Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 2, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the mood of this episode is quite awkward still. I liked the balance of the mood though with Nonoka. Also, I don't trust Koharu much with the events going on recently. Her meeting with Noel also had a weird fixation to it.

The fireworks were pretty though this episode.

Oneechan~
Nov 2, 2014 6:19 AM

Aug 2011
After all it wasnt the saucer's fault but Yuzuki's fault that caused her brother to be sent to the hospital :/. And she blamed the saucer and Nonoka for the whole thing, not to mention she hurted Koharu, bickered with her brother that cared for her and slapped Nonoka :/
Well she did apologize to everyone but I still cant like her.

Noel is still cute as fuck in this episode <3
Nov 2, 2014 8:01 AM

Jul 2010
Nonoka, Koharu and Souta working hard to make the special day happen.

If only Yuzuki called out louder :/ Souta desperately finding Yuzuki on his bike (probably going way too fast) and ends up falling and going to the hospital. Souta blaming no one saying he just fell. Yuzuki blaming the saucer at the moment!

Noel pretending to be the fireworks ^^

Whoever Yuzuki calls "baka" at, she actually really likes them!

The lights lighten up row by row, it was nice to see Yuzuki finding herself at fault and apologized to everyone.

Quite the display given by Noel at the end!
Nov 2, 2014 8:02 AM

May 2013
Seeing the fireworks on the saucer looked really nice. Nice to see everyone making up. Too bad Togawa didn't meet up with them.
Nov 2, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2013
Well I'm dropping this now.. so boring IMO :/

Nov 2, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
Beautiful and touching episode.
5/5.
One of the best shows of this season.
Kryki said:

Lol boring? What are you? A doll without emotions/feelings? O_O
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 2, 2014 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
I'm so glad Yuzuki finally stop being Tsundere (Sometimes her voice pisses me off.) and makeup with every one.
That reflection/re-imaging of fireworks was kinda nice to see. Too bad they were Togawa wasn't with them.
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 2, 2014 8:44 AM
Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:
5/5.

lmao, you sure dont need a lot to be touched
That's how I see like more than half of the MAL users with their "waifus", hentais, harems, weird-ass video games and all that shit
Nov 2, 2014 8:47 AM

Jan 2012
So she blamed the saucer for getting her brother hurt and in trouble. Well it kinda WAS the saucer's fault in an indirect sense for cancelling the fireworks in the first place. But anyway I don't think the payoff justified all the drama of last week like I figured. It was okay, but some lamps and fireworks projected on the dome weren't really worth all we had to go through last week. Yuzuki still comes across as looking bad though none of them looked particularly great during this incident...maybe Nonoka. Hope the show recovers and picks it up from here though.
Nov 2, 2014 8:51 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode, It good that Yuziki and Nonoka made up and are friends again. Now we still have b!tch-face-mcgee, aka Togawa, to make up with the group.
What Noel did was rather clever, never thought the saucer could do anything else except look cute and fly there. By cute, I mean Noel.
I so can't wait till the next episode to see what happens, though, I wish Noel plays a more pivotal role besides being cute and saucer-ish
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2014 8:57 AM

Dec 2012
Alright episode.. I'm glad Yuziki apologized and they made up bc the whole thing was starting to annoy me
Nov 2, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
As expected, the reason for Yuzuki hating the saucer was a bunch of crap, and her making up with everyone else seemed really forced.

This whole business of Noel reuniting a group of old friends who have started to grow apart really reminds me of Menma's role in Anohana (in bringing the Super Peace Busters back together). I still think this will go that route (in terms of feels) later on.

The bit with Noel lighting up the saucer with the fireworks was a great moment, and it looked brilliant to boot.

One of the best episodes so far. Now we need to figure out what Togawa's deal is (side note: I found it funny when she was with Noel and clearly had no idea how to deal with her).
Nov 2, 2014 9:06 AM
Oct 2010
So THAT was the reason!

LMAO, feels like I'm watching Rugrats. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 2, 2014 9:11 AM

Nov 2009
One good thing about the drama is that when the characters manage to overcome it, they (and audiences) will experience the greatest happiness. I like this ep.

Now, Nonoka, go to do something about Shione and turn this show into the happy and cute show like it should be.

Swayze_Express said:
rsc-pl said:
5/5.

lmao, you sure dont need a lot to be touched

That's actually a good thing. It's always better to set your standard low because you will enjoy many more things in your life.
Marina2Nov 2, 2014 9:39 AM
Nov 2, 2014 9:25 AM

Dec 2013
rsc-pl said:

Kryki said:

Lol boring? What are you? A doll without emotions/feelings? O_O

Now am I not allowed for an opinion of my own or do I have to think and feel just like you?

This just isn't good enough in my eyes.

Nov 2, 2014 9:28 AM

Feb 2014
Bonus points for the art, that was really beautiful.
Nov 2, 2014 10:05 AM

Nov 2012
Still not convince about this anime. Noel is the only reason I keep watching this. She is so cuteeeee.
Nov 2, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
The episode was okay. I'm glad they didn't drag on Yuzuki's problem. Thank god she snapped out of it.
Although I don't agree with Yuzuki's reason for snapping and slapping Nonoka like that, quite immature. But they are children, so I guess it's fine...

I'm sort of looking forward to the next episode because it seems like it will center on Shione. She's mean and irrational, but I can't bring myself to hate her.

It must have been my imagination, but it seemed to be as if Shione was asking Noel about her relationship with Nonoka because she was sort of jealous... Probably wishful thinking.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!โ€
Nov 2, 2014 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Seeing the fireworks one the saucer was really nice.
Nov 2, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode..
Now we know why Yuzuki acting like that..
She''s blaming the saucer because her onii-chan got an accident that night..

Kryki said:

maybe this kind of anime just don't suits you, since it don't have ecchi stuffs
Nov 2, 2014 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
ivaantjia said:

u are right that this isnt my kind of anime, thats why I'm dropping it.

Ecchi have nothing to do with it tho so I have no idea why u would say that :/

Nov 2, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Kryki said:
ivaantjia said:

u are right that this isnt my kind of anime, thats why I'm dropping it.

Ecchi have nothing to do with it tho so I have no idea why u would say that :/

based on your avatar and a glimpse of your anime list.. :D
don't mind me..
Nov 2, 2014 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
The fireworks at the end were really pretty. I think this show is a little boring but i really like the art so that's why i'm watching.

Nov 2, 2014 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
shirenz said:
The fireworks at the end were really pretty. I think this show is a little boring but i really like the art so that's why i'm watching.

This.

Pretty animation + cute moe blobs are the only reason I'm watching this -__-
I will be patient..
Nov 2, 2014 11:46 AM
Oct 2010
It just clicked for me, this is the Wizard of Oz!! O_O

Nonoka = naive/idealistic Dorothy
Yuzuki = cowardly Lion
Koharu = brainless Scarecrow
Shione = heartless Tin Woodman

Noel = the beautiful and young Witch of the South?. Alternatively and depending on how the plot goes, she could also be the Wizard of Oz with his flying saucer hot air balloon.
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 2, 2014 11:50 AM

Dec 2013
ivaantjia said:

based on your avatar and a glimpse of your anime list.. :D
don't mind me..

Thats cuz Yaya (the anime girl all over my account) is my waifu! :D

I like ecchi I wont deny that, but it's NOT a must at all! :)

I just found Sora no method very slow and I just slept 3 hours last night so I'm pretty tierd so a slow anime without any action was the last thing I wanted to see >.> And I hope u undertand my decission that I rather drop an anime I don't enjoy rather than completeing it and then complain afterwards, then I just look stupid IMO xD

Nov 2, 2014 12:01 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
So it appears the reason Yuzuki hates the saucer so much is because she wanted to make it the reason for Souta's injury. She probably went off outside to take a look at it, and Souta lost control of his bicycle while looking for her. Stupidly dramatic.

Still don't know why Togawa keep calling Nonoka a liar without any solid basis. Yuzuki too, just assumed that Nonoka has forgotten, until she looked at that photo. Really? Are they this cheap of a friend? >.<

Also, why can't they just do the fireworks? It's not like they'll get arrested for it. At most, their parents have to pay some fine, and that'd be it. Why not be a bit more rebel-like for the sake of enjoyment and youth?

Noel's innocence is pretty cute; but she's not really playing an active role yet. The fireworks she created in the saucer was nice though.

Average episode. Love the animation, but the plot is pretty dull so far.

Nov 2, 2014 12:02 PM
Nov 2013
Glad Yuzuki got over everything, drama involving her wasn't as forced as last episode. Noel is so cute, I can't handle it. The fireworks in the saucer was so pretty, probably some of te best animation I've seen in a while.
Nov 2, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
So the nest set of problems that need to be solved is with Shione and from the looks of it i guess it will be easier then expected but i guess we will have to wait and see.
Seems like Shione still doesn't trust Nonoka.
Nov 2, 2014 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
Well isn't that practical? Using the saucer as a display to project fireworks on xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 2, 2014 12:39 PM
Oct 2010
Gatomon said:
except that he wanted to get a heart, and by comparison, so does Shione, if you go by that.
It is probably the case, don't you think? It applies for the three misfits.

Though I'm not sure Koharu will ever learn to tilt the cardboard standee. XD
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 2, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
Cute and good episode.
I don't see why people are complaining, more than half of the shows this season have a slow start.
If they resolve Shione next episo I wonder what they will do next, the AnoHana vibes are still strong.
Nov 2, 2014 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
Wonderful episode.
It was nice to see Yuzuki apologizing and that they got along again.
And Noel was so cute! The fireworks at the end was incredible :)

Nov 2, 2014 1:55 PM

Jun 2014
This show is a jumble of emotions. But im really glad the bratty one finally got over herself.
I still wonder whats going to happen when they all find out who Noel is. How long is it going to taken them!?
The color though for the fireworks inside the saucer... too pretty.
But this leave me to wonder... If halfway though they all make up...whats coming in the second half... D=
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 2, 2014 1:59 PM

Dec 2011
And if that is the reason why she hates the saucer... I don't know what to say except that it is such a petty reason to hate it.

There must be something more to the saucer. And we still haven't touched that topic yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2014 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
This is why I didnt drop this last episode. These heartwarming moments of forgiveness are always so sweet.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Nov 2, 2014 4:08 PM

Nov 2012
Yuzuki apologizing.

No feels felt,if anything I found it extremely funny (in a bad way,since it seemed really tacky).

Still boring,should drop but not that terrible to the point where I will.
Nov 2, 2014 4:28 PM
Jul 2014
it was nice to see them make up but yea i didn't feel anything at all and was disappointed in the reasoning behind all the yuzuki drama. I was expecting the saucer was somehow linked to the death of a family member or like, breaking up their family somehow. still not sure what that photo was suppose to mean.

Other than that i'm sticking around wondering for answers on how and why these characters are so braindead. nonoka hasn't wondered about noel's link to the saucer, saucer's purpose, or why noel hasn't aged for 10 years or w/e. she is obviously an alien which should have been figured out a long time ago. noel came out and said "I am the saucer" and i was like hell yea, then they ignored that line and continued so i no longer have expectations for this anime anymore than just tuning in for noel kawaiiness.
Nov 2, 2014 4:34 PM
Jul 2014
This anime is melodrama spawned from nothing.

I thought Yuzuki had something terrible happened to her (loss of a parent or something along this line), thus justyfying her desire to irrationally blame someone/something for it, but instead...nope.

- The saucer appears.
- Yuzuki can't have her (apparently so beloved) fireworks and the promise with her brother kept.
- She decides to go out alone at night to have her private show (still has the guts to call Nonoka selfish seven years later).
- Her brother gets injured while searching for her.
- Her brother doesn't blame her nor anybody for what happened.
- Yuzuki manages to somehow connect all together and blame the saucer for everything (no fireworks and her brother's injury...big stuff) without realizing that the one to really blame is her.
- For seven years Yuzuki pesters the poor tourists with her irrational whining in front of Shione's family's shop.

I'll stop here. Yuzuki is a living walking contradiction. This show is a living contradiction.

Let's see how Shione's melodrama will evolve next. Will she be able to forgive Nonoka for not immediately remembering her after seven years? Talk about drama queen.

At least the emotional manipulation seems to work fine. I guess it will be used as a tool to overshadow all the flaws in the show. Why noone cares about the giant thing in the sky? Why no one cares about the "alien" girl? What's this people's problem? What are they thinking?

Whatever...still going to watch it. I want to see where this will go.
Nov 2, 2014 4:54 PM

Oct 2013
Man, if it's not for Noel and the art..
I sure have dump this anime long ago..
"Burn the heretics"
Nov 2, 2014 5:25 PM

Sep 2014
Twice in two weeks this show made me shed a tear or two. I enjoyed it.
Nov 2, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
The best episode s far by a long shot!!!
Almost made me tear up :)
Nov 2, 2014 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
This show is slow for me, but I did like the fireworks in the saucer. I'm watching because I hope more gets explained, and I don't mind it in terms of passing time.

The drama feels really forced.

I did enjoy this episode better than last week, though.
Nov 2, 2014 6:44 PM

Oct 2013
All right, this was a good episode, despite the UNBELIEVABLY STUPID AND TACKY MELODRAMA I MEAN WTF ALL THIS GARBAGE "OH I THOUGHT YOU WAS NEVER GONNA TALK TO ME AGAIN" "BAKA I JUST CAN'T STAND YOUR ASS" GARBAGE DRAMA JUST BECAUSE THERE WAS NO FIREWORKS AND KOUTA GOT HURT WTFFFFFFFFF

... ahem, despite that, it was just really cute and, well... maybe my standards exploded into oblivion, but this DISGUSTING melodrama actually hooked me at the end, to the point I got a little teary eyed when Yuzuki was sobbing and apologizing. For some reason, I just find Yuzuki really adorable and likeable. She's so cute when she says "baka."

Plus, the final scene with the fireworks in the saucer was beautiful.

โ˜ฉ Discord: the.path.to.pathos
โ˜ฉ RateYourMusic
โ˜ฉ last.fm
Nov 2, 2014 6:51 PM

Dec 2010
Okay episode! But he did reveal a bit about why Yuzuki was angry. She wants to blame everyone for his accident except for herself. Which I suppose I could say is a human trait.

It was still a nice episode, and I like the fact that they are beginning to explain things finally.

The fireworks were really pretty, and the song that Noel hums has worked itself into the backgroun music and it sounds really pretty!

Noel is still adorable!
Nov 2, 2014 7:02 PM
Jul 2014
cyclone1993 said:
Okay episode! But he did reveal a bit about why Yuzuki was angry. She wants to blame everyone for his accident except for herself. Which I suppose I could say is a human trait.
That would be reasonable, but it was all about some fireworks and a fractured leg. I mean, it's fine being angry on the spur of the moment...but for years? The gods may help us if something worse happens.
Nov 2, 2014 7:06 PM

Oct 2012
Best episode yet
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

97 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

118 by hacker09 »»
Jan 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

78 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.