Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 3, 2015 8:12 AM

May 2013
4th 5th 6th episode is utter shit, with nothing but blood shed and stupid story line
Jan 3, 2015 8:17 AM

Dec 2009
na35899 said:
4th 5th 6th episode is utter shit, with nothing but blood shed and stupid story line

PP 2 is especially bad near the middle. It doesn't ever get to the point of comparing with the first season but it does get noticeably better.
Jan 5, 2015 4:38 AM

Jun 2013
Bloods, bloods everywhere...

So the drones in the factory start shooting down innocent people, unknowingly being controlled by the people who play "Hungry Chicken" in their mobile devices. Kamui is really good in trolling MWPSB.

Akane and Togane find a hidden place behind a holographic wall, discovering various face masks and another "WC" message.

Mika wants to get rid of Akane. She's annoying at times. When she visits Togane's room, she discovers a tremendous amount of photos and files of Akane, not to mention the fact that Togane also checks Akane's crime coefficient.

Another intense episode.
Jan 26, 2015 1:44 AM

Jan 2015
Now this is going to be the biggest game terror ever i have seen it
Feb 22, 2015 4:04 PM
Jul 2014
I like it anyway...
Apr 17, 2015 6:31 AM

Jan 2013
That was hilarious seeing everyone just play the game, unknowingly killing all these people.
Would be interesting to see how they would react when they found they actually killed them.
Apr 20, 2015 5:44 PM
Mar 2009
Shougo got name dropped; guess he still haunts the MWPSB for those that knew of his existence.

Glad to see Professor Saigo wasn't just relegated to cameo status; the guy trained Shinya so he definitely knows his shit.

Still not really sold on Kamui's objective. It's just too similar to Shougo's except he "saves" a couple lives while doing it.
Jul 4, 2015 12:18 AM
Jun 2015
I really don't like that Mika girl so far. She's proven to be obnoxious, and it's going to be her downfall. I didn't trust that enforcer from the start, so it's no surprise he's a little insane. It even warns you in the opening. I also have no idea why that inspector who got killed decided it was a good idea to not only stop the guy from killing the man attacking everyone, but also decide to try and use her dominator again, because it worked SO well the first time. Still, I feel for Ginoza. She would've been a good character. And now the game is controlling the robots. If Kamui wants to save people so badly, then why the hell is he killing all these innocent ones?!
Jul 4, 2015 12:22 AM
Jun 2015
5layer said:
That chicken game is the stupidest thing I've seen in this second season so far. The way this show makes Kamui out to be some omnipotent being is just awful.
They DID do the same with Shougo though. He got to play god for quite a while. Funny that he was compared to the current situation because everyone was thinking it.
Jul 15, 2015 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
Playing video games could be very dangerous, now i'm agree with that xD.
Jul 23, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2014
Is Shisui obeying Kamui because of the pills and stockholm syndrome? That must be what the pills are for.

The chief is right about Mika, she will get eaten alive. But at least she uncovered something about Togoe. And just how obsessive is he with Akane? Is he working for Kamui too?

The 3rd division are a bunch of pricks too.
Jul 24, 2015 5:57 AM

Jul 2015
:OOOOOOO EVERYBODY STOP PLAYING HUNGRY CHICKEN! :OOOO
Nov 10, 2015 7:32 PM

Apr 2015
I loved this evolution that the characters and the plot had. I like the way Kamui plays with investigators.
Dec 11, 2015 1:39 AM

Jul 2009
Wow what an episode.

So i guess it now explains how Kamui can infiltrate so easily by using sophisticated hologram techniques and all.

Tougane is acting weird as hell, even has pictures and notes about Akane all over his desk.

Saiga was able to tell the difference of fake. Still watching 3 years of worth of speech must be boring as hell.

Damn that chicken game is scary as hell!

Can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 15, 2016 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
"That girl will be eaten alive."

mind you that enforcer Tougane is a stalker?! D:
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 12, 2016 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
Using a smartphone game to get people to unwittingly control drones is pretty clever tbh. I guessed when he started it that it would.

He's a cool villain is Kirito.

All those pictures and stuff at the end, where those floppy disks?

I'm guessing he was tasked to watch her and stuff.

Being able to tell that guy was fake was really clever.
May 30, 2016 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
The fact that Tougane's pictures of Akane had her eyes and mouth circles shows that he's not just stalking her but studying and analyzing her closely, right down to minute movements. I feel like he's planning to steal her identity or something... Like when Saiga was interrogating Masuda; he noted that the recent Masuda wasn't acting like himself.. Also, Inspector Shisui seemed to have some sort of personality change too, with Kamui. Seemed like she was brainwashed or something.

This season so far has been a complicated mess.
Jul 30, 2016 12:27 AM

Feb 2015

animemes are so lame.

Sad said:

Akane still a cute.

indeed, she did look rather adorable.

The_Bif said:

Okay, I've rambled and for the most part you can ignore most of what I've said here because I'm just ranting after that comment from a previous episode discussion that I'm looking for reasons to dislike this season. Sorry.

no, it's fine. i understand. and you are allowed to "nitpick" just as much as people are allowed to blindingly praise.
-----
i'm sorry, but HOW THE HECK could kirito make a brand new mobile game FOR THE ENTIRE NATION to kill innocent people? doesn't kirito want to save people? these people have next to nothing (if NOT nothing) to do with sybil. he's so contradictory i really do think he's insane. maki, yeah he was a villain, but i don't think he was crazy. just cunning and ruthless. kirito? what the heck does he want now?

besides all that, the violence has been amped up yet again, makes me think that the show is going to rely on that for plot from now on.
Aug 20, 2016 8:46 AM
Jun 2013
so thats y parents say dont play violence game lol
Dec 16, 2016 2:05 PM
Jun 2013
nice to see some people breaking down about the massacer and the death of a fellow enforcer. also sweet jesus mika keeps being annoying. oh snap on the video game hack and togane has some weird fixation with akane.
Mar 22, 2017 7:26 PM

Sep 2015
Wow thats more messed up than SAO lol. Dam our enforcer friend is seriously obsessed with Akane. I knew the sensei would join the team because of last episode showing him wearing a lab coat.
Apr 4, 2017 12:56 PM
May 2013
I wonder if Togane is actually a bad guy and if he is planning to make Akane into a puppet like Kamui.
Also I wouldn't mind more character development.
Apr 20, 2017 4:18 AM

May 2010
Boring as heck first half and meh 2nd half. I am so done. Even the worst 1st season ep was good and 10x better. Mika is annoying as hell, not that I believe shes the same as S1. These two are just way too different. A person gets smarter as they grow up, not turn stupid and irritating. S1 Mika was plenty smart and intuitive. Why did they even change the writer. I hate.
Nov 19, 2017 7:17 AM
Jan 2017
"That girl will be eaten alive"LOL.It seems series is self aware of how Mika is a annoying bitch.So far this season has been good if not as good as S1 and right now I only think that people have been really harsh on this season and going as far saying things like "Just pretend this season doesn't exist".
Jan 15, 2019 9:09 AM
Oct 2016
Stealing Dominators? Seriously? That's Kamui's big master plan? If anything, a part of it. Also, he's managed to get that missing Inspector on his side. All i can hope is she's... taken back to the right path, i suppose.

Judging by some of the scenes, something tells me that Kamui isn't the real villain here. Just got to wait and see.
Mar 16, 2019 7:15 PM

Dec 2010
giuli94 said:
And he actually exchanged his own eye with Shisui's. He seems to have good medical knowledge or there is someone else? Would be weird to transplant something in yourself after all.
Transplantations could very well be handled by machines considering the setting.
Mar 25, 2019 12:46 PM

Nov 2016
Video games, a stalker and EDGE are the words I would use if someone asked me to sum up this episode. People not being aware of killing others is still an interesting turn this arc just took.

I didn't have anything against Shimotsuki before, but her being such a snitch pissed me a bit off tbh.

And poor Ginoza, the death of Aoyanagi must be getting to him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 11, 2019 8:05 AM

Dec 2018
Lol Saiga figured all of it when all the guy doing was just smiling.

Hungry chicken, huh? Just hearing that name is all it takes to make me uninterested to play the game. The game in that era must be sucks.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Oct 6, 2019 7:57 AM
Oct 2018
I f*cking hate this anime. I’m sure it’s a great one but I just can’t deal with this genre. I’m not so sure why I’ve even started it but now I need to finish it to know how it’s end even if I’m pretty sure it will frustrate me greatly... And also to finally see Kogami and what part he play in this season since he is shown as a supporting character.
Oct 9, 2019 6:57 PM

Aug 2017
wtf the drones being controlled through the game and the players unknowingly killing all these people lol.

Is Tougane obsessed with Akane?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2020 9:45 AM

Jan 2018
"She's gonna be eaten alive" well I sure hope so.

I think Togane is working with Kamui, that's why he's researching Akane so much, don't forget Kamui hoped that Akane would see the message he was trying to deliver with the bomb guy, and was dissapointed when they decided to kill him instead of save him.
Jan 19, 2020 12:40 AM

Dec 2014
so like the story shifts it's paradigm quite fast
Aug 20, 2020 4:06 AM

Jul 2020
Is Saiga already working with the MWPSB? I thought he was in prison.

And those Division 3 people are just useless.
Jul 22, 2021 1:32 PM
Dec 2017
We do a little bit of killing.

Feb 9, 2022 8:03 AM

Dec 2007
the more this series continues, the more i hope the writer knows what he's doing, and how he is going to solve all the mysteries.
and though mika really annoying me, her character seems slightly better than akane that seems more robotic lol.
going back to the writing, i dunno if kamui is written good enough to hold this series as makishima did. but even makishima didn't done that alone but with kagoumi.
Jul 16, 2022 4:22 PM
Dec 2021
I love everything about this so far. Though inspector Shimotsuki is starting to get on my nerves
Jul 29, 2022 2:39 PM
Jul 2022
This season so far is so inferior to season 1 it feels like 2 different animes. I dont mind killing etc. but it just seems overdone and pointless at this point. It's like they know the story sucks so they are just going for shock factor which makes you numb at some point. Psycho has the same problem Bleach did after soul society arc. Season 1 was so good season 2 and whatever else isnt going to compare. You cant catch lighting in a bottle twice...oh well guess i'll finish this dumpster fire since its short.
Oct 26, 2022 5:02 PM
Oct 2022
no tiene el estilo clásico del psico pass original
Jan 23, 2023 8:06 PM

Mar 2020
Am I the only one who really hates Kamui's character! 
Because besides going against the physical and material logic of the story, it seems that he is a scientist, plastic beautician, hacker, video game developer (it must be UR42 :3) ! 
Jun 20, 2023 7:27 PM

Dec 2022
Why is Mika pissed off all the time? I'm not sure if this was Urobuchi's vision of her when she was introduced at the end of the first season. Did Ubukata think every important female character he writes needs to be behaviourally identical to his GitS:Arise Motoko? The other new characters also need more development, because I can barely remember any of them so far, nor do I know anything about their personality.
Archean-ReturnJun 20, 2023 7:31 PM

Shaded Horizon

Jul 17, 2023 11:21 PM

Aug 2019
What is Tougane doing, dude is acting extremely suspicious.

Poor Hasuike didn’t get a welcome with everybody gone. Oh, darn, the majority of the members of division 3 got demoted to division 1. Also, Mika seems to have developed a crush on Yayoi.

Oh my gosh, she’s even complaining about Akane to the chief with her reports. I already dislike her, but this is just too low. Mind your freaking business newbie? Not even Gino was like that. “That girl will be eaten alive” even the chief knows 💀.

What in the world is going on.

Oh well, my suspicious were right about Tougane.
Oct 4, 2023 8:53 AM

Jul 2012
More villain about to uncover..

Our new amateur inspector now learn that she can't really depend on the system, n she keep growing up..

Hungry Chicken game, it kinda stupid n lack of explanation how TF it work.. it just don't make sense there..

Feb 2, 12:35 PM

Jan 2008
Snitches get stitches.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 10, 5:47 AM
Dec 2019
The pointless violence is an unwelcome addition to this series. Not that season 1 was squeaky clean but it served a purpose most of the time. Shimotsuki being such a smug little whiner is so annoying too. Like, her boss responds with "eh, who gives a shit about that petty garbage?" and she's like "Don't forget you promised me to take down Akane! Hooray! I did it!"

The contrast of "Akane knows the truth of Sibyl and tries to do real police work through unconventional means" vs "Fresh by-the-book inspector that sees deviation as weakness/inefficiency/bad" could be an interesting story but Shimotsuki is just an embarrassing corporate striver with a shitty personality and no actual police skills. The question at the end of Season 1 being that despite Sibyl being fundamentally evil it produces a desirable society is deeply undermined if it actually is just bad and all its systems are bad and everything is bad.
Feb 22, 12:00 AM
Aug 2023
The military techs and operators all just stand there like idiots allowing themselves to be mowed down, just like all the other idiot victims in this series let themselves be killed.

If the military security is so pathetic, using the same flawed Sibyl system as the civilians and no real extra precautions and protections, why hasn't that country fallen yet? Like come on, some rando civilian psycho can live right on their base under their noses, and reprogram all their drones, some foreign nation's spies could easily do the same. You'd think after S1's plot to destroy all the hyper-oats there'd be an emphasis placed on national security after that.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
8 hours ago

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.