Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2009 8:07 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Kaho..

Nice!!

Nov 27, 2009 9:21 PM
May 2009
firstly I hope they make a sequel because I really want to know what happens next?

They leave us with such a cliff hanger at the end.
Why did Ligene kiss Koutarou and why was she crying?
Is everything will perfect now or did something change since he changed the future?

When Koutarou asked to see his future, Ligene seemed to not want to show him and he eventually changes his mind. This brings me to a theory...

In the originally future where Kohu dies, I think Koutarou starts to date Ligene (when he meets her at the end of the episode...remember Kohu normally isn't suppose to be alive) and that's why Ligene kissed him and was crying. Now that Kohu is alive it has changed the future of Ligene because now she doesn't fall in love with Koutarou and the two never meet (since she doesn't have to go back in time to save Kohu) which is why Koutarou doesn't remember Ligene when they bump into eachother.

At first it seemed to be a pretty happy ending, but was it really? One girl's future was saved while another's was crushed.

My second theory is that the reason Ligene kissed him and was crying is because again her and Koutarou fall in love after they meet (hence the kiss) but something is different...Kohu is still alive now. This is were Ligene's tears come into play because she knows that she's going to steal Koutarou from Kohu in the future and break her heart.

I might be just thinking too much here but everything seems to make sense and I really want a second season or a new manga to continue the story to see if I am right.
Jan 6, 2010 10:34 AM

Aug 2009
I didn't recognized my beloved seiyuu, Inoue Kikuko. D-:

Good plan on timing and on management. It's based on stereotypes, but it sounds very fresh. If I watch any anime for a second time...

Bloodx-san, you do worry too much. Here we have got just another manga harem. Nice females likes the main male, and that is all. Or that's my though.

If you are really so questioning, you can play the original Visual Novel. Surely it will gives more answers.
Jan 22, 2010 7:00 PM

Aug 2008
Kira01 said:

Kaho..

Nice!!
That was so cute! At least I thought so anyways.

bloodx said:
firstly I hope they make a sequel because I really want to know what happens next?

Is everything will perfect now or did something change since he changed the future?

When Koutarou asked to see his future, Ligene seemed to not want to show him and he eventually changes his mind. This brings me to a theory...

In the originally future where Kohu dies, I think Koutarou starts to date Ligene (when he meets her at the end of the episode...remember Kohu normally isn't suppose to be alive) and that's why Ligene kissed him and was crying. Now that Kohu is alive it has changed the future of Ligene because now she doesn't fall in love with Koutarou and the two never meet (since she doesn't have to go back in time to save Kohu) which is why Koutarou doesn't remember Ligene when they bump into eachother.

At first it seemed to be a pretty happy ending, but was it really? One girl's future was saved while another's was crushed.

My second theory is that the reason Ligene kissed him and was crying is because again her and Koutarou fall in love after they meet (hence the kiss) but something is different...Kohu is still alive now. This is were Ligene's tears come into play because she knows that she's going to steal Koutarou from Kohu in the future and break her heart.

I might be just thinking too much here but everything seems to make sense and I really want a second season or a new manga to continue the story to see if I am right.
To answer your question, it's like all of the other girls of the harem; she fell in love with the damn man. Anyways it seems to me that you're over-thinking this 2 episode OVA.

Well anyways, I was sort of confused with the ending and how Koutarou doesn't recognize Ligene. Oh well... And also, why did Ligene have to save that specific person, Kohu. It doesn't really make sense since there are about thousands of other people dying on that same day...
ckamJan 22, 2010 7:15 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2010 4:13 AM

Oct 2009
I liked it, this was good.

I just wanted more, like an anime adaptation haha *-*
Jun 27, 2010 4:48 AM
Mar 2008
Blah. Cliche, cheesy, shallow.
4/10.
Jun 28, 2010 2:37 AM

Jul 2008
I still can't get over how retarded that driver was!
D:<
Feb 3, 2011 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
Tl;dr time, is a bitch.
And Ai is the kind of person I despise. It really annoys me that Kaho was saved because of her.
Oh well, it turned out fine in the end, I guess. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 5, 2011 3:55 AM

Mar 2009
It could have been much better..
Aug 18, 2011 2:53 AM

Aug 2008
bloodx said:

1. It's cause Ligene likes Koutarou and she wants to be with him but can't. He's in love with someone else.

2. Ligene doesn't mind showing him it but it's his decision if he wants to see it or not because if it's a bad future, he can't change it and Ligene will think it's her fault that she showed him it.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 15, 2011 12:55 AM

Apr 2011
This was like I thought, kinda rushed (and sometimes corny). I think this might would have been better if it was adapted in a TV version or at least in more ovas.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Apr 28, 2012 9:39 PM

Jun 2008
I felt bad for Ligene in the end :(

Now I really want to play the game and do Ligene and Mana's routes because I liked them the best.
Feb 11, 2013 4:17 PM

May 2012
That was actually quite a nice short story, liked the setting and the time travel concept!7/10
May 7, 2013 11:42 AM
Jan 2013
Ligene's character was so much fun, she was the brightest part of the whole thing.
And Kaho-chan was so hard to like, such a cry-baby/puppet girl.

But the whole story wasn't that bad, still I felt like it wasn't completely harmonious. so for the time being 6/10
Aug 24, 2013 1:08 AM

Jan 2013
There were lots of nice romantic elements, shame it's only 2 30 minute episodes. Probably could have been expanded to a full season nicely. Would have liked more development with Ligene's character, there weren't enough moments between Koutarou and her to warrant that dramatic goodbye scene.

Actually thought it could have gone more like Steins;Gate. With Koutarou desperately trying to save Kaho's life only to find out he can't change the future.

Anyways, 7/10
Dec 14, 2013 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
very cliche
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Jul 6, 2015 1:13 PM

Aug 2013
It was toooooooooooooo short :/
But for me it was good enough. I didn't expect that 2 episode OVA will be that good.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 7, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2012
i went in with low expectations and was still disappointed... nice...
Mar 15, 2017 6:44 PM

Apr 2016
RediceRyan said:
There were lots of nice romantic elements, shame it's only 2 30 minute episodes. Probably could have been expanded to a full season nicely. Would have liked more development with Ligene's character, there weren't enough moments between Koutarou and her to warrant that dramatic goodbye scene.
Yeah, I agree. That's unfortunate.

But it was still good enough nonetheless.
Apr 3, 2021 5:18 PM
Dec 2017
The visual novel brought me here and tbh this anime does justice to it. Lee Jane serves as a good comedy relief and Kaho is a great main heroine. All characters are much better drawn and the anime has more of a lighthearted feel to it.

My complaint though is with Mana's and (especially) Tomo's arc. Both are really good in the game but every substantial bit of each is completely cut off or rushed, and I can see many people scratching their heads at the beginning of ep2.

The ending was slightly changed: in the original, Kaho's dad gets to read Makimura's letter, rescues her daughter and comes to terms with their relationship. Still, I see why the changed it here.
Jul 14, 2022 7:32 PM

Oct 2015
I thought Ai redeemed herself when she decided to put her life on the line by saving Kaho, you should all forgive her. I hope she can date Takeshi, because the guy seems to have some hots for her. Kotarou is so smitten with Kaho, I doubt he'll ever look at another girl especially now he managed to save her.

This wasn't bad at all, I appreciated the characters and the main plot. I hate harem, however this was more than that. It didn't entertain the thoughts of the genre, maybe hence it isn't tagged as one.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuiro no Sunadokei Episode 1 Discussion

Kira01 - Nov 8, 2009

9 by rsc-pl »»
Jul 6, 2015 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.