Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Ai Shite Night Episode 32 Discussion

Nov 3, 2014 4:33 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hard to believe this was Japan 1980s -! In less than 30 years all these ideas about marriage, traditional values and the family has all but eroded away! Where do you hear girls go about dreaming about marriage nowadays? Or parental permission sought? Or people crying in weddings like it's once in a lifetime thing!?! From a western point of view I have to say this is really making me seeing life in a way I'd never have imagined - in a way perhaps only older generations were able to conceive.

Jun 27, 8:34 PM
meneope said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hard to believe this was Japan 1980s -! In less than 30 years all these ideas about marriage, traditional values and the family has all but eroded away! Where do you hear girls go about dreaming about marriage nowadays? Or parental permission sought? Or people crying in weddings like it's once in a lifetime thing!?! From a western point of view I have to say this is really making me seeing life in a way I'd never have imagined - in a way perhaps only older generations were able to conceive.

I hope you mean that in a good way. That change is good especially when it means moving away from such a backwards sexist mentality.