02 AM

Oct 2010
Well, no turkeys were shredded to pieces in the making of this episode. Lol this was a wild ride 8bit gave us. For a second there, I thought Yumiko got blown into pieces. Too bad all that flashback was rushed once again, and of course no turkey scene.
Nov 9, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
Sweanime said:
Oh god. Yes Yumikos route is bad as hell..But what was this? Not even yumiko deserves this piss episode :O

How can you make one of the best VN turn into this shit? Even Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai and ushinawareta mirai wo motomete make better adaptions. :P

Amane will get 3-4 episodes i think.

Good thing I read the novel first.

I dont think Amane will get 4 episodes. That would be good, and we all know, this anime doesnt care about bein' good.

I expect Meikyuu and Rakuen Stuff in episode 12-13 or obligatory beach episode as teh last one instead of an OVA.
Nov 9, 2014 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
Sweanime said:
Not even yumiko deserves this piss episode :O

How can you make one of the best VN turn into this shit? Even Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai and ushinawareta mirai wo motomete make better adaptions. :P
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai anime > Grisaia anime...they show much more character development for ALL of the characters while Grisaia is too busy butchering stuff and adding extra panty shots for more depth of story...
Nov 9, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
The pacing still wasn't perfect, but I thought that was a lot better on that regard this time than the previous couple of episodes.

In general though, and as an anime-only watcher, this has been the best (and most insane) episode yet. That was just one mad moment to the next.

Surprised Yumiko only got one episode though, seeing as she seemed rather important early on and is heavily emphasised in the OP compared to the others. I'm guessing they're saving more episodes for Amane's route and that "Angelic Howl" thing I keep on seeing get mentioned here.
Nov 9, 2014 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
I have seen a lot of posts on several forums which confirms that the next episodes will be:

>Ep 1 - Prologue
>Ep 2 - Prologue
>Ep 3 - Common route
>Ep 4 - Michiru route
>Ep 5 - Michiru END
>Ep 6 - Yumiko END
>Ep 7 - Sachi END
>Ep 8 - Makina route
>Ep 9 - Makina END

Also they added this image, I don´t know Japanese so I can only put the link

http://i.imgur.com/VcK2bsb.jpg

Sachi with only one episode, wtf
Nov 9, 2014 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
The way her ending song played during that retarded scene made it feel like they were mocking the fans! I couldn't help laughing.
Nov 9, 2014 11:23 AM

Jan 2012
LonelyWizard said:
Sweanime said:
Not even yumiko deserves this piss episode :O

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai anime > Grisaia anime...they show much more character development for ALL of the characters while Grisaia is too busy butchering stuff and adding extra panty shots for more depth of story...

Dont forget teh showin' random stuff (of teh vn(well not in this case)) part just for shock value without explainin' anythin'. Thats really teh worst part.
sanleiNov 9, 2014 11:26 AM
Nov 9, 2014 11:26 AM

Nov 2013
Well, that's a 4/10 overall from me now. At least I'll definitely be picking up the VN though, this is barmy. Are they purposely making it bad so we visit the source material?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 9, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
Vexper said:
Well, that's a 4/10 overall from me now. At least I'll definitely be picking up the VN though, this is barmy. Are they purposely making it bad so we visit the source material?

No, they're just rushing through the good game in the series so they can get to the otaku wish fulfillment garbage games that followed it as soon as possible.
Nov 9, 2014 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
Anime only watcher..compared to the last episode this didn't feel rushed to me. It was more like a one episode story done fairly well.
My biggest criticism of the Michiruku episodes is I wouldn't have dragged out episode 4 and then rushed episode 5 . Probably..maybe had her being put in the coffin as the end of episode 4 rather than the cat dying. I was filled in on how much of the backstory they missed.
But this felt better presented ..maybe because we had already been introduced to the knife wielding in the common route episodes.
Also I like how the whole group was present it tied the charcters in better which this show has been lacking.
Nov 9, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2007

My reaction.
Nov 9, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
Now I'm really worried about Angelic Howl. Please God, don't let them fuck that up, too.
Nov 9, 2014 11:42 AM

Mar 2014
Too funny, it's not like Yumiko's route was any good to begin with but this was too good.
Would have been better off with no Yumiko route all together though, more episodes for Amane I imagine, which is always a good thing.
Nov 9, 2014 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
Best episode yet !!!! For a minute there, I actually thought she died, I was like WTF IS GOING ON HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE, but then it was all staged, so thank god for that.
Nov 9, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
marian11 said:
Now I'm really worried about Angelic Howl. Please God, don't let them fuck that up, too.

Remember the end of episode 3? Amane feeding Yuuji. Good. Now cut episodes 4-9 straight out of the anime, forget they even existed, and it looks like this:

1-3 + 10-13 = Much of common route and the only route they're probably going to not completely destroy, Amane.

Not that I plan to watch it, I already had deja vû once when I read it in the VN as it's a re-tread of a famous movie in the first place.
Nov 9, 2014 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
DeadIEnd said:

My reaction.
^That video is better than the actual episode...Lets see how magnificently they will screw up the Angelic Howl...

And be prepared for the revelation in the next episodes that
Nov 9, 2014 11:51 AM
Oct 2014
I was an anime-only viewer until Steins;Gate came along. And I still prefer watching anime adaptations prior to viewing the source material. Honestly, I enjoyed Grisaia a lot and since episode 3 decided to pick up the VN as well. I think many of you guys are being really harsh on anime adaptations lol.

For me it's usually this reaction: Yay! I get to see my favourite characters being animated with some of my favourite scenes!

If it was disappointing, I just pass it off with: Aw, I guess you can't expect everything to turn out good all the time.

Just, why so serious? It's anime, a form of entertainment. If you are not entertained, just drop it and move on. It kinda sucks when you are one of those who finds it alright just to have others calling it butchered. :(
Nov 9, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
Well looks like Yumiko has just been erase and given a new identity, nice one. Now how the fuck does that maid girl knew the specs about the hand gun that Yumiko is carrying?
yeo
Nov 9, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2012
Red_Tuesday said:
marian11 said:

Remember the end of episode 3? Amane feeding Yuuji. Good. Now cut episodes 4-9 straight out of the anime, forget they even existed, and it looks like this:

1-3 + 10-13 = Much of common route and the only route they're probably going to not completely destroy, Amane.

Not that I plan to watch it, I already had deja vû once when I read it in the VN as it's a re-tread of a famous movie in the first place.

We still dont know that yet. Keep yar expectations low lol.
All we know is: We are gettin' an obligatory Beach episode(could be OVA though) and that they dont mind showin' Meikyuu & Rakuen stuff.

We are likely not gettin' 4 episodes for Angel Howl, but yeah it would be good if we did.
Nov 9, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Zealecia said:
I was an anime-only viewer until Steins;Gate came along. And I still prefer watching anime adaptations prior to viewing the source material. Honestly, I enjoyed Grisaia a lot and since episode 3 decided to pick up the VN as well. I think many of you guys are being really harsh on anime adaptations lol.

Not really, if you look at my list, I watched Air after playing it, widely known as a bad adaptation, and still gave it an 8.

But this... This atrocity shouldn't exist.
Nov 9, 2014 12:00 PM

Jun 2014
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?!
What?!
Well that felt super rushed and confusing as hell!
Its obvious that the VN readers were NOT pleased with this...
Oh well, it was intense either way.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 9, 2014 12:01 PM

Feb 2014
Zealecia said:

For me it's usually this reaction: Yay! I get to see my favourite characters being animated with some of my favourite scenes!

If it was disappointing, I just pass it off with: Aw, I guess you can't expect everything to turn out good all the time.

Just, why so serious? It's anime, a form of entertainment. If you are not entertained, just drop it and move on. It kinda sucks when you are one of those who finds it alright just to have others calling it butchered. :(

My problem with a bad adaptation is that people who watch it will end up being spoiled on the events of the source material. This means that if they do end up picking up the source material it would lack the same impact that they would get if they played it blind.

If it's disappointing I won't just say it's not good and pass it off. I'd much rather share a much more in depth opinion on it. If I found it bad I have the same right to voice it as the people who say it is good.

And no even if I don't like it I won't drop it. I'm just interested in how bad they fuck up the rest.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Nov 9, 2014 12:03 PM

Jan 2012
Zealecia said:

Dont compare this worst case scenario with good stuff like Steins;Gate/Clannad AS/WA2/ F/SN/Z.
Nov 9, 2014 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode
Nov 9, 2014 12:22 PM
Aug 2014
LOLOL Dayumm pulling out a grenade...
Nov 9, 2014 12:24 PM
Mar 2013
So i've read here that this was an original route. What happens on the VN? I want to know why everybody is so mad.

Either way, decent episode.
Nov 9, 2014 12:26 PM
May 2013
Being a VN reader I am saddened they rush it so much. If it was 24 episodes and the pace was slowed down I would like the adaption alot better.

Yeah I got frustrated at parts but, I remember why I'm watching this. I'm watching this because this is Grisaia no Kajitsu and I realy love Grisaia no Kajitsu. Whether rushed or not its still the same story I know and love.
Nov 9, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
ItsRuneLink said:
Whether rushed or not its still the same story I know and love.
Is it?
Nov 9, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
This episode is unintentionally hilarious as it gets. it's so full of shit. damn i had a good laugh.
Nov 9, 2014 12:29 PM

Nov 2009
THEY CRAMMPED YUMIKO'S ROUTE IN ONE EPISODE...
I cannot believe it....................
Nov 9, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2007
The only good thing I can say was that there was no panty shots. Otherwise I am super sad right now. Yumiko didn't have the best route but it had a lot of feels for me. Why do so many VN I love (Majikoi, Umineko, Tsukihime) get shafted so hard by these 3rd rate studios... I'm gonna finish because I need Angelic howl, but I'm expecting to be sad next episode too.

I want to cry now ;A;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
I haven't even played the VN yet, and I can already tell how extremely rushed this is...
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 9, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. Dat pacing. I didn't think it was possible to adapt an entire arc into one episode but I guess that's one way to do it. I saw through the whole fake body thing but it was an interesting interpretation none the less. I'm not even going to touch the whole VN comparisons for this one but I will say that this was the strongest episode so far.
dankzelNov 9, 2014 9:34 PM
Nov 9, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2012
If I was a non-VN reader, I would say that it was a way too rushed chapter. Decent, but trying to put too much stuff without enough buildup. Unfortunately, I'm not and honestly, I don't even know what they're trying to do anymore.

Looking at the bright side, at least they got rid of that horrible route right away so they can leave more episodes for Angelic Howl, so is not all that bad.
Nov 9, 2014 12:47 PM
May 2013
I just had a brainstorm idea.

They are rushing the routes on purpose so that way they can add in more common route stuff at the end to give it a closing.

With 7 episodes left, they will rush the last 3 routes into about 5 episodes and leave the last 2 for common route. 1 of them will probably be the beach scene cause every anime has a pool and or beach scene. The other will just be their daily life and everyone is happy. Yuuji will then say he had enough then he will do his thing that start Meikyuu.
Nov 9, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, that was a fast-paced arc if you can call it that. And goddammit, I actually believed that Yumiko blew herself up. goddammit, I was about to rage.

And I dunno how I feel about the father. It's obvious that he kinda sorta cared at the end, but what about before the standoff? He seemed like a dick lol.

Well, whatever. Best girl is still live, and that's all that matters~
Nov 9, 2014 12:50 PM

Feb 2012
God damn this ep was funny. Glad Yumiko and her shitty route got analy decimated this ep. 8Bit is awesome. 10/10 would watch again.
Nov 9, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
ItsRuneLink said:
I just had a brainstorm idea.

They are rushing the routes on purpose so that way they can add in more common route stuff at the end to give it a closing.

With 7 episodes left, they will rush the last 3 routes into about 5 episodes and leave the last 2 for common route. 1 of them will probably be the beach scene cause every anime has a pool and or beach scene. The other will just be their daily life and everyone is happy. Yuuji will then say he had enough then he will do his thing that start Meikyuu.

Thats y i keep tellin' all teh time: Dont expect 4 episodes for Amane as long as it isnt confirmed, we all know that would be too good to be tru. Though im expectin' moar Meikyuu & Rakuen stuff to sell teh vns.
Nov 9, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
talk about rushed.

edit: and I was looking forward to this senjougahara route
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 9, 2014 12:56 PM

Apr 2010
Pretty intense episode.
But it all went a bit fast well i hope we get more Sakaki next week but i guess this was it, honestly it felt rushed.
And i feel things are unexplained.
I would have loved to see more of her.

Well the only arc that i am not looking forward to is Sachi, i have absolutely no interest in her at all (no offence to her fans).
I don't like her personality at all and it's like she is just there for the comedy.
Nov 9, 2014 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
That was a great way for Yuuji defended Yumiko.
Nov 9, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2008
So I've been reading the VN along with the anime and I just finished the Sakaki route today, only to end up watching this right after. I can't say the arc in the VN was particularly strong, but the anime version was hilarious.

Anyway, have fun attending the school owned by your father after faking your death Yumiko. I'm sure that will work out great...
Nov 9, 2014 12:58 PM

Oct 2012
I knew that they couldn't do Yumiko's route properly but I would at least expect more than a summarized background story to be put into the anime (I really wanted the turkey scene, that would have been intense and hilarious)

Since the titles for the EPs up until 9 were released, they're back loading the anime with Angelic Howl. I'm really hoping if they do anything right besides common route, it would be that. I have a feeling that Sachi's route's going to end up like Yumiko's.

Then Makina's will probably be on par with Chiruchiru's (which I didn't mind as much imo).

Now, if only they add the beach scene and other hilarious dialogue skits...
Nov 9, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty rushed.

Besides that I don't understand the mass hate, is there anything they did totally wrong compared to the VN?

I didnt play that.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Nov 9, 2014 12:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
how and why and what in the fuck did they 8bit do with Yumiko's route?? I'm speechless
Nov 9, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
how and why and what in the fuck did they 8bit do with Yumiko's route?? I'm speechless

The people involved in this are obviously professional butchers and Grisaia was another piece of juicy meat for them to chop up.
Nov 9, 2014 1:03 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Orsonius said:
Pretty rushed.

Besides that I don't understand the mass hate, is there anything they did totally wrong compared to the VN?

I didnt play that.
the anime took the first 10% of the story, and the last 10% of the story

everything in-between was cut out completely, hell the entire main arc of her route was plain non-existent

also they changed those last 10%... drastically... like to a hilarious degree
this was not even worth calling an adaptation, this was pure fanfiction lol
Nov 9, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
They probably saving eps to give more for Amane and, maybe, Makina.

Was thinking the same.

Don't even know how to react to this..
Nov 9, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
how and why and what in the fuck did they 8bit do with Yumiko's route??
Magic,unicorns and flying potatoes...

HaXXspetten said:

this was not even worth calling an adaptation, this was pure fanfiction lol
Nov 9, 2014 1:10 PM

Jan 2012
Aversa said:
I don't like her personality at all and it's like she is just there for the comedy.

Its teh pure opposit. I didnt like her in teh beginnin' of teh vn either, but her route is really great and next episode will butcher her to death. Probably even worse than this episodes magical unicorns and randomly suicidin' girls combined.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

amasj1414 - Dec 21, 2014

273 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 10, 2023 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.