Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 27, 2014 10:43 PM

Aug 2006
As much as I love Mamura, I was hoping that Suzume would end up with Sensei. After investing so many chapters exploring their relationship, it was difficult for me to switch gears and root for Mamura. I know that Sensei has no one but himself to blame for losing Suzume, but I had hoped that they could have overcome every obstacle and show that their love really did mean something special, something that would last for a long time.

Anyways, even though I was disheartened about the outcome, I really did enjoy this manga. Suzume and Yuyuka were quite unique characters, and I couldn't help but grin stupidly every time Mamura blushed around Suzume. A very good manga overall!
Dec 29, 2014 7:10 PM
Jul 2012
mannnn i am sooo happy with this outcome. i shipped them so hard since the beginning. mamuras face was so cute when she told him she loved him! >.<
Jan 2, 2015 3:18 PM
Jul 2010
Yeah, like some I felt the ending was lacking. Rushed? Maybe, but it's still acceptable. Some others said that they can't understand the thought process and I actually agree with that on a certain level as well. I was able to tell that Mamura was the one early on by the showing star that he saw with Suzume but it still up in the air for me as the story progressed. I could tell how Mamura was feeling after the festival and knew he was going to eventually push her into the sensei arms.

To be honest the only reason I think the mangaka explored Mamura's mother was to project the choice that Suzume was going to make and to make it more acceptable to the readers. In short, to illicit sympathy since the story still heavily favored the sensei.

In the end I could not really feel the love Suzume felt for Mamura. I till understood it but, perhaps the the art style the mangaka frequently placed upon Suzume diminished the feel of it and made it almost comedic.

I think it ended too fast there was no epilogue and I am truly a sucker for them. In the end the manga wasn't bad but I think they added comedy in the wrong way at some points and I didn't really connect with the characters like in other series. Maybe the thing missing was character development?
Jan 10, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2014
finally got around to reading the last chapter. pretty damn good manga from start to end.

respect to the mangaka for going against the "first guy wins" cliche.

also, that headbutt/tackle scene = hilarious!
Jan 14, 2015 4:40 PM
Jul 2013
I'm so happy that suzume ends up with mamura. But i'm a bit confused, i thought hnr has 87 chapters? But it was only 78 chapters~_~
Jan 18, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
So happy it end this way.

+1 - Sweet ending, can't really complain about it. 10/10
Jan 20, 2015 1:41 AM

Aug 2014
That twist of fate. This was unexpected.
I feel sorry for Shishio too but I wanted to see Suzume and Mamura as a real couple.

I can't wait for the next chapter ;___;
Jan 20, 2015 8:47 AM

Sep 2013
A bit confused towards the end but I think I get it. I get it - Youth. Mazume <3

Though I still feel for sensei OTL Hope the 'extra' chapters will help
Jan 26, 2015 11:14 PM

Oct 2013
YUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS

I didn't mind whoever she ended up with but I think Mamura has always been better for her!
Jan 27, 2015 10:03 AM

Feb 2009
She should be with Shishio! They would be a perfect couple. This ending is sad. :<
Jan 30, 2015 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
Niyu said:
She should be with Shishio! They would be a perfect couple. This ending is sad. :<

Hilarious.
Feb 3, 2015 5:44 PM

Jan 2012
I really did expect this ending, but it hurts to accept it. I guess I'm just a totally fangirl for Shishio Sensei. However it would had been quite cliche if she ended up with Shishio. Besides, the second guy in an animanga love triangle usually wins the girl's heart in the end.
teen drinking is very, very bad.
Feb 4, 2015 10:14 AM
Apr 2014
Well, Mamura did deserve this and Shishio knew it would end like that, he took too long to accept his feelings and he lost her, that's part of life.

I was totally rooting for Shishio the first 30~ chapters, but Mamura did get his place, he fought for it, I would've liked some more development on him, since their relationship was kinda rushed, that's all this manga needed so I could say it's a masterpiece, still.

Thanks HnR, you were such a great ride 9/10.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Feb 5, 2015 12:28 PM
Nov 2013
I didn't like the ending because i like sensei more but Mamura is still cute so it's okay.

overall good manga and the art was superb
Feb 6, 2015 8:05 AM

Feb 2009
Auralee16 said:
Niyu said:

Hilarious.
Why?
Feb 8, 2015 3:28 AM

Jul 2012
Sensei was the best. I'm blaming my sister for letting me read it. We both wanted her to end up with Sensei and in the end she chose Mamura.

I couldn't sleep well last night since I finished reading the last 50(?) chapters in one go to see if she will end up with Sensei and I was shocked D:

He was the best character in EVERYTHING I read/watched. That is why this is so heartbreaking.

I'm sure I'll be sad for the rest of the week and I'm sure I won't forget this story, and I'll regret reading this for my whole life.

Apr 15, 2015 8:50 AM

Feb 2008
Unexpected ending, but things were settled the way they're supposed to be. I think mamura deserved that happiness. But i just can't help feeling bad for sensei. I think it's unfair. They were separated due to their teacher-student position and probably due to those complicated issues they encountered as well. But since the very beginning I am rooting for sensei. But then as i read the story, mamura is really the best pair for suzume.

But I don't like the fact that she bacame both sensei and mamura's daytime shooting star. It made me feel more depressed for sensei. It's unfair for him (the second time i said it). :'( i feel happy for mamura but at the back of my mind i want sensei to be happy too.
Don't worry sensei I'm here for you. Lol!

All in all, this manga made me laugh, and cry, and cry some more to the point of having a hard time breathing. I've been in a roller coaster of feels for 6hours (as i read this all in one sitting). DAMN YOU LOVE! How can u be so unfair and cruel.
And i agree this manga does not explain how people fall in love.
No clear reason as to why they fall for the other, except for mamura of course. It's like they all fall in love with because of kindness (though i might buy that in real life). So yeah my reasoning is now twisted thanks to this manga. 10/10

Damn it. Now i can't get any work done at home. @_@
reiko64Apr 15, 2015 8:55 AM
... =_=

May 29, 2015 1:41 PM

May 2015
Its been awhile since I read this manga but I just wanted to comment that it is one of the few manga that had a very unexpected ending and I was quite disappointed by it. Don't get me wrong I liked both Sensei and Mamoru, and it's good that it's not always the first guy to get the girl but I feel the mangaka did not develop the relationship between Mamoru and Suzume enough to feel how Suzume could even come to that conclusion. Their relationship has always been lacking and her mind was always wandering towards Sensei, even when she was with Mamoru. Meh lol.
May 30, 2015 9:08 AM

Feb 2014
Ah! I love it when the MC chooses the character that you've been hoping for all along. Mamura was there for her with everything! The one she deserved. Shishio is gorgeous but wasn't reliable, I really like how she settled on the reliable :)

Sad to see this series come to an end. Thoroughly enjoyed it though~
Jun 3, 2015 7:17 PM

May 2015
She forced herself to love Mamura, how am I supposed to find this romantic? TRUE LOVE isn't something that is FORCED.
shoujo-fan said:
Its been awhile since I read this manga but I just wanted to comment that it is one of the few manga that had a very unexpected ending and I was quite disappointed by it. Don't get me wrong I liked both Sensei and Mamoru, and it's good that it's not always the first guy to get the girl but I feel the mangaka did not develop the relationship between Mamoru and Suzume enough to feel how Suzume could even come to that conclusion. Their relationship has always been lacking and her mind was always wandering towards Sensei, even when she was with Mamoru. Meh lol.

Thanks to the author's terrible writing. It's obvious she changed her mind after the result of Twitter polling.
Jul 7, 2015 3:30 AM

Mar 2014
LisaDeeb said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Now, as for the manga, I have a lot of problem with it, mainly in the beginning where people just fall in love so fast, I wondered if I have missed a chapter or two, Suzume just seems to fall for Shishio almost immediately, and I see no reason for Shishio to like Suzume back at all. They are not the only ones.

I liked Yuyuka, despite the problem I had with her because of the author's poor writing (no offense), but the moment she just seemed to get over Mamura and fall for Tagyuu instead was just so.. ehh. Like I said, I really wondered if I missed something, it didn't flow well, and until the very end, I just couldn't care about the Yuyuka x Tagyuu ship at all.

I have a lot more problems with the series, but these are the main ones. I can't say I haven't enjoyed reading 78 chapters of Hirunaka no Ryuusei though. I wish there was 1 or 2 more chapters (/epilogue) for the Mazume fans.

I am also searching for a manga like this one, where the 2nd and the best guy ends up with the girl, if you guys know more, please do drop me a message. I appreciate your effort.
j

It's great that I'm not the only one who noticed that there was absolutely no reason for Sensei to fall for Suzume. I actually understand why Mamura loves her, but not sensei. That was poorly executed.

Oh well, still one of my fav.

I completely agree, even though I prefer Shishio's personality to Mamura, falling in love with Suzume was out of the blue and I was puzzled throughout the whole series about it. Even so, I liked all Shizume interactions and I was cheering for them.

Now about the ending, I was frankly disappointed. Suzume was obviously in love with Shishio until the last chapter where he confessed to her. She was deeply in love with him so I find it hard to believe that she fell in love with Mamura and chose him over sensei. Plus, she hadn't shown any interest towards Mamura until she broke up and their relationship was not developed enough imo.
Personally, aside from the pairing I wished for, I found the ending too sudden and poorly written. It seemed to me like Suzume chose Mamura just because he cherished her so much, like she just put her feelings aside to prioritize Mamura. In other words, I think that the mangaka made a 180 degrees turn in the last couple of chapters. Not to mention that Shishio, who was on the focus for more than half of the chapters, was tossed aside for too long only to highlight Mamura.
Jul 8, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2013
Wow screw that. I'm seriously disappointed. 6/10
Rushed or not, the pairing was lame.
Plus she sucks at writing as story, holy shit.

Let's develop the couple the whole manga and then pair her with the annoying kid anyway.
feet_pics_uwuJul 8, 2015 10:32 PM
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Jul 23, 2015 4:40 PM

Oct 2014
I would have hated this manga if Suzume didn't end up with Mamura in the end! But she did so everything is good ^.^ ♥

Aug 2, 2015 6:15 PM
Feb 2015
Wait MAL says theres 86 chapters but everywhere I looked I only found up to chapter 78 in English, has anyone ever seen more chapters than that?
Aug 12, 2015 4:10 AM

Aug 2014
jimblejamble said:
Wait MAL says theres 86 chapters but everywhere I looked I only found up to chapter 78 in English, has anyone ever seen more chapters than that?

Same doubt here.
Aug 14, 2015 10:03 PM
Jul 2015
shishio .....
Aug 25, 2015 10:50 PM
Dec 2014
Loved the ending.
Aug 31, 2015 6:24 PM

Mar 2012
jimblejamble said:

i think the other 8 chapters are the extra ones, the main story ends at chapter 78
Sep 26, 2015 6:46 AM

Feb 2009
Never been this happy ~ It ended just how I hoped it would. Gaaahhh I'm really really happy!
嵐 <3 二宮 和也のこころ

Sep 27, 2015 11:49 AM

May 2013
8/10 Wheres the timeskip chapter?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 29, 2015 5:38 PM

Apr 2012
SweetCoconut said:
8/10 Wheres the timeskip chapter?

If your talking about mamura and suzume six years later it's not translated yet
Nov 23, 2015 8:47 AM
Mar 2010
Who the hell cares if you're disappointed?
Who the hell cares if your ship didn't end up sailing?

Mamura deserved to be loved. Period.

Good thing Suzume realized it before she ends up being trapped in the past of a BROKEN first love that ended up confusing her to the point she almost conveniently allowed herself to be enveloped by Sensei's confession.

In the end, first love usually is so sweet as depicted in this series. That's why a lot of people here are so confuse to the fact that Suzume only loved Sensei and not Mamura. Get a taste of reality mates, she MOVED on and while there's no popular saying about second loves, sometimes it might be better than the first.

8/10.
Nov 28, 2015 3:13 AM
Nov 2015
So I know I'm pretty late to hop on the band wagon of this manga, and probably no one will even see my post, but honestly I just needed to vent my reaction of the end of it. I have never before felt so many emotions in the time span of two hours that it took me to read the entire story. Holy shit... I didn't even know I could be impacted so much by a fictional manga. Leading up to the last chapter, I just fell in love with the idea of suzume and shishio being together, and I had just always subconsciously assumed that they would end up together, and don't get me wrong I loved mamura's character throughout it all, but when I read the last chapter, it's like I was hit with a ton of bricks. This internal conflict is just nagging at my thought process. I love that suzume and mamura fell in love with eachother, but how could the author put me through this emotional roller coaster and expect me to be like "ehh that was a pretty good way to end it". I cried when suzume told shishio that she doesn't love feel the same for him anymore, and it was like I was super sad but I had to also be happy because the love between suzume and mamura was so beautiful. I don't understand what's going on with me. Is this even normal?. Should a person really be so conflicted with a fictional story? It just feels like the story filled my heart up with love, and then stabbed the shit out of it, and then tried to fix it by slapping a band aid on it. Maybe I'm just fucking crazy and I let a fictional universe affect me too much. Or maybe I need to take a breather from manga. I don't even know. I'm sorry that this shit is about an essay long and about two years late, but I honestly don't know how to handle these feelings inside of me. Ehhh I need to chill, thanks for letting me speak my mind, I probably sound crazy. Haha -.-
I_triedNov 28, 2015 3:27 AM
Nov 28, 2015 4:18 PM

Mar 2015
I_tried said:
So I know I'm pretty late to hop on the band wagon of this manga, and probably no one will even see my post, but honestly I just needed to vent my reaction of the end of it. I have never before felt so many emotions in the time span of two hours that it took me to read the entire story. Holy shit... I didn't even know I could be impacted so much by a fictional manga. Leading up to the last chapter, I just fell in love with the idea of suzume and shishio being together, and I had just always subconsciously assumed that they would end up together, and don't get me wrong I loved mamura's character throughout it all, but when I read the last chapter, it's like I was hit with a ton of bricks. This internal conflict is just nagging at my thought process. I love that suzume and mamura fell in love with eachother, but how could the author put me through this emotional roller coaster and expect me to be like "ehh that was a pretty good way to end it". I cried when suzume told shishio that she doesn't love feel the same for him anymore, and it was like I was super sad but I had to also be happy because the love between suzume and mamura was so beautiful. I don't understand what's going on with me. Is this even normal?. Should a person really be so conflicted with a fictional story? It just feels like the story filled my heart up with love, and then stabbed the shit out of it, and then tried to fix it by slapping a band aid on it. Maybe I'm just fucking crazy and I let a fictional universe affect me too much. Or maybe I need to take a breather from manga. I don't even know. I'm sorry that this shit is about an essay long and about two years late, but I honestly don't know how to handle these feelings inside of me. Ehhh I need to chill, thanks for letting me speak my mind, I probably sound crazy. Haha -.-

You are not the only one. I also feel the same way.
Dec 13, 2015 3:00 AM

Aug 2015
This will go down in history as 1 of the very best Shoujo !!!
1 more thing..Sensei Fans try this Manga to heal your broken heart like I did _
Taiyou No Le
Dec 13, 2015 9:14 PM

Jun 2014
nanyatimz said:
Who the hell cares if you're disappointed?
Who the hell cares if your ship didn't end up sailing?

Mamura deserved to be loved. Period.

Good thing Suzume realized it before she ends up being trapped in the past of a BROKEN first love that ended up confusing her to the point she almost conveniently allowed herself to be enveloped by Sensei's confession.

In the end, first love usually is so sweet as depicted in this series. That's why a lot of people here are so confuse to the fact that Suzume only loved Sensei and not Mamura. Get a taste of reality mates, she MOVED on and while there's no popular saying about second loves, sometimes it might be better than the first.

8/10.
The ending of HnR is literally forced to please the fans. The whole last chapter shits on Suzume's character , suddenly turns it into Mamura's story , shits on Shishio by turning him into just a plot device for the last 25 or so chapters, leaves big plot holes like Suzume not finding out the reason as to why Shishio left her , never finding out that her uncle was a part of it and MOST OF ALL leaving your boyfriend when he sees that you still love your first love and tells you to go and met him and she goes there just to reject him. There is no build-up for that, i can understand shocking the fans but even that should make some sense. Also Shishio was a far better character than Mamura(Typical kuddere with shy personality) and had some actual depth. The last chapter showed that Suzume only loved her ideal vision of Shishio and not who he is an an individual and that makes no sense to her actions in the second last chapter. Also Mamura was way too possessive about Suzume , he just took advantage of the oportunity to get her.
It's not about Shishio fans being salty but about how illogical and forced the ending is i.e. there is no build-up for that. Also Yamamori-sensei herself realized that she wasted Shisio's potential as a character and is thinking of writing a new manga about Shishio and Samejima.
Dec 14, 2015 6:02 AM

Nov 2007
CutePriest said:
Also Yamamori-sensei herself realized that she wasted Shisio's potential as a character and is thinking of writing a new manga about Shishio and Samejima.

Like that will ever happen.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 15, 2015 4:33 AM

Jun 2014
shanimebib said:
CutePriest said:
Also Yamamori-sensei herself realized that she wasted Shisio's potential as a character and is thinking of writing a new manga about Shishio and Samejima.

If it does happen then she will be able able to redeem herself a bit after giving that shitty forced ending. If it happens it want it to have Shishio writing a story for a shoujo manga and Samejima editing it. Also these two look perfect together. I really want to see a complete story about these two.
CutePriestDec 15, 2015 4:36 AM
Dec 20, 2015 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
CutePriest said:
shanimebib said:

If it does happen then she will be able able to redeem herself a bit after giving that shitty forced ending. If it happens it want it to have Shishio writing a story for a shoujo manga and Samejima editing it. Also these two look perfect together. I really want to see a complete story about these two.

What you have said is too good to happen! But I wouldn't mind if that were to happen. At least she is considered as the main character of Tonari no Otoko and that makes me a bit happy for the time being.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2015 10:15 AM
Dec 2012
Sensei deserved better
Curry-Kun said:
I notice the current trend that if you don't like a same-gender relationship regardless of what the reason might be, people would demonize you as if you're Hitler reincarnation or something.
Dec 22, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2015
I love Mamura.. Great Ending for me! Hahahaha. I never like Sensei, not even once... <3
Jan 24, 2016 4:10 PM
Jan 2016
I hate this end!!! How could she choose Mamura? I mean, I like Mamura, but Shishio... Waaahhh!! *rage* ; - ;
I wanted it to be Shishio so badly! ; - ; And the end was so rushed! Where did that come from? All the time she had Shishio in her mind (except for the moments when Mamura was around) and then she chose Mamura? I don't get it... (and I don't want...) *pissed*
Mar 22, 2016 9:27 PM
Feb 2016
It's okay sensei can be with me :)
Mar 22, 2016 9:27 PM
Feb 2016
vorsicht_bissig said:
I hate this end!!! How could she choose Mamura? I mean, I like Mamura, but Shishio... Waaahhh!! *rage* ; - ;
I wanted it to be Shishio so badly! ; - ; And the end was so rushed! Where did that come from? All the time she had Shishio in her mind (except for the moments when Mamura was around) and then she chose Mamura? I don't get it... (and I don't want...) *pissed*
same................
Jun 8, 2016 9:03 PM
Sep 2015
Sensei! NOOOO~
Why? Why my OTP never can be together? It's so heartbreaking.
I love this manga so much, but the same time I hate it. Because in the end it's broke my heart.
So much feelings...

9/10
Jun 18, 2016 6:14 PM
Jun 2016
I feel so heatt broken for Sensei ugggh
Jul 2, 2016 9:51 PM
Oct 2014
i'm still not over this ending kmskmskmskms
blasé
Jul 26, 2016 12:00 PM
Jul 2016
Aaaah i dont like this end at all..... I feel sorry for satsuki..... :') damn it
soumiJul 26, 2016 12:11 PM
Jul 27, 2016 6:13 AM

Apr 2016
I want to cry, that was so cute. I never wanted her to end up with Mamura but I feel like this is how it was supposed to be all along.
Sep 4, 2016 5:20 PM

Sep 2009
honestly i'm not too sure about the ending. i was rooting for mamura from the start because while suzume's relationship with sensei was cute and sweet at times, it could never work and would ultimately end up with a lot of bitter emotions because of society's judgments and attitudes towards their student teacher relationship. i could appreciate how flawed everyone was and how characters were much more than one dimensional and through their characteristics and their choices, the story felt a lot more realistic. though with suzume's portrayal i really didn't feel like she deserved mamura for a majority of the second half of the series--and to a lesser extent, the finale, but i'm happy they ended up together because as a whole i enjoyed mamura as a person a lot more and it was satisfying to see him find happiness even if i didn't necessarily enjoy the person he found it with. i did love how much most of the characters grew throughout the series though.

another issue i had was that for how long the series was i didn't feel like i was invested in these relationships because of how suddenly people would fall in love or fall out of love in certain points. but that was definitely just my opinion. it made for a very bizarre experience where i knew i was supposed to feel someone's pain or someone's elation, but i never really did.

while i don't think the ending of the series was particularly rushed, i do feel that this chapter, as a finale, was rushed. we get sensei and suzume's "confessions" to each other, but then suddenly it's over, and while that made sense, it was really jarring for sensei's story to end like that considering he was a main character in the first half, and a major character at least by the second half. we get closure for that relationship, but it's still severely lacking because we don't see the aftermath of how the two deal with that and it's disappointing to see one of the key players of this story dealt with like kind of an afterthought.

i hate to sound too critical of the series though because i did enjoy it for the most part, the ending just left a bit of a disagreeable feeling in me.

that said, i felt that yuyuka's progression throughout the series made sense. all her life she's had people like her and fawn over her because she's "beautiful" so to speak so it makes sense that she's interested in mamura--someone who breaks apart from the fold. and with his rejection it makes sense for her to come to terms with her own misunderstood feelings towards him and to develop a real love towards someone else. it was immensely satisfying to see her get a happy ending in the end where she falls in love with togyuu and the course of that relationship that we got to see was well thought out and logical and realistic in my eyes.
xxSaspraSep 4, 2016 5:23 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Grooming?

smurdles - Feb 5

1 by LucielEsford »»
Feb 5, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 29 Discussion

ImNotLulexiaa - Oct 14, 2013

13 by is_eee »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:51 PM

» Best shojo manga

Nineshiru - May 22, 2023

2 by anudit_05_singh »»
Jun 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

7 by BlazeFireball »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

10 by SakuraCheri »»
Oct 27, 2022 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.