Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was kinda intense. I feel bad for Shinchi again for getting beat up. Still, I don't think that comes even close to what happened to Shinchi's father. Damn, that's painful. RIP ;_;

Heh, strange OST used this episode.

The ending of this episode is chilling. Shinchi stabbed by her own mother (infected with parasite) can be quite shocking.
Nov 5, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2013
Dubstep at the end was horrible.
Nov 5, 2014 10:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This just left me speechless, that whole episode.
Nov 5, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode.

Friend zone!

Great scene
ByonKunNov 7, 2014 6:06 AM
Nov 5, 2014 10:52 AM

Jun 2012
Ah, the game changing part of the story
This is where Parasyte REALLY picked up for me

Nov 5, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2013
Man that was intense. Sucks that mom got taken over. She was sorta annoying but still very sweet D:
Nov 5, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2010
... The parasite injuring Shinichi's dad and taking control of his mother and attacking Shinichi!

Shinichi unable to accept that his mom changed to being a parasite :/

It was interesting to learn that a parasite can change host more successfully if it is the same gender.

The Kana girl being quite perceptive when she looked at Shinichi's eye and felt his hand was different!

The gang fights, it was nice to see Shinichi not giving up on Murano.

The cliffhanger!!!
Nov 5, 2014 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
Best episode of the year
Nov 5, 2014 11:08 AM

Oct 2010
Parasyte definitely has both my favourite opening and ending this season, I haven't skipped either of them once. Good to see Kana finally introduced.
Nov 5, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
I am going to be wondering all week how Shinichi will survive that impaling.

Kana is especially interesting because she's human and not a parasite.
JayBlueNov 17, 2014 3:39 AM
Nov 5, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
WTF? That was pretty fast. I thought that scene would be at least on Episode 8 or something. Well It can't be helped.

Shinichi really can't believe that his mother was already been taken over by the "Parasyte" even though he already knew it that she's dead but he still insist to think that it was his mother, Like he is using that time to apologize to her because he done something wrong to his mother. RIP Nobuko Izumi, Shinichi's mother.

Then what would happen next? All out Shinichi? Can't wait for the next episode next week!
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 5, 2014 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
Wow. I am absolutely speechless. The only response that I have to DAT ENDING is...

Shit just got real and real fast. I feel completely terrible for Shinichi especially after he started manning up this episode and becoming a bro. He's definitely going to go ape-shit in the next episode. Buckle up folks. This ain't gonna be pretty.

Also, the second that I saw this episode's title was "The Stranger", I instantly thought of the scene from Scrubs where JD teaches Turk his "special" masturbation trick. It fits this series too perfectly.

dankzelNov 5, 2014 7:28 PM
Nov 5, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT O_O!!!

I was "F*** NOOOO!!!" when I saw his mom and dad in the forest that looks like where that parasite was looking for a female body and then off with the head. Friggin cringed when Nobuko died D: JUST WHY?!?! F***N WHY?!

And Dat denial was so strong from Shinichi at the end. Poor guy. Totally understandable. Didn't expect him to get stabbed like that though O_o?! Has his body changed to an extent where he wouldn't die from a stab like that?

I'm guessing he'll be going into BA non glasses mode soon?

The first half was pretty cool too with Kana. Already loving her a lot and voiced by SawaMiyuki to add <3 I'm gonna love this girl. KanaHana and SawaMiyuki being the main girls <3

Gotta admit I lol'd so much at Migi's "What a disappointment...I wanted to witness human intercourse" when Murano refused to stay over XD Props to Shinichi for asking her though :P Not bad XD
Nov 5, 2014 11:24 AM

Apr 2014
Holy crap. That cliffhanger O_O.

Great episode that nearly made me out of breath. The tension at the ending was really good. OST was good, but felt sometimes misplaced. Especially towards the end, but it was also good the dubstep. Sinichi is losing it.

I really hope his dad is okay :(
Nov 5, 2014 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
What a god damn bullshit episode.
"Hey MC you're different eventhough you've not changed at all because we can somehow sense aliens and plot and stuff."
"Hey this woman can actually sense the aliens."
"Hey your mom died lol now you can snap like every MC ever and kill everyone and become an asshole, go you!"
Meh, really bad episode compared to the rest, last part was alright though, but the fact that it was his mother was just so predictable it left a bad taste in my mouth, oh well, someone had to go I guess, at least it was the mother and not Satomi, still wish it happened so other way though.
Nov 5, 2014 11:29 AM

May 2013
Those damn bullies. Good thing a whole group of people came over there for a beatdown. Poor Shinichi and his mom.
Nov 5, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
I have no words... Quite shocking.
Nov 5, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2014
Those bullies...
And Kana too, I wonder what she's going to do, having those superhuman senses.

Shinichi, open your eyes!
Having the person dearest to you just be gone like that is terrible, but Shinichi didn't want to believe it.

I want to see the next episode so badly.
After getting stabbed like that, I want to know!

Oh and the OST played when Migi realized there's another one of his kind nearby - just wow.
ScarletCrystalNov 5, 2014 11:42 AM

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Nov 5, 2014 11:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They're doing a good job adapting this. Some of the creepy atmosphere from the manga is lost, but in return, the anime delivers the feels more strongly, specially in this episode when he sees his mother. I've been looking forward to this episode for a while now. The story is only going to get better from now on guys.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 5, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2014
wtf?

so many developments but this one was obvious as it was already spoiled in the opening where you can see his mother was going to become a parasyte, did not expect it so soon though
Nov 5, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2010
So thats how it feels to be killed by a mother's impostor..

anyway i must agree that too much bullying in this episode

and the dubstep was totally okay.

eXtacy67 said:
wtf?

so many developments but this one was obvious as it was already spoiled in the opening where you can see his mother was going to become a parasyte at one point

and that's why you should never watch OPs if you are good at predicting plot (even if they are cool D:)
Nov 5, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
Lylaaz said:
So thats how it feels to be killed by a mother's impostor..

anyway i must agree that too much bullying in this episode

and the dubstep was totally okay.

eXtacy67 said:
wtf?

so many developments but this one was obvious as it was already spoiled in the opening where you can see his mother was going to become a parasyte at one point

and that's why you should never watch OPs if you are good at predicting plot (even if they are cool D:)

But I like watching openings :(
Nov 5, 2014 11:54 AM
Jun 2014
Love the music when his mom come home, but that dubstep is misplaced.
Nov 5, 2014 11:55 AM
Mar 2013
dub is great and this episode was epic <3
Nov 5, 2014 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
Art/Animation: On point this episode. Nothing TOO extravagant but it did it's job. I especially liked the good use of alleyways and shading inside the house to convey an uncomfortable atmosphere. Also, the design of Kana's boyfriend has changed immensely and I actually prefer it a lot to the manga because in the manga he looked fairly generic. Glad they put effort into character designs.

Music: Same as the previous episode, lots of atmospheric pieces mixed in with some alright pieces. Nothing but, nothing amazing. Voice acting for some was unbelievably good though.. I have to say though, the voice acting of some of the parasites does feel a tad.. amateurish... not bad just.. monotone... Not sure how I feel about it despite hearing it for the past several episodes... Not that it doesn't fit them though, it does.

Story+Characters:

Kana has arrived, so happy(Though she is somewhat the cause of 1 aspect of the manga I didn't really like... but we don't see it much yet). Gotta say though, the episode overall was splendidly done, probably the best episode yet just for the amount that happened without it feeling rushed at all and it was executed very well.

Shinichi questioning what makes humans different from parasites so that he can confirm that he is still human. Though I must say I didn't notice before but this is kind of interesting... by doing this stuff to confirm his humanity it kind of makes him appear less human doesn't it? Seeing as Murano stated that she doesn't know anyone who would risk their life to the extent he does despite knowing he would lose.

On to the last bit of the episode though. So glad they fleshed out the mother before killing her, so many times you see nameless characters die in brutal ways and you don't care at all but they made that have so much impact. The father especially, seeing his face filled with utter shock and terror as her head is lopped off so easily. They didn't make it over-dramatic, she died exactly the same way all who die by parasites do.

The final scene of Shinichi confronting his mother, he knows she isn't who she was anymore but his mind doesn't work properly, he feels like he needs to tell her what is going on, he blames himself for letting her go, blames Migi for convincing him to let her go thus leading to him holding Migi back.

Very well done episode.
Nov 5, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2014
rinkel said:

Very true! A very serious moment and emotion filled is quickly ruined by the dubstep. It may be okay somewhat for the fight scenes but its really stupidly place here

Jul 2009
ROFL. what a fucking retard.
thank god that ending happened.
hopefully now migi will give him some MC op power up like rewiring his idiocy.

Aug 2013
Wow. Just wow. Best episode for now.
5/5
Really it starting to be great.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 5, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing episode.

Kana makes her appearance.

The gang fight was great.

oh and boy dat cliffhanger even though i read the manga.

Next episode is where things really start to pick up.
Nov 5, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Just a reminder that asking for, or providing links to streaming sites for episodes is against the MAL Site & Forum Guidelines and will result in your post being removed. If you wish to check out the official simulcasts of series there is a topic on the news forum which will give you links.

And yeah, that was a pretty intense episode. Not only did he get a pretty clear indication that he now has a girlfriend, but we had the introduction of Kana, who looks to be someone important in the series, and the takeover of his mom. Not to mention the impalement by said taken-over mom...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 5, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2010
rinkel said:

Dubstep totally ruined the whole scene for me but it still was very powerful and best ep so far.
Nov 5, 2014 12:05 PM

Oct 2014
Oh fuck how could that happen to Shinchi's parents.
Nov 5, 2014 12:07 PM

Mar 2014
Tres_Bandidas said:
Oh fuck how could that happen to Shinchi's parents.

No one saw this twist coming!
And I don't see the problem with the dubstep, it's not like this was meant to be an emotional scene.
Nov 5, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
Holy fuck that ending. Dubstep or no, that was just bone chilling seeing. the whole process his mind went through in that moment. Shinichi's desperation to reaffirm his humanity also came across very well. The writing builds up to plot developments really well, which leaves Madhouse to execute themes and character conflicts as well as they do. Definitely feels like this is about to ramp up.
Nov 5, 2014 12:08 PM

Jun 2013
Would have been better if i didn't get spoiled about his mom dying.
Nov 5, 2014 12:09 PM

Aug 2012
Amazing episode...
Great OST
Nov 5, 2014 12:10 PM

May 2012
well damn....
Nov 5, 2014 12:11 PM
Oct 2010
Great ep, and I guess I'm the only person who hasn't heard the dubstep throughout the entire series so far lol.. the BGM feels non existent to me.
Nov 5, 2014 12:15 PM
Jun 2013
Kana is finally there! Good sieyuu choice. Really fits her. And damn, she looks actually pretty sexy in this anime.

This is where Kiseijuu becomes good actually. Only two episodes to go until badass Shinichi! Can't wait!

And I really love the OST in this one. Idc about the dubstep, it just fits this Anime's vibe.
Nov 5, 2014 12:17 PM

Dec 2012
Migi never misses the opportunity to learn more:

I liked this shot. Shinichi rationalizes his mom would never let a Migi slide, yet - there's the mom he loves, being "the monster":

Despite the spoils in the OP, the mom thing is theme in the series (for a reason).

I think in this episode Shinichi's tendency to dream about stuff in a very peculiar way and having being absolutely uncommon to him in his past, is important to note as well:

Apparently, zytes who have matured in the head, could migrate to another body, but, as Migi said in the previous episode, it was risky. Male and female bodies are distinctly different, even if the place for maturation is the brain. B/w species and, perhaps, b/w hosts with a significant age gap, as well.

Kana.

I expected less to happen in this episode, tbh, but it ended in the most intriguing place :D
Nov 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2008
Barion-Zara said:

The first half was pretty cool too with Kana. Already loving her a lot and voiced by SawaMiyuki to add <3 I'm gonna love this girl. KanaHana and SawaMiyuki being the main girls <3

This is probably my favorite thing about the anime. I prefer manga version of Shinichi but I'm loving the anime versions of the girls. Kana is perfect <3

And soon, we will get an Akira Ishida character. I can't wait :D

This episode was the first time the dubstep really bothered me. It ruined the scene at the end.
Nov 5, 2014 12:23 PM

Oct 2013
I really get irritated with whiny MCs but his reaction is understandable. Or maybe it was just his whiny voice, idk... Pretty good episode though, but dubstep sucks it just doesn't fit, way to ruin the atmosphere at the end..
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 5, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
kinda knew his parents weren't going to come home alive but still i went damnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Nov 5, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2013
Now let's see how he's going to survive that
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 5, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2014
the second i seen his parents watching the sunset i was sure one of them was gonna die lol.

i kinda was expecting the mc to go full rage mode when he was being bullied
Nov 5, 2014 12:33 PM

Feb 2014
Why, why why whyw awysha
The thing I didn't want to happen just happened.. goddammit.
This anime is so good!
Nov 5, 2014 12:34 PM
Sep 2013
Man the last few mins of this episodes had me on the edge and that cliffhanger. Of the anime I seen this had to be on the saddest way for a parents death. Wish he would of taught those bullies a lesson instead of just getting beat up.
Nov 5, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
Oh my god...why? Why did they have to kill Shinichi's mom?! That's so cruel! I hope his father is alive in some way, although it looks bad for him...;_;

Nov 5, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
It's unbelievable how fast a character can turn from being a cool badass to retarded coward all in one episode.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 5, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't care too much for the first half. But the 2 nod half was amazing!!! Poor Shinichi being stabbed by his own mother.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

22 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.