Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 2, 2014 5:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hmm the anime might not be popular in Japan, but I'm pretty sure the manga has been doing pretty well before the anime announcement. The quality isn't great enough maybe for the manga readers who like it to buy the DVDs, and idk about the rest of the people who are not familiar with the source material.

Anyways, Kyouuuya, why would you do that. I do think that he was a complete jerk for doing that, but I think he had an ulterior motive. He briefly said that Erika doesn't know him enough if she believed that he would say those type of things. He probably cares a lot about people knowing his true self, and aside from Takeru, Erika is the closest one to being able to be around Kyouya when he's not in prince mode. Kyouya was maybe testing Erika in a way, though I don't like how he did it. It's not cool to toy with people's feelings like that :(

Starswirl9 said:
This is probably one of my favorite shoujo anime I've watched in a while. You know why? Because the characters are not perfect.

I think you might like the manga Heroine Shikkaku. Two of the main characters are so flawed and frustrating to read, but I still enjoyed it because they were that way haha.
Nov 2, 2014 6:24 PM

Apr 2014
okanagan said:

I am also getting more and more frustrated when each week they keep skipping
over the part from Chapter CENSORED in the manga where they all CENSORED.

What do you mean by "Chapter Censored" ??? I didn't read/see anything like that on the manga where "All of them was censored".
I guess you are just making all that up since you edited the quoted post.
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 2, 2014 7:26 PM

May 2013
I don't blame Kyouya for what happened. Erika obviously still doesn't get his motives at all. So, LOL! That "collar" was nice. Good comeback to make her feel better.
Nov 2, 2014 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
I'm finding it very difficult to get a read on this show. First of all, let me blunt, I don't like abusive jerks, and I've known far too many women/girls that have ended up in a relationship with one. But at this point (somewhat like Erika) I'm really unsure that that is what he is. Clearly something has happened to make him close off his heart, and I think he was being honest when he told Erika that she would have to wrench it open before he could love her in the way that she wants. That blinking red light on the telephone suggests that we may find out some of the background to that closing-off at some point.

But to be truthful, the one point where I got a little creeped out was when Erika got excited over the prospect of getting a leash and collar and being taken for walks every morning. For a moment I thought we were about to board the express train to Crazytown, but Kyouya returned us to some semblance of vanilla normality when he said "If you want to take the next step into that world, you can go by yourself...".

In the end I think he sees himself as doing Erika a service by tearing down her naive illusions about love, and ending her desperate need to be accepted by others (although as time goes on I'm actually starting to accept that her two classroom friends are not total jerks, since their boyfriends actually seem to be pretty fond of them). Of course the irony is that his view of things is also warped and twisted, and he could probably use Erika's help to bring him out of that cold cynical world just as much as Erika could use his help to be a little more grounded in reality.
rodacNov 2, 2014 7:45 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 2, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly, he didn't even flinch when she starts crying happy tears because he said he liked her, too. Honestly. What kind of joke is that? She forgives him so freaking easily, agh.
Nov 2, 2014 8:45 PM

Apr 2014
rodac said:
I'm finding it very difficult to get a read on this show. First of all, let me blunt, I don't like abusive jerks, and I've known far too many women/girls that have ended up in a relationship with one. But at this point (somewhat like Erika) I'm really unsure that that is what he is. Clearly something has happened to make him close off his heart, and I think he was being honest when he told Erika that she would have to wrench it open before he could love her in the way that she wants. That blinking red light on the telephone suggests that we may find out some of the background to that closing-off at some point.

He was called "Prince" which why he is popular to girls but he is actually getting tired of being crowded by a lot of girls.
Kyouya was like that because he is not a romantic guy because he doesn't know what's the meaning of the word "Love" is and he is a bit sadist too (only to Erika).

But as the Story progresses he will knew what was the importance of Erika to him and he will try to do what a romantic guy that Erika wants.
[/quote]
rodac said:

But to be truthful, the one point where I got a little creeped out was when Erika got excited over the prospect of getting a leash and collar and being taken for walks every morning. For a moment I thought we were about to board the express train to Crazytown, but Kyouya returned us to some semblance of vanilla normality when he said "If you want to take the next step into that world, you can go by yourself...".

That was meant to be joke. As she says that what ever present will Kyouya will give to her she well treasure it rather than not getting anything as a Christmas Present.
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 2, 2014 9:56 PM

Jan 2014
Kipcha said:
Ugh. It's just really rubbing me the wrong way. He's a bully and this relationship just bothers me. But at the same time, she chooses to go back to him every time, so it's her own fault. I just hope they somehow end up happy.

I think he already likes her. He cares about her but the immaturity and paranoia in him is preventing his true feelings being shown.. Hes so lucky Erika was extremely forgiving
[right]
Nov 2, 2014 10:26 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, I... really wish I'd dropped this last episode like I'd planned too. I shouldn't have let Takeru entice me into staying.

Honestly, this wouldn't be bothering me half as much without that end scene. It's one thing to play with her emotions, but Kyouya put his hands around her neck, made a threatening statement, and Erika seriously looked scared he was gonna hit her. I know he didn't but the show purposefully painted it that way - she closes her eyes and grimaces like she's ready for a punch or worse. I don't see how anyone could find that romantic.
Nov 2, 2014 10:39 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode xD

The facepalms where strong in this one, sneaky sneaky Kyouya I really believed he broke character there LOL.

whens he gonna dye his hair white and start carrying a straight razor. . .
Nov 2, 2014 10:52 PM

Jan 2014
I like this playing around with Erica xD
I guess she enjoys it as well. ^ ____ ^
Overall it is pretty typical, but amusing.
Nov 2, 2014 10:57 PM

Jan 2010
straggy said:
... I know he didn't but the show purposefully painted it that way - she closes her eyes and grimaces like she's ready for a punch or worse. I don't see how anyone could find that romantic.

Actually, to me it looked like he was about to kiss her. I just assumed that because of her scaredy cat nature she thought he would hit her for some reason.

Also, I can understand Kyoya a bit, because I know what it's like when girls throw themselves at you, without really knowing you. Erika doesn't really know what she wants from the relationship yet.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Nov 2, 2014 11:30 PM
Mar 2013
I think Kyoya's act was really outrageous, too.
But... When he made his usual "prince-like fake smile", Erika noticed it and wondered why he did it. It was a signal for him to give her a hint. I guess he was surprised she swallowed the story that easily. He had to state it was just a joke because, currently, he couldn't stop being afraid of being loved or falling in love because he doesn't trust humans. He found he was going through the point of no return and had to deny that instantly. To be fair, I think he should have stopped it earlier. That was too much.
However, I somewhat feel sorry for him when he declined a towel from the waitress. In my opinion, he knew at that time he did what he must have not done and regretted.
htsujiNov 2, 2014 11:37 PM
Nov 3, 2014 12:52 AM

Jul 2009
When he told her that he liked her I was like "oh they will hook up too early to a shoujo, nice!" but then I I was was like "WTF?!" Sata got everyone with his dramatization
Nov 3, 2014 1:42 AM

May 2010
Kyoya confessed? It seemed fishy to me and yup, it was. But wow, I didn't expect Erika to throw water right at his face. That was BA of a shoujo heroine, loved it.

Those are the normal-est anime parents ever, I swear!

Now he is a tsundere. And I did like this episode, props to Erika.
Nov 3, 2014 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
This scene almost made me stop reading the manga, and now I see that I hate it in anime too. But I kept going and I must say, it gets better and Kyouya becomes gentler and kinder. However, the fact is that she acts like a doormat and I can't find it romantic (especially in this episode). If it were me, he would have to work harder and to beg for forgiveness.
Nov 3, 2014 7:24 AM

Sep 2010
I'm kind of surprised about the number of people declaring this show entirely unrealistic or ridiculous because of Erika's feelings towards Kyouya despite how he treats her. It's pretty common for teens to forgive and stay in relationships even after they've been cheated on, and I'd say cheating on someone you claim to love is much worse than how Kyouya treats Erika.

For the most part I just see him as tsundere. Think of the number of shows where there's a tsundere female who's constantly abusive and even violent (even if it's meant to be amusing) towards the male who likes her. Treating this differently is silly.
Nov 3, 2014 7:44 AM

Jun 2014
Boltz said:
This reminds me of Marmalade Boy a lot, but it's not as grand maybe. The visuals are sweet and the OP&ED are pretty great. I also like the dominant male lead, since most shonen rom coms nowadays have whiny chibis instead.

Nah, Yuu was never that rude with Miki in Marmalade Boy. Heck, he wasn't harsh at all, just playful.
Nov 3, 2014 8:16 AM

Oct 2010
ChessKitty said:
For the most part I just see him as tsundere. Think of the number of shows where there's a tsundere female who's constantly abusive and even violent (even if it's meant to be amusing) towards the male who likes her. Treating this differently is silly.
100% agreed, and it's a point I've made before. Kyouya can be a douche, that's irrefutable. But seeing him get so much more hate than his female equivalents when they're just as bad - if not worse due to the apparently comical physical abuse as well - is a little upsetting.
Nov 3, 2014 8:46 AM

Aug 2014
I love sadistic Sata more than dramatic Sata.
Erika always like a cry baby,it's so annoying.by the way i dont like her
Nov 3, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2009
Lol the whole time Sata was talking about him being in love with Erika I was like:

...no way. he is acting. this is not him.
AND I WAS RIGHT: YEAAAAH.

Anyway Erika cried way too much. But I might've cried as well. ^^'
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 3, 2014 10:17 AM
Nov 2010
Man that was a crazy roller coaster. I ended up believing his little confession and got mad also when he rubbed it in her face. Glad that she threw the water on him lol. I sorta agree that he really is going out of his way to make her feel stupid or feel bad but that's the main premise of the anime though I don't see how that could make it a romance comedy. There's that black line (not really gray) where you're laughing when she spins around and barks or wants a collar that he crossed when he really hurt her at the cafe. But he realized he went too far.

Was really sad seeing her so hurt, slumped against the door hugging her knees. =/ Really felt bad for her. Which made her line about being tired of being in love really powerful.

I also loved how exasperated she was, even though she somewhat wrote him off and was finally starting to distance herself emotionally, he was able to make it up to her so easily that she did a 180. I know some people said that a necklace shouldn't make it all better. But I also think she realized that too. That's why she said right at the end in a frustrated tone that he wasn't gonna let her walk away from her feelings of him so easily. She had already took the step dance and was ready to give up their farce but all it took was that gift and she was so happy again. She knew it but she couldn't help feeling that way.

Was some really powerful lines and roller coaster of emotions. Even seeing her take it out on her parents really hit it home. I feel like there's a depth and detail to the mc's internalization of feelings that I haven't really seen in other series like with Kaichou wa Maid-sama! or Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.

Pretty sure this episode is gonna be on of my favorites for this series. I enjoyed it anyways. xD
yngtadpoleNov 3, 2014 10:38 AM
Nov 3, 2014 10:47 AM

Mar 2013
Boltz said:
straggy said:
... I know he didn't but the show purposefully painted it that way - she closes her eyes and grimaces like she's ready for a punch or worse. I don't see how anyone could find that romantic.

Actually, to me it looked like he was about to kiss her. I just assumed that because of her scaredy cat nature she thought he would hit her for some reason.

Also, I can understand Kyoya a bit, because I know what it's like when girls throw themselves at you, without really knowing you. Erika doesn't really know what she wants from the relationship yet.

But he had his hands around her throat. I dunno about you but I've never seen someone kiss someone else whilst throttling them. That in itself isn't romantic or loving. There was also the fact that he did it whilst saying he was going to punish her and show her that she's truly his dog. The reason why she was scared is pretty obvious to me, rather than just being "some reason".

And no offense, but if you can honestly see a point and understanding in taking advantage of a girl just because she likes you and is coming on a bit too strong then I think you need to take a step back and look at what you're doing.
Nov 3, 2014 11:29 AM

Feb 2012
This girl has zero self respect and Kyoya is an asshole, regardless of whatever painful backstory he has. He had no excuse, and buying a necklace doesn't cancel anything out. I guess love can be bought lol

People have fallen in love in shittier circumstance in real life so I'm honestly not in disbelief or anything, just have a hard time feeling sorry for Erika.
Nov 3, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
Another terrific episode from one of the best shows of the season :)
Nov 3, 2014 3:49 PM

May 2013
I don't know what to say in this episode because after reading the chapter for this, I am so pissed to Kyouya and this anime made me more pissed. Oh well.

They can't just skip stuffs that is important.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 3, 2014 3:59 PM
Aug 2014
Whats the name of song in the first seconds of the episode? remember it also appeared in one of the previous episodes, simply beautiful :e
Nov 3, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2009
ehhh... i dont know. i tried imagine saying what kyoa said in real life and that made me cringe, then i imagined someone saying that to me and i'd probably throw the glass cup at them, let alone water.
Nov 3, 2014 6:28 PM

Apr 2014
Whoah...Erika, I think your masochist level has gone up. o_O

Sata is such a jerk when he said that to Erika. I applaud Erika for dumping cold ice water on him.

However, he made up for that when he use that darn good pick up line and gave Erika the necklace. He's so smooth :3
Nov 3, 2014 7:57 PM

Oct 2013
Wow that was rough of Sata. At least he made up for it.
Nov 3, 2014 10:34 PM
Jun 2010
Kipcha said:
Hmm, I feel like I've been becoming jaded over the years. I love shoujo anime with a passion, truly I do. I am a SUCKER for anime romance.

But this one just doesn't sit right with me.

There's a difference between teasing, and going completely out of your way to hurt someone. What he did was deceitful and then for him to demand an apology... I would have tossed him on his ass outside my door faster then you would believe. How can someone supposedly care for someone, and then do something like that to them? Say things like that? It was cruel, plain and simple. When you "tease", you do so to provoke a reaction, not make them cry.

Ugh. It's just really rubbing me the wrong way. He's a bully and this relationship just bothers me. But at the same time, she chooses to go back to him every time, so it's her own fault. I just hope they somehow end up happy.

This.

jimjameswhatever said:
This girl has zero self respect and Kyoya is an asshole, regardless of whatever painful backstory he has. He had no excuse, and buying a necklace doesn't cancel anything out.

And This.

Seriously! And the closure for all of this in the last scene with the necklace was specially ridiculous. Frame it however you want, but for me this is a seriously messed up and abusive relationship. She really should have kicked him out of her house for all that happened in this and in the past episodes. His intentions might not have been the worst, but your actions are what really matter and that last scene just made things even weirder. He got away with it WAY too easy IMO...

But maybe I'm just overreacting a little bit. Anyway, I think she deserves much better than that.
Nov 3, 2014 11:39 PM

Nov 2014
Kyoya is an asshole, yes, but she's still going along with it!!! He's got some messed up fetish and i think she secretly likes it. She wanted to be petted in one episode and got all excited about a collar and leash to go for walks...they are perfect for each other. She needs to stop crying and get a grip.
Nov 3, 2014 11:50 PM

Sep 2013
that was so cruel, kyouya kun
Nov 4, 2014 1:21 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't mind Kyouya and his antics back when they were comedic in action, but lately he's kind of escalated into a fucking dick.

First it was dodging incoming soccer balls and making her act like a dog, now it's literally destroying her after a 5 minute conversation just for kicks.

Damn she really is a masochist when she can forgive him in tears every time he does one good thing to offset all the bad shit he does.
Nov 4, 2014 3:11 AM

Mar 2013
Christmas episode this time,
Sata been a dick, Erika end up crying = typical episode on this show.
Nov 4, 2014 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
Even if its supposed to be a cute shoujo ( that is conceived in the shittiest way possible ofc ) there's a limit to how retarded or poor-cute a shoujo heroine can be , so dont compare it to Ao haru ride and other shoujos where girls r basically chasing guys till they force them to fall for them lol Erika couldn't be a worse character , its like he could shit in her face and she worships him more for that , even if shes a masochist its still conceived in a bad way
Dropping this shit.
Nov 4, 2014 6:07 AM

Nov 2014
He better have one hell of a back story to be acting like this. Like some serious emotional trauma or I will be abandoning the show.
Nov 4, 2014 7:58 AM

Sep 2010
jimjameswhatever said:
This girl has zero self respect and Kyoya is an asshole, regardless of whatever painful backstory he has. He had no excuse, and buying a necklace doesn't cancel anything out. I guess love can be bought lol

People have fallen in love in shittier circumstance in real life so I'm honestly not in disbelief or anything, just have a hard time feeling sorry for Erika.

I agree.
Nov 4, 2014 8:00 AM

Sep 2010
kickass1888 said:
He better have one hell of a back story to be acting like this. Like some serious emotional trauma or I will be abandoning the show.

Nope, he doesn't lol he's just an asshole
Nov 4, 2014 8:26 AM

Nov 2014
FreeNightFalls said:
kickass1888 said:

Nope, he doesn't lol he's just an asshole

UGH
Nov 4, 2014 9:52 AM
Feb 2013
Teasing her to the max, really. I was actually expecting her to drop-/Sparta kick his ass out of her bedroom and past her mother. She really is way too naive, man. Her so-called friends aren't worth impressing. D:
Nov 4, 2014 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
Funny how Sata thinks women are complicated. Erika's so simple to understand. He's the one who's a pain in the ass x)
He's toying with her but that's something there...their relationship is very weird but it makes us wonder how is it going to evolve and btw...wtf happened to him??
Nov 4, 2014 1:32 PM

Jul 2010
Kyoya, fucking asshole, he really deserved that splash of water.
Think he took it too far that time.
I'm happy his confession didn't come out like that though, would've seemed so contrived.

Erika's behavior frustrates me. With the "collar," she's completely unable to retain her anger. But, I can't deny, my emotions would be toyed with that way too.
As the viewers, we know that Kyoya isn't really the asshole he makes himself out to be. But if Erika were actually my friend, I'd tell her to dump that bastard.

kickass1888 said:

That's what I'm relying on too, although I'll keep watching.
Kyoya's too hot not to watch. XD
Nov 4, 2014 3:58 PM
Jun 2010
nice boat ending
Nov 4, 2014 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
To be fair, Erika put him on the spot hard with her neediness. He had no idea what to say since he doesn't know exactly how he feels about her, but he's too proud to admit she isn't just a toy to him. So, he instinctively relies on his usual shtick. I mean not that it wasn't dickish to take it so far, it was beyond dickish. Had he ended the farce immediately he would have been justified, because he doesn't owe her an answer to that kind of question.
Nov 5, 2014 5:00 AM

Dec 2013
KYOUYA YOU TSUNDERE ASSHOLE.

"The only one who can beat me is me."
Nov 5, 2014 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
THAT WAS SO HARSH, DUDE

I actually like tsundere guys but idk why I don't feel the same to Kyouya. Whenever I read/watch shoujo, I usually GREATLY like the male lead but not this one. I have the manga in my Batoto following list but idk if I wanna read it or not. But I'll still continue this, I guess that I can forgive him for not being so expressive about his love to Erika, anyway, can't wait to see the ending.
Nov 5, 2014 9:47 PM

Jul 2013
[b]YOU'RE TEARING ME APART KYOUYA [/b]

Seriously I completely fell for the scene in the cafe like a total sucker, so i instantly felt Erika's pain. I usually give a lot of animes flak for haing the girls to shit that would be completely unacceptable in real life hell even a slap would have been considered an appropriate reaction to what Kyouya did to her. All she wanted was to have a nice Christmas ),,:

You'd think I hate him for that but then he goes on and brings her a necklace and makes me do a total 180.. I still fucking hate him but.. BUT AUUHHGH

I love this series now, I now say that with no shame. First 2 eps were kind of slow but now im completely into it cant wait for the next ep.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Nov 5, 2014 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
this show attracts all the sjw and feminists
luckily i'm neither of those so i can enjoy it to the fullest
Nov 5, 2014 11:55 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Wow, I think that's the first death threat I've seen coming from a shoujo MC, haha. She flat out told him to die! Haha.

Kyouya made up for it with the present, but I kinda feel like he was still arrogant about it and didn't really truly apologize. It really disappointed me. Oh well. I guess I'm expecting too much from him just like Erika is.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Nov 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2008
Kyouya is SO MEAN in this episode. It honestly hurts to watch Erika do this to herself. He's not good for you, honey. Come back around the second to last episode and try again when he stops being such an asshat. Jesus, this girl. Love isn't supposed to be like this!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Sequel?

OrangeJJJ - Jun 13, 2022

4 by TheDeadWalk »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

92 by katakumplat »»
Oct 29, 2023 2:10 AM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

117 by katakumplat »»
Oct 25, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

89 by katakumplat »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

92 by katakumplat »»
Oct 21, 2023 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.