Forum Settings
Forums

Manga with level up system or reincarnation(fantasy setting)

New
Nov 3, 2014 8:29 AM

May 2012
Hey guys, I've been reading 'Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari', 'Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka' and 'Re:Monster'.

What caught my interest was the sort of leveling up systems they used in them. Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari was more like leveling up in a game of some sort, while Re:Monster was more of evolving or something. Another thing that caught my interest was that both mains from each mangas seemed to be going down the anti-hero road. I especially liked Naofumi's loner character and his interactions with his companion, Raphtalia. It was sort of like she was taking the role of his daughter...

Also, something like Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu and Re:Monster, where the MC is killed and restarts life all over again from an infant.

Anyway, does anyone know anything similar to either Re:Monster or Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari? More of something like Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari if possible.

Oh, and I want it to be sort of serious like Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari and Re:Monster, no "friendship is power" stuff, though emotions influencing power gain or something is welcomed. Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari genre is Seinen apparently, so anything you'd think is as serious as that. Doesn't necessarily have to have Seinen in the genres section though.

Something with a fantasy setting is also preferred.

I know I'm asking for quite a bit, but any recommendations would be appreciated. ^^

Thanks!
OlemNov 3, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 3, 2014 2:04 PM

May 2012
Edited a few things in, so the post may be sorta messy now

Bump

Nov 3, 2014 11:13 PM

May 2012
Anyone?

Nov 4, 2014 12:08 AM

May 2014
Sword Art Online ? :O

'It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world.” - Lelouch vi Britannia
Nov 4, 2014 12:16 AM

Dec 2013
Maybe a manhwa/webtoon called The Gamer?
Nov 4, 2014 12:34 AM

May 2012
dopestkitty said:
Sword Art Online ? :O

I'm sorta looking for something not like SAO that has a lot of forced drama. I'm not saying I don't enjpy watching SAO, but I feel like reading something a bit more serious. I also don't think there's much animes with a level up system or reincarnation like what I'm looking for, which is why I'm asking for manga to read :P

hhitagi said:
Maybe a manhwa/webtoon called The Gamer?

I don't usually read webtoons, but I'll give it a go. Maybe I'll start Tower of God soon if I like this

Thanks ^^

Nov 4, 2014 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
Beet the Vandel Buster - The story is set in the "Dark Ages", a term referring to the time since Vandels appeared and started attacking humans. The Vandel Buster's Job is to get rid of Vandels and they have a level system. However, their level system is more a reflection of how much they have done, rather than how strong they are. The Vandels have a Star system. Stars are a form of ranking system used by Vandels similar to the Busters' levels. Stars range from 1 to 7, 7 being the highest.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki - Typical company employee Tanaka Daichi (38-years-old, single) loves games and plays a new type of VRMMO called "One More Free Life Online" under the username "Earth". Inside this free world he chose several skills that are generally regarded as useless. Be it wasting time crafting potions, cooking up pointlessly tasty food, or hunting monsters with some absurd weapon he crafted, he simply enjoys playing the game.
Nov 4, 2014 5:34 AM

May 2012
Kyzent said:
Beet the Vandel Buster - The story is set in the "Dark Ages", a term referring to the time since Vandels appeared and started attacking humans. The Vandel Buster's Job is to get rid of Vandels and they have a level system. However, their level system is more a reflection of how much they have done, rather than how strong they are. The Vandels have a Star system. Stars are a form of ranking system used by Vandels similar to the Busters' levels. Stars range from 1 to 7, 7 being the highest.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki - Typical company employee Tanaka Daichi (38-years-old, single) loves games and plays a new type of VRMMO called "One More Free Life Online" under the username "Earth". Inside this free world he chose several skills that are generally regarded as useless. Be it wasting time crafting potions, cooking up pointlessly tasty food, or hunting monsters with some absurd weapon he crafted, he simply enjoys playing the game.

Not sure about the first one, but the second looks pretty interesting.
Thanks! I'll start reading it now

Nov 4, 2014 8:12 AM

Jan 2011
Lost Canvas Meiou Shinwa has reincarnation
i cant think of any good one that has leveling up
Nov 4, 2014 8:12 AM

Jul 2014
naruto, one piece.
Aug 15, 2015 5:57 PM
Aug 2015
Mushoku Tensei - Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu. It's about a neet who is kicked out of his own house when his parents die and he didn't attend the funeral. Than he save the life of some students and reborn in a new world, but with the conscious of his previous life. And now he tries to live his life to the fullest. (Similar to MC reincarnation, but not with the leveling up system. I hope you like it. Just 11 ch though.
Oct 7, 2015 9:55 AM
Oct 2015
Their is a manga about this guy being reincarnated into a differwnt world is being called a death god for some odd reason and he is blessed with the power to customize anything which i think is retarded but hell thats his choice. Its called world customize creator
Thx for putting up this post this is my favorite type of manga too
Oct 7, 2015 10:38 AM
Oct 2015
This is my favourite genre as well, I've spent a lot of time searching for manga like this. Here's what I found. Also there is a mix of manga and manha in the list below.

Douluo Dalu - or combat continent in English
Dice:The cube that changes everything
Desolate era
dungeon ni deai wo motomeru
konjiki no moji tsukai - exactly what you want
kono sekai ga game dato ore dake ga shitteiru
The gamer - big personal favourite
Magician - there is a LOT of this
Mushoku tensei
Panlong - exactly what you want also a big favourite
Red storm
Re:monster
shen yin wang zuo
Tales of demons and gods - exactly what you want
tate no yuusha no nariagari
tensei shitara slime datta ken - very similar to remonster
Sheng wang
The legendary moonlight sculptor
The new gate
world customize creator
wu dong qian kun - what you want
Xian ni - exactly what you want
Zero no shiniki
Zhan long
Zui Wu dou - exactly what you want
Dou po cang qiong- exactly what you want
Oct 8, 2015 9:10 AM
Oct 2015
i love you chip
Oct 9, 2015 3:11 PM
Oct 2015
I love you too
Oct 9, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2014
ChipTheHooman said:
This is my favourite genre as well, I've spent a lot of time searching for manga like this. Here's what I found. Also there is a mix of manga and manha in the list below.

Desolate era
Mushoku tensei
Red storm
shen yin wang zuo
Sheng wang
The new gate
world customize creator
Zero no shiniki
Zhan long

Many of those have a novel version that is not only better, but in many cases also further translated then their manga/webtoon/(instert Korean and Chinese word for manga here) version.
Nov 18, 2015 3:17 PM
Nov 2015
ChipTheHooman said:

Desolate era
Mushoku tensei
Red storm
shen yin wang zuo
Sheng wang
The new gate
world customize creator
Zero no shiniki
Zhan long

Love this kind of manga as well, you can check out doulou dalu 2 started some time ago even though the first season is still not fully completed it doesn't have big spoilers..
Nov 18, 2015 7:59 PM
Sep 2014
overlord
Nov 18, 2015 8:43 PM

Aug 2014
I'd recommend a xianxia that i'm currently reading, Against the Gods.

MC was also reincarnated, but into a 15 year old who recently died rather than an infant.
Personally, i'm a big fan of the MC, who has a silver tongue and rapid growth.

The power structure is divided into levels with 10 subranks, such as Elementary 1-10.

Dec 3, 2015 2:03 PM

May 2012
Oh haha

Thanks guys, I'll check them out.

Didn't see that someone necro'd my thread, but the recs are still appreciated. And thanks for all those recs, Chip o_o

Jan 31, 2016 2:12 AM
Jan 2016
Thanks Chip. I went through and read every one of them.
May 9, 2016 10:18 AM
Apr 2014
It's fun to met someone who has a same taste as me
Here's my collection about Manga/Manhwa/Manhua that related to: Game/Level Up/Reincarnation
For the one who has LN version, better go read the novel version too 'cause its thousand times more awesome

.hack//
1/2 Prince
7th Dragon
Builder
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
Desolate Era
Dice: The Cube That Changes Everything
Douluo Dalu
DouPo CangQiong
Dungeon Meshi
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria
Dusk Howler
Final Re:Quest
Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi Nite Kaku Tatakeri
Good Night World
Hardcore Leveling Warrior
How I Stalked Some Dude with an Exposed Nipple and Stumbled Upon the Zenithian Sword
I am Mob
Isekai de Kuro no Iyashi Te tte Yobarete Imasu
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu
Konjiki no Moji Tsukai: Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat
Kono Sekai ga Game Dato Ore Dake ga Shitteiru
Life Howling
Log Horizon
Love Parameter
Magician
Maou no Hajimekata
Mushoku Tensei : Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
Only Sense Online
Overlord
Panlong
Re:Monster
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen
Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Hen
Red Storm
Shen Yin Wang Zuo
Sheng Wang
Spirit Migration
Sword Art Online
Tales of Demons and Gods
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
The Gamer
The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
The New Gate
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki
Tower of God
Tsuyokute New Saga
World Customize Creator
Wu Dong Qian Kun
Xian Xia
Xian ni
Zero no Shiniki
Zhan Long
Zui Wu Dou
Jun 29, 2016 7:49 AM
Jun 2016
I also like this Genre, i have read pretty much evrything already

Here is a quick list:

7th Dragon
Descent of the Phoenix
Desolate Era
Douluo Dalu
Douluo Dalu II - Jueshui Tangmen
Doupo Cangqiong
Gunota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei Shitara, Gendai
Jiang Ye
Kuang Shen
Konjiki no Moji Tsukai - Yuusha Yonin ni
Kono Sekai ga Game da to, Ore dake ga Shitteiru
Legend of Immortals
Long Live Summons
Maou no Hajimekata
Only Sense Online
Overlord
Panlong
Re:Monster
Shen Yin Wang Zuo
Shina Dark
Soul Land - Legend of The Gods' Realm
Spirit Migration
Tales of Demons and Gods
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
The Great Conqueror
The Great Ruler
The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
The Mythical Realm
The New Gate
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
Tsuyokute New Saga
Wu Dong Qian Kun
Xian Ni
Zero no Shiniki
Zhan Long
Zui Wu Dao

Here is a list i hope you will like them.
ThatGuy2Jun 29, 2016 8:01 AM
Jul 5, 2016 12:40 PM
May 2016
I have a few manhua that would fit that description. Doulou dalu 1 and 2, Dou po cang Qiong, panlong, and shen yin wang zuo. The level up systems are pretty indepth and they have pretty good drawing and plots
Sep 23, 2016 12:20 PM
Sep 2016
DanMachi is an anime and i think it got manga but got great lvup system and a very enjoyaqble story y till waiting for second season and third
is so good
Apr 5, 2017 7:56 AM
Jan 2016
DUNGEON SEEKER I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT
Sep 3, 2017 5:16 AM
Dec 2016
Dungeon sekker thatt very awesome and the mosy of mmorpg genre u can look at louchiZou list
Sep 23, 2017 3:01 AM
Jun 2017
1. TALES OF DEMONS AND GODS !!!!!!! TRY IT..... IT HAS EVERYTHING YOU WANT REINCARNATION AND LEVEL UP....
2. AGAINST THE GODS !!!! IT ALSO HAS BOTH REINCARNATION AND LEVEL UP...
(Both of these are called 'Manhua'. Tales of Demons and Gods has manga adaptation. If you cannot stand reading light novel)
Feb 10, 2018 3:23 PM
Dec 2017
This thread is worth it's weight in gold 😢🤑thank you chip!!
May 14, 2018 5:11 AM
May 2018
Hi guyz my friend told me about a manga in which mc is a summoner/green mage he was summoned/reincarnated in the world i am not able to find it i have read most of reincarnation manga still no clue could you guyzz help me its imp...
May 14, 2018 1:53 PM
Jun 2017
Probably it's ''The wrong way to use healing magic''.
Oct 13, 2019 4:55 AM
Oct 2019
Look up solo leveling, dude is granted powers and is the only leveling up kinda adventure granted the player ability it is absolutly amazing to read
Oct 20, 2019 6:22 PM

Dec 2012
Dusksniper said:
Look up solo leveling, dude is granted powers and is the only leveling up kinda adventure granted the player ability it is absolutly amazing to read

I agree, Solo Leveling is exactly what OP is looking for. The art style is amazing!
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Dec 6, 2019 8:31 PM
Aug 2019
This is really freaking late on my end so I apologize.
You could try "solo leveling". It's really good and it is relatively new so it is far from over.
Dec 7, 2019 3:24 AM

Oct 2018
i recommend you to start reading manhwa or maybe manhua too since most of them consist of what you really looking for.

and here is my recommendation:
solo leveling
the gamer
Tales of demon and gods
I am the sorcerer king
The last of human
A returner's magic should be special

manga recommendation
maken no daydreamer
Hachinan tte, sore wa nai deshou
The New gate
world customization
Isekai tensei soudoki

and thanks for creating this thread since i'm one of those people who like this kind of genre. ^^ gonna use this thread.
May 19, 2020 1:47 AM
Feb 2020
hazure waku no joutai ijou skill de saikyou ni natta ore ga subete wo juurin suru made is what you are looking for
Jul 3, 2020 9:29 AM
Jul 2020
i was wondering im locking for an anime/manga where the MC get reincar to a small pebble thats feeds of rock then lvl to a zombie then get experimented on so he gets a crab locking arm by and mad doctor and so on takes place in hell so to speak any ideas i would love the help
Jul 4, 2020 5:31 AM
Jul 2020
Hello everyone sorry for mi English it's not good . Am looking for a Manga similar to (solo leveling, dungeon Reset, harscore leveling warrior, solo bug player , the Live, I Log in alone, overgeared, I am the sorecer king, skeleton soldier, second life Ranker , the Gamer.) Manhua , manga, manwa of that style, I hope you help me thanks
Jul 4, 2020 6:00 AM

Mar 2016
Not a manga but it's a manhwa about reincarnation called The Reason Why Raeliana Ended up at the Duke's Mansion, where the mc is pushed off the roof and reincarnated into a supporting character in a book.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jul 5, 2020 7:02 AM
May 2020
I haven't seen these in the suggestions so far. But if you are into a anime/manga similar to Shield Hero and about leveling up.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38790/Itai_no_wa_Iya_nano_de_Bougyoryoku_ni_Kyokufuri_Shitai_to_Omoimasu

Though the setting is inside a game, the MC wields a Shield.
Jul 14, 2020 3:38 PM
Jul 2020
The manga about a mc which is a summoner and green mage is called Kuro no Shoukanshi

More topics from this board

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
3 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
10 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - Yesterday

2 by Snailsoup »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.