Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Nov 9, 2014 1:02 AM

Hey guys I know it's not episode related but just curious that what happened to that Impact Absorber that was taken out of the drone.I know it's only been 5 episodes but is there any chance they gonna explain what happened to it in the next episodes or so.We now know that Kamui is an expert programmer but why did he take the impact absorber out of the drone and for what purpose?Or did the staff actually did it as to hint that he is also an expert in drones?
This is the only thing that bugs me otherwise the show is going fantastic...

Nov 9, 2014 1:45 AM

From Mika's page in MAL: "Member Favorites: 2" ... wtf how can anyone like that bitch xD

Nov 9, 2014 3:37 AM

very2 gore

Nov 9, 2014 5:05 AM

-It's hilarious to see people "defending" Makishima when compared to Kamui, when both have different approach and qualities.

-Togane is not working with Kamui, it's pretty much spoiled in the OP that he has deep connections to Chief Kasei. Also proven by his childhood photo with a younger Kasei.

-Kamui's Motive right now is still a mystery, but it's clear that he's testing Sibyl's limit to judge people, referencing his reaction when Risa who's an Inspector wasn't safe from the Sibyl.
My theory for now his main target is "Is Sibyl safe from it's own system", hence the "WC?" What color is Sibyl.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/

Nov 9, 2014 7:07 AM

Akane's stalker huh...

Nov 9, 2014 7:59 AM

hassan0297 said:
Hey guys I know it's not episode related but just curious that what happened to that Impact Absorber that was taken out of the drone.I know it's only been 5 episodes but is there any chance they gonna explain what happened to it in the next episodes or so.We now know that Kamui is an expert programmer but why did he take the impact absorber out of the drone and for what purpose?Or did the staff actually did it as to hint that he is also an expert in drones?
This is the only thing that bugs me otherwise the show is going fantastic...

I had actually forgotten about that, I think it was probably a nod to his drone related skills at this point.

Nov 9, 2014 1:30 PM

Is that enforcer a stalker or what?
What a twist!

Nov 9, 2014 4:35 PM

ClannadQs said:
I don't enjoy being mean, but every now and then I am slapped so hard in the face by the stupidity of people that I have to be. Your entire rant goes on about petty inconveniences in the show like too much dialogue. This is fine as it's your opinion, but to have the audacity to turn around and show clear ignorance about the show and actually believe you are making valid points is what amuses the hell out of me. You're essentially getting mad about them not elaborating on a major portion of the plot right when it is happening. Better yet, you think just because something hasn't been explained yet means it's a plot hole. Did you get taught the wrong definition of "plot hole"? I'm almost 100% positive that they will explain why Kamui can do what he can. Was anything left in the open in the first season? No, because the show is complete. You want me to show you how stupid you are being right now? It's almost as if I watched the first episode of the first season of Psycho Pass and left off there, then came here and started a huge rant about how them not elaborating on Makishima is a plot hole.

Nah, man, sorry, but your aggression is wasted on me - the writing in this season of PP is objectively bad, it has nothing to do with my intellect. Actually it is even worse, that I can notice it, if I am stupid, as you say.

Dialogue lines stating things, that are obvious form the context, are a sign of bad writing in visual storytelling, be it movie, animated film or comic. They look unnatural, waste time and make characters look stupid. It's common knowledge.

In PP1, we didn't know much about Makishima at first, but his actions made sense for the most part, and they used proper foreshadowing (not ideally too, but much better than in this season). With Kamui everything is just random. If we're not allowed to know anything about him now, I'd rather not see non-sensical scenes. Also Makishima was at the backgroung for the first half of the season1, there were other, shorter plots in play. We don't have episodic plots to compensate for the lack of info on the main villain now.
So basically I have to watch scenes, that have no proper context or explanation, until ep.5.
Modified by deadoptimist, Nov 9, 2014 5:00 PM

Nov 9, 2014 5:19 PM

dam who is that politician guy gonna be. wtf
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Nov 9, 2014 6:13 PM

If all Japan has for a military is those shitty little minigun mecha robots, the rest of the world must either be
A) seriously fucked up or
B) so advanced they don't give a shit about 'glorious nippon' and their peculiar closed totalitarian society (Like the USA and North Korea)

I mean, a modern APC or MBT would eat those little shitters for lunch. Still, the MWPSB would be hard pressed to deal with ONE of those, because of how undermanned they are, let alone a regiment.

Gymkata said:
If I were Akane, I would have treated Sybil to the butt end of my Dominator at the end of S1, when she had it by the balls. The populace is a sheeple herd anyway; the two Divisions could effectively contain crime with pen knives for Christ's sake. But no, she negotiates with a collection of psychopaths and puts herself through the same shit all over again--Cybil on her left, Kamui on her right. Screwed again. Brilliant.

I agree with this post, but I want to point out Akane is not like you or I, she is a naive girl raised in a huxleyan dystopia.
Modified by Digitalcommunist, Nov 9, 2014 6:17 PM

Nov 9, 2014 7:27 PM

Yep. Good thing she didn't too, otherwise no S2 :p
Modified by Gymkata, Nov 9, 2014 11:03 PM

Nov 9, 2014 9:55 PM

My hatred for Mika will disappear if she saves Akane from that stalker guy.

Nov 9, 2014 11:48 PM

Honestly the only thing annoying about this show are all the Mika haters.
Funny how they say she's a bitch, when all they're doing is being whiny bitches themselves.
She's probably one of the most interesting characters of the season, with both a tragic past, and huge potential for development.

Nov 10, 2014 5:36 AM

kingcity20 said:
She's probably one of the most interesting characters of the season, with both a tragic past, and huge potential for development.

Lol "interesting". When it's already a copy carbon of "Past Ginoza" with an unhealthy hatred for Akane added to her personality.

Meh, "tragic Past". You're like saying that none of the known characters didn't went through the same or even worst ordeal
-Akane, caused her best friend to die when she can stop it, also the whole Kogami vs Makishima thing
-Ginoza, His past relations to her father and the resulting hunt for Makishima causing the death of his father.
-Risa from Division 2, had to kill his boyfriend because he was trying to flee from his duties as an enforcer
-Even Kogami, had his friend Enforcer Mutilated in the specimen case by Makishima
-Heck, the already dead Kagari had it the worst. Being labeled as a Latent Criminal at the age of 5, with no possible way of clearing it.
Well Mika, she had 2 childhood friends killed. There's nothing that makes it "more tragic" or special than the rest of the cast.

Also "Huge Potential development" ROFL. That was already been done "to death" with Ginoza's side plot with his Father in the first season.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/

Nov 10, 2014 8:25 AM
That was a brutal episode!

Tougane is sure not a good guy but the thing is that I think he's actually a hologram.
I think it's Kougami underneath the hologram of Tougane which would explain the opening with the merging of Tougane and Kougami faces.
Tougane is obsessed with Akane for sure.

One thing I want to say: the opening is getting more and more glitchy by the episode.
The opening is changing by the episode. I think it is turning into something else.
Maybe the opening song is a hologram, maybe it's reference the the Tougane/Kougami theory, maybe the opening song is just an hologram and it's going to break down and we're going to see a new opening.

Kamui is a troll. A big troll. The biggest troll ever!
Making all those innocent people playing the game killing real life people without knowing. OMG

There is a lot of focus on Akane's psycho-pass.
It's definitely something suspicious.

That mask is foreshadowing.
I think Kamui wants to "steal" Akane's face and make a mask.

Nov 10, 2014 1:10 PM

chakracat said:
So Mika is definitely a lesbian huh?

I really hope, Yayoi & Shion are still a thing and stupid Mika will disappear >o<
Modified by Kikoro, Nov 10, 2014 1:16 PM

Nov 10, 2014 1:29 PM

kaimax said:
kingcity20 said:

Lol "interesting". When it's already a copy carbon of "Past Ginoza" with an unhealthy hatred for Akane added to her personality.

Meh, "tragic Past". You're like saying that none of the known characters didn't went through the same or even worst ordeal
-Akane, caused her best friend to die when she can stop it, also the whole Kogami vs Makishima thing
-Ginoza, His past relations to her father and the resulting hunt for Makishima causing the death of his father.
-Risa from Division 2, had to kill his boyfriend because he was trying to flee from his duties as an enforcer
-Even Kogami, had his friend Enforcer Mutilated in the specimen case by Makishima
-Heck, the already dead Kagari had it the worst. Being labeled as a Latent Criminal at the age of 5, with no possible way of clearing it.
Well Mika, she had 2 childhood friends killed. There's nothing that makes it "more tragic" or special than the rest of the cast.

Also "Huge Potential development" ROFL. That was already been done "to death" with Ginoza's side plot with his Father in the first season.

Agreed. They're trying to replicate the relatively successful antagonism between Akane and Ginoza in S1, only this time it's coming off as extremely annoying and heavy-handed. In the first place, this is Japan (or at least its audience is), where respect for hierarchy is practically religion. If I said half of what Mika has to my Japanese coach, he'd have my ass over coals. Second, while Akane has disobeyed orders and made calls that would seem questionable to a noob Enforcer, her actions hardly qualify as "rogue"--especially when said calls have saved their asses and proven correct. I can appreciate what they're trying to do with Mika, but the net effect so far isn't working.
Modified by Gymkata, Nov 10, 2014 1:36 PM

Nov 10, 2014 1:47 PM

This episode was greater than last week's.

Nov 10, 2014 2:11 PM

That is pretty messed up.
Alright episode

Nov 10, 2014 2:14 PM

The more brutal it gets, the better ~

Nov 10, 2014 4:08 PM

deadoptimist said:
God... Are they even serious? The writing is lame.

The first half of the episode is all talk. And apparently they don't know that you can make talking look spectacular too (like ZnK did, for example). And it's not that thay say many interesting things. I dunno, why this show believes that a character should always state aloud, what's going on. Like when they make that enforcer meet his former colleague, and then Gino says "Hey, he used to work here". Why do we have to hear him stating the obvious? Has it not just been shown? It's just a waste of screentime.

Akane is boring. Yes, she is very stable mentally and she did question her humanity before, but that doesn't mean that she can't have slight hue fluctuations. Also that doesn't mean she can't talk back to Mika - and it's high time she did it, she should do it too, since she is her senior. Why didn't her hue balance change after what she has gone through in the previous season? Her room and habits show obvious degradation, why doesn't she care about her hue?
Mika is stupid and irritating. They try so hard to make viewers hate her. Though I can't understand why the chief didn't try to use her.
There're too many similar-looking characters again. Why do we even need to get to know the third division, if there're already two divisions of underdevelopped characters? The red haired guy has been coding silently for several episodes now, and he is supposed to be in the main cast.
Gino could've been affected by the inspector's death more, especially since they had so much time to show boring stuff. He is an important character, dear to many fans - let him have a bit of time to for himself to grieve.
In short, characterization sucks in this season.
Well, what could I expect from the team, that thinks that "WC?" is a good signature for the main villain...

And then there're plot holes...

Why is Kamui able to use dominators? All dominators are controlled by Sybil, they should've locked down. And I don't know, why she doesn't track them.

And that game... Seriously? What's the point? And it is a multiplayer game... *sigh* Btw, even Makishima had to use help of the Korean hacker, but now this Kamui guy does everything by himself - hacking, surgery, drugging people, everything.

Is Tougane stupid? Why does he keep all this stuff in the open, if he is under investigators' supervision and his place can be checked at any time?

And there're many thing like that. There wasn't many good moments to compensate for all this mess. Action is few and not too impressive, fanservice is not very engaging. I liked Tougane's red eyes, Kamui's hiding place and doctor's investigation at the end. That's all.

I agree with this 200%!! Especially about Tougane, the Dominators, and AKANE. Akane's current character could be interpreted as "cold" or "badass," but I dislike this Akane. Certainly, she doesn't have to be as derpy as she was at times last season, but the way she is now is awful. Even with the trauma of losing Kougami. I mean, even after Yuki died, she was still reasonably chipper! Now she uses some bullshit "intuition" for everything, and honestly--never thought I'd say this--I'm starting to understand Shimotsuki's frustration. Don't get me wrong, I still can't stand that girl. But Akane doesn't explain anything she does, and all of her actions are based off seedy theories. Even Kougami would take in the facts BEFORE theorizing.

Bottom line: I miss Urobutcher.

Nov 10, 2014 7:05 PM

kaimax said:
kingcity20 said:

She has no hatred for Akane, Akanes way of doing things are definitely questionable especially given the setting they're in. That and the fact that Mika does things by the books, while Akane does whatever she wants means that they will definitely clash
Akane and Ginoza didn't even clash that much, Ginoza had more clashes with Kogami and with his father than with anyone else.

Plus let's look at Ginoza, his hatred for latent criminals is because he got looked down on after his father became a latent criminal, and he regretted not staying by his father's side, who never did anything wrong in the first place other than doubt the system
Mika's hatred for for latent criminals comes from one of them brutally murdering her 2 friends, plus the guilt of having pretty much sent one to her death.
Soooooo much similarities right, riiiight. Umm no none at all, other than they both hated latent criminals.

Not once did i say she was "MORE" tragic, plus i did say she was the most interesting character THIS season did i not, every character you mentioned got developed last season, so this entire point is irrelevent.

Umm unless mika's father somehow comes in to the picture i have no clue how her development even closely relates to Ginoza's, so done "to death" doesn't even remotely fit. Different background, different story, different development.

Nov 10, 2014 8:11 PM

Another good episode.

We see that Kamui is able to control hues with the right dosage of some certain pill. How the other people are able to get their hues down while locked up at the MWPSB is still a mystery.

Mika still a bitch. Tried pissing and moaning to the Chief and she basically told her to fuck off. Best part was the Chief saying Mika was "going to get eaten alive". They better follow through with that statement.

Speaking of the Chief, it looks like her brain was swapped out with a different one from Sibyl. Judging from the way she was acting after the swap, it could possibly be that serial killer guy from the first season. This could make things a lot more interesting since that brain gave Akane a lot more leeway than the Chiefs normal brain.

Man, Togane's dark suspicious side was played up hard this episode. They made it seem like he was a serious nutcase or something since he had the highest recorded CC, but not it looks like he's going to turn out to be a villain and not just some guy who grs crazy rogue.

The fact that he knew pretty much exactly where to go in that port district, and was ahead of Akane the whole time was suspicious. And he's been like that at every crime scene. He's also the only one who believes in Kamui's existence...maybe there is a reason for that. And to top it all off there was the collection of pictures with markings and circles and lines drawn all over them.

Professor Saiga was also super badass this episode. Figured out that politician guy was actually someone else in disguise. Only took him like 10 seconds.

Nov 11, 2014 3:22 AM

Tsukiss said:

Tougane is sure not a good guy but the thing is that I think he's actually a hologram.
I think it's Kougami underneath the hologram of Tougane which would explain the opening with the merging of Tougane and Kougami faces.

One thing I want to say: the opening is getting more and more glitchy by the episode.
The opening is changing by the episode. I think it is turning into something else.
Maybe the opening song is a hologram, maybe it's reference the the Tougane/Kougami theory, maybe the opening song is just an hologram and it's going to break down and we're going to see a new opening.

Making all those innocent people playing the game killing real life people without knowing. OMG

Wow I like this post!

Nov 11, 2014 3:25 AM

Gymkata said:
kaimax said:

Agreed. They're trying to replicate the relatively successful antagonism between Akane and Ginoza in S1, only this time it's coming off as extremely annoying and heavy-handed. In the first place, this is Japan (or at least its audience is), where respect for hierarchy is practically religion. If I said half of what Mika has to my Japanese coach, he'd have my ass over coals. Second, while Akane has disobeyed orders and made calls that would seem questionable to a noob Enforcer, her actions hardly qualify as "rogue"--especially when said calls have saved their asses and proven correct. I can appreciate what they're trying to do with Mika, but the net effect so far isn't working.

She kinda bugs me too but hey let's not forget that she's a woman.And we all know how women are.They have to point out every single thing unlike Ginoza.He still admitted his mistakes and apologized sincerely. :D

Nov 11, 2014 12:03 PM

hassan0297 said:
Tsukiss said:

Wow I like this post!

Nov 11, 2014 2:32 PM

Ehh, a mass slaughter second ep in a row?

So is Kamui trying to say that we're all killers at heart and if you accept it your hue stays clear? That the psycho-pass meds are an attack against human nature, and people should be freed from the Sybil system by forcing them to become either killers or victims? Oh praise be to this shockingly fresh idea and screw the cattle's rights to choose whether they want to die for this psycho's cause or not.

Of course, when you have this guy next to Sybil (Chief and maybe/probably Tougane to name a few in this camp), he seems pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things. I feel sorry for Akane running in Sybil's little maze, paths closing around her until there's only one left. Guess we'll find out what the writers have in store for our protag eventually.

Nov 12, 2014 7:16 AM

zerriet said:
The_Bif said:
While I must admit that these last two episodes have been much better than the first three, I am still losing my battle of trying to like this season.

The writing is lazy, and most of the cast are 2D cardboard cut-outs that fail to invoke any kind of feels at all. I'm trying really hard to look past this fact, I really want to be able to enjoy this season. But, so many "little things" continue to get in my way.

Togane has pictures of Akane in his room, like all over his room, with eyes and mouths circled... Seems like he's profiling her, watching her for Sybil maybe? He's one of the few characters that are being made interesting, actually come to think of it- I think he's the only character that's being made interesting. Akane has been turned into a cardboard cut-out of her previous self from season one, Mika is nothing more than fodder for us viewers to hate, the rest of the cast are nameless, faceless masses.

Kamui is really getting on my nerves now, at least Makashima was a believable villain, but this guy is like a walking dues ex machina. He's a genius hacker, holo programmer, plastic surgeon, pharmacist, and manipulator; that is too much for any one man to be no matter how you try to explain it all away. He's a ghost the system can't detect, but yet the system observes everyone from the moment they are born and even plans their lives for them based on their aptitude tests, so he had to be in the system somewhere- but apparently is good enough to hack Sybil and make himself disappear? Making super over-powered villains like this are how you ruin good plots, but considering the plot is a rehash of season one with a writer nowhere near as skilled...

Someone pointed out in a previous thread that I seem to be nitpicking looking for reasons to dislike this season... I may be, at this point even I can't tell. Maybe I had my hopes up in expecting anything out of this season after season one was such a masterpiece? Maybe it was silly of me to think that after such a great first season, that a second season could actually be any good at all? Wait, no... Actually that seems perfectly reasonable, I mean after season one was so good it's kind of natural to think that a second season will be good too. So, yeah I'm nitpicking this season because it sucks in comparison; because I would love to be able to enjoy this season, but so far there is very little for me to enjoy and I'm still watching because I'm hoping something will happen to drag me into it and make me enjoy it again.

After working for so many years as both a fiction writer and doing critique for other fiction writers, it's a habit to nitpick these things when the writing is so shoddy that I can find only a couple tiny things to keep me interested.

Okay, I've rambled and for the most part you can ignore most of what I've said here because I'm just ranting after that comment from a previous episode discussion that I'm looking for reasons to dislike this season. Sorry.

I feel that Kamui may just have many connections, because by that logic, how was Makshima able to devise helmets that can conceal one from being scanned. Also, I kind of disagree with Akane being bland. Even though she is evidently more stoic and headstrong this season, her personality was still fleshed out during her conversations with other characters, especially between her and Saiga or Tougane. Anyways, as a reviewer myself, I respect the fact that these inconsistencies affect your viewing experience, but I firmly believe that this season is not as bad as it was made out to be, just inferior to season 1

It foreshadowed almost all of what Makishima was doing, they clearly showed that he had people helping him, it was good storytelling. So far we've seen Kamui do all of these random complicated things, but there's been no foreshadowing, no storytelling, no hint at people working with him only that he manipulates puppets. Makishima spent a lot of time in background being fleshed out and building up his scheme, he used other people to present mini-plots for the MCs while he put everything into place. Kamui has been a focal point since episode one manipulating puppets and using random complicated holos, video games, drones, drugs, etc... without any foreshadowing or buildup- which means that at some point later on we're gonna get this info dump BS trying to dues ex machina his impossible skills away with some explanation that won't make sense because there's been nothing to point us at it at all. It's just bad storytelling.

I thank you for your opinions and not trying to one of those "bad asses behind the keyboard" because I don't agree with you. I can even, after reading your comments about Akane and having some time to cool off, somewhat see your point about her character being fleshed out through conversations- I still just can't seem to like how she's being written this season, though. Stoic and headstrong she may be, but I still find her to be boring this season.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.

Nov 12, 2014 1:47 PM
Sanji Fangirl

We all knew that Tougane was after Akane.

Nov 12, 2014 10:56 PM
Im loving this season so far

Nov 13, 2014 12:40 PM

kingcity20 said:
kaimax said:

She has no hatred for Akane, Akanes way of doing things are definitely questionable especially given the setting they're in. That and the fact that Mika does things by the books, while Akane does whatever she wants means that they will definitely clash
Akane and Ginoza didn't even clash that much, Ginoza had more clashes with Kogami and with his father than with anyone else.

Plus let's look at Ginoza, his hatred for latent criminals is because he got looked down on after his father became a latent criminal, and he regretted not staying by his father's side, who never did anything wrong in the first place other than doubt the system
Mika's hatred for for latent criminals comes from one of them brutally murdering her 2 friends, plus the guilt of having pretty much sent one to her death.
Soooooo much similarities right, riiiight. Umm no none at all, other than they both hated latent criminals.

Not once did i say she was "MORE" tragic, plus i did say she was the most interesting character THIS season did i not, every character you mentioned got developed last season, so this entire point is irrelevent.

Umm unless mika's father somehow comes in to the picture i have no clue how her development even closely relates to Ginoza's, so done "to death" doesn't even remotely fit. Different background, different story, different development.

The whole problem with Mika, is that her opinion is not consisten. She chews out Akane for treating latent criminals like human beings, claiming, that that is the wrong way, but with one snap of Yayoi's finger, she's an obedient silent puppy. (That's going from one end of the scale to the other in a snap, mind you)

And what the other guy was trying to point out, is that just because she has a tragic past, she hasn't become anything more, or special. Also, it wasn't a latent criminal, that killed her friends, but an active one.
And when he said, that the potential developement was done to death, he meant, that she could end up accepting enforcers as human beings. And maybe become a useful member of the group. And while I agree, that she was a load of potential in the first episode, that potential was already squandered too much. And any drastic changes made to her standpoint without, say, Akanes or Yayois death, that stems from one of her many bad habits, will come off as bull, and remembered as bad writing.

Nov 13, 2014 4:58 PM

ok episode
this season kind of feels like they jsut reskinned the first season
[/quote]

Nov 14, 2014 10:25 AM

Gymkata said:
Well, I must admit this was considerably better than the last episode. There's still some things that really bother me though:

1. The writing/script and it's situational exposition (as if it isn't obvious) is lazy

2. Mika and her insubordinate bitching. I realize it has a purpose for what's to come, but the writers are beating us over the head with it. She hasn't made a convincing case in my mind that Akane is a rogue. Lmao at the Chief's parting comment: "That girl will be eaten alive."

3. Shisui. So far, we're supposed to believe--understandably so--that inspectors' actions stem from faith in Sybil. That would explain their response to the fleeing hostages. Ok, no problem, I guess. So...the idea that Shisui so abruptly cooperated in luring her colleague/friend to death's door--after being held in confinement for grissly medical experiments--doesn't sit well with me. Her response to Aoyanagi's demise: "I feel a bit sad." Terrible writing. Drugs? Kamui's "charisma"? Sorry, I'm not buying.

4. Face Transplanting. Blech...I've never like this plot device. Face=bone structure, not skin. So now no one is potentially who they seem. Meh.

5. Angry Birds LOL. Reminds me of Hyper Oats, although not quite as bad perhaps.

And they sure emphasized this picture in Togane's room. Looks eerily similar to Kamui:

Really? The Hyper Oats thing was bad? Haha, wow and I wasn´t sure when I read that part about face transplants - it seems you have a lot to learn or simpy do not like to research things on your own when you have things that bother you (no offense, no ones is as crazy as me and stops to seach for things I´m not sure about or don´t know about the minute I hear it, before saying something sounds stupid, unrealistic or in your case bad - research some stuff, it´s really interesting to find out if something is made up or actually true)

https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/oats/oats-weeds-and-integrated-weed-management
You can read up on oats and how they manage their growth, especially in terms of getting rid of weed. Also, do a little bit of good old fashioned typing into google and you´ll find a lot of new chemical and even bio-chemical treatments to keep vermin and "other illnesses" away, some of them even sound a bit like that "hyper oats virus" they used in Psycho Pass.
They do it to counter "real world viruses", such as the oat mosaic virus
http://archive.hgca.com/minisite_manager.output/3673/3673/Cereal%20Disease%20Encyclopedia/Diseases/Mosaics.mspx?minisiteId=26
There are even more interesting infos about others infections, so check them out.

As for face=bone - ever heard of "facial reconstruction surgery"?
To form a face they shave or even saw off parts of the bones or put in implants to achieve whatever form they want to achieve.
Also a often used technique, especially when it comes to the nose, is fracturing the bones, then "putting them together, like a puzzle" and take out the parts that they do not need anymore.
You can even change a persons height, by either sawing of parts of their bones and "screwing them together, via metal constructions" or make them taller by breaking their bones, fixiate them via metal rods, wait till they heal and then break them again.
http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/a-painful-way-to-grow-taller/

So even if you feel it´s a "reach for the stars" method to write your way out of giving a more reasonable explanation - it´s a real thing. Even common nowadays, if you have the bucks. Especially in a world as advanced as Psycho Pass were full body cybernization is a thing.
It´s not THE source, but they put some interesting links in there for you to read up - exo-skeletons and even those "glowy eye things" from Psycho Pass are becoming more and more of a reality.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2547086/Want-CYBORG-The-technologies-mega-zoom-vision-ability-pick-car.html

As for part one 1. The writing/script and it's situational exposition (as if it isn't obvious) is lazy.

Where was that? I never encountered that. Being used to Naruto´s "the viewer is dumb, hold his hand" exposition must have dulled my senses.

2. Mika and her insubordinate bitching. I realize it has a purpose for what's to come, but the writers are beating us over the head with it. She hasn't made a convincing case in my mind that Akane is a rogue. Lmao at the Chief's parting comment: "That girl will be eaten alive."

Okay...I thought in this episode, she finally made her point clear. I even laughed out loud when heard what she had to say to the Sybil System, aka the Chief.
Didn´t you get it? Mika is what the Sybil System has raised - their ideal citizen. Only caring about their own hue, believing in the system and it´s rules down to the last point, not trying to do anything that goes against the rules or violates any laws no matter what situation she finds herself in, questioning and reporting others who are clearly going against the principles of this society...

It´s really funny to me that the Sybil System is actually "cool" with Akane´s method, while she waves away Mika´s concerns - even though Mika is the one who does exactly the right thing, at least the right thing in their world.
Mika doesn´t know that the Chief is actually part...or is the Sybil System.
So for her to REMIND the Sybil System of how much Akane stands opposite to almost anything the Sybil System says or does on how they should do their job is really awesome.

Just like Kamui saying that if the Dominaor were to judge the Sybil System, what color what they have? (which is probably his plan by the way and why he´s experimenting so much with the Dominators - he wants to judge the Sybil System with the Dominators - with their own system of law) thus showing how hypocritical how the judges aren´t judged themsevles - Mika also shows that the Sybil System is actually more lenient and flexible with it´s own rules and beliefs than a lot of it´s followers/citizens. Don´t you find that funny as well?

Point 3 is easily explained - even from the little we know of her, she´s not herself anymore. In the brief scenes we´ve seen, she was a dominant woman, someone who takes action - look at her now. Kamui also gave her this new "medicine" - there are more sources, but I picked this one:
http://www.livescience.com/16287-mushrooms-alter-personality-long-term.html
Drugs and so called medicine can not only swing some little mood changes, it can turn a person upsidedown. We don´t know what that drug does and seeing as it changes ones hue, it might change ones personality in a way the Sybil System no longer deems as a "threat".

Also, not you, but other people who mentioned how "Kamui does all alone".
For God´s sake, didn´t you watch this episode?
Kamui manipulates people to help him. He did it with old Smack-Smack from the last episode, he did it with Bomb-Guy, he did that with his messenger, the one we found out about in this episode and he does so with his newest pet, the former enforcer. He´s clearly not alone, but it´s clear that he is talented. It´ll be interesting to see what he did for a living, if they reveal it - after all we never knew how Makishima made a living - were did he get his money and connections?
No one questioned that.

But I do understand some of the gripes a lot of users have here, I just picked out yours, cause your post was actually one of the reasonable ones and I hope I don´t seem rude by replying to your comment in such a manner.
Modified by one_eyed_dragon, Nov 14, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 14, 2014 12:29 PM

Tougane with all those photos it shows hes identifying Akane's body language and psychological state. Hes investigating why Akane doesnt get her hue clouded.

Akane likely has some connection to Kamui.

Nov 15, 2014 7:53 PM

Wow, they have definitely upped the shock-factor this season.

I wanna play Hungry Chicken!

Nov 15, 2014 10:41 PM
one_eyed_dragon said:

Kamui manipulates people to help him. He did it with old Smack-Smack from the last episode, he did it with Bomb-Guy, he did that with his messenger, the one we found out about in this episode and he does so with his newest pet, the former enforcer. He´s clearly not alone, but it´s clear that he is talented.

The complaint is not that Kamui does everything on his own; the complaint is that he is doing too much on his own to be a believable character. We acknowledge that he uses other people to commit crimes, but the fact of the matter is that given the information we have, Kamui is at least a master hacker and a master surgeon, if not also a master chemist or psychotherapist.

What really boggles my mind is how some viewers attempt to rationalize this perfect antagonist by conjecturing that these skills are really the product of some other character's work. We have no evidence for that thus far. Rather than using evidence to shape a conclusion, you've taken a conclusion and molded the evidence to support it.

Nov 15, 2014 10:51 PM

One thing I want to know is how the fuck do you manage to control drones through a video game?!

The amount of blood this episode, holy shit.

DID SOMEONE JUST SAY MAKISHIMA SHOUGO?! *creams pants*

Good episode though this second season really needs that "wham episode" like what we got in season 1

Nov 16, 2014 12:36 AM

Boy and I thought Shogo made the MWSPB look stupid, Kamui takes the cake.

Nov 16, 2014 7:01 AM

This season isn't playing. Just how dumb is the government to create unmanned machines with unrestricted firepower while the Inspectors can't even fire against a criminal if they don't get permission from Sybil?

Nov 18, 2014 3:36 PM

I think now Mika is getting hate just because it's what people are used to do. In this episode she was actually decent. Even when expressing her disagreement with Akane's methods she basically pleaded the chief to not kill Akane if things go bad(Mika believes Akane will get her hue clouded by being so close to people like the enforces or by putting herself so much into the minds of criminals) and use non-lethal on her.

Also Mika actually did some decent investigating this time by searching about Togane and discovering his obsession with Akane.

xchee said:
So Kamui can do complex surgery and is a master programmer too. Make the antagonist OP for instant "overcoming insurmountable odds" effect.

The guy isn't a master programmer nor a great awesome haker. What he did was very easy to do, not because of his amazing tech abilities but because he was right there in the facility disguised as one of them and had easy access to their systems. So he didn't need to force himself into their system with some amazing hacking abilities. He already had access to their system in a physical way.

springtimerockz said:
This is seriously the FIRST time I've hated a character so much, that I had to find a freaking place to create an account and rage about the stupidity and annoying-ness of a character.

Dude, you have so much rage the Sybil system will have put the Dominator on you in lethal eliminator mode.
Calm your titties. No matter how annoying you may find her it still is just a character from an anime.
Modified by Monad, Nov 18, 2014 3:55 PM

Nov 19, 2014 11:03 AM

dondon151 said:
one_eyed_dragon said:

Kamui manipulates people to help him. He did it with old Smack-Smack from the last episode, he did it with Bomb-Guy, he did that with his messenger, the one we found out about in this episode and he does so with his newest pet, the former enforcer. He´s clearly not alone, but it´s clear that he is talented.

The complaint is not that Kamui does everything on his own; the complaint is that he is doing too much on his own to be a believable character. We acknowledge that he uses other people to commit crimes, but the fact of the matter is that given the information we have, Kamui is at least a master hacker and a master surgeon, if not also a master chemist or psychotherapist.

What really boggles my mind is how some viewers attempt to rationalize this perfect antagonist by conjecturing that these skills are really the product of some other character's work. We have no evidence for that thus far. Rather than using evidence to shape a conclusion, you've taken a conclusion and molded the evidence to support it.

What evidence have you used to come to the conclusion of Kamui being a master hacker, surgeon, chemist and psychotherapist? You have molded yourself quite the mudball of hypocrisy right there.

It seems you just skimmed through my post to find something that does not suit yourself and in your delusion created a base for yourself so you can jump on your horse and ride along your antagonizing view of yours, so I do feel honoured that it seems that I am your personal windmill. So you should feel honoured that I seem to have chosen you as my personal windmill as well, before you start calling me out on my hypocrisy. So come to me, Corazon, let us ride!

I´m not trying to say everyone is wrong, as I once said in a post, this is a fictional work, there are things that do exist in our world today and signs that show that they might one day become a reality, but even though something exists in our real world, it doesn´t mean the fact changes that this is a fictional world some wrote.
And we don´t know for a 100% what this person´s thoughts were when he wrote those scenarios and characters, so my and your view are neither wrong nor right until we open the box and find out if one of us has been wrong or right.

So it´s not like I´m going to denounce your post/opinion, in a similiar way you did, but I want to know why you think Kamui is what you said he is.

In this world machines handle most of the work. Who is to say you need any medical skills to opearte someone in this day and age? EA allows you to scan in your own face, so you can use it in FIFA15 and the new WWE - and that´s for a game. Is it really so unrealistic to believe that in their world, they can just scan in a photo and the drones operate in a way that manages their input origin?
You could see that Shisui´s eye was held in a room next to a lot of operating and observation machines. Kamui has his grip on a representative of the Ministry of Welfare and who knows else - getting the medical and technical support he´d need, as well as plans on where abanoned spaces are with necessary equipment is an easy task in this case.

Also, as you have heard, the system they used was already implemented and the drones are usually controlled via that very "video game system". So you don´t need any hacking skills, just inside help.
The fact that Kamui is a ghost means that he is either an A.I., came from outside somehow, is considered dead or is smiply someone who hasn´t been registered, someone who has been abandoned - there are cases of this in the real world, of people who do not exist and never existed.
It´s not confirmed that he himself hacked into the systems and deleted his profiles, nor does it state that he is the one who programs the holograms.

And what if he is a master psychologist? It´s easy to control the mind of a human, especially of humans that have been mind-trained by the doctrine the Sybil System set before them. Mentalists, Illisionists and Magicians are always using the human psyche to deceive and trick people into believing and doing things they want them to - does that make them OMGHAX as well?
And it seems you do not seem to know, but being a psychologist means knowledge of certain medictations, in a lot of nowaday´s countries they can even perscribe them. That means during their study, they do learn certain areas of chemistry as well as the effects that some medications have on humans and the human mind. So he doesn´t need to be a master chemist - he just needs some knowledge that he probably has if he worked in that field or studied. And has Kamui said - medicine is only effective in the right dose - whatever that right dose does, it does wonders it seems.

But no matter what I say, you will probably stand on your point, without budging even one inch, because I provoked you at the beginning of my post, even though I did use some valid argumentation against your case. You will stand on your case that I have delusioned myself into giving Kamui a free pass on everything he does and call me out on my made-up evidence to suit my own interests.

Now that I have said that, you´ll probably call me out on being all high and mighty, that I look down on others and think I´m "oh so right and everyone else is wrong", because I made up some points that work in my favour and now everyone has to bow before me and say that I´m right.
At least you think that.

Now that I have said that, you won´t admit it. You´ll say something along the lines of being prejudiced and you think I´m cocky for trying to guess what you think. And you´ll say I´m wrong.

Or you´ll just denounce everything I said, leave me with a "say and believe whatever you want" comment and just walk away.

I cannot wait to read your response. Let´s see what kind of color you are.
Modified by one_eyed_dragon, Nov 19, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 19, 2014 9:54 PM
The ending is very sick, turns out ***** is a stalker,

what a shocking truth

Nov 23, 2014 4:15 AM

This season is very awesome! The action is amazing, also they show blood and people blowing up, we didn't get that in Tokyo Ghoul, and it made the anime "weaker" because of it.

Tougane is helping Kamui? Maybe they want to make a copy of Akane?

Nov 29, 2014 2:46 AM

Oh my, Kamui took Shisui's eye. This reminds me of Kakashi and Obito. Kakashi also has a technique called Kamui.

Tougane pointed his Dominator at Akane to check her Criminal Coefficient.
Shimotsuki is suspicious about Tougane.
"That girl will be eaten alive." You tell her, Chief! (^_^)

Two new members for Division 1 have been introduced.
Meanwhile, Division 3 members are playing Hungry Chicken.
But Saiga now has a lead! But where will that lead us?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Nov 29, 2014 8:56 AM

5/5

Episode with a narrative course almost relaxing, but the mysteries still growing and the peculiarities of the new opponent Akane increase.
Kamui will become one of the height Makishima? For now, his charisma is increasing.
The drawings and animations this time, no sign of cali perceptible to the naked eye.
I wonder if the inspector Mika will make a bad end.

Dec 5, 2014 6:16 PM

There's an app for that? Damn!

Sent with Mal Updater

Dec 15, 2014 1:12 PM

Shisui is such a whore I hope she's the one to die next. Togane is definitely hiding something and I wouldn't really be surprised if he joins forces with Kamui later on. Saiga is seriously awesome!

Omg what the hell was that game?! This guy just keeps getting crazier.

Togane is a stalker.

Dec 18, 2014 8:04 PM

This was really interesting. ^____^
And I'm really glad someone finally
mentioned Shougo! Thanks Akane :)

Dec 21, 2014 7:53 PM

Yeah I've no idea why this season is getting such low ratings compared to the first. Nah, it's not quite as good, but this has been awesome so far.

The idea of releasing a video game so the public can unknowingly control drones? BRILLIANT. Already liking this Kamui dude, though there's pretty much no way he'll match Shougo.

dat reveal at the end. Why would someone be so obsessed with Akane that he'd stalk her? Akane sucks.

Dec 23, 2014 10:00 PM

That chicken game is the stupidest thing I've seen in this second season so far. The way this show makes Kamui out to be some omnipotent being is just awful.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »