Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2014 12:39 PM

Sep 2008
Shame they did not put the "funeral" or Michiru's phone message to her friend. Those two were some of my favorite bits of the game.
Nov 2, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2013
When he buries a girl alive it's fine and apparently romantic. But when I do it it's a moral issue... I just don't get this world.

Overall nice episode, it got very dark very quickly.

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Nov 2, 2014 12:55 PM
Apr 2011
Derp, why the hell is Yumiko next? I thought she would be the last girl as usual. Or maybe, Amane would be the last girl, considering her route. Hehe. Angelic Howl FTW.
Nov 2, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
Michiru is my favorite character, hands down.
But wow, i really didn't like this show at first, but WOW. WOW. did i really love this episode.
I didn't expect such an awesome story, and really good drama...
I may have to find the VN for this so I can get the full scope of it.
Point me in the right direction anyone?
*edit* 300th post! wooooo
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 2, 2014 12:56 PM
Jun 2013
Rushed this rushed that. You guys realize that none of this matters towards the story right? They might as well be filler. You guys want more than 13 episodes for characters introduction? Ok, if you guys want to know more about them just go play the dragged out game. And as for the unfortunate ones to have played through the horrid pacing, why would you even care about anime being rushed when all of them gets retconned?

When only Amane's route out of the 5 routes in the first game has any meaning to the story, 13 episodes is more than enough for this shit.
Nov 2, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2012
Ichijouji_Touko said:
Rushed this rushed that. You guys realize that none of this matters towards the story right? They might as well be filler. You guys want more than 13 episodes for characters introduction? Ok, if you guys want to know more about them just go play the dragged out game. And as for the unfortunate ones to have played through the horrid pacing, why would you even care about anime being rushed when all of them gets retconned?

When only Amane's route out of the 5 routes in the first game has any meaning to the story, 13 episodes is more than enough for this shit.

Welp, congratz on teh worst post yet.^^
Nov 2, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2007
Well I haven't played the VN and I found this episode great. I can see why it would suck compared to the original though since I read some of the parts they left out and yeah... It would have way more impact if they adapted it properly. Oh well... It wasn't that bad at least. For someone who haven't played the game I actually liked it a lot.
Nov 2, 2014 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Ichijouji_Touko said:

So what you're saying is that if it doesn't have any effect on the main story then it doesn't matter if it is good or not. Regardless of whether or not it's part of the "main" story it is still a part of the overall story as a whole, and if it is then we should at least expect quality content.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Nov 2, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2007
Ichijouji_Touko said:
Annoying shit

I really don't understand why you have to make your hate for every other route an established fact in every episode thread. Enough people feel that the game's pacing was fine so calm the hell down. You can feel that way but shit, there are people who like other routes other than Amane, so its not the ONLY important one.

On the actual episode, I'm surprised how I am actually ok with this. Still could have been WAY better, but what are you gonna do~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2014
A rushed as fuck(?) poorly handled harem with this awful episode to make it even worse.

This episode was just bad in every way there is.
Nov 2, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
The way they cut that important indoor scene in Michiru's ending is pretty bad. =/
Nov 2, 2014 1:13 PM
Aug 2014
o.O I thought Michiru simply created her friend's personality rather than literally have the personality transfer over from a heart. Well props to Yuuji for waiting three days.
Nov 2, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, really like the story. Would have been better stretched out to 4 episodes instead of 2.
It's like a mix between a Monogatari arc and one from Little Busters.
Nov 2, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
A protagonist that burries an alive girl.. we don't see that everyday haha
Nov 2, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
derprume said:
o.O I thought Michiru simply created her friend's personality rather than literally have the personality transfer over from a heart. Well props to Yuuji for waiting three days.

she created that personality
Nov 2, 2014 1:17 PM

Dec 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Michiru looks better with her blonde hair :)

True.

Very good episode. Kinda Monogatari-like. I wonder whose route is next.
Nov 2, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2007
Segneal said:
derprume said:

She did not create it,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2014 1:24 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kyouraku-san said:
DoctorWasabi said:

True.

def Yumiko's based on what the next episode name was
Nov 2, 2014 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
Ketuekigami said:
Segneal said:

She did not create it,

[spoiler]you know that they didnt visit that house , eh ? . that was yuuji's sugestion . there was no visit, and no talk between mother and daughter.
so yes, that personality is "created"[/ spoiler]
Nov 2, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
Kyouraku-san said:
DoctorWasabi said:

True.

I also agree. Michiru seems like she lacks something without it. I mean, she's cute regardless, but she certainly looks more charming that way.

Kyouraku-san said:

Worst route (and girl) is next.
Nov 2, 2014 1:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
SH4kun said:
Kyouraku-san said:

True.

I also agree. Michiru seems like she lacks something without it. I mean, she's cute regardless, but she certainly looks more charming that way.
She's good with black hair too though~
Nov 2, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
SH4kun said:

Exactly. The missing twintails were the problem.
Nov 2, 2014 1:40 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BeatzMe said:
HaXXspetten said:

+1

Michiru can work without bleached hair but she sure as hell can't lose the twintails, they're part of what defines her as a character
Nov 2, 2014 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
Ichijouji_Touko said:

While I know yoou are not a fan of kajitsu, does it really matter which story matters or not? I mean I know you like Rakuen and all, but its not like some big pay off like other true routes are. If people are watching grisaia for story anyway, they will be severely disappointed.

Though I can understand what your saying to some degree that they needed to fix the pacing of the game as it was terrible, but this is a bit excessive. Like I said earlier, they are basically selling the series on shock factor alone rather than anything with any actual depth to it.

But then again if they are planning to do Rakuen (which there isn't even guarantee they will) then maybe its best not to trick people hhaa.
Nov 2, 2014 1:46 PM

Dec 2007
VanishingKira said:
The other Michiru disappeared after meeting her mom?Was there more to that or did they skip alot cause it didn't seem like it had alot of reconcile?

Yuuji says in the episode, "After that the other Michiru stopped showing up. Okay not really, She pops up every so often" lol
AversaNov 2, 2014 1:59 PM
Nov 2, 2014 1:51 PM

Feb 2013
Michiru's golden twintails of purity aren't what define her as best girl, they're only a bonus.
Nov 2, 2014 1:54 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Eden2307 said:
Michiru's golden twintails of purity aren't what define her as best girl, they're only a bonus.
I can't even imagine Michiru without her golden twintails of purity though
Nov 2, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2012
Welp, as expected. Im happy for teh chiruchiru endin' <3, but really guise, ya managed to skip her funeral and included her friend only to show her randomly suicidin'? That was quite funny thanks to 5 second character development compilation. This is y drama needs proper pacin', but i guess it was overall alright for teh bs 1-2 episode route constraint without proper focus on certain aspects.

Next episode repition Yumiko route. At least its time for a break now, they can't butcher her route^^
Nov 2, 2014 1:58 PM

Apr 2010
So i guess this was the Michiru arc i wonder what we will get next.
I wonder what that school is doing Michiru and Yuuyi disappeared for three days and after that went on a trip to the US.
Considering the small group they are in everyone should notice they are gone.
Want that raise questions?
Nov 2, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2012
Aversa said:
I wonder what that school is doing Michiru and Yuuyi disappeared for three days and after that went on a trip to the US.

Nov 2, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2011
Three days? Air is the first problem, but he could have cut some holes into it. And even she should be quite hungry now, it would not be a real problem for another few days. But what about drinking?

Either it was not three days, more like three hours (which also would mean no one would really wonder where they went), or he planned more (or adjusted it on the fly) than he wants to admit.

And while i don't know about the VN, in the anime there is no indication that the trip was imagination or anything, so unless he took her to a random house and she "fixed" the conversation with that woman in her head to fulfill her needs, he took her to the other Michiru's parents. If it where the orginal Michiru's parents, they wouldn't live in the US (unless they moved), and they should recognize her - even with golden twintails. Also, Yuuji's contact was talking about how it was difficult to find it etc.

Michiru wouldn't know about that conversation, and she has no idea Yuuji could/would do such a thing, so it can't be made up by her, therefore it happened.

Overall conclusion is everything that was shown or said happened exactly like that.

Again, VN might show more details or different, but in the anime it ought to be like that.
NwAurionNov 2, 2014 2:11 PM
Nov 2, 2014 2:05 PM
Jul 2014
Aversa said:

I think it's just a good dose of 'anime logic'. I don't remember them really explaining it in the VN either. Haven't played it in a year or so though so I might have just forgotten.
Nov 2, 2014 2:07 PM
Jul 2014
NwAurion said:
Three days? Air is the first problem, but he could have cut some holes into it. And even she should be quite hungry now, it would not be a real problem for another few days. But what about drinking?

Either it was not three days, more like three hours (which also would mean no one would really wonder where they went), or he planned more (or adjusted it on the fly) than he wants to admit.

He does say to her in this episode that he 'made some modifications' to the coffin or whatever. In the VN he does explain in more detail what exactly he did, but I've forgotten myself. It's still pretty unrealistic, but hell, it's anime, who cares.
Nov 2, 2014 2:07 PM
Mar 2014
Segneal said:
Ketuekigami said:

She did not create it,

[spoiler]you know that they didnt visit that house , eh ? . that was yuuji's sugestion . there was no visit, and no talk between mother and daughter.
so yes, that personality is "created"[/ spoiler]

Plz Segneal, you say you are not trolling but you kinda are or you are just dumb XD.
Look at this screenshot and read it carefully...

[spoiler]

[/ spoiler]
Nov 2, 2014 2:09 PM

Jan 2014
BeatzMe said:
HaXXspetten said:

Or the puberty,or the low quality...
Nov 2, 2014 2:11 PM

Dec 2007
Segneal said:

Nov 2, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
I don't even know if I'm enjoying this series or not. I'm guessing the VN is 90x better? The pacing is almost blindsiding me, I can't get invested in any of the characters whatsoever.

I'm just waiting for this to end.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 2, 2014 2:13 PM
Mar 2014
mhm, VN is 100% better but the anime did what they could do
Nov 2, 2014 2:14 PM

Dec 2007
Vexper said:
I don't even know if I'm enjoying this series or not. I'm guessing the VN is 90x better? The pacing is almost blindsiding me, I can't get invested in any of the characters whatsoever.

I'm just waiting for this to end.

I'd say more like 9,000x lol

But really it is a lot of fun, and I had no trouble getting emotionally invested in the characters in the VN. The anime does in fact drop the ball in that regard.
Nov 2, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2014
I might try the visual novel out sometime, my only experience with them is Katawa Shoujo.
Nov 2, 2014 2:19 PM
Jul 2014
Jerkhov said:
I might try the visual novel out sometime, my only experience with them is Katawa Shoujo.

It's a hell of a lot better than KS, I'll tell you that much. Hell of a lot longer, too.
Nov 2, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2011
So... why did her friend want to suicide the first time ?

and the second ?

????????????

what is going on ???
Nov 2, 2014 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Valaskjalf said:

and the second ?

????????????

what is going on ???

Segneal said:
FlowwolF said:
If I may ask, why did Michiru's friend end up suiciding?

[spoiler]
she was in love with an old man , he used her , their friends fucked and take nude pics of her. , then released it on her school. their classmates bullied her and in the end she gets pregnant . the man didnt take responsabilities and that makes kill herself[/ spoiler]

Nov 2, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2012
kami_desu said:
Valaskjalf said:

and the second ?

????????????

what is going on ???

Segneal said:

[spoiler]
she was in love with an old man , he used her , their friends fucked and take nude pics of her. , then released it on her school. their classmates bullied her and in the end she gets pregnant . the man didnt take responsabilities and that makes kill herself[/ spoiler]

That reaction was quite expected :D

#keepshowin'randomgirlsrandomlysuicidin'
Nov 2, 2014 2:31 PM

Dec 2011
Those are such drastic measures... but now I see why Grisaia is unique. Just can't help but wonder what the other girls have to offer.
Nov 2, 2014 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
This is the first episode that I actually enjoyed and was genuinely intrigued by. This was definitely a very interesting take on the split personality scenario and I got some serious flashbacks to Kill Bill during the coffin scene. I can definitely tell that the VN is probably a 100 times better but this is still better than nothing. At least now I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to the other arcs especially Amane's if it lives up to the "hype".
Nov 2, 2014 2:43 PM
Mar 2014
Definitely Amane D:::
Going to be insanely awesum D:::
Nov 2, 2014 2:48 PM
Jul 2014
deanzel said:
This is the first episode that I actually enjoyed and was genuinely intrigued by. This was definitely a very interesting take on the split personality scenario and I got some serious flashbacks to Kill Bill during the coffin scene. I can definitely tell that the VN is probably a 100 times better but this is still better than nothing. At least now I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to the other arcs especially Amane's if it lives up to the "hype".

One could argue that Amane's arc is the only 'important' one out of all of them. I'm really interested in how they'll handle the adaptation of it, I think it'll be the thing that makes or breaks the adaptation for a lot of people.
Nov 2, 2014 2:50 PM

Jan 2012
deanzel said:
At least now I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to the other arcs especially Amane's if it lives up to the "hype".

Biggest problem with that: Her route totally lives teh most from teh painfully slow pacin' (and dat very long endin' which we wont see either way). It will certainly shock, but thats probably about it. I just hope they wont show it as bad as "random girl keeps randomly suicidin'"-crap this episode. Dont underestimate Sachi btw.^^
sanleiNov 2, 2014 2:53 PM
Nov 2, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2013
Haven't read the VN yet, but to those that have, did they do a good job overall wrapping this arc up or what?
Given the amount of time they had, I thought it felt kinda rushed, but then again, I felt that the main points were revealed to us, so I thought it was nice..
Looking forward to the next arc though.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.