Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 7, 2014 3:59 AM

May 2013
I'm very sad because I normally like these types of shows but I just can't get into this one for some reason. I could care less about all the characters and that's what this show is supposed to be about I thought, I don't even care for Ginko hes just super boring lol. I watched a couple episodes a couple months ago and it was actually boring then so i put it on hold and now I've come back to it and it's still boring as hell, I don't really like dropping shows but I'm actually considering it for this one. I've watched some mediocre shit but this is just boring as hell, the only time I actually get excited is the first minute of the episode and the last minute due to the songs lol.
Nov 7, 2014 4:13 AM

Jan 2014
Drop it.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 7, 2014 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
Nov 7, 2014 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
Glad to know
Nov 16, 2014 12:27 AM

Oct 2013
I love Mushishi but this reaction is reasonable. I can see how people would find it boring. Honestly, I'm surprised it's not boring.

Pretty much every episode in the series follows the same format and the second half of the season is worse than the first half, so if you're not feeling it now then yeah, just drop it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 16, 2014 12:30 AM
Nov 17, 2014 3:33 AM

Oct 2012
Where can I read more of your blog?
Nov 18, 2014 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
Zadion said:
I love Mushishi but this reaction is reasonable. I can see how people would find it boring. Honestly, I'm surprised it's not boring.

Pretty much every episode in the series follows the same format and the second half of the season is worse than the first half, so if you're not feeling it now then yeah, just drop it.

Yeah, the show is very formulaic, and that tends to ruin it for me. It's not so much that the presentation is even boring for me, it's just the predictable nature of the storytelling.
It's also not that it's even episodic, as I can usually enjoy an episodic show (Hell, Space Dandy was my favorite show of last season), it's just that there's so little variety and almost the same exact thing ends up happening in every episode.
The overall mellow atmosphere and tone provided by the sound design and visuals is ruined by not having a wide variety of stories or characters.
I've found the only way for me to actually enjoy this show is to watch one episode, put it on hold for a couple weeks, and then watch another one after I basically forgot what happened in the last one.
This makes the whole thing a very slow burn, but it definitely makes it more watchable.
::End of Transmission::

May 1, 2015 4:10 AM

Apr 2015
Yeah people have different taste I guess. *trying not to judge people based on their taste trying so hard because it's wrong* phew it's fine.
I'm a sucker for strong female characters.
Jun 1, 2015 4:43 PM

Aug 2012
vigorousjammer said:
Zadion said:

Yeah, the show is very formulaic, and that tends to ruin it for me. It's not so much that the presentation is even boring for me, it's just the predictable nature of the storytelling.
It's also not that it's even episodic, as I can usually enjoy an episodic show (Hell, Space Dandy was my favorite show of last season), it's just that there's so little variety and almost the same exact thing ends up happening in every episode.
The overall mellow atmosphere and tone provided by the sound design and visuals is ruined by not having a wide variety of stories or characters.
I've found the only way for me to actually enjoy this show is to watch one episode, put it on hold for a couple weeks, and then watch another one after I basically forgot what happened in the last one.
This makes the whole thing a very slow burn, but it definitely makes it more watchable.

Amen, I dropped it out of utter boredom.

Sep 23, 2015 6:02 AM

Aug 2008
xpaydayx said:
I'm very sad because I normally like these types of shows but I just can't get into this one for some reason. I could care less about all the characters and that's what this show is supposed to be about I thought, I don't even care for Ginko hes just super boring lol. I watched a couple episodes a couple months ago and it was actually boring then so i put it on hold and now I've come back to it and it's still boring as hell, I don't really like dropping shows but I'm actually considering it for this one. I've watched some mediocre shit but this is just boring as hell, the only time I actually get excited is the first minute of the episode and the last minute due to the songs lol.

Seems like you like Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, and Ghibli, you know what this means, you probably dont feel enough attachment to the characters and mini stories. A lot of ghibli movies have like nothing happening in them for the first 1.5 hours then 999 things happening at the end. So what you can do is try and be patient. If one episode didnt work for you maybe another episode will. It isnt like, i saw one episode i didnt like it. Mushishi is essentially 9999 stories put together. You take them individually. if you like 50% of the 24 episodes then that is good enough to watch.
May 13, 2016 2:42 AM
Apr 2013
And yet you like K-on.

And laughing at the guy saying this is boring. *looks at sig, and sees SAO* lul. Ofc anyone who likes SAO has no taste whatsoever.
May 17, 2016 3:45 PM

Oct 2011
I'm just starting to watch this series myself. I watched the first episode years ago on netflix just to check it out. Then I put it on hold for a really long time as I was going down the top 100 popularity list on MAL. I pretty much watched everything on that list now except mushishi, so here I am.

I'm on episode 13 now, just finished 12. Some of it is interesting, but some of it I can't pay attention to completely and my mind wanders. A lot of time I'll grind away in a video game while I'm watching this, so it helps make the episode go by faster, and I then get the gist of what is going on.
May 17, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2015
Chung2 said:
And yet you like K-on.

And laughing at the guy saying this is boring. *looks at sig, and sees SAO* lul. Ofc anyone who likes SAO has no taste whatsoever.

Funny because that guy has watched twice as much anime as you and has pretty decent favorites in my book.

On the other hand, I see two fujoshit baits in your favorite characters and yet there's no need to make a fuss about it.

By the way, if you bothered to look at his list you would've find out he just gave a 7 to SAO and didn't care for the rest of the series. You basically looked down on someone without actually knowing shit about him, spectacular.
May 17, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2015
looking at your favorite sol,i think main reason because you need attachement to character to enjoy it.. the problem is character is not the main point of mushishi...

EDIT: why would i bothering answering 2 years old thread?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 17, 2016 4:57 PM

Oct 2015
Why was this blog post not locked?

There's no discussion to be had here, it's just OP saying that he didn't like the show.
May 17, 2016 5:10 PM

Jan 2015
How dare you insult my husbando
May 17, 2016 5:17 PM

Mar 2015
Pyro said:
How dare you insult my husbando
do you fap to it? honest answer
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 17, 2016 11:06 PM
Apr 2013
KingRequiem said:
Chung2 said:
And yet you like K-on.

Funny because that guy has watched twice as much anime as you and has pretty decent favorites in my book.

On the other hand, I see two fujoshit baits in your favorite characters and yet there's no need to make a fuss about it.

By the way, if you bothered to look at his list you would've find out he just gave a 7 to SAO and didn't care for the rest of the series. You basically looked down on someone without actually knowing shit about him, spectacular.
Lul the irony in that last line. You should take your own advice. I don't even bother to update my list, because it's a redundant act.
C2FlashMay 17, 2016 11:09 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 2, 2008

157 by hinasuns »»
Mar 21, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

93 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 16, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

174 by Dragona_8002 »»
Mar 13, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zippy - Feb 4, 2008

132 by GeneraalKV2 »»
Mar 13, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

131 by Dragona_8002 »»
Mar 8, 12:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.