Sword Art Online: Lost Song Argo (Cait Sith) and Strea (Gnome) visual

Sword Art Online II Drama CD Volumes 1 & 2 covers
-Karoshi-Dec 9, 2014 4:38 PM
Dec 9, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2007
that courage cover depresses me greatly
Dec 9, 2014 4:39 PM
Mar 2012
Off topic about GGO Alternative but can relate to Alicization. Overanalyzing things but: Pitohui -> PoH. Both also have tattoos on their cheeks and dress all black and are SAO survivors. Obviously both are not the same people but I do like the coincidences. Pitohui is also a type of toxic bird so perhaps a relation to Laughing Coffin?

CookingPriest said:

Indeed QQ

EDIT: In the meantime, Progressive volume 3 and GGO Alternative volume 1 took the top 1 and 3 bestselling spot on Amazon Japan.
-Karoshi-Dec 9, 2014 5:31 PM
Dec 9, 2014 6:46 PM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:

^

Looking good, I hope Yen Press licenses Alternative too, so much SAO ; _ ;

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 9, 2014 11:44 PM

Jul 2012
Mother's Rosario was my fav arc before Alicization, and I loved how they adapted it, yeah they missed something compared to the novel, but it was still amazing. I'm really hyped for Alicization, I hope they won't screw up, and I hope there will be a third series
Dec 9, 2014 11:48 PM

Nov 2014
xNihalx said:
Mother's Rosario was my fav arc before Alicization, and I loved how they adapted it, yeah they missed something compared to the novel, but it was still amazing. I'm really hyped for Alicization, I hope they won't screw up, and I hope there will be a third series

Is there any news on the 3rd season yet?And which website should I visit for future updastes?
Dec 10, 2014 12:14 AM
Mar 2012
Low quality Progressive volume 3 illustrations:

Low quality GGO Alternative volume 1 illustrations:

How it relates to this thread... uhh Progressive foreshadows the sophistication of AIs as seen in Kizeml, and we get to see more character development between Kirito and Asuna that will serve as a base for future developments. The sword skills used will also be seen once again in Alicization's Aincrad style. Pitohui in GGO Alternative can be a relation to PoH who plays a role in Alicization. Most importantly, both show the evolution of VR technology. And that will be my reason for future posts lol.

@PrevE
No news of season 3 yet, but it'd be best to follow Reki Kawahara's Twitter, and A-1's site and their various social media outlets. Season 2 was announced at the end of the Extra Edition special and in A-1's official site and Twitter.
-Karoshi-Dec 10, 2014 12:36 AM
Dec 10, 2014 12:38 AM

Jul 2012
@LastChapter

Is progressive worth a shot? I read the 14 novels and I think the start was quite average but with GGO he started to get better
Dec 10, 2014 12:45 AM
Mar 2012
Progressive delves a lot in the development between Kirito and Asuna, I would definitely say its worth it. We also get to see new characters, explore each floor one by one, and Argo makes many appearances.
Dec 10, 2014 5:10 AM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
Progressive delves a lot in the development between Kirito and Asuna, I would definitely say its worth it. We also get to see new characters, explore each floor one by one, and Argo makes many appearances.

BUT it's only available in japanese right now, well, you can find Aria in the Starless Night (2nd episode of the anime) and reason for the whiskers (2nd floor, not animated) and half~ Rondo of the Transient Sword, since it was never completely translated... Yen Press is releasing first volume in April and second in July IIRC... I can say it's worth it too from the bit i read a year ago, there's also a manga~

Btw, it has more illustrations than SAO? I think it has, lol... need to pick this soon since i'm the guy in charge of translating color images to spanish, yayyy~

Dec 10, 2014 7:48 AM
Oct 2014
xNihalx said:
@LastChapter

Is progressive worth a shot? I read the 14 novels and I think the start was quite average but with GGO he started to get better
Isnt the 15th translated yet? Its been such a long time
Dec 10, 2014 8:09 AM

Aug 2014
Jarkzy said:
xNihalx said:
@LastChapter

Isnt the 15th translated yet? Its been such a long time

It has an ongoing translation.
Dec 10, 2014 9:51 AM

Jan 2014
LastChapter said:
Low quality Progressive volume 3 illustrations:

Low quality GGO Alternative volume 1 illustrations:

How it relates to this thread... uhh Progressive foreshadows the sophistication of AIs as seen in Kizeml, and we get to see more character development between Kirito and Asuna that will serve as a base for future developments. The sword skills used will also be seen once again in Alicization's Aincrad style. Pitohui in GGO Alternative can be a relation to PoH who plays a role in Alicization. Most importantly, both show the evolution of VR technology. And that will be my reason for future posts lol.

@PrevE
No news of season 3 yet, but it'd be best to follow Reki Kawahara's Twitter, and A-1's site and their various social media outlets. Season 2 was announced at the end of the Extra Edition special and in A-1's official site and Twitter.

Uh, looks cute ;3
Dec 10, 2014 11:35 AM
Oct 2014
I dont know how they are gonna do to animate Alicization, they would need more than 2 seasons of 24 episodes to cover it, if we suppose that they are gonna keep doing it with a season every more or less 2 years, we could have the ending of SAO anime by 2018/20. By that time the LN will be ended and forgotten lol
Dec 10, 2014 2:17 PM
Mar 2012
Date of Yuuki's
is March 29, 2026

https://twitter.com/kunori/status/542734327188946944

Scans of Progressive volume 3: http://bit.ly/1vFOmGz

New Mother's Rosario visuals:

But most importantly.... WOO ALICE!
Dec 10, 2014 2:44 PM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:

Take that out of my screen lol
Dec 10, 2014 4:28 PM
Mar 2012
Low quality compilation of abec's illustration series:

Waiting for a high quality one soon. Wonder if he will add on to it, perhaps with Ronye and Tieze?
Dec 10, 2014 5:25 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:

She looks really cute with that cat... but... dafuq. why is a cat there?

Dec 10, 2014 5:55 PM
Mar 2012
Reyxe said:
LastChapter said:

There are many cats there, it's a symbolism for something...
Dec 10, 2014 6:55 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
Reyxe said:

There are many cats there, it's a symbolism for something...

LOL, i just noticed the other 2 cats... (not counting Silica's since its supposed to represent Pina i guess)

Dec 10, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
LastChapter said:
Low quality compilation of abec's illustration series:

Waiting for a high quality one soon. Wonder if he will add on to it, perhaps with Ronye and Tieze?

FBI. Future background incoming!
Dec 13, 2014 9:18 PM
Mar 2012
Bought SAO Progressive vol 3 and GGO Alternative vol 1 and both came with a Dengeki Bunko mini booklet with Len of GGO Alt on the cover. Too lazy to scan it so here's a pic of it lol

Dec 13, 2014 9:41 PM
Mar 2012
[u]Yuuki Konno Web Novel Popularity Poll Q&A[/u]
Dec 13, 2014 10:54 PM

Apr 2011
I have no idea what you LN readers are thinking, Mother's Rosario has been pure garbage and by far the worst arc of SAO I've ever seen. If there's more crap like this to look forward to in the 3rd season I hope it never comes about and I won't be watching it in any case. I wish I'd just dropped it after the Excalibur arc, but now that there's only one episode left I might as well fast-forward through it and see if there was anything worth watching. There definitely wasn't in today's episode.
Dec 14, 2014 4:18 AM
Oct 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
I have no idea what you LN readers are thinking, Mother's Rosario has been pure garbage and by far the worst arc of SAO I've ever seen. If there's more crap like this to look forward to in the 3rd season I hope it never comes about and I won't be watching it in any case. I wish I'd just dropped it after the Excalibur arc, but now that there's only one episode left I might as well fast-forward through it and see if there was anything worth watching. There definitely wasn't in today's episode.
The next arc has nothing to do with Mothers Rosario, If I had to compare it with something Id compare it to Aincrad, but its so different anyways, Its like a whole new plot
Dec 14, 2014 4:24 AM

Jul 2007
Blind_Guardian said:

If you want action you might a well drop it.

The next arc might as well be monogatari by amunt of talking and information.

If the depths of VR technology applications and psychology is not for you then oh well.
Dec 14, 2014 5:04 AM
Apr 2014
Jarkzy said:
Blind_Guardian said:
The next arc has nothing to do with Mothers Rosario, If I had to compare it with something Id compare it to Aincrad, but its so different anyways, Its like a whole new plot

It's also veeeeeeeery detailed, of course some of the descriptions in LN are going to be skipped because it could be seen through animation, like grass description, water and so on. It also has a bunch of action.

Dec 14, 2014 5:13 AM
Oct 2014
Reyxe said:
Jarkzy said:

It's also veeeeeeeery detailed, of course some of the descriptions in LN are going to be skipped because it could be seen through animation, like grass description, water and so on. It also has a bunch of action.
Ive always said that Alicization could be a complete new series by itself xD
Dec 14, 2014 5:32 AM

Jul 2007
Reyxe said:
Jarkzy said:

I actually fully expect them to cover those through Kirito's POV because they already talked in SAO2 Ep1 about the realism of VR. It is a nice follow-up.
Dec 14, 2014 7:56 AM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
Reyxe said:

I actually fully expect them to cover those through Kirito's POV because they already talked in SAO2 Ep1 about the realism of VR. It is a nice follow-up.

Yes but A-1.

Dec 14, 2014 11:45 AM
Mar 2012
Blind_Guardian said:

Once you put on those biased lenses, it's hard to take them off.
Dec 14, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
I'm really starting to doubt that we're getting that Alicization cliffhanger. They didn't do the remaining adventures with Yuuki this episode, and with the amount of content left, I don't think we're going to get enough time. Unless there's a really short post-credits scene or something.
Dec 14, 2014 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Blind_Guardian said:

1. We said this arc was good, unless you like SAO only for action. Because if that's what you got after all these arcs, then you really haven't understood SAO.

2. In the LN, there is this thing called monologue that anime has to remove. That's where all your backstory and character development come from. And that's why MR was reasonable (and no it was not an info dump)

3. Judging a LN based on its anime is not a good decision. It's like I judge Kingdom based on its anime.
Dec 14, 2014 1:35 PM
Apr 2014
salmon3669 said:
Blind_Guardian said:

1. We said this arc was good, unless you like SAO only for action. Because if that's what you got after all these arcs, then you really haven't understood SAO.

2. In the LN, there is this thing called monologue that anime has to remove. That's where all your backstory and character development come from. And that's why MR was reasonable (and no it was not an info dump)

3. Judging a LN based on its anime is not a good decision. It's like I judge Kingdom based on its anime.

It's like judging Akame ga Kill manga based on anime... oh wait, i hated them both... still the anime sucked.

Dec 14, 2014 2:07 PM
Mar 2012
AgK is different as White Fox purposely created original content. What A-1 did was take existing material and interpreted and adapted it their own way to give us an adaption coinciding with the original LN, but at the same time portrayed something different.
Dec 14, 2014 3:35 PM
Nov 2013
Does anyone who is keeping up with the LNs know if volume 15 concludes the whole series?
Dec 14, 2014 3:37 PM
Apr 2014
siggyo said:
Does anyone who is keeping up with the LNs know if volume 15 concludes the whole series?

Not even close...

Dec 14, 2014 4:07 PM
Nov 2013
Reyxe said:
siggyo said:

Not even close...

Awesome!
I've been keeping up with the anime, and I just started the light novels last week. I'm enjoying them quite a bit so thats good to hear.
Dec 14, 2014 4:43 PM
Apr 2014
siggyo said:
Reyxe said:

Not even close...

Awesome!
I've been keeping up with the anime, and I just started the light novels last week. I'm enjoying them quite a bit so thats good to hear.

There's still material for... 5 volumes or something, that's just SAO.

SAO Progressive will cover all 76 floors of Aincrad, so its supposed to be 30~ volumes.

Dec 15, 2014 3:03 AM

Aug 2014
Yo, may someone give a link where I could read Progressive? Find nothing.

Oh yeah, was wondering, already finished volume 15 and the web novel. Will the LN follow the web novel?

Thanks!
Syle
Dec 15, 2014 6:38 AM
Apr 2014
Sylee said:
Yo, may someone give a link where I could read Progressive? Find nothing.

Oh yeah, was wondering, already finished volume 15 and the web novel. Will the LN follow the web novel?

Thanks!
Syle

There are some difference between LN and WN.

As for Progressive, you can find half of the first volume, Aria in the Starless Night, Intermission: Reason for the Whiskers and half of Rondo of the Transient Sword, but if you want to read it, you'd have to buy it, Yen Press licensed almost everything SAO related, including Progressive, first volume is released in April or May~

Dec 20, 2014 7:02 AM
Mar 2012
WHELP we didn't get the cliffhanger we wanted DX Wasted on an anime-original picnic
Dec 20, 2014 7:43 AM
Oct 2014
Well so basically here it goes an explanation on why everbody thought that Kirito had a polygamy at the end of the SAO WN:

[spoiler]
Ok so the first thing you have to know is that the translation was made from japanese to chinese and then some chinese translated it to english.

Then, at the end of the WN we can see SK!Kirito (a clone made from Kiritos memories of the time he was stuck on UW with Asuna) calling Asuna by the kanji 王妃. As you know kanjis are used in both japanese and chinese but they doesnt always have the exact same meaning in both of the languages:

- In chinese "王妃" means consort (one of the wives of the king)
- In japanese "王妃" means queen that doesnt rule, meaning that the king is the one ruling as is expected in japanese culture.

The problem is that the translators took it with the chinese meaning (because they are chinese) and then everyone got confused, because the normal way to call a queen in chinese would be "女王" while in japanese "女王" means that the queen is the one that has the power. So no, Kirito didnt have a polygamy, he was just the ruler of UW while Asuna was just his wive.

Hope you undestand it now. Feel free to send this to anyone who is confused as it took a long time to realize this and a lot of people still think that Kirito really had a harem.

PS: We all know that Asuna is smartest so she probably was telling Kirito what to do all the time ¬¬
genetickDec 20, 2014 7:59 AM
Dec 20, 2014 7:47 AM
Mar 2012
Thanks Jarkzy, I actually remember reading that comment about the spelling, didn't know it was a misunderstanding. Also, you may want to delete posts 16 and 17 on the last ep discussion thread since I find that may be too much of a spoiler and they may be out of context since I deleted my spoiler posts lol.
Dec 20, 2014 7:49 AM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:
Thanks Jarkzy, I actually remember reading that comment about the spelling, didn't know it was a misunderstanding. Also, you may want to delete posts 16 and 17 on the last ep discussion thread since I find that may be too much of a spoiler and they may be out of context since I deleted my spoiler posts lol.

Oh ok thanks for telling me xD

And you are welcome
Dec 20, 2014 3:45 PM

Dec 2013
Reyxe said:
siggyo said:

Awesome!

There's still material for... 5 volumes or something, that's just SAO.

SAO Progressive will cover all 76 floors of Aincrad, so its supposed to be 30~ volumes.

Reki said he will only publish like 1 or 2 books a year for progressive so it will probably be never finished.
Dec 20, 2014 4:54 PM

May 2014
I think Sword Art Online III will come out near the end of 2015? or somewhere around 2016?

According to Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online#Plot
There's still one more game left. They probably won't be leaving it out.

According to this. there's a possibilty of Season 3? (btw i didn't read all the posts in this threads so someone might have already posted this)
Dec 20, 2014 5:05 PM
Apr 2014
Labib said:
I think Sword Art Online III will come out near the end of 2015? or somewhere around 2016?

According to Wikipedia:

According to this. there's a possibilty of Season 3? (btw i didn't read all the posts in this threads so someone might have already posted this)

That's not a game tho...

But yea, i expect SAO3 to 2016 and some OVA, movie or whatever to 2015-

Dec 20, 2014 5:21 PM
Mar 2012
Labib said:

According to Wikipedia:

Even though it is the "last game," that arc itself is longer than all the previous arcs combined, and only now did we reach the halfway point. Season 3 is a definite possibility. We have enough content to release more seasons than Star Wars has movies.

I also cringe at that Wiki article, the writer didn't seem to know what he's talking about.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.