Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2014 5:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was cute. Really liked how the girls came together while doing exploring in a more local area. It might not be tall mountains but that park is still a breath of fresh air imo.

Nice food this episode too.
Nov 5, 2014 5:14 AM

Nov 2007
Shinrin (Forest) Park and not mountain climbing once in a while. They are back to little girls. Walking on historical path is kind of like (easier) mountain climbing. Several "missions" to overcome height. (Thought so, that random girl is voiced by Yui-chan)

Then bento showing everyone's personality (well, almost because the friend gets help by her father).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 5, 2014 8:43 AM

Dec 2011
Getting up at 3AM to make lunch for your daughter?

Yeah, think of it as a bouncy hill. Far easier than that suspension bridge. Or that zipwire thing, to be honest.

Nice episode that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 5, 2014 8:53 AM

Jul 2010
This park seemed like a lot of fun!

The playground with such a big slide and other things to play!

All those bento! Hinata's dad waking up at 3 AM to make it.

Whenever I go on a suspension bridge, I still think whether it would break or not knowing that it wouldn't.

Those bouncy hill really seemed like fun. Really liked the peculiar relationship Aoi and Hinata has!
Nov 5, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2013
Easily one of the best episodes I have watched in Yama no Susume. The cast acting like adorable kids is so wonderful!

At least Aoi has almost got rid of her fear of heights - she just need her friends to accompany along! Very sweet... too sweet indeed for *ahem* something extra.

Hope to see their next mountain adventure, and probably meeting the new character.
Nov 5, 2014 11:35 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Is it just me or did the animation seem different than it normally does in this episode? lol. I'm gonna' miss the old ED song.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Nov 5, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2012
That was really nice from her friends, to help her overcome the fear of heights.

Nice episode.
Nov 5, 2014 2:39 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
Far easier than that suspension bridge.
But it only swayed a little bit.
Nov 5, 2014 3:49 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
LOL Kaede! XD

Aside that, the park attractions were quite entertaining. Some of them I've never actually seen until now!

Those lunch boxes were amazing! Hinata acting all smug while commenting on everyone's lunch boxes was hilarious! Well, she did have a grand one herself to back her up, though it's all thanks to her dad.

Suspension bridge scene was pretty nice! Hinata is easily Aoi's best friend to help her out at the critical times. (^^)

Good episode. Still waiting for the new girl to make her debut..

Nov 5, 2014 5:20 PM

Apr 2013
Toarujisuru said:
Is it just me or did the animation seem different than it normally does in this episode?

I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed. Outside of the livelier animation, the characters honestly don't look like they fit into the scene that well in some parts. It kinda threw me off.

I want to go to that park.
Nov 5, 2014 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
That was a nice and cute episode. The animations, especially the walking/jogging animations seemed different but I wasn't too bothered by it. I am very happy with Hinata's and Aoi's relationship, they're so cute together~ Hinata and Aoi are the cutest friends~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 5, 2014 9:40 PM

Dec 2010
Very cute episode! It was nice to see everyone having fun. Plus Aoi and Hinata's friendship is really cute.

But do you know what was cutest about this episode?

KOKONA'S HAIR! WHY CAN'T IT ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT?
Nov 6, 2014 2:26 AM

May 2010
Did this show get even more budget than it already had? how fearsome! The animation is even more superb now.

Dem bentos. What a nice dad Hinata has.

That fall tho xD

Nice photos. I liked the 1+2 =3 thing.

Loving the ED.
Nov 6, 2014 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
Lil-Bird said:
Toarujisuru said:
Is it just me or did the animation seem different than it normally does in this episode?

I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed. Outside of the livelier animation, the characters honestly don't look like they fit into the scene that well in some parts. It kinda threw me off.

I want to go to that park.

Probably because like half of the scenes were rotoscoped, but I like it, it was well done and it fits this show well and this episode needed all this animation, was rather lacking in previous ones (especially the last one) and really the characters don't stick out any more than they did before, but since this episode was more of an outdoor one they end up sticking out a bit more since the backgrounds are mainly filtered photographs, while interiors are usually all drawn. I hope they use it again but I'm doubting it.

Overall this episode was great, the park reminded of a nearby park around here that we used to go to on school trips, made me feel a bit nostalgic since we did the exact same things they did.
Nov 6, 2014 9:43 PM

Dec 2011
https://twitter.com/nutszero1/status/529837314793422848

^ the actual place.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 8, 2014 2:26 AM

Oct 2013
Paulo27 said:
Lil-Bird said:

Probably because like half of the scenes were rotoscoped
not everything that is well animated is automatically rotoscoped. it was just the talent of the very skilled young animator Ryouma Ebata (Busou Shinki. Sora no Method ED). Since he wasn't only the animation director but also animated this whole episode on his own, the characters were completely drawn in his own style.

awesome episode
Nov 11, 2014 6:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Brobot said:
not everything that is well animated is automatically rotoscoped. it was just the talent of the very skilled young animator Ryouma Ebata (Busou Shinki. Sora no Method ED). Since he wasn't only the animation director but also animated this whole episode on his own, the characters were completely drawn in his own style.

Wow that makes so much sense! I honestly thought that for some reason the animation reminded me of Sora no Method's ED, the way the characters' limbs move as they walk, the fluidity of the movements; they were all very similar.

Best park ever. Such cool playgrounds, I wish I had visited such a place when I was younger.
kuuderes_shadow said:
https://twitter.com/nutszero1/status/529837314793422848

^ the actual place.

Looks so fun!
Nov 22, 2014 9:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
3am is very early to make lunch.

Aoi conquering her fears at the end as she was bouncing. The park is huge, 20 Tokyo Dome's could fit in there.

Dec 14, 2014 8:45 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty nice episode. I don't know why but I alway get nostalgic when watching this anime and watching girls having fun in the park was very enjoyable.

Paulo27 said:
Probably because like half of the scenes were rotoscoped, but I like it, it was well done and it fits this show well and this episode needed all this animation, was rather lacking in previous ones (especially the last one) and really the characters don't stick out any more than they did before, but since this episode was more of an outdoor one they end up sticking out a bit more since the backgrounds are mainly filtered photographs, while interiors are usually all drawn. I hope they use it again but I'm doubting it.

Yes, I noticed too. You can tell they did some very interesting angles in some scenes but it was good and felt so natural and as rotoscoping goes I didn't realize that until I saw your post here which is always good sign. They did some pretty good job there.
Mich666Dec 14, 2014 8:49 AM
Jan 16, 2015 11:37 AM

May 2012
Damn that was cute! Especially that ending with those bouncy mountains! Let's see what's next.
Nov 20, 2015 11:12 PM

Sep 2015

Ha, yama (山). I love it.
May 21, 2018 4:42 PM

Jul 2016
Probably the definition of a CGDCT episode. It was really nice.
Oct 15, 2019 12:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Amusement park episode, it was funny.
Apr 13, 2020 4:54 AM

Sep 2016
great character animation in this episode
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jan 25, 2021 12:56 AM

Feb 2020
Those lunch boxes looked so pretty.

SerafosJan 6, 2:36 AM
Apr 18, 2021 2:45 AM

Aug 2018
Park can be nice in a good weather.. So far girls were lucky with weather all the time, by the way.. ;D Well, except for not being able to swim in some river in some episode before.. But well, I don't know, how good is weather on the average in Japan.. In my country.. Well.. Our country's name is even partially named after rain.. ;D So yeah.. We're dark and rainy country, really, and sunny days or something is more of an exception here, really.. There are some sometimes..
Nov 29, 2022 1:30 PM

Nov 2018
Overcoming your fears by moving your attention to something else can work wonders. I think, to some degree, this method can work with certain sensations of pain. I had a similar experience as Aoi.

I learned pretty late to ice skate. Since I was already an adult, I had lost the child's carefreeness. I was permanently frightened that I would fall or hit other people. Consequently, I was moving very slowly, glued to the buoy, and being in everyone's way 😅. I hardly enjoyed myself, haha. Rather, I had headaches because of stress, haha.

But when my friends suggested playing tag on ice, things completely changed for me. I got so immersed in the game that I forgot all my fears 😂. I moved swiftly, I fell, but I rose again with ease, and, most of all, I got speed! It was as if I was flying! All I needed was to stop thinking about what skating meant.

With bridges, it's a bit harder, though. Especially when I walk on a wooden squeaking bridge, all I can think of is that it will break under me 😂. If I was in Aoi's shoes, I would likely hold firmly onto one of the bridge's sides.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jun 14, 2023 1:07 PM

Oct 2018
While this show always looked competent, the episode did look above average. Surprised to find out it's a solo effort from Ebata. Nice way to return to this show,

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2014

23 by Sommernacht »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume Second Season Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

30 by Sommernacht »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:16 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2014

32 by Sommernacht »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:07 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

35 by Sommernacht »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

29 by Sommernacht »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.