Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

Mar 12, 2015 10:11 AM

Mickdrew said:
We learn about Ilya's little vendetta against the Emiyas in the Fate Route.

Does no one remember?

I thought it was HF. My bad.

Mar 12, 2015 10:32 AM

Mickdrew said:
We learn about Ilya's little vendetta against the Emiyas in the Fate Route.

Does no one remember?

Yes. In a bad end. And the extent of it is literally as much as this episode shows.

WE PROPERLY learn it in UBW

And the full details in HF.
Modified by Ahenshihael, Mar 12, 2015 10:36 AM

Mar 26, 2015 5:12 AM

BD Rewatch Episode 4

- The illya added scene is one of the better anime-original scenes because it reveals information you would not know without experiencing two bad ends in fate route, allowing you to get a sense on Illya's motivations and personality as well why she is laying low now(Berserker is damaged needs to repair).
- The servant exposition by saber in this episode is one of the only "decently" done exposition sequences in this show without too much missing. OF course they did not bother even explaining what each class means or what are the "Three Knight Classes" and why it is important....ANd it was not so hard to add "Knight of ___" to the important classes and then throw in the sentence on what that means, but LOLNO...Well at least Shirou for once holds even conversation without being insulted randomly.
- Without explanations of how Magic Association handles "stand outs" who pose a risk of revealing their identities, an without explanations of capabilities of the Church anime onlies most likely can't even comprehend on how well grounded Shirou's assumption that Masters would not do anything in public places during the day is...And yet again his character suffers from that.
- Still like the placement of psychological PTSD trigger for Shirou in this episode In ayako scene. STill without Shirou's monologue about his experiences in the fire in Episode 1 and what he has seen there or HOW it affected him, most of anime onlies are going to miss that brilliant moment or not understand it.
- I like the anime-original scene of RIn fighting skeletons because it showcases that Rin is VERRRY STRONG as a magus but at the same time it ads up to portraying her as too perfect as most of her screw ups and goofball moments are removed for whatever reasons which makes what comes after this episode less believable for anime onlies.
- The ending of "ill kill him" Does not properly portray RIn's conflicted state and that she does not believe in those words she said actually happening either, so no wonder people are confused latter.

Overall this is probably THE best episode of this adaptation with actually decent portrayal of Shirou, good tone, etc an the only real flaws for this episode are how the flaws of all previous episodes and episodes to come affect it. Its as if it was written by entirely different production team.

Old Score: 5/5
New Score: 5/5

Apr 26, 2015 8:29 AM

I freaking love the ED! Kalafina!
The OP too!!!

Apr 30, 2015 7:28 AM
why is the ED so good lol. anyway i thought this episode was the best so far. 10/5

May 6, 2015 9:33 AM

That dream sequence.....

May 6, 2015 10:39 PM

that ayako girl is awesome
anyway 4/5 good ep

Jul 23, 2015 3:43 AM

gustave154 said:
why is the ED so good lol. anyway i thought this episode was the best so far. 10/5

Because Kalafina is love, Kalafina is life.
Modified by Avenger-senpai, Jul 23, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 23, 2015 5:30 PM
Insertanamehere said:
Was it even in HF? Not to my recollection.
IIRC Kirei just told Shirou the Einzbern version of events, and it wasn't clarified how Illya felt about this.
k0k0 said:
Now wait just a minute. Why in the world would Iilya want to torture Shirou because of Kirutsugu? Moreover, why would she hate (/Zero spoiler)

Zero spoiler, potentially HF spoiler, or maybe Fate, in which case might as well read it because it's not getting animated

Fate is already animated. You know the anime that is actually superior to the visual novel?

Sep 20, 2015 1:09 AM

CapsuleCore said:
ParaParaKachak said:
Holy shit at the naked Illya.

Good to see that the aren't rushing stuff just to get to the action scenes. Pretty entertaining episode on the whole and Ayako scenes were the best.

This?

NSFW:

Perhaps they will add some Ayako scenes, I like her.

to be honest this is the highlight of the whole episode, at least for me. But all you have to do is look at my favorite anime to notice my affinity towards lolis.

Oct 6, 2015 5:44 AM

Okay ! ! ! Awesome

Dec 24, 2015 1:53 PM
Retarded shit series. Dropped after the teacher and Sakura moved in on their own volition. Fuck this anime is stupid as shit, didn't know this was going to be one of those rotten harem series.

Dec 24, 2015 2:05 PM

Stormen said:
Retarded shit series. Dropped after the teacher and Sakura moved in on their own volition. Fuck this anime is stupid as shit, didn't know this was going to be one of those rotten harem series.

Is this bait ????
Lemme just say it now but this isn't a harem .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dec 24, 2015 9:06 PM
Baitdragon16 said:
Stormen said:

Is this bait ????
'

Perhaps not harem, but it most definitely have harem undertones and/or harem quality storytelling now and then. This being a prime example. Seen that crap 10 times before, and it really caught me by surprise to have a sequence of events like that here.
Modified by Stormen, Dec 24, 2015 9:07 PM

Dec 27, 2015 8:05 PM

Stormen said:
Baitdragon16 said:

Is this bait ????
'

Perhaps not harem, but it most definitely have harem undertones and/or harem quality storytelling now and then. This being a prime example. Seen that crap 10 times before, and it really caught me by surprise to have a sequence of events like that here.

It really really doesn't. F/SN wouldn't be one of the highest rated visual novels if it used cheap and pander-y story elements like harem and shit.
Don't miss out on such a great story because of premature judgment.

Dec 29, 2015 4:06 AM

astroprogs said:
Stormen said:
'

It really really doesn't. F/SN wouldn't be one of the highest rated visual novels if it used cheap and pander-y story elements like harem and shit.
Don't miss out on such a great story because of premature judgment.

He is not talking about the VN tho.
UfoUBW is certainly full of harem undertones.

This might as well have been a screencap from To Love Ru.

May 20, 2016 1:23 AM

DAT Illya scene.

lol at Sakura looking at Saber.

One waifu joins your household, you get two(well, just one) more as a bonus.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Oct 30, 2016 12:16 PM

Ah that shiro seems to attract lots of women, To bad he is traumatized.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Mar 12, 2017 5:13 AM

The characters are much better in this than in Deen Night. Seems like next episode my favourite female will make an appearance :3

Apr 15, 2017 3:12 PM

Slow episode, but it's not bad. I'm really loving the animation :)

Apr 29, 2017 10:51 PM

Saber looks SO GOOD in Rin's clothes <333333333333333

May 7, 2017 12:30 PM

I'm loving the adaptation of this storyline so far. Both the OP and ED are great.

5/5

Aug 3, 2017 11:06 PM
I'm still VERY wary that this will become the same trash that was the original fate/stay night. Saber already acts too innocent and passive.

Oct 2, 2017 10:42 AM

lol they don't trust Shirou at all so they half to stay there as well

Sep 14, 2018 5:21 AM

A pretty laid back episode. Calm before the storm?

Nov 5, 2018 1:08 PM

Huh... I just realised that they didn't explore Saber's...

... in Fate/Zero.

Interesting.

Jan 10, 11:42 PM

Good episode. A bit slow but I liked it.
Life has no meaning.

Mar 22, 4:55 PM
So Illya is the sadistic psychopath type, huh? Every story needs at least one of them..

It still baffles me how casually the masters try to kill each other. As if lives mean nothing to them as long as it leads to their wish being granted.

Jun 15, 7:41 AM

Saber is more cheerful here.
If 1 = 2, then everything is good.

Sep 22, 6:26 AM

Welll nice to see the girls reactions

Oct 31, 7:58 AM

Looks like we're meeting caster next. Something's up with that teacher.

Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]