Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 5 Discussion

Nov 4, 2014 2:39 AM
Michiru black hair >>>>

Nov 4, 2014 3:34 AM
Wild Card

Ketuekigami said:

So you can either wait to buy it, or look up how to get is some other way. wink wink

I'm gonna do both when the localization is available for purchase. What do I win?

Nov 4, 2014 6:01 AM

Hilarious episode. Would laugh again.

Nov 4, 2014 6:17 AM

Man that was good.

Nov 4, 2014 9:27 AM

Best pacing ever, even better than that of VN!
10+++
Modified by yanaro, Nov 4, 2014 10:12 AM

Nov 4, 2014 9:30 AM

yanaro said:
Best pacing ever, even better than that of LN!
10+++
you should bait more subtly :3

Nov 4, 2014 9:44 AM

HaXXspetten said:
yanaro said:
Best pacing ever, even better than that of LN!
10+++
you should bait more subtly :3

i'm not trying to bait anyone though.

Edit: it's an eroge not LN, not sure why i wrote LN though.
Modified by yanaro, Nov 4, 2014 10:13 AM

Nov 4, 2014 11:40 AM

Looks like that escalated and ended pretty quickly.

I'm surprised they rolled with the epilogue.

Not to mention that ED. Haha
Modified by shcboomer, Nov 4, 2014 11:43 AM
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!

Nov 4, 2014 11:58 AM

This episode clearly needed more unnecessary panty shots.
Hold the door...

Nov 4, 2014 12:56 PM

Wow, a whole arc done in one episode.
Wasn't that bad, actually.

I've raised my expectations slightly for the rest of this series.
For some reason, I was getting Makoto vibes from Kanon. That's okay though. Makoto was always my favorite arc anyways.
Takeuchi said:
We never did anything wrong. Just -- time has passed and changed it all. Promises to tears. Vows to wounds. A dear person -- into a wonderful memory inside the eternity.

Nov 4, 2014 2:28 PM

Remember, kids; the best way to make someone deal with intense sadness and suicidal behavior is to bury them alive.

On another note, this show puts panty flashes in at the worst possible times. They just get forced in without any attention paid to the tone of the scene.

Nov 4, 2014 2:36 PM

TheAshmanCometh said:
Remember, kids; the best way to make someone deal with intense sadness and suicidal behavior is to bury them alive.

On another note, this show puts panty flashes in at the worst possible times. They just get forced in without any attention paid to the tone of the scene.

it makes more sense in the game.

i usually hate when people say what i just said, but this time its true.

Nov 4, 2014 2:57 PM

SolvitePriest said:
TheAshmanCometh said:

it makes more sense in the game.

i usually hate when people say what i just said, but this time its true.
panties or coffin?Lol

Nov 4, 2014 6:15 PM

A summary. That's what this feels like right now. A summary of the story - kind of. No build-up... or at least not nearly enough. Michiru's route in the VN made me tear up quite a bit even though it's not even my favourite one. But here? Didn't feel much at all, honestly.

The flashback in the VN was just......... yea, it reeeally got to me. And here in the adaptation it just zoomed past it pretty much, especially the first parts of the flashback. Really a shame.

So yea, no, I'm not happy with it right now. Can't see how something like Amane's or Makina's routes are gonna be good in this either. But we'll just have to wait and see.

It was nice that they included a character specific ED like the VN though.
YouTube (Umineko Chiru spoilers!) - VNDB - Steam

Nov 4, 2014 7:13 PM

So like,I was curious about Michiru’s route since I didn’t go through it in the VN and I guess calling it “the short version” would be an understatement. What I got were basically the reveals,the solution and the conclusion,all of them just screaming straight-up SHOCK VALUE,allowing for little-to-no emotional attachment & impact.

Well,at least the shock value worked since I am pretty shocked that Yuuji would consider something like that to be the solution to Michiru’s death wish. I will definitely go through her route in the VN whenever I get the chance now,as I’m very curious to see her story told properly and see in details just how the hell did Yuuji decide on such a solution.

Nov 4, 2014 8:43 PM

Why do they have panty shots at the most serious moments?!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Nov 4, 2014 10:03 PM

Michiru's story is complete. Who's next?

Nov 5, 2014 12:27 AM
mayukachan said:

cause Anime

Nov 5, 2014 12:28 AM

So now I finally understand how the VN readers felt during LB!/Refrain was airing. Disappointed that this route took out alot of scenes and detail.

Nov 5, 2014 12:40 AM

Wait, so they're going for the routes already? Damn.
Going with the Clannad formula of solving a heroine's problem without choosing one to be the "one" and leave it to the end?
Gespenst_One said:
So now I finally understand how the VN readers felt during LB!/Refrain was airing. Disappointed that this route took out alot of scenes and detail.

Nov 5, 2014 1:44 AM

natsucule said:
Wait, so they're going for the routes already? Damn.
Going with the Clannad formula of solving a heroine's problem without choosing one to be the "one" and leave it to the end?
pretty much except there is no "one" this time

Nov 5, 2014 5:27 AM
I just could'nt imagine how the heck they would do the Yumiko route that early, and it might even be no romantic between MC and Yumiko. Or maybe the MC's love life sealed first so that they could deal with other stuff?

Nov 5, 2014 6:04 AM
shigeki1994 said:
I just could'nt imagine how the heck they would do the Yumiko route that early, and it might even be no romantic between MC and Yumiko. Or maybe the MC's love life sealed first so that they could deal with other stuff?

The romance will definitely be there but Yuuji will have to solve her issues first. How they are going to do it in one freaking episode is beyond me.

Nov 5, 2014 6:42 AM

4/5

Technically it does not seem so mediocre, but the designs do not shine like the first time.
Narrative involves me only at the end when Michiru decides what to do.
Too bad, it lasted too little parenthesis Michiru, the events were summarized a bit too much but at least they are not skipped the main events.
I remain puzzled, I expected much more from this TV series.

Nov 5, 2014 7:19 AM

shigeki1994 said:

There is simply no romance. That should be clear with teh chiruchiru route debacle and all sequel hints.

Nov 5, 2014 8:33 AM

fluffy_maus said:
Wow, even I have to admit that they butchered that quite a lot. I srsly expected a shitstorm in this thread - but somehow, it isn't there...

Probably because rage is now replaced by denial-of-existence and resignation.

Nov 5, 2014 8:39 AM

Red_Tuesday said:
fluffy_maus said:
Wow, even I have to admit that they butchered that quite a lot. I srsly expected a shitstorm in this thread - but somehow, it isn't there...

That 180, tho.

Nov 5, 2014 8:50 AM

Love this episode so much,
That amazing stories is exactly what im
looking for when watching anime.
So happy to see Michiru get back on her feet again :)

Nov 5, 2014 8:54 AM

Red_Tuesday said:
fluffy_maus said:

Yeah, we all knew this crap would happen after episode 4 and this episodes title. Only a few hopeful ones, expected teh flashback after vox in box lol

Nov 5, 2014 9:05 AM

sanlei said:
Red_Tuesday said:

Yeah, we all knew this crap would happen after episode 4 and this episodes title. Only a few hopeful ones, expected teh flashback after vox in box lol
teh flashback was teh best thing tehy did about Michiru tohnevermind wont do it again :I..

Nov 5, 2014 9:30 AM

LonelyWizard said:
sanlei said:

teh flashback was teh best thing tehy did about Michiru tohnevermind wont do it again :I..

Now yar copyin' my hatin' mode with tehy :( :D

But yeah it was a tru masterpiece. I really lost all my tearz on teh random girl randomly suicidin' scene. Never seen such a beautiful executed scene with overflowin' emotions in such a short time, it feels like was only a minute and we hardly even knew her. :(

And ya know, this sh1t happens every day everywhere and sudden too, we even dont know what happens around us or why. :( Tehy potrait dat really well and showed us some pantsu to overcome all teh pain afterwards. Tru Happiness. :)God damnit, never remind me again, pls :I..
Modified by sanlei, Nov 5, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 5, 2014 9:33 AM
sanlei said:
shigeki1994 said:

There is simply no romance. That should be clear with teh chiruchiru route debacle and all sequel hints.

Then that route must me got damn boring lol. Without their story of running away living with each other and stuf like that, who cares? At least i understand the way Michiru route could have been axed to deal with, but the other routes... Let's wait.

Nov 5, 2014 9:51 AM

shigeki1994 said:
sanlei said:

Then that route must me got damn boring lol. Without their story of running away living with each other and stuf like that, who cares? At least i understand the way Michiru route could have been axed to deal with, but the other routes... Let's wait.

Its part of teh sequels: romance never happened in Kajitsu. And yeah repition Yumiko is boring.

They would've shown chiruchiru romance, if they weren't aimin' for teh sequels. Even within dat time constraint. We all know, they try to stuff all teh routes content in teh time constraint. So lets be thankful for that. That show has too many elements for teh time constraint anyway.

(And yeah, im not happy with teh 0.1 romance either but it really doesnt matter at this point, teh grave was already there thanks to teh time constraint and teh zero focus^^)
Modified by sanlei, Nov 5, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 5, 2014 10:20 AM

sanlei said:

But yeah it was a tru masterpiece. I really lost all my tearz on teh random girl randomly suicidin' scene. Never seen such a beautiful executed scene with overflowin' emotions in such a short time, it feels like was only a minute and we hardly even knew her. :(
Well,Michiru's friend being a random suiciding girl is not a problem compared to main girl being a random suicidal girl...And expectations/reality ratio played a good part,after episode 4 i really had no expectations...

sanlei said:
And ya know, this sh1t happens every day everywhere and sudden too, we even dont know what happens around us or why. :( Tehy potrait dat really well and showed us some pantsu to overcome all teh pain afterwards. Tru Happiness. :)God damnit, never remind me again, pls :I..
You completely understood the anime :D,respect...i never look at it that way....:O Please replenish Energy,Please replenish Energy,Please replenish Energy

Nov 5, 2014 1:11 PM
Loli Power! ~

I just wish they adapt amane route properly.
I KNOW, it may be wishing too much tho...
~~~~~~

Nov 5, 2014 1:12 PM

VGFACTCHECKER said:
mayukachan said:

cause Anime

clearly you havent played the sequels. Thats what grisaia is.

Nov 5, 2014 1:26 PM

SolvitePriest said:
VGFACTCHECKER said:

cause Anime

clearly you havent played the sequels. Thats what grisaia is.
Panties are the real plot of Grisaia...

Nov 5, 2014 2:18 PM

Does the VN make the scene more realistic when she gets out (like she actually looks unhealthy) ?The anime made it so bs

Nov 5, 2014 2:27 PM

PinkSheep said:
Does the VN make the scene more realistic when she gets out (like she actually looks unhealthy) ?The anime made it so bs

compare yourself if you can

Nov 5, 2014 3:32 PM

LonelyWizard said:
sanlei said:
You completely understood the anime :D,respect...i never look at it that way....:O Please replenish Energy,Please replenish Energy,Please replenish Energy

Me is thankful for yar respect, but: I still cant shake teh feelin' off that we are still missin' some points, but cant comprehend it yet. Like teh deeper meanin' of teh pantsu. I am not entirely sure, that these are just born from teh anime production process to simply sell teh fanservice and help us overcome teh pain. We didnt just saw teh pantsu, we saw chiruchiru wettin' teh same pantsu as in teh other episodes. Does it mean, that Yuuji solves problems within a days frame, or was it social commentary to at least change yar pantsu before enterin' a coffin? Or teh biggest plot twist: What if its really purgatory afterall?

Another hint for that could be random girl randomly suicidin' scene. Teh last time i saw a death as funny presented was Angel Beats after all. :o

Another point is teh weirdly missin' but still weirdly inserted comedy by 8bit standards: Are we sure that this anime isnt planned as black humour to enhance teh comedy portfolio of 8bit?
Its impossibre now, even teh best juice doesnt solve tehse problems. We need episode 6 asap, theres at least nothin' that could get as destroyed as chiruchiru route and i wouldnt think back to teh this episode again. And yeah, im crazy :D I also need my engrish lessons from grisaia asap... :D..

Nov 5, 2014 9:54 PM

YAYYY green eyed Michiru remains!!
MyAnimeList .....Steam.....Facebook
#Team Onodera, Anaru, Kawashima, Linda Senpai and Chisaki

Nov 6, 2014 12:47 AM

Damn so rushed.... WELP 1 cour for such a VN and all the routes to bet? it aint goin well, ahh.
I am a human.

Nov 7, 2014 1:21 AM

Ketuekigami said:
Jonesy974 said:

As someone who didn't go through the VN, are there going to be some girls who don't get their routes done?

Also, is the VN available in English(subs)? Would like to go through it eventually but there's no point if I cant read anything.

VN readers are really wondering how they are gonna do it, but all signs point to them doing every route somehow.

Yes, Grisaia VN is available in English right now. It is also getting a localized official translation project soon. So you can either wait to buy it, or look up how to get is some other way. wink wink

Oohohhoo. huehuehue.

Nov 7, 2014 2:12 AM

Poor Michiuu T.T

Hmmm... so they can't see that Michiru's eyes have a different color when she switches personalities and whatnot?

So a heart transplant also gave her the personality of the former owner of the heart eh...

Wow... Yuuji placed Michiru in a coffin and is ready to bury her alive... I guess he's doing it to teach her to like life once again...

Her best friend looked like she was raped beaten or raped... poor Michiru wet herself...

Damn, Michiru was buried alive for 3 days until she managed to get out.

LOL, California...

The ending was really nice T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."

Nov 8, 2014 12:49 AM

He buried her and waited for 3 days dafuq.
And both don't show any signs of hunger lol
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 8, 2014 7:59 AM

That's some sick backstory.
I wonder if the other girls have these crazy background, the only one I suspect is the maid one, Sachi, and Yumiko.
The other girls seem normal though.
Modified by DeAnimation, Nov 8, 2014 8:02 AM

Nov 8, 2014 10:34 AM
DeAnimation said:
I wonder if the other girls have these crazy background, the only one I suspect is the maid one, Sachi, and Yumiko.

just you wait

Nov 8, 2014 10:59 AM

VGFACTCHECKER said:
DeAnimation said:

just you wait
He is right tho...He is saying that they "seem" normal...They dont go around dressed like maid or attack people out of nowhere...

Nov 8, 2014 6:14 PM

Great episode. Luckily I don't care about the source material of this so I'm enjoying what they give me.

5/5.

Nov 9, 2014 2:48 AM

Where can I watch new episodes? I heard that there is a stream for new episodes in japanese. I want to watch EP6.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »