Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2009 12:30 AM

Nov 2008
Well now I know why. Thanks to those who tried to explain.And to the not so kind words well no need for that now. I was just stating my opinion back then.

:)
la_tigraMar 18, 2010 7:15 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 9, 2009 12:33 AM

Apr 2009
Because it doesn't deserve a score over 8.00?
Nov 9, 2009 12:35 AM

Oct 2008
because a shounen show with a huge number of fanboys generally has a huge hate-base as well.
simo000Nov 9, 2009 12:38 AM
Nov 9, 2009 3:46 AM

Apr 2009
Probably fillers has alot to do with it.
Nov 9, 2009 3:49 AM

Oct 2008
you've only seen 49 episdoes.. wait til you get to the fillers in the middle of an arc
Nov 9, 2009 3:55 AM

Oct 2007
Because, despite what the fanboys would have you believe, Bleach isn't really that good.
It is average but stupidly long.
It appears average but stupidly long manga/anime tend to have huge fanbases, who grow deluded the more they read/watch. Just look at Naruto.

I like Bleach, but the filler and stupidly long fights bore me. The only good thing about Bleach is Aizen.

But yeah, I'd say 8.0 is a bit too high for Bleach. It about a 7 for me.
Though my Bleach fanboy boyfriend would disagree.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Nov 9, 2009 6:54 AM

Nov 2009
shoxk said:
you've only seen 49 episdoes.. wait til you get to the fillers in the middle of an arc

I've seen 85 episodes, don't care about the fillers though.
Bleh.
Nov 9, 2009 10:24 AM
Mar 2008
la_tigra said:
Well as you can see the score is below 80..

I mean Bleach is one of the most decent anime for me and is one of the TOP 5 favorites here on MAL...So why the low score?

Any comments?

what do you expect from a show that has more fillers than non filler episodes? and half of the non filler episodes have 5 minutes of actual action after you got past the 5 - 7 minute recap, the 4 min op + ed and the other 10 minutes of staring contests. be happy its higher rated than naruto, wich actually has a far better filler/non filler ratio and episodes that last longer than 5 minutes. + all in all a better manga -> anime conversion..

if bleach didn't have fillers (not counting the recaps that take up half an ep) it would be down to +-120 episodes instead of 240+

even though i rated it an 8 (i skipped all the fillers) it actually deserves more around the 7 mark. but even then if you skip all the fillers it still is pretty average because it has to many characters and not enough story. if you look at one piece for example they can stay weeks ahead of the manga without having to barge into fillers ever 5 episodes because the manga actualy has story and dialogue,some episodes are 1 chapter = episode and it has a perfect pace. in bleach the mangaka is to busy drawing double pages of feet and attack effects instead of actually progessing the story. so you sometimes have 3 chapters in an episode and it still feels dragged out.. naruto , one piece and D.gray-man are far better in that area.
zajNov 9, 2009 10:37 AM
Nov 9, 2009 3:07 PM

Oct 2008
InsanityFighter said:
shoxk said:

I've seen 85 episodes, don't care about the fillers though.
this topic isn't about you, it's about la_tigra
Nov 9, 2009 3:13 PM

Sep 2008
The first two seasons of bleach launched itself as a great anime, with good fight scenes and plot. Ever since then it has been declining. The fighting animation got sloppy and the story got slow and repetitive. I once gave it a 9 (somewhere around the Ichigo VS Buyakuya fight) but now I give it a 7... and that's being generous.

PS. I really can't stand that fucking song they've used over and over and over, you know the one sung by that soulful black chick.
Nov 9, 2009 3:16 PM

Jan 2009
Bleach started out good. It was a decent Shounen with an intriguing plot. But it's characters become static, plot predictable and it ends up repeating itself, fight's sloppy and boring. It's gone down hill so much, after the Soul Society arc i would've given it a 7 but when i dropped it a 5 was a good score for it. Probably deserves below a 5 now.
Nov 9, 2009 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
The average score of a shonen anime should not exceed 8.00 unless it helps you in life, breaks the fourth wall and gives you free candy and money through the screen, and can cure cancer. Otherwise, it's a "I GIVE IT A 10!" "I GIVE IT A 1!" war between haters, lovers, and normal people.
Nov 9, 2009 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
I loved Bleach right up until they went to the soul society.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Nov 9, 2009 10:40 PM

Nov 2008
Bleach getting an 7 is fair, personally I enjoy having a series that gives me the security of not ending for awhile and thats why im a fanboy but for having a series that tries to be story driven and alot of episodes as well is something a shounen series can not pull off.
Nov 10, 2009 1:53 AM

Oct 2007
CDRW said:
I loved Bleach right up until they went to the soul society.

me too. The Aizen twist saved the Soul Society arc for me but even then it was a chore to finish it. The only reason I keep watching is because my boyfriend likes it and wants me to watch it. I like some eps but fall asleep during others.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Nov 10, 2009 7:54 AM

Jul 2007
The answer to this question is simple. There are too many people who are "dolphin haters". They hate anything that other people love. And since so many people love Bleach (the MAL score is certainly not a valid marker), there are so many people that hate it JUST because other people love it.

Now mind you, the amount of filler in Bleach is unbelievable and pure garbage, but the actually manga story is phenomenal, no matter what all the negative people say about it.

I just tend to ignore the negativity on the net, since they are all just sheep anyways, and will just follow along with the hate out there. It is a lot easier to be negative all the time, then be a positive person in society. But if you are a negative individual, and it is obvious if you are, you should think about the brutality of your actions and words.

The hate for bleach is a perfect example of this principle. But for all the people who do not like bleach just because its not really your type of manga/anime, then I am fine with that. But if you can like all the other garbage out there, and then say bleach is bad, then you are just a hypocrite.

If someone tries to refute my claim, I will go through your anime/manga list and show you all the garbage that you love.
Nov 10, 2009 9:25 AM

May 2009
I guess it's because Bleach is too popular and some people can't stand that for some reason.
Nov 10, 2009 3:05 PM

Apr 2008
I originally gave it a 7. But as it continued on, I dropped it to a 6 as I was enjoying fewer episodes. Now, I've dropped it to a 5 because there seem to be more episodes that bore me than I actually am excited about. It's the same episode every time only with different characters doing the fight scenes. A 5 still means I like it and will watch it. I just have so many other anime to watch that I consider better.
Nov 10, 2009 7:30 PM

Jul 2008
Bad-Lucky said:
The average score of a shonen anime should not exceed 8.00 unless its Gintama

fixed ;p

Nov 10, 2009 7:36 PM

Jul 2008
Novaangle18 said:

PS. I really can't stand that fucking song they've used over and over and over, you know the one sung by that soulful black chick.

You don't mean this do you? =p

I love that song that's Ichigo's "I'm tired of getting my ass kicked so its time to use my main character hax powers on you" theme song

Nov 10, 2009 8:01 PM
Sep 2007
renegade said:
The answer to this question is simple. There are too many people who are "dolphin haters". They hate anything that other people love. And since so many people love Bleach (the MAL score is certainly not a valid marker), there are so many people that hate it JUST because other people love it.

Now mind you, the amount of filler in Bleach is unbelievable and pure garbage, but the actually manga story is phenomenal, no matter what all the negative people say about it.

I just tend to ignore the negativity on the net, since they are all just sheep anyways, and will just follow along with the hate out there. It is a lot easier to be negative all the time, then be a positive person in society. But if you are a negative individual, and it is obvious if you are, you should think about the brutality of your actions and words.

The hate for bleach is a perfect example of this principle. But for all the people who do not like bleach just because its not really your type of manga/anime, then I am fine with that. But if you can like all the other garbage out there, and then say bleach is bad, then you are just a hypocrite.

If someone tries to refute my claim, I will go through your anime/manga list and show you all the garbage that you love.
This.

The only problem I have with Bleach is rather slow-paced plot, but even that changed in few last chapters.

Maybe it's repetitive, but who cares as long as it's entertaining and addictive.

And yeah, scores on MAL doesn't mean a shit, in fact, just few days ago, I read some guy gave 10/10 to LOGH without watching it, but cause some friend told him so.
Nov 11, 2009 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
VIZARDichigo said:
Bleach getting an 7 is fair, personally I enjoy having a series that gives me the security of not ending for awhile

+1

7 is very good for bleach
Nov 14, 2009 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
Bleach was awsome during the soul society arc. the longer filler arcs were not too bad either imho. I hate the 1-2 episode ones that just dont seem to fit in at all. Also the jumping b/w filler and the main story is completely disjointed. If one followed into the other seamlessly it wouldnt be so bad. Perhaps it should have been put on hold to give the manga time to gain distance on the anime.

edit: ohh its got a 9 atm from me :D but that could drop if it keeps this up :)
Nov 14, 2009 7:20 PM

Feb 2008
la_tigra said:

I mean Bleach is one of the most decent anime for me and is one of the TOP 5 favorites here on MAL...So why the low score?

Any comments?

just lol.
Nov 15, 2009 6:32 AM

Oct 2008
AddictedToAnime said:
Novaangle18 said:

I love that song that's Ichigo's "I'm tired of getting my ass kicked so its time to use my main character hax powers on you" theme song

I hate that song too! xD
It just doesn't fit with Bleach o.o Nah, at least that's my opinion.

On-topic: It's logical that every big shounen-serie has lovers and haters. I think Bleach has a pretty decent score. Though I'm in the Bountou-arc right now and thas sucks =_= I can't wait till it's over for me.
Nov 20, 2009 12:00 PM
Apr 2009
Because all anyone wants to do is complain because its the "cool" thing to do. I see people say how bad Bleach is, then I look at their list and sometimes even their sig and see the worst shows rated above 8. And to this day I stil don't get the whole "kubo draws feet thing" I'm guessing its something dumb that happened once or something?
Nov 20, 2009 7:56 PM

Jan 2009
Bleach was about a 9 for me until the bounto arc. It's gone up and down since then but is currently a 7 for me. Only thing that will save it's quality is a return the original feel of the first arc but it won't happen as people will watch it regardless. That said i still love a lot of the characters and design of bleach including the backstory and ideas, the writing is just terrible.
Nov 25, 2009 5:17 PM
Jul 2008
AddictedToAnime said:
Novaangle18 said:

That song is really good until the whole "WOAAAAAA WOAAA YEA YEA YEA"
The vocals kill it.
Nov 25, 2009 6:00 PM

Dec 2007
The Bleach anime loses all steam after episode 63. It's got a few gems scattered about after that, but it's mostly horrific. Making an opinion on Bleach based on the anime is like making an opinion on Batman based on "Batman and Robin."

Bleach manga is king.
Nov 25, 2009 7:54 PM

Nov 2008
Now I already watch until episode 70..
I think the plot is really great. The story just got all messed up..I think Soul Society arc is much better.
Nov 25, 2009 8:51 PM

Jul 2009
@la_tigra: You're annoying
Haruhi = Win!
Nov 26, 2009 9:03 AM

Aug 2008
The score doesn't really matter. It's how you rate it. Don't let the score judge the anime since there are quite good anime out there that are below 7 as well. It's a matter of preference/opinions.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Nov 26, 2009 6:09 PM

Nov 2008
renegade said:
And there's a hundred times as many sheep on the positive side. I've seen some pretty good arguments in Bleach's favor, but most don't know what they're talking about.
renegade said:

-sluggish, predictable, simple and occasionally inconsistent plot
-mostly one-adjective or archetype-with-a-twist characters, few get an interesting and well-developed personality. Likable, but usually not good by a long shot. Kubo does sometimes pull the simple designs amazingly, though. (Mayuri is the best mad scientist ever)
-the setting can be stupid sometimes. Karakura town is the only place on earth, Soul Society is a shitty afterlife, aging speed is random, etc. Lately Kubo's too busy with drawn-out fights in the most barren world possible to even develop a setting, which really sucks for a series this long.
-backgrounds are a rarity, panels are huge and wasted on feet and reaction faces. The rest is still good in the manga, while the anime's animated poorly.
-calling people negative won't prove them wrong.
renegade said:
Mindless negativity and positivity are about equally annoying.
renegade said:

Bleach isn't a terrible series, it's just mediocre, far too long and overrated. The manga has it's share of redeeming qualities that manage to pull me back for two more minutes each week, but it's well past its prime. Still enjoyable, but not nearly as good it could be.
renegade said:

Shit, there go all my valid complaints.
Dec 1, 2009 3:37 PM
May 2009
Everything after the soul society arc is crap. There is absolutely no story, just fighting and more fighting. The fights have no suspense because no good guys ever die as they are all saved in the last second by some other character that shows up at the last second. Some of the espada powers are also really lame.
That already deserves below 8 in my opinion... before getting into the endless fillers.
If you were to count only the soul society arc, bleach would one of my favorite anime.
I still remember when I liked bleach over naruto... but the last 2 naruto arcs have been one of my favorites in all shounen. Now the difference between the two is so large its not even funny.
Dec 1, 2009 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
Haylias said:
Because it doesn't deserve a score over 8.00?

This And....

shoxk said:

That...but most importantly this:

zaj said:
la_tigra said:

Any comments?

what do you expect from a show that has more fillers than non filler episodes? and half of the non filler episodes have 5 minutes of actual action after you got past the 5 - 7 minute recap, the 4 min op + ed and the other 10 minutes of staring contests. be happy its higher rated than naruto, wich actually has a far better filler/non filler ratio and episodes that last longer than 5 minutes. + all in all a better manga -> anime conversion..

if bleach didn't have fillers (not counting the recaps that take up half an ep) it would be down to +-120 episodes instead of 240+

even though i rated it an 8 (i skipped all the fillers) it actually deserves more around the 7 mark. but even then if you skip all the fillers it still is pretty average because it has to many characters and not enough story. if you look at one piece for example they can stay weeks ahead of the manga without having to barge into fillers ever 5 episodes because the manga actualy has story and dialogue,some episodes are 1 chapter = episode and it has a perfect pace. in bleach the mangaka is to busy drawing double pages of feet and attack effects instead of actually progessing the story. so you sometimes have 3 chapters in an episode and it still feels dragged out.. naruto , one piece and D.gray-man are far better in that area.

And too boot about how I feel why it's a 7 er...8...because I like the new filler, before that it was a 6, lol. 8 is generous.:

Novaangle18 said:
The first two seasons of bleach launched itself as a great anime, with good fight scenes and plot. Ever since then it has been declining. The fighting animation got sloppy and the story got slow and repetitive. I once gave it a 9 (somewhere around the Ichigo VS Buyakuya fight) but now I give it a 7... and that's being generous.

What really got me was around eps 120...+/- 20 to about 220. For crude sakes they would STARE AT EACH OTHER for 15 minutes of the 22 min show. Throw 3 sword slashes then talk for the last 7 minutes. Repeat process for 20 episodes, finally someone get's defeated on the 21st episode, then we move on. And then it's as if those people that were just defeated didn't matter.

Everything I'm stating is already state in the quotes above :). Static characters, etc etc. Blah blah.

Blecah was good when it first started, like the first 60 (?) episodes. Since then it just has never had the same feeling.

FateEntityDec 1, 2009 4:38 PM
Dec 2, 2009 4:32 AM
Jun 2008
firefistace01 said:
Probably fillers has alot to do with it.

this, i gave it 7 and sometimes i think i overrated it.
Dec 2, 2009 4:43 AM

Apr 2009
it deserves 6 -+1, I'm watching ep 247.

The story becomes much more interesting when they go to the Hueco Mundo,
and some captains follow them; and Aizen-sama goes to the real world, to
destroy Ichigo's city. And there rest of the captain wait for him.
Feb 10, 2010 7:45 AM

Apr 2009
I'm at 78, but damn i just can't watch it anymore. The bountou arc is so shitty!

Feb 11, 2010 5:50 PM

Nov 2008
Vikopaulum said:
I'm at 78, but damn i just can't watch it anymore. The bountou arc is so shitty!

Exactly my thoughts...

Though I watch it every now and then. I can't stand the shitty scenes! Damn! The first arc is great but now it suck big time!

Feb 13, 2010 12:36 PM
Jun 2009
Vikopaulum said:

that's exactly the same episode i stopped! i'm going to start again from 110 though, see if i like it from there.
Feb 13, 2010 1:01 PM

Dec 2008
It's very popular, but it's not quality. Sure I watch it but I don't expect much from it. I just do it because I've been doing it for the last couple of years. At the beginning it was very promising now it's just average (Soul Society Arc was out of this world). On top of that we add lame fillers. :P lol
Mar 7, 2010 10:08 AM

Apr 2009
jedimagician said:
that's exactly the same episode i stopped! i'm going to start again from 110 though, see if i like it from there.

I decided to read the manga. When the serie is completed, or when i feel like it, i will prbably continue watching and skip the crappy fillers.

Mar 7, 2010 10:26 AM
Jun 2008
Because you're sixteen.
Mar 7, 2010 10:35 AM

Jul 2008
tehnominator said:
Because you're sixteen.

This; and because there are a looooot of MAL members who don't think that Bleach being your favourite anime means it's supposed to have average rating of 9,99. There's nothing awesome about Bleach.
Mar 7, 2010 10:38 AM

Oct 2007
la_tigra said:
I mean Bleach is one of the most decent anime for me

There's your answer: its one of the best anime in your eyes. A lot of people would disagree with you, hence the score.
Mar 12, 2010 4:50 AM

Apr 2009
Bleach is boring..after the soul society arc..stupid bountos!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2010 4:52 AM

Mar 2009
Well, because even though it's popular, there are many who think it's overrated. I liked it at first, but when the Orihime arc thingy started, it just went on for too long. Plus, there's tons of crappy fillers (I will never forget the fucking Bount arc. Damn.).
Mar 15, 2010 1:48 PM

Apr 2009
Well, I think Bleach is enjoyable, though not underrated. It just obviously misses the (character) depth to deserve a higher score.

Mar 16, 2010 10:12 PM
Jun 2009
it became shit with all the fillers coming in
Mar 16, 2010 11:24 PM
May 2008
You're all much to kind. Bleach gets a 4.

First arc 6.5-7
bound 4
back on track 6
princess 3
pendulum 6.5
showdown+random filler 5
current arc 3

average that out and it's like 4.5 and I rounded down because of the worst filler transitions in the history of anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 85 Discussion

Scribbly - Jul 17, 2008

26 by 91vulnicura »»
Apr 10, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 286 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dizzee - Aug 31, 2010

114 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.