Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 4 Discussion


Nov 1, 2014 10:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Stop with the fucking derails

Barion-Zara said:
Theorder14 said:


Aww, wasn't it supposed to be in this ep? oh well T.T


Well I'm not sure...we did see


That WAS the one we should have seen. Don't worry they did not change it.

Image from the episode:

Modified by Ahenshihael, Nov 1, 2014 10:05 AM
 
Nov 1, 2014 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9029
Dem Caster's bones looked like dinosaurs...A VN reader would get what I mean..
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Nov 1, 2014 10:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 166
Very well made episode. Explanations that don't look like infodumps, combined with SoL scenes, while being really faithful to the VN.

Also, Ilya getting additional time is almost welcome!

But still, am I the only one who hears no BGM at all?
 
Nov 1, 2014 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292
What BGM?
 
Nov 1, 2014 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4226
set up episode
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
 
Nov 1, 2014 10:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Zulkir said:
Very well made episode. Explanations that don't look like infodumps, combined with SoL scenes, while being really faithful to the VN.

Also, Ilya getting additional time is almost welcome!

But still, am I the only one who hears no BGM at all?


Sorry, nope.

The BGM was great, especially in Rin's minifight.
 
Nov 1, 2014 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21898
Maerow said:
Aw, Saber was cute in this episode.

That was so lame...

But yeah Sakura > Saber.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2403
The interaction between Shirou and Rin at the start xD He actually said that!

I liked Saber looking to the side when she said she was happy!

Saber following Shirou to school and meets the others! She sure seemed to enjoy exploring the school ^^

Liked how Rin calmly disposed the minions without flinching or anything. Caster!

Taiga and Sakura joining in at the end xD Rin saying she would kill Shirou.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1153
Looks like Rider will be in the next episode :)

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

 
Nov 1, 2014 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9029
Maerow said:
Aw, Saber was cute in this episode.



Is it bad that I ROFLMAO at this?
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
Finally the subbed version.

The scene when Mitsuzuri tells Shirou that "You never smiled" is kinda creepy.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9029
chickenonthepan said:
Finally the subbed version.

The scene when Mitsuzuri tells Shirou that "You never smiled" is kinda creepy.


And she says it in a cheerful voice as well................
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 50
Caster huh....? Boy, I hope I see more of these fights animated. Plus, I LOL'ED on the evil smile on Rin with Shirou's reaction.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 964
Don't know if it's dat Illya service or dat Ayako. Naw both of them good.

Great episode. Wonder what that dream was about? Learn (re-learn) about noble phantasm and servants true names. Saber definitely looks good in (Rin's) regular clothes. Sakura getting jelly over there. Ayako looked amazing this episode. I think the sunset in the school made her look more great. Still can't stop see Shiki when I look at her lol. Seems like Shirou will be having more people at his house. Also looks like Rin is starting to get series about the war now. Caster next episode. Can't wait.

5/5.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 207
Saber is sooooo adorable in the 4th episode!!
In the animation of 2006 she used to be so focused in the war, but now she's trying to open up but putting shirou first which is so adorable!!

Can't wait for next week!!!
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
CookingPriest said:
Zulkir said:
Very well made episode. Explanations that don't look like infodumps, combined with SoL scenes, while being really faithful to the VN.

Also, Ilya getting additional time is almost welcome!

But still, am I the only one who hears no BGM at all?


Sorry, nope.

The BGM was great, especially in Rin's minifight.


And when Saber meets Kuzuki.

The music gives a clear feeling that this man is dangerous.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9029
FateLorelei said:
Saber is sooooo adorable in the 4th episode!!
In the animation of 2006 she used to be so focused in the war, but now she's trying to open up but putting shirou first which is so adorable!!

Can't wait for next week!!!


Muh new background, dammit, need more of this, she's so adoracute~~~~
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:31 AM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 6186
Dat Illya fanservice in the beginning! :9 . Her skin tone kinda reminded me of Kuro.

Tsundere Rin's blush when being questioned by Shiro was cute! :3 . There's no way she'd be able to kill him, though she says it with much confidence.

Sakura staring at Saber in the background was pretty funny. She probably got jealous a bit..

That glaring contest between Kuzuki and Saber though.. Reticently intense!

Ayako indeed looked great this episode! I hope she gets more screentime in UBW, unlike what happened it the original Fate/SN.

Tohsaka handling those minions by herself was badass! Though, couldn't help by laugh when she said she'll kill Shiro if he were to face-off against her. XD

Great episode. Battle against Caster next. I can already tell it'll be pretty epic!
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 478
T__T <-- Tears of joy.

They're setting up a nice pace here. Some infodump, some Shirou being done surprisingly well, Rin being Rin, Saber being adorable. I wish I could just sleep till next week haha.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
chickenonthepan said:
Finally the subbed version.

The scene when Mitsuzuri tells Shirou that "You never smiled" is kinda creepy.


I think its fitting. She's being positive about it. The way I saw that scene is that Ayako is being understanding that there has to be something he went through. Being angry at people for not smiling would be ridiculous.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 858
The lack of monologues is disturbing.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:34 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 724
Ilya fanservice, eh?

It was a pretty boring episode as expected, however they did it pretty well.

One thing I noticed was that the music was way better in this episode than in the past episodes, props for improving upon that.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9029
Cheeeeeeese said:
The lack of monologues is disturbing.

Didn't notice that. But there were simple hints, rather than being in Shirou's head all the time ;)
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 563
Infodumping, Cooking, Unnecessary scenes with Sakura, this ep was pretty damn bad.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292
FateLorelei said:


Looks very bad
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2483
Cheeeeeeese said:
The lack of monologues is disturbing.


Its called an adaptation for a reason, a load of monologues don't transfer over well into anime form.

notJune said:
Infodumping, Cooking, Unnecessary scenes with Sakura, this ep was pretty damn bad.


It can't be just non-stop fighting, this isn't a Micheal Bay movie.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1273
They rushed Archer's speech at the end and skipped Rin's confusion on Archer's Noble Phantasm about how he supposedly wasted his Cadabolg.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9029
notJune said:
Infodumping, Cooking, Unnecessary scenes with Sakura, this ep was pretty damn bad.


:D I see you're not gonna like the movies June-chan
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Drake1000 said:
They rushed Archer's speech at the end and skipped Rin's confusion on Archer's Noble Phantasm about how he supposedly wasted his Cadabolg.


Going by how they are handling it, they will most likely add bits of it in other time. They seem to be skipping stuff that is reiterated more than once so it is only said once.

ElPysCongroo said:
Cheeeeeeese said:
The lack of monologues is disturbing.


Its called an adaptation for a reason, a load of monologues don't transfer over well into anime form.


I hope they at least keep the most important ones. So far implying stuff about him worked very well, but it won't always. There ARE monologues they have to show.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 563
ElPysCongroo said:
notJune said:
Infodumping, Cooking, Unnecessary scenes with Sakura, this ep was pretty damn bad.


It can't be just non-stop fighting, this isn't a Micheal Bay movie.
That's not it, the infodumping and PTSD scene were both clumsy ways of conveying information to the viewer. I could care less for the action scenes if the slow, building moments were actually well written and directed but they aren't. What does cooking have to offer to the themes of Unlimited Blade Works? Why did Saber become a walking, talking textbook labeled "HGW for dummies?", why aren't they making changes so that we don't waste any time on Sakura?
The infodumping was a major con in the source material and it seems to have carried over here as well. The only worthwhile scenes in this ep were Kuzuki's intro, Mitzusuri briefly going into Shirou's state when engaging in archery, and Archer's figuring out of Caster.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
notJune said:
ElPysCongroo said:


It can't be just non-stop fighting, this isn't a Micheal Bay movie.
That's not it, the infodumping and PTSD scene were both clumsy ways of conveying information to the viewer. I could care less for the action scenes if the slow, building moments were actually well written and directed but they aren't. What does cooking have to offer to the themes of Unlimited Blade Works? Why did Saber become a walking, talking textbook labeled "HGW for dummies?", why aren't they making changes so that we don't waste any time on Sakura?


Seriously someone like you should know better.


Saber pretty much stated her position in Ep2 - She wants Shirou to get the gist of everything as fast as possible. So her explaining him what Servants are fits very well.

Mitsuzuri caring about Shirou's state felt very natural and made sense considering of how much good he has done to everyone and their connection via archery club. Also her info about his approach to archery was there, but in an earlier scene that was cut if I remember correctly.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1273
notJune said:
ElPysCongroo said:


It can't be just non-stop fighting, this isn't a Micheal Bay movie.
That's not it, the infodumping and PTSD scene were both clumsy ways of conveying information to the viewer. I could care less for the action scenes if the slow, building moments were actually well written and directed but they aren't. What does cooking have to offer to the themes of Unlimited Blade Works? Why did Saber become a walking, talking textbook labeled "HGW for dummies?", why aren't they making changes so that we don't waste any time on Sakura?
The infodumping was a major con in the source material and it seems to have carried over here as well. The only worthwhile scenes in this ep were Kuzuki's intro, Mitzusuri briefly going into Shirou's state when engaging in archery, and Archer's figuring out of Caster.


Yeah they're surprisingly rushing the important scenes and take their time on the cooking ones.
Modified by Drake1000, Nov 1, 2014 12:00 PM
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 183
Y'know a series is shit when they start an episode with lolicon fan service.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:54 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 563
Chabe said:
Y'know a series is shit when they start an episode with lolicon fan service.
It was really unneeded, why couldn't they just have Illya eating breakfast or something.

They're trying to capitalize on that lolicon money I suppose.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
notJune said:
Chabe said:
Y'know a series is shit when they start an episode with lolicon fan service.
It was really unneeded, why couldn't they just have Illya eating breakfast or something.

They're trying to capitalize on that lolicon money I suppose.


Or on formidable sized Illya fanbase formed by her being MC in her own show.

Scene fits the eerie tone of her life and conveys same foreshadowing fate route had since we have no fate adaptation.
 
Nov 1, 2014 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 331
Spooky dinosaurs and stupid sexy Illya
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Good episode, well I wasn't expecting to be "wowed" or anything here so this was fine. I really did like the scene between Mitsuzuri and Shirou, though. Particularly the look on his face after she says he never smiles.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1302
I like the fact that they stick to the general plot of UBW, but somehow manage to completely rewrite the script into something new.

Loved the episode overall, just not so happy with the CG dinosaurs. They seemed a tad choppy compared to the CG we've see in the previous episodes.
...
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1721
Seiba, Lansa, Acha... Laida (!)

Was looking forward to hearing that one lol
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 727

Great episode. They're doing such a good job developing the plot, world, and characters.

The extra Illya scene in the beginning was a very nice touch since we didn't really know Illya's intentions this route. Then the added Rin vs Bone Golems scene was a nice touch. I liked seeing Rin and Archer investigate the Caster cases in the VN so same applies here. I love all the scouting segments in general because it always make you wonder what crazy thing is going to happen next, what information they may pick up, or what servant will show up during the scouting.

Anyways, no complaints. Awesome pacing and the added segments are much appreciated, thank you ufotable.

Also I always loved the Saber dojo scenes with Saber just chilling there. It's just so relaxing....
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
insan3priest said:
Good episode, well I wasn't expecting to be "wowed" or anything here so this was fine. I really did like the scene between Mitsuzuri and Shirou, though. Particularly the look on his face after she says he never smiles.


I liked all the body language in that scene, like how shirou puts his hands in his pockets(hiding the facts/trying to avoid the situation) when she asks about rejoining the archery club.

I really liked all of his expressions in the scene and how he got the ptsd-trigger to the Great Fire at the thought of smiling.
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
Another amazing episode. Loved the explanation about the Noble Phantom.

I only have one question though, why Shiro told his teacher that Saber is in town to say hi to Kiritsugu? I mean I know that he was trying to cover it up but isn't Kiritsugu dead? I only watched Fate/Zero and this series, so I thought he's dead since we didn't see him in the first episodes of the series.
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1273
LoomyTheBrew said:

Great episode. They're doing such a good job developing the plot, world, and characters.

The extra Illya scene in the beginning was a very nice touch since we didn't really know Illya's intentions this route. Then the added Rin vs Bone Golems scene was a nice touch.


Rin vs Golems was in the VN.
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 727
Chabe said:
Y'know a series is shit when they start an episode with lolicon fan service.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA LMAO!

Here we go again. Can't wait for your intelligent arguments *cough* for today.
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 15458
great episode! though the illya scene was unnecessary tbh. they should leave that for the HF movies.
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
falsaai said:

I only have one question though, why Shiro told his teacher that Saber is in town to say hi to Kiritsugu? I mean I know that he was trying to cover it up but isn't Kiritsugu dead? I only watched Fate/Zero and this series, so I thought he's dead since we didn't see him in the first episodes of the series.


He is playing that she did not know he is.

She came to the town from foreign country without that knowledge, hence why Taiga goes "I can't just throw her out now"


silverwalls said:
great episode! though the illya scene was unnecessary tbh. they should leave that for the HF movies.


They had to establish her intentions and goals since we have no fate adaptation. Pandering to formidable-sized Illya fanbase works well too.
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
falsaai said:
Another amazing episode. Loved the explanation about the Noble Phantom.

I only have one question though, why Shiro told his teacher that Saber is in town to say hi to Kiritsugu? I mean I know that he was trying to cover it up but isn't Kiritsugu dead? I only watched Fate/Zero and this series, so I thought he's dead since we didn't see him in the first episodes of the series.

That is one for one quote from VN, he is most likely implying she is old acquaintance from his travelling and didn't knew Kiritsugu is dead. Anyway this is minor brain fart from original, don't read much into this.
I am the Wrath of God. Who else is with me?
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Shaniyaz said:
Dat Illya fanservice in the beginning! :9 . Her skin tone kinda reminded me of Kuro.

Tsundere Rin's blush when being questioned by Shiro was cute! :3 . There's no way she'd be able to kill him, though she says it with much confidence.

Sakura staring at Saber in the background was pretty funny. She probably got jealous a bit..

That glaring contest between Kuzuki and Saber though.. Reticently intense!

Ayako indeed looked great this episode! I hope she gets more screentime in UBW, unlike what happened it the original Fate/SN.

Tohsaka handling those minions by herself was badass! Though, couldn't help by laugh when she said she'll kill Shiro if he were to face-off against her. XD

Great episode. Battle against Caster next. I can already tell it'll be pretty epic!


Yes! When Illya was standing in the shade I mistook her for Kuro... needless to say I paused to savor the moment
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
CookingPriest said:
falsaai said:

I only have one question though, why Shiro told his teacher that Saber is in town to say hi to Kiritsugu? I mean I know that he was trying to cover it up but isn't Kiritsugu dead? I only watched Fate/Zero and this series, so I thought he's dead since we didn't see him in the first episodes of the series.


He is playing that she did not know he is.

She came to the town from foreign country without that knowledge, hence why Taiga goes "I can't just throw her out now"


silverwalls said:
great episode! though the illya scene was unnecessary tbh. they should leave that for the HF movies.


They had to establish her intentions and goals since we have no fate adaptation. Pandering to formidable-sized Illya fanbase works well too.


Oh god I feel so stupid.

Thank you so much for explaining. I get it know.
 
Nov 1, 2014 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 727
Drake1000 said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

Great episode. They're doing such a good job developing the plot, world, and characters.

The extra Illya scene in the beginning was a very nice touch since we didn't really know Illya's intentions this route. Then the added Rin vs Bone Golems scene was a nice touch.


Rin vs Golems was in the VN.


You're probably right (I honestly don't remember it), but it definitely seemed a bit more...... exaggerated, I guess? I mean, the giant golem thing I don't think was in the VN, but regardless I liked the fight.
 
Top
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »