Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (165) « First ... « 163 164 [165]

Dec 25, 2014 1:21 AM

R2 said:
re-watching death note. now that I'm focusing on the art, L is kinda ugly... Still loads better than Light, though.

Btw, the first OP kicks ass.

nooooope

Dec 25, 2014 1:22 AM

Fatma94 said:
furdlemygurdle said:
Watched a couple more episode of Kimi to Boku just now, and I'm liking it a great deal. The friendship between the group of friends feels very strange for some reason, but it's easy to tell they have a pretty strong bond between one another. It's a really nice feelgood anime; something used to relax you after a harsh day.

Really nice to see more people giving this anime a chance. Hope you have fun watching it!

I'm watching it since I got recommended it for secret santa (I kinda hope the person who sent me it doesn't see this yet :P), so I didn't really have much of a choice in the matter, but it's a really good recommendation. Can't wait to finish it!

Dec 25, 2014 1:22 AM

R2 said:
re-watching death note. now that I'm focusing on the art, L is kinda ugly... Still loads better than Light, though.

2nd op is where it's at bruh

Dec 25, 2014 1:25 AM

R2 said:

I like the second OP better, but the first one is still real nice.
It wouldn't really make sense if L was some sexy manbeast considering who he is, but his character design is still good imo.

^ the 2nd ED tops them all imo

VitaminCaim said:
R2 said:

the ningen sucker is enjoyable, but the video in first OP with the music is overall better.
LOVE that scene where the two face each other in a long hallway with the camera running from both direction.

Dec 25, 2014 1:26 AM

VitaminCaim said:
R2 said:

Marry me

Dec 25, 2014 1:29 AM

Death Note's 2nd OP was just a some screamo metal shit. I've noticed I prefer the 1st OP for most anime.

Dec 25, 2014 1:32 AM

furdlemygurdle said:
I'm watching it since I got recommended it for secret santa (I kinda hope the person who sent me it doesn't see this yet :P), so I didn't really have much of a choice in the matter, but it's a really good recommendation. Can't wait to finish it!

I plan on starting my Secret Santa rec after the latest Kiseijuu episode and maybe a Monster episode.

Santa Company was a pretty bad anime from a critical standpoint, but I ended up enjoying it anyway. It was fun. The Japanese influences on the story were kinda interesting too.

Dec 25, 2014 1:35 AM

ReaperCreeper said:
Death Note's 2nd OP was just a some screamo metal shit. I've noticed I prefer the 1st OP for most anime.

I normally agree with you in that the first OP is personally more preferable, but screamo metal shit just seemed to fit with the second season of Death Note considering how much worse it got after *insert obvious spoiler here*.
I'd like to know your opinion on Gokukoku's second OP, because it is very similar to Death Note's second OP in many ways.

Dec 25, 2014 1:40 AM

TripleSRank said:
furdlemygurdle said:

I plan on starting my Secret Santa rec after the latest Kiseijuu episode and maybe a Monster episode.

Santa Company was a pretty bad anime from a critical standpoint, but I ended up enjoying it anyway. It was fun. The Japanese influences on the story were kinda interesting too.

I'm putting Monster on hold for a while until I complete my rec since I can't help but feel I'd judge Kimi to Boku so much worse just because of how much I love Monster already, and it deserves a fair go.

Dec 25, 2014 1:41 AM

furdlemygurdle said:
ReaperCreeper said:

I normally agree with you in that the first OP is personally more preferable, but screamo metal shit just seemed to fit with the second season of Death Note considering how much worse it got after *insert obvious spoiler here*.
I'd like to know your opinion on Gokukoku's second OP, because it is very similar to Death Note's second OP in many ways.
You mean Gokukoku no Brynhildr right? I hated that 2nd OP, the 1st one was really atmosphere setting, too bad the actual show didn't live up to it though.

Dec 25, 2014 1:46 AM

ReaperCreeper said:
furdlemygurdle said:

You mean Gokukoku no Brynhildr right? I hated that 2nd OP, the 1st one was really atmosphere setting, too bad the actual show didn't live up to it though.

I agree with you on the first OP, since I thought the first two or so episodes were actually pretty good, but the show just got so bad after that, so there wasn't really a good atmosphere to compliment the first OP. The second OP just reflected how bad the show got with it's music, but I get why you don't like it.

Dec 25, 2014 2:02 AM

Oh dear Lord, why did you remind of that Gokukoku ex Machina trainwreck...

Dec 25, 2014 2:04 AM

Brynhildr's OP was literally better then the series, but that's what you get when you shove 100+ chapters in a 13 ep anime. And TG fans complain about butchering.

Dec 25, 2014 2:07 AM

Okashi_sama said:
Brynhildr's OP was literally better then the series, but that's what you get when you shove 100+ chapters in a 13 ep anime. And TG fans complain about butchering.

Was the manga good in the first place? What I understood in was some ecchi harem bullshit.

Dec 25, 2014 2:08 AM

i haven't seen brynhildr but i liked its OP song.

Dec 25, 2014 2:10 AM

People actually enjoyed the Brynhildr openings.. SERIOUSLY?

Listen to this crap - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C__joUsxAPw
Not only that, it doesn't fit the visuals at all.

Dec 25, 2014 2:11 AM

Okashi_sama said:

That's where you are wrong. The best thing about that show was when the MC drop kicked the bad guy in the face.

Dec 25, 2014 2:12 AM

robis798 said:
Okashi_sama said:

Was the manga good in the first place? What I understood in was some ecchi harem bullshit.

I read some of it, and it was kinda good i guess. it's still publishing so i dropped it, because i'm not in the mood to catch up on it every week or so. not sure if i'll give it another chance when it's finished.

Dec 25, 2014 2:13 AM

FloatsBoats said:

I really like the song imo, but I can't disagree about the visuals. I lol'd everytime I saw that opening because of that.

robis798 said:
Okashi_sama said:

I thought the manga was pretty good. It had an interesting premise but it was ruined by flat characters. It's really similar to Elfen Lied.

FloatsBoats said:

We're talking about the 1st OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ibWT57GqY
which is pretty damn good.

Dec 25, 2014 2:14 AM

furdlemygurdle said:
Okashi_sama said:

That's where you are wrong. The best thing about that show was when the MC drop kicked the bad guy in the face.

The best part was MC's photographic memory.Also boob galore

Dec 25, 2014 2:15 AM

furdlemygurdle said:
Okashi_sama said:

Ah please. don't talk like it was good in anyway except the OST maybe.

Dec 25, 2014 2:16 AM

hhitagi said:
robis798 said:

I thought the manga was pretty good. It had an interesting premise but it was ruined by flat characters. It's really similar to Elfen Lied.
Yeah, hence my score and status of Elfen Lied...

Dec 25, 2014 2:18 AM

Damn I missed theFMA:B vs HxH.. Meh I'll just say Fullmetal Alchemist is better than HxH.
"Hi!"

Dec 25, 2014 2:22 AM

Z3r-0 said:
Damn I missed theFMA:B vs HxH.. Meh I'll just say Fullmetal Alchemist is better than HxH.

Be glad that you missed it, I sure am.

All it was just some biased opinions presented as facts. Highly toxic. Ugh. We all know both are good, this war which is better is pointless.

Dec 25, 2014 2:23 AM

It's a lot better if you don't take the bait.

Dec 25, 2014 2:25 AM

Okashi_sama said:
It's a lot better if you don't take the bait.

All anime are better if you ignore their ebola giving fanbase. This is very rare as they love to shove their opinion down your throat.
"Hi!"

Dec 25, 2014 2:26 AM

Latest Kiseijuu episode was pretty decent. I hope the plot starts moving more sometime soon. We've had setup for quite awhile now.

I'm off. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays.

Dec 25, 2014 2:29 AM

Now that i'm 100% awake, time to continue The Tatami Galaxy, but damn the MC monologues fast.

Dec 25, 2014 2:32 AM

How bad can this Noragami get ? Writing is a mess, the characters except Yato are annoying brats (especially Yukine) and story is nonexistent so far. At least the production values are good.
Modified by _Dan_, Dec 25, 2014 2:36 AM

I burned up... I burned out... To pure whiteness. - Yabuki Joe

Dec 25, 2014 2:41 AM

Haseo666 said:
How bad can this Noragami get ? Writing is a mess, the characters except Yato are annoying brats (especially Yukine) and story is nonexistent so far. At least the production values are good.

Doode.... f8 m irl.

Dec 25, 2014 2:50 AM

Anyways, Happy Christmas, I even changed my avatar for this occasion. :) I hope Santa Clause can dispel the shit that was in this thread and it can be forgotten. :)

Dec 25, 2014 2:54 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with the 3.33 Blu-Ray? It's been on preorder forever... Also picked up Bebop and Arise on Blu-Ray, anyone else pick up any animu related merchandise this holiday season?
Modified by Shrabster, Dec 25, 2014 3:05 AM

Dec 25, 2014 2:55 AM

robis798 said:
Anyways, Happy Christmas, I even changed my avatar for this occasion. :) I hope Santa Clause can dispel the shit that was in this thread and it can be forgotten. :)

merry kurisumasu :>

Dec 25, 2014 3:05 AM

Haseo666 said:

Its just a perfectly acceptable shounen title,nothing less nothing more.All the anime of the year accolades are just completely overblown and overzealous.Yato alone couldn't save the show by any means.
Also I wouldn't even compliment it visually all that much since they recycled a lot of assets from Zetsuen no Tempest.

Dec 25, 2014 3:07 AM

tr1ckst3r said:
Haseo666 said:

Doode.... f8 m irl.

Not sure what you are trying to tell me here but looking at your rating I guess you don't agree with me which is perfectly fine.

In my opinion it's your typical "cool" teenage shounen show. You have cool looking characters, nice animation and OST with some rap mixed in to make things even more cool. Pacing is horrible and story is inconsistent. There is this absolutely unimportant lightly dressed woman with her personal harem that is there for fanservice only. MC is mysterious guy with dark past that is indecisive and does nothing most of the time and lastly an annoying spoiled tsundere brat. How amazing cast is that. I can't relate to any of them and I don't even care what happens to them. They are not even slightly interesting.

But it's okay if you like it. I belive many people here liked it as well. I understand that this is not my kind of show, I prefer mature anime. Just wanted to share my opinion and see if anyone here agrees with me.

Anyway merry christmas everyone.

amateur said:
Haseo666 said:

Its just a perfectly acceptable shounen title,nothing less nothing more.All the anime of the year accolades are just completely overblown and overzealous.Yato alone couldn't save the show by any means.
Also I wouldn't even compliment it visually all that much since they recycled a lot of assets from Zetsuen no Tempest.

I have not seen many anime from this year so I can't compare it to other series that aired this year.
Yeah, its clear that Bones recycled Tempest quite a lot. But it still does not change the fact that visuals are quite good, even if not "original".
Modified by _Dan_, Dec 25, 2014 3:11 AM

I burned up... I burned out... To pure whiteness. - Yabuki Joe

Dec 25, 2014 3:11 AM

Am I slowly becoming a weaboo? I am turning away and starting to get annoyed with dubbed anime even if there is nothing wrong with it.

Now I can't multitask when watching anime because of it. I am thinking about taking another 6 month break from anime, because I don't want to become a weaboo.

:(
:/

Dec 25, 2014 3:19 AM

Fierce_Deity22 said:
Am I slowly becoming a weaboo? I am turning away and starting to get annoyed with dubbed anime even if there is nothing wrong with it.

Now I can't multitask when watching anime because of it. I am thinking about taking another 6 month break from anime, because I don't want to become a weaboo.

Your fears are baseless. Prefering sub over dub doesn't make you a weeboo. Admiring and loving everything about Japan makes you ( I think ).

Dec 25, 2014 3:19 AM

this is general anime discussion thread right? when you can discuss anything whatever you want without getting rekt by nazimod?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Dec 25, 2014 3:20 AM

ninjastarforcex said:
this is general anime discussion thread right? when you can discuss anything whatever you want without getting rekt by nazimod?

Well it seems.

Dec 25, 2014 3:22 AM

I just realised I always unconsciously spell Bebop as Bepop o.O

Fierce_Deity22 said:

RIP
it's too l8

Dec 25, 2014 3:30 AM

robis798 said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:

Your fears are baseless. Prefering sub over dub doesn't make you a weeboo. Admiring and loving everything about Japan makes you ( I think ).

That's why I asked if I was SLOWLY becoming one. I never thought the day would come when I would start preferring Japanese language over English......Especially after defending Dubs a couple of years with people like Gigguk and Sawyer

Dec 25, 2014 3:31 AM

Fierce_Deity22 said:
That's why I asked if I was SLOWLY becoming one. I never thought the day would come when I would start preferring Japanese language over English......Especially after defending Dubs a couple of years with people like Gigguk and Sawyer

preferring subs over dubs just means you're acquiring good taste

Dec 25, 2014 3:36 AM

hhitagi said:
I just realised I always unconsciously spell Bebop as Bepop o.O

Same, I even say bepop out loud .__.

I prefer subs as well but that won't make me a weaboo. I love some English dubs though

Dec 25, 2014 3:41 AM

do you guys know the ''Owari no Hoshi no Love Song''-album?
don't you think it would be awesome if they did an OVA-Series of the stories?

Dec 25, 2014 3:46 AM
DB Administrator
▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

This thread and "general anime discussion" threads in general have several problems which I'll explain in this post.

The thread didn't start as a discussion thread, but as a simple "just post whatever anime-related thing you can think of" thread. Because of this the thread started as a thread where most replies were simple listing, blog/twitter-like posts, and spam (e.g. image spam) and chatting (e.g. "I have lots of free time now, but I don't feel like watching anime. :(" or "I bought an anime pillow today" and then people replying to this).

Threads shouldn't be used for chatting or blog/twitter posts. The Anime Discussion Rules also disallow threads about things you can easily see on your profiles, which includes twitter-like posts like "I just started watching anime xyz" - you can see this on the history or anime list of every user. If you want to tell people what you did you can also use the blog feature.

Many posts were also about things that have been addressed in separate threads already (e.g. "Should I watch FMA or FMA:B?") or what can be found in other ways (e.g. "Should I watch series xyz?" --> you can read reviews/recs about this anime to find out, often there are also threads about this in the series sub-boards).

Later more problems were added to the thread. Sometimes the thread turned into another over/underrated thread. The original O/U thread was locked by the moderating team because it had many problems as well. Since it was locked because of its problems we will not allow other O/U threads or other threads turning into O/U threads. Then sometimes most of the posts were about battle shounen for which a specific threads already exists here. There have been users that were quite unhappy about this because they wanted to discuss something else and not have this thread turned into a duplicate of another thread. And while these posts brought a bit more discussion, there were still many, many simple listing, twitter and chat posts in the thread.

Threads like this are too general for focused discussion. One person starts talking about an anime, then maybe some people reply to this. But not everyone has seen the anime others are currently talking about, and other people want to talk about other anime. So some users can't participate in this moment while they would actually like to discuss something too. If they actually post about other anime they're basically derailing the current discussion. This will result in having 2-3 discussions about different things at the same time which is very confusing or other people stopping the discussion they just had.

It is also very hard to have a deeper discussion about a series because people always need to be aware of the fact that many people who are reading the thread haven't watched every series - so discussing is harder because you can't post spoilers or must make absolutely sure that they are properly tagged and labeled. This is another big problem though, there are many people who are not aware of the fact that they're spoiling something, so threads like this contain many untagged spoilers.

If you look at these problems in the last two paragraphs you will see that the series sub-boards are a much better place to have discussion about specific anime. Everyone can participate at the time they want to discuss it (and don't have to wait until another discussion is over), you can have more in-depth discussion, the spoiler problem isn't as bad as in a general thread (make sure that the thread title contains a spoiler warning), and you will reach more people who want to discuss this series - while in a general thread most people will not see that you're currently discussing this series.

Threads like this have been created before (for example here) and have been locked because of the problems I mentioned. We are aware that people want to have a general anime discussion thread but with all these problems we don't think this is working, at least not in the way it was done before. We kept this thread open a bit longer because we wanted to see if it might work out, but after going through the thread and finding all the known problems over and over, it doesn't seem to be working. One argument I often read is that the sub-boards are dead. This is not true, many sub-boards are quite active and many users are using the recent posts feature and will see all new threads and posts in all main boards and sub-boards. There are some sub-boards that aren't that active and for these we're discussing how to solve this problem so that more discussion will be possible there (more and better discussion than in a general thread).

If you have a suggestion how to solve this which takes into account all the problems I mentioned in this thread please make a thread about it in the suggestion board. Another suggestion from us would be that if people want a general thread to chat about anime and things related to anime they can use a club for it. There are already quite active clubs where you can discuss anime in general for example How to Watch Anime or Recommendation Club. If they are not good enough someone can also create a new club and we will link it in this thread in the first and last post so that more people will know about it.

Because of all the problems I've mentioned in this thread, this thread will now be locked, as well as new general anime discussion threads.

Thread Locked.
Modified by Luna, Dec 25, 2014 4:02 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (165) « First ... « 163 164 [165]