Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 6, 2014 11:41 AM

May 2013
Elvellonwen said:
Shibuza said:

You see that's the thing. Why does Jesus need to come between the servant and God. Don't you think it's more natural to have a direct connection with your God? Also what about the people that were born before Jezus? Were they not forgiven because the did not believe in Jezus?

The whole point of sin is you're unable to form a connection with God.

Think of it like stepping in dog shit and then wanting to come home. No. No walking dog shit in the house. Jesus is like the guy who would come out and help you clean the dog shit off your feet so you can come in, help you figure out how to take of your shoes. He gives you the tools to do it and he shows you how, but you have to do it because its dog shit.

symbolism of him washing the feet of that one guy ? anything? no?

ya, see the whole thing is that he was not afraid to get his own hands dirty, he received the lepers. thus allowing them to remove the dust from their eyes...

i don't see 'sin' like the bible (which is from very long ago ;D) would describe it, i feel like you can regain your 'connection' relatively easily if you just really want to, and make that the focus of your life basically. might take ten minutes if you're focused enough. you don't necessarily need to be a christian, either...
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 6, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2008
OnlyEpix said:

i feel like you can regain your 'connection' relatively easily if you just really want to, and make that the focus of your life basically. might take ten minutes if you're focused enough

See..the other thing about that in Christianity is that the path ends in death.

What you're talking about is more spirituality. Not Christianity.

Essentially, one thing all religions do have in common is a sense that cleanliness is next to godliness.
Nov 6, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:

Here's an analogy for you my friend.
You have a math exam with a single question: 2 + 2 = ?
There is only one answer, but what if you are off by just 0.1? Now compare that to someone who is off by thousands, or gives 257 trillion as the answer.
Regardless of how off each individual is, they are both wrong and both fail.
Sin is sin in God's eyes. They all get the same penalty.
"But for the grace of God, lest I go there."

Also, that thinking is nothing new. The real question is: "How do you know you will ever get the chance to repent when you are being the worst person alive?"

"Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 6, 2014 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
So what if you aren't able to repent?
Did I just deceive ol' god?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Nov 6, 2014 3:36 PM

Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:
So what if you aren't able to repent?
Did I just deceive ol' god?

Then you die in your sins. I can't speak for every situation (like a person born deaf and blind who is unable to hear the Word), but my belief is that the opportunity to do so is presented to everyone. Only God can judge.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Sep 2013
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2013
I still haven't read a single post
Nov 6, 2014 9:20 PM

Sep 2013
Red_Keys said:
How were Adam and Eve expected to be able to determine right from wrong if they had no concept of sin before Eve ate the apple? If they weren't able to see that eating the apple was wrong, then why were they punished for it? And if they did have a sense of right and wrong, then that whole "no concept of sin" business is a load of crap.

God seems like a real asshole.

About adam and eve, DOES NOBODY FIND IT WIERD THAT IT ONLY STARTED WITH AN ADAM AND EVE? BY THAT LOGIC THAT'D MEAN WE'D GO THROUGH A LOT OF INCESTUAL BREEDING. Why does nobody ever bother to bring that up?! Am I the only one in the world on crazy drugs?
Fortune favors the bold. I weep for the sheep.
Nov 6, 2014 9:33 PM
Jun 2012
Soren333 said:
I still haven't read a single post

lmao.
Nov 6, 2014 9:34 PM

Apr 2012
Waifumagnet420 said:

About adam and eve, DOES NOBODY FIND IT WIERD THAT IT ONLY STARTED WITH AN ADAM AND EVE? BY THAT LOGIC THAT'D MEAN WE'D GO THROUGH A LOT OF INCESTUAL BREEDING. Why does nobody ever bother to bring that up?! Am I the only one in the world on crazy drugs?

Well in theory adam and eve where perfect beings with perfect genetic code so incest would not pose a problem. And according to christians or the bible sin made the human weaker so thats how genetic weaknesses where introduced according to their belief?
Nov 6, 2014 9:51 PM

Jul 2011
baki502 said:
Waifumagnet420 said:

Well in theory adam and eve where perfect beings with perfect genetic code so incest would not pose a problem. And according to christians or the bible sin made the human weaker so thats how genetic weaknesses where introduced according to their belief?

Also there's the little detail that Eve came from Adam's limb...
Nov 6, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
baki502 said:
Waifumagnet420 said:

Something like that, or it could be a case of "if you arn't first your last." We all no the first person to cross the atlantic, or first pilots, but, those now? the 15th? etc etc

Plus one thing stands out, either there were more people made at some point, that came by other means, or Adam and eve were nice enough to build a catapult to launch a instant growth child. Biblical scripture points out there were other humans. In the book of Genisies When Kane Killed Able, he was cursed to wander the world, and so were his offspring cursed, and it so happens he did find a wife.
Nov 6, 2014 9:58 PM

Jul 2011
^ This is like if you're reading a fantasy book about dragons and fairies, and you go and argue how the physics in the book is wrong.
Nov 6, 2014 10:04 PM

Dec 2012
It's been 6 pages and no one bothered? Alright guys I'll do it.

*dying.
Nov 6, 2014 10:08 PM

Apr 2012
Didnt it say somewhere some angles got corrupted and went to live with the humans or something? Maybe thats how cane got his wife lol.

Or he just took one of his sisters. Cane and Abel did have sisters that went pretty much unmentioned in the bible.

But still the bible for being such a big book and actually covering a huge amount of story has surprising amount of consistency in it. Certainly not enough to make it credible but I doubt many authors would manage to have this much consistency in a work of this magnitude. I have a big level of respect for whoever the author(s) are, to manage to write such a big one and keep the people captivated for milleniums and even make them believe its all real.
Nov 6, 2014 10:11 PM

Jan 2014
JustALEX said:
You see, one thing which is definitely a big reason why I began to lose my faith was when I started to ask myself questions about sex and whatnot (this is when I was still in HS)...
Interesting. I would have to say that issues peripheral to sex also started to make me very bitter in early adulthood, and probably contributed greatly to my ultimate apostasy. I remember one of my teachers pointing out that sexual sin is perhaps the thing that separates people from God most quickly. I'll try to answer your questions.

Why does god care if I have sex before marriage?
Marriage isn't just a biological thing, it's a covenant and a picture of the proper relationship between God and man, the man in the relationship representing God and the woman in the relationship representing man. Which is why there is so much in the Bible about wives submitting to their husbands, that the husband should be the spiritual leader in the marriage, and also the leader of the family. But the husband also has the responsibility to meet the needs of the wife. So sex outside of marriage or promiscuous sex breaks and twists the intended purpose of marriage. Also God intends that marriage be the binding together of two people into "one flesh." You've heard it said (I'm sure) that one's first love is the deepest. You've read (I'm sure) in the Bible that what God has joined let no man put asunder. In other words, if two souls have been knit together but then go their separate ways, there is a tearing apart of their very beings involved. Broken loves and broken relationships destroy people. Just look at some of the stories you can read here on MAL. Life itself attests to these facts.

Why does god care if I masturbate?
I don't really think he does. There is only one instance (that I can think of anyways) in the Bible concerning masturbation, but there were other issues involved in that situation and so I don't think we can draw too many conclusions from it. However, the principle that "If a man looks at a woman to lust after her, he has committed adultery already with her in his heart" holds here. You might argue that masturbating to MLP or fictitious characters is therefore OK, but I think the concept that this behavior gets in the way of a strong future marriage might have some bearing. Different sects interpret masturbation different ways. Can one masturbate without immoral thoughts?

Furthermore, why would he make my body feel irresistible urges and then tell me I can't reciprocate those urges in a natural way such as sex with a partner or at least by relieving myself through masturbation?
The Bible says things like "It is better to marry than to burn" and "He that finds a wife finds a good thing." Back when people lived shorter lives, they also married earlier, and families arranged marriages for their children. Modern society's current model for relationships may be deeply flawed. Certainly there is a large time span between sexual maturity and marriage, at least for most. Anyways, speaking from personal experience here, giving in to those urges (and they are not irresistible, just hard to resist) makes it harder to resist them in the future. Honestly, it sounds like your gripes with God come from the difference between how he dictates your life should be lived and the way you want to live it. And ultimately, that is the dilemma that all of us face, though the issue in particular may not be sex for all of us.

RedArmyShogun said:
More or less most Christians by their own faith are going to hell.
As the Bible says, the way to Hell is wide and well-traveled, while very few will be saved from the judgment to come.
Nov 6, 2014 10:56 PM

Dec 2011
Elvellonwen said:
Think of it like stepping in dog shit and then wanting to come home. No. No walking dog shit in the house. Jesus is like the guy who would come out and help you clean the dog shit off your feet so you can come in, help you figure out how to take of your shoes. He gives you the tools to do it and he shows you how, but you have to do it because its dog shit.

This just won the Internet.

Jesus is God. God does not simply show the path to heaven, he LEADS it (by example); which is unlike many other Religions which simply give "guidelines" (IE the middleway in Buddhism, or the Five Pillars of Islam)

To answer your question relating directly to sin: dying in of itself is not the way that Jesus has relieved us of sin, but relates back to an ancient Jewish tradition called Yom Kippur (to my memory) which an *innocent* goat was sacrificed (a common ancient practice), to relieve yourself of sin. You put your dirty sins on the innocent goat. Jesus was that goat.

To give himself brownie points he also once said "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." (John 15:13).
Nov 7, 2014 12:24 AM

May 2014
Waifumagnet420 said:
Its funny, because he's loved for dying for our sins. But if you were sent back into the past, if you loved him, would you save his life? But wait, that means every human would be responsible for all there sins. Lol

It's not that he want to die for our sins, he did it because the Lord a.k.a his father ask him to. Also, before he's dead, there already have a bunch of people who loved him, because of his actions. Jesus is part of the tri-unity, the Father God, the Son God, and the Spirit God, not three gods, but one God existing as three persons.

Clearly, you didn't read the bible, so don't try to be smart and say that it's funny, because it only shows how ignorant and foolish you are.
Nov 7, 2014 3:10 AM
Nov 7, 2014 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
Mainstream religions are overrated. Better start a cult yourself, much more fun that way.
Nov 7, 2014 3:38 AM

Jul 2013
reading the posts.. I'm not disappointed. Because in the internet being atheists or bashing God or any religion = kewl. ermerhgerd such badass. fill me with your seed senpai! kyaa~
Nov 7, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2014
There are loads of religions that taught most of Jesus's teachings to reach the heathens without the aid of god, even atheistic religions. To think that someone else would need to pay the ultimate price to forgive people of their sins is far fetched for me however.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Nov 7, 2014 4:36 AM

Jan 2014
Jackrabb1t said:
JustALEX said:
You see, one thing which is definitely a big reason why I began to lose my faith was when I started to ask myself questions about sex and whatnot (this is when I was still in HS)...
Interesting. I would have to say that issues peripheral to sex also started to make me very bitter in early adulthood, and probably contributed greatly to my ultimate apostasy. I remember one of my teachers pointing out that sexual sin is perhaps the thing that separates people from God most quickly. I'll try to answer your questions.

Why does god care if I have sex before marriage?
Marriage isn't just a biological thing, it's a covenant and a picture of the proper relationship between God and man, the man in the relationship representing God and the woman in the relationship representing man. Which is why there is so much in the Bible about wives submitting to their husbands, that the husband should be the spiritual leader in the marriage, and also the leader of the family. But the husband also has the responsibility to meet the needs of the wife. So sex outside of marriage or promiscuous sex breaks and twists the intended purpose of marriage. Also God intends that marriage be the binding together of two people into "one flesh." You've heard it said (I'm sure) that one's first love is the deepest. You've read (I'm sure) in the Bible that what God has joined let no man put asunder. In other words, if two souls have been knit together but then go their separate ways, there is a tearing apart of their very beings involved. Broken loves and broken relationships destroy people. Just look at some of the stories you can read here on MAL. Life itself attests to these facts.

Why does god care if I masturbate?
I don't really think he does. There is only one instance (that I can think of anyways) in the Bible concerning masturbation, but there were other issues involved in that situation and so I don't think we can draw too many conclusions from it. However, the principle that "If a man looks at a woman to lust after her, he has committed adultery already with her in his heart" holds here. You might argue that masturbating to MLP or fictitious characters is therefore OK, but I think the concept that this behavior gets in the way of a strong future marriage might have some bearing. Different sects interpret masturbation different ways. Can one masturbate without immoral thoughts?

Furthermore, why would he make my body feel irresistible urges and then tell me I can't reciprocate those urges in a natural way such as sex with a partner or at least by relieving myself through masturbation?
The Bible says things like "It is better to marry than to burn" and "He that finds a wife finds a good thing." Back when people lived shorter lives, they also married earlier, and families arranged marriages for their children. Modern society's current model for relationships may be deeply flawed. Certainly there is a large time span between sexual maturity and marriage, at least for most. Anyways, speaking from personal experience here, giving in to those urges (and they are not irresistible, just hard to resist) makes it harder to resist them in the future. Honestly, it sounds like your gripes with God come from the difference between how he dictates your life should be lived and the way you want to live it. And ultimately, that is the dilemma that all of us face, though the issue in particular may not be sex for all of us.

RedArmyShogun said:
More or less most Christians by their own faith are going to hell.
As the Bible says, the way to Hell is wide and well-traveled, while very few will be saved from the judgment to come.

Another great answer.

It is a similar thing to other physical sins. Why is gluttony a sin if it is a natural urge to eat? Why is "defiling" your body a sin?
They all relate to the intended purpose behind each of those attributes.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 7, 2014 6:02 AM

Jul 2013
This thread is funny because God and Jesus is not real and you're just wasting your time arguing about something that doesn't exist.

Inb4 but it's your thread bro lol nub get rekt
Nov 8, 2014 12:59 PM

Jan 2014
Soren333 said:
This thread is funny because God and Jesus is not real and you're just wasting your time arguing about something that doesn't exist.

But you're the one who has wasted your time in (1) looking at this thread in the first place, and (2) posting here repeatedly. There must be some reason for this?
Nov 8, 2014 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
8Then the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live." 9And Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on the standard; and it came about, that if a serpent bit any man, when he looked to the bronze serpent, he lived.

Numbers 21:8-9

It's kind of like that, except for not snake venom but with sin.
Let's go bowling.
Nov 8, 2014 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
Jackrabb1t said:
Soren333 said:

But you're the one who has wasted your time in (1) looking at this thread in the first place, and (2) posting here repeatedly. There must be some reason for this?

I guess you can laugh at me then.
Nov 8, 2014 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
Soren333 said:
Jackrabb1t said:

I guess you can laugh at me then.
One thing I never laugh at is religious curiosity. There's a reason for everything I think.

Gotta be some reason you're interested.

And I should have put "wasted your time" in quotes above... because I don't think it is actually a waste of time to explore such matters. :P
Nov 8, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
If you're earnestly seeking to learn about Jesus, Jesus said:
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7
Nov 10, 2014 8:20 PM

May 2013
Elvellonwen said:
OnlyEpix said:

i feel like you can regain your 'connection' relatively easily if you just really want to, and make that the focus of your life basically. might take ten minutes if you're focused enough

See..the other thing about that in Christianity is that the path ends in death.

What you're talking about is more spirituality. Not Christianity.

Essentially, one thing all religions do have in common is a sense that cleanliness is next to godliness.

basically, but i think there is plenty of truth in the bible but yeah i think it helps a lot to have your own spiritual thoughts outside of it, cause where its coming from can be kinda confusing and outlandish. like you aren't going to get stoned to death just for being righteous. well not literally anyways, lol.

Soren333 said:

anyone who's into this sort of stuff is beyond used to it at this point. there's nothing wrong with wanting to understand...
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 10, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
Optimus prime died for our sins.
Nov 10, 2014 8:25 PM

May 2012
Did you fail at elementary school math?

1 Jesus = Billions of people who lived and died throughout history.

AMERICA IS GOIN TO HELL. PRAISE JESUS, LET US REPENT FOR OUR SINS.
Nov 10, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2010
Sabylas said:
LadyRenly said:
Jesus was the main character, and he was fighting the last boss, Himself.(even voice acted by the same dude)

By defeating himself, he saved us from himself.

I like to think Jesus was voice acted by Yuri Lowenthal.

Pretty sure you just committed the ultimate sin, having Adachi as your avatar and sig, and stating that a pro/antagonist same VA combo should be voiced by Yuri Lowenthall and not Johnny Yong Bosch.
Nov 11, 2014 7:55 AM

Dec 2013
well. Jesus and his friend, Judas, were offered a contract. They got one wish, and in exchange, they had to become magical girls and fight witches. Judas eventually accepted in order to help an ill friend of his. He eventually fell to the darkness and became a witch himself and had to be killed. Jesus was torn up and asked the man who offered the wish in the first place, why this had to happen? He explained it made energy which fueled the universe or something and that all magical girls succumb to this fate. Jesus decided not to do it til he heard of a great and powerful witch that could kill the world. He then decides to become a magical girl but for his wish, he asks to release all other magical girls from their cursed fates. In order to do this though, he had to become immortal and fight every witch himself for the rest of time. He also would of never of existed in this universe and that's how Jesus died for your sins
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JAPAN?

BaronLukis - Apr 17

20 by AxiaG »»
59 seconds ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 8 hours ago

23 by DesuMaiden »»
11 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

43 by 9765 »»
25 minutes ago

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 5 hours ago

5 by Noboru »»
36 minutes ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - 4 hours ago

9 by Serafos »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.