Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2014 4:44 AM

Oct 2014
Which do you think is the best anime ever ??
Please give the reason.

Nov 6, 2014 4:50 AM

Oct 2014
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Because it's the biggest, most ambitious story ever told within the medium, & its intelligent, insightful writing is on another planet compared to all other anime.
Nov 6, 2014 4:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
TLRD - Because of your signature
Nov 6, 2014 5:06 AM

Jan 2010
Best anime? As in in the quality or based off personal enjoyment?
Hmmm personally, my most favorite anime right now is Attack on Titan, One Piece come in close second... I believe they are not perfect or best in quality, but I enjoyed them most than other anime I've watch so far.
Nov 6, 2014 6:35 AM

Oct 2014
For me, Death Note first 25 episodes were just amazing (they should have ended it there). Other than that, I'd say Code Geass. I just love the epic plans and strategies of the MC's.
Nov 6, 2014 2:51 PM

Feb 2013
shinsekai yori (i watched first 10 episodes very slowly and then i watched it through. IT needet soo long to get to the main poin of the anime but it was worth it
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
One Piece has everything.
Action,drama,comedy,epic fights,breath taking moments,moments that make you wanna cry.
That's my reason for picking One Piece as the best anime of all time that will never be surpassed by any other anime,movie, or anything else, One Piece is the best thing on this rotten planet.
Nov 6, 2014 4:11 PM

Sep 2014

:)
Nov 6, 2014 7:16 PM

Jul 2014
I've gotta go with monster.
Nov 6, 2014 8:00 PM

Oct 2012
School Days, it took the harem you love in anime and showed you how retarded those things are. I'm not kidding.
Nov 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Feb 2013
AKB0048

Because...

Idols in space! (battle concerts)
Nov 6, 2014 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
One Piece excels in everything
Nov 6, 2014 8:03 PM

Sep 2014
Probably FMA brotherhood. I loved the story, I loved the characters, I loved the whole alchemy sort of thing, I loved the fights, I loved everything about the show
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Nov 6, 2014 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
Gonna get back to you when I've seen all anime in existence.
Nov 7, 2014 8:49 PM

May 2014
Ulquiorra1923 said:
One Piece has everything.
Action,drama,comedy,epic fights,breath taking moments,moments that make you wanna cry.
That's my reason for picking One Piece as the best anime of all time that will never be surpassed by any other anime,movie, or anything else, One Piece is the best thing on this rotten planet.

I've tried watching one piece, but the comedy and animation are throwing

Nagi no asukara: I'm really into romance/drama. The anime has the best animation I've ever seen, amazing voice acting, amazing plot, amazing characters, and a completely amazing soundtrack.
Nov 7, 2014 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
I'd say Steins;Gate or Fate/Zero
Nov 7, 2014 9:20 PM

Aug 2014
There is new anime from time to time. So my point of view will change too.
Now i think its One Piece :o
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Nov 7, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2014
I really don't think there is one...
Nov 7, 2014 9:35 PM

May 2011
This is totally opinionated so it matters in no way, but...

Wolf Children/HxH (2011)/Pyscho Pass are pretty much tied for my all time favorites. Wolf Children is also the only thing on my list with a ten so there's that (Probably due to condensed format meaning it has less chances to fuck up.).
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
Nov 7, 2014 9:42 PM

Apr 2014
Democracy said:
School Days, it took the harem you love in anime and showed you how retarded those things are. I'm not kidding.
This.
Nov 8, 2014 12:26 AM

Nov 2014
This is highly subjective and really hard to answer. I have a really hard time deciding on on a best/favorite anime of all time because the medium changes and improves all the time. So my favorites changes from time to time.
Nov 8, 2014 12:32 AM

Aug 2013
Cowboy Bebop is my favorite currently.
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Nov 8, 2014 1:05 AM

Apr 2009
The whole Fairy Tail season 1! I swear I've never loved a shounen anime this much before
Nov 8, 2014 2:35 AM
Oct 2014
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni + Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai (season 1 and 2)

I'm a fan of nonlinear storytelling. Starting the series may be confusing at first but you gradually recognize some clues as you go deeper into the story. So much nightmare fuel in this anime (it was hard going to the bathroom alone at night because of this anime, and I'm a horror fan! i.e. not just in anime but in all mediums) but it has a positive ending. The trials and hardships those children go through, their fun times together, not to mention Keiichi being a normal guy/kid and yet he becomes badass near the end of season 1; all these contribute to an awesome anime. Granted, the art isn't really good especially in season 1, but it's all worth it.
Nov 8, 2014 5:25 AM

Sep 2012
it's hard to choose only one. then i'll pick two of them :p

Samurai Champloo and Great Teacher Onizuka

the first one has its own style, it's unique, funny, the story is amazing and the OST are the best i've ever heard in an anime.

The second one just make me laugh my ass out so hard every time i watch it I can't get enough of it
Nov 8, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal - perfect action sequences, atmospheric music, flawless dialogue, dub was better than the sub, great art and animation that holds up well today, awesome characterization and plot that really questions morals, also has elements of romance/tragedy.

Dec 4, 2014 5:40 PM
Jan 2013
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Can't wait for new adaptation of the novels.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Dec 4, 2014 5:55 PM

Dec 2014
Puella Magi Madoka Magica or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

It takes your world of mahou shoujo and destroys it while rebuilding it in a new creepy but beautiful way. Beautiful in every way
Dec 4, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2012
Smooki said:
shinsekai yori (i watched first 10 episodes very slowly and then i watched it through. IT needet soo long to get to the main poin of the anime but it was worth it

mah nigga
Dec 6, 2014 3:47 AM

Jan 2014
NONE. If you're looking for a single title. Everyone has their own opinion at the subject matter

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Dec 6, 2014 4:53 AM

Jul 2010
LOGH

/thread
Dec 6, 2014 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
As mentioned above it depends if you are asking about personal preference or subjectively.My personal favorite is definitely Kemonozume.It is not very well known but the weird and cool art style combined with a dark and interesting story really created a masterpiece.But for a lot of people the art style is really bad(when I saw the first episode I was one of these people but my opinion changed through the second episode).So subjectively I would say that the best anime is Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.It is the most beautiful anime I have ever,really cute but dark at the same time.
Dec 6, 2014 8:44 AM

Jul 2014
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: I finished it a couple of days ago and it was brilliant. The sheer scale, the characters, the epic story, the themes, the humour, the drama and pretty much everything was top notch.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Another truly epic story with a brilliant plot, touching moments, memorable characters and pretty much everything about it was masterfully done.

Monster: A dark and suspenseful journey you will never forget
Take care of yourself

Jan 8, 2015 6:58 PM
Jan 2013
Objectively: Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Subjectively: Code Geass
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jan 8, 2015 7:19 PM

Nov 2014
Spirited Away. It's a work of genius that's appreciated by kids, teenagers, adults, and the elderly. It's a perfect movie.
Jan 8, 2015 7:25 PM
Apr 2012
Code Geass because Lelouch.
Jan 8, 2015 7:27 PM

Sep 2014
Boku no Pico
Jan 8, 2015 7:40 PM

Oct 2014
After you tell us who is the most beautiful woman who ever lived (or living).
Please give us your reason.

I think you get the point. For myself I haven't watched enough anime yet but of what I have seen so far it has been http://myanimelist.net/anime/44/Rurouni_Kenshin:_Meiji_Kenkaku_Romantan_-_Tsuiokuhen aka Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal.

The art (at least for its time), the pacing, the action scenes, the haunting OST, the tragic love story, the shocking gore and violence clashing with touching tenderness and peace, politics vs. philosophy, revenge vs. forgiveness...I probably missed a few.
8oomerJan 8, 2015 7:57 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jan 8, 2015 7:45 PM
Jan 2015
This "one anime" is soo controversial that I don't have the answer....even for myself.
when I tell myself "THIS ANIME IS MY MOST FAVORITE..".....Then i say to myself "ARE YOU BETRAYING THAT OTHER ANIME YOU LIKE?.....THE ONE YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH?.."...I CANNOT LIE TO MYSELF SAYING JuST ONE anime to be my most favorite of all time...
Although im not judging anybody here....but dont you guys have the same feeling?...
Just because one anime was good in one criteria doesnt make it the best.....but if that one anime you watched helpED you feel better about yourself, than you instantly think "THIS IS THE BEST ANIME i EVER WATCHED (or atleast, one of the best).."...the feeling of the best anime doesnt exist for me...and i will always be impartial to any that I love in my heart.
Though its true that I dont love every anime I watched...I do think some anime are better than others, no matter what...It is only our diversity that makes this too controversial, and next to impossible to understand which is better than which.
Jan 8, 2015 9:34 PM

Jan 2015
katekyo hitman reborn- it's such a wonder how a humor manga turn out with action packed scene and marvellous characters...

Jan 8, 2015 9:35 PM

Oct 2012
8oomer said:
After you tell us who is the most beautiful woman who ever lived (or living).
Please give us your reason.

I think you get the point. For myself I haven't watched enough anime yet but of what I have seen so far it has been http://myanimelist.net/anime/44/Rurouni_Kenshin:_Meiji_Kenkaku_Romantan_-_Tsuiokuhen aka Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal.

The art (at least for its time), the pacing, the action scenes, the haunting OST, the tragic love story, the shocking gore and violence clashing with touching tenderness and peace, politics vs. philosophy, revenge vs. forgiveness...I probably missed a few.

If you weren't a man, I'd ask you to marry me.

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - 10 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
27 minutes ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
8 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
9 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

69 by WatchTillTandava »»
9 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.