Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Bomb2chest said:

Was the whole thing about the name important in someway when they were discussing it at the end ?

Sinnon explained it - the misnaming works as reference to "someone of highest caliber"

Just saying the person who wields the sword is a person with skill,honor, etc. Basically a great person ?
Nov 1, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2014
So did Klein get her number?
Nov 1, 2014 12:08 PM
Jul 2013
mother's rosario finally...the feels will be strong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW7T2djeqnI&feature=youtu.be
Nov 1, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
AntonKutovoi said:
That was a good mini-arc. Way better than GGO.

LOL AT THIS.

Seriously this arc is meaningless, completely filler-like, the tone changed too quickly and abruptly, GGO events were practically erased.

Overall 3/10 for this arc. Horrible. Just when I thought SAO had redeemed itself.
Nov 1, 2014 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
I really liked this arc, it was simple but fun and enjoyable.
Now onto the last arc!
Nov 1, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
robis798 said:

Seriously this arc is meaningless, completely filler-like,

It established the nature of Cardinal System(which is VERY important), showcased the effects it can have on virtual worlds(which is VERY important), gave Kirito excaliber(which is VERY important), set up quite a few other plot lines for future(which are VERY important)

the tone changed too quickly and abruptly,

That's called a breather.
After heavy stressful situations you want to lay back and have fun. TOo bad that that fun was still stressful because of game trying to self-destruct.

GGO events were practically erased.

Except they were not , see above.
Nov 1, 2014 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
Not even a single wipe on their first and only run through... ALO is way too easy as an MMO.
Nov 1, 2014 12:18 PM

Sep 2014
I have a feeling that Yui being able to use the camera to see and hear is going to be big later on lol. Seems like one of those small things they throw in that comes into play later. Hopefully more is explained on that. Maybe I'll find out when I read the later arc.
Nov 1, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
This was an okay I arc, nothing too special. It was nice to see all of those characters actually do something while they are all together like that..

I'm wondering what the next arc will be like.. There'll only be like half as many episodes to put into the next arc when you compare it to the first arc of this season in length, so I'm pretty curious if its just a shorter arc in the novel, or will it just leave off on a cliffhanger to end the season..
Nov 1, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
Asuna_Mel_Yuuki said:
It was a nice ep, I'm really glad that Kirito finally got Excaliber :)

Sinon should really butt out tho, that promise was a bit fucked up and asking way too much, even when she very well knows that he's in a relationship with Asuna. I'm beginning to dislike her a bit now.

Can't wait for the next arc! c:

DOES she know? We haven't seen Kirito actually tell her in the anime that he is in a relationship with Asuna~

Also Kirito hasn't really been lovey dovey with Asuna in Sinon's presence interestingly enough.
Nov 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Dec 2013
CookingPriest said:
robis798 said:

Seriously this arc is meaningless, completely filler-like,

It established the nature of Cardinal System(which is VERY important), showcased the effects it can have on virtual worlds(which is VERY important), gave Kirito excaliber(which is VERY important), set up quite a few other plot lines for future(which are VERY important)

the tone changed too quickly and abruptly,

That's called a breather.
After heavy stressful situations you want to lay back and have fun. TOo bad that that fun was still stressful because of game trying to self-destruct.

GGO events were practically erased.

Except they were not , see above.

Yeah... Then they should have done a better job at everything you said. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but in SAO there shouldn't be any 'breathers' as you say. Or at least anything like this arc : it feels like a filler. How can I think any of this is important if it's just a game? Few episodes earlier Sinon and Kirito where on a verge of actual death so automatically I expect something as strong and important.

What I wanted to say by erasing, that they became not important. At all. The relationship established between Kirito and Sinon practically evaporated. The only interectation I have seen between them was in a comedic, fanservice-y way. There was nothing left from characters personal lifes which made this show more interesting. I know this is not a filler, but it feels worse than a Naruto filler.
Nov 1, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
I was expecting the fight to be longer and better, still it was a funny episode.
Poor Klein, an Sinon teasing Kirito is the best.
That final moment at the bar, they look older (on their 20 ,right?), and that thing for Yui was cute.
Nov 1, 2014 12:34 PM

Dec 2011
Still didn't expect that Kirito would just throw away the freaking sword after going through that quest... I am also surprised that the others wasn't surprised that he did throw it. O_o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 12:37 PM
May 2014
Poor Klein hahaha.

And lol "Si...si...si...si...SINON"

Honestly they did a great job adapting Caliber considering the arc's content was not my favorite (not actually too bad and cringeworthy like ALO, but Caliber feels more like fillerish Log Horizon wannabe than an actual SAO-style). GGO was better in the LN but not as well-adapted. Hope they will do a good job on MR.
Nov 1, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2013
BakaKaito said:
Fireego said:

By the way, anyone have an HD version of that ending picture?
What do you consider HD?
Actual Size: 1920 x 1080

I consider that as HD!
Thanks! (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 1, 2014 12:38 PM

Feb 2012
Well damn Kirito and Klein got some pretty epic weapons from all of this.

Nice little dungeon arc, quite enjoyed it.
Nov 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2007
Fiji said:
Still didn't expect that Kirito would just throw away the freaking sword after going through that quest... I am also surprised that the others wasn't surprised that he did throw it. O_o

It was literally too heavy for him to jump or walk with. He had to throw it or perish with falling building.
Nov 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2012
the part where freyja turned into thor was pretty funny, gotta love the reaction from klein...but that's pretty much it
fighting scene wasn't all that exciting, just another "meh" episode >.>
Nov 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2012
I see so this arc is volume 8.5 of the novel

tsanggitu said:
just another "meh" episode >.>
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
trabeus1 said:
So is the next episode Mother's Rosario?
Should be, yes.
Nov 1, 2014 12:48 PM

Oct 2013
LnDSuv said:

http://youtu.be/egiXLXwhvzs?t=12m9s
pause right after the shot

Couldn't tell if it was backwards or if the string simply extended further than the bow (which is more plausible due to immense tension on the string).

Reason I showed the picture was because the entire bow was backwards which seemed weird to me, as you would think one holding the bow wouldn't let it turn awkwardly like that (as it is impractical for your next shot).

Maybe its a Japanese shooting style as English bowmanship did focus more on rapid fire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Vd3KP-LnQ (No Sinon backward bow effect)
Nov 1, 2014 12:50 PM

Mar 2014
Pretty good arc. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to Mother's Rosario arc next week.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 1, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
shawnofthedeadz said:
LnDSuv said:

http://youtu.be/egiXLXwhvzs?t=12m9s
pause right after the shot

Couldn't tell if it was backwards or if the string simply extended further than the bow (which is more plausible due to immense tension on the string).

Reason I showed the picture was because the entire bow was backwards which seemed weird to me, as you would think one holding the bow wouldn't let it turn awkwardly like that (as it is impractical for your next shot).

Bow "turns" after shooting following by stance.

Stance.
Shot.
Stance.
Nov 1, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2009
sinon confirmed best girl
HNGHHHHH the hots for kirito.
he's rich now too. virtually and reality. xd
Nov 1, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2013
I don't get it why Kirito threw away the sword just so that Sinon gets it back for him?!

Nov 1, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
Kurogashi said:
sinon confirmed best girl
HNGHHHHH the hots for kirito.
he's rich now too. virtually and reality. xd

The government must of paid him well for the GGO incident :P.
Nov 1, 2014 1:09 PM
Oct 2012
shawnofthedeadz said:

In the scene it was clear that the animators did it on purpose (she fired it the normal way and then it turned).

It always helps to assume that there is a reason behind purpose, i.e. it is showing or saying something that we don't know rather than being a mistake. Almost always there is.

In this case it is what happens in Kyuudo - the art of Japanese archery. You can see it even more plainly in this video by an eight dan master.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh-ohspuCmE

The reason for it, from Wikipedia is "Because of the unique shooting technique of kyudo, protection on the left (bow) arm is not generally required. The bow string, when properly released, will travel around the bow hand, coming to rest on the outside of the arm."
Nov 1, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
Nice Ep.
Nov 1, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
shawnofthedeadz said:

In the scene it was clear that the animators did it on purpose (she fired it the normal way and then it turned).

It always helps to assume that there is a reason behind purpose, i.e. it is showing or saying something that we don't know rather than being a mistake. Almost always there is.

In this case it is what happens in Kyuudo - the art of Japanese archery. You can see it even more plainly in this video by an eight dan master.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh-ohspuCmE

The reason for it, from Wikipedia is "Because of the unique shooting technique of kyudo, protection on the left (bow) arm is not generally required. The bow string, when properly released, will travel around the bow hand, coming to rest on the outside of the arm."

It could also of been laziness or keeping the budget low on minor details, though as addressed I realize now it just a different style of archery I was unfamiliar about. It looks neat and I plan to read more about it later.
Nov 1, 2014 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
Such a cringy episode. I'm lowering my score for this show.
Nov 1, 2014 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
Jerkhov said:
So did Klein get her number?

Yup. People act like he didn't though. If i remember correctly, the dust is basically the visualization of data transfer.
Nov 1, 2014 1:33 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Klein quickly finds out that only MC-kun can get the ladies and if any female pays attention to you...she's either unatainable or a bearded god.

I remember once upon a time Asuna was a extremely capable warrior and a leader of many men. Now she's...what? Just girl 1 of the harem? I'm at a loss at how this season treats her character.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 1, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
So yeah... That arc kind of... sucked. Beyond generic, anticlimactic and uninteresting. The only good thing that came out of this was seeing Sinon with cat ears and fairy cosplay clothing (which is a very good thing I might add).
Nov 1, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2012
Hey respect my Boy Klein

He Got a Legendary Weapon, Also he got Skuld's Contact info and (Reslly people nobody noticed Lisbeths words towrads klein at the end ?) i can totally Ship Lisbeth and Klein now :) Move over Kirito there is a new player heading your way.
Nov 1, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2009
I'm speechless...
Even if they planned to rush through whole arc this is taking it too far...
Completely emotionless poorly animated episode, not to mention skipping some importand facts. I bet those who didnt read novel cant make any sense out of this episode.
If MR will be done same way I just dont want to watch it anymore. If they failed to make action filled arc such as Caliber interesting, I doubt we can expect them to make a good drama arc.

-5 on final score for turning great arc into filler episodes.
Nov 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2014
lol, Sinon hitting on Kirito in front of Asuna and the rest of his harem.

Klein's so desperate. Get ya some NPC ass, yay.
Nov 1, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
Asuna_Mel_Yuuki said:
midnightblade said:
This was an okay I arc, nothing too special. It was nice to see all of those characters actually do something while they are all together like that..

I'm wondering what the next arc will be like.. There'll only be like half as many episodes to put into the next arc when you compare it to the first arc of this season in length, so I'm pretty curious if its just a shorter arc in the novel, or will it just leave off on a cliffhanger to end the season..
midnightblade said:

DOES she know? We haven't seen Kirito actually tell her in the anime that he is in a relationship with Asuna~

Also Kirito hasn't really been lovey dovey with Asuna in Sinon's presence interestingly enough.

Yes, she does know~

But after she became close friends with Asuna, she decided to push any romantic feelings towards Kazuto to the back of her mind, out of respect for the happy couple.

The only reason why Kirito agreed to her promise, is because he desperately wanted the sword.

Also, Kirito and Asuna are very much in love. Why do you think he never told her about death gun in the first place? He doesn't want her to be in danger, Kirito tends to take things on to himself when it concerns Asuna. Their relationship is very serious, to the point that they cannot live on if one of them dies. They may not act "lovey dovey" in front their friends, but they'll always be together.

How did we know she became close friends with Asuna? And how do we know that she does know? Is this coming from the Light Novel? Because if it was in the anime I missed it..
Nov 1, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
That arc ended faster than expected, but it was decent compared to the first season, I guess. Makes me wonder what comes next! :-)
Nov 1, 2014 2:21 PM
Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
So this is the end of the arc? A bit short but whatever. In terms of action, it was great but the story was pretty average imo and fairly predictable. Someone also needs to give Klein a hug. Oh well, he might find someone else in the future right for him...

Hot Excalibur though.
Ha...ha....I see what you did there. "fairly".
Nov 1, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
LOL What? That's it? Okay. Just when I thought this arc could be really good...it ends.

I almost barfed at the Sinon x Kirito moment. Can this show just stick to the game/action genre and not throw in sappy teenage romance? Kthanks.
Nov 1, 2014 2:25 PM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
LOL What? That's it? Okay. Just when I thought this arc could be really good...it ends.

I almost barfed at the Sinon x Kirito moment. Can this show just stick to the game/action genre and not throw in sappy teenage romance? Kthanks.

I could have been good if properly done. Felt unneccesary and anticlimactic.

Also, wasn't his girlfriend standing RIGHT NEXT TO THEM? Sigh...
Nov 1, 2014 2:31 PM
Nov 2009
Nice and short arc. Really enjoying this season of SAO more than the first one.

I wonder what the next real life danger they´re gonna face next.
Nov 1, 2014 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
mayukachan said:

They are adults most of them. They do act like teenagers.

Klein was funny. "I have no Hammer skills" :( LoL
Nov 1, 2014 2:35 PM

May 2014
If this was the entire show it would be a 5/10.
Remove Kirito and Yui, suddenly it's not so bad.

Seriously as stupidly animated fight between the giants alone was, the action overall wasn't bad, nor were the character actions that bad either, excluding Kirito again for the most part. The comedy was amusing.

So yes, I enjoyed it... still a shit show tho.

On top next arc is without Kirito! YAY!
Instead we get a clone of him, but it's just a girl! BOOO!
Nov 1, 2014 2:36 PM
Nov 2009
Lichtspiel said:
I don't get it why Kirito threw away the sword just so that Sinon gets it back for him?!

I was thinking the same but then I realized that the sword was to heavy for him to bring and that he wasn´t able to use it untill the quest was completed. Which means he would´ve gotten it in his inventory anyways even though he threw it away so that Sinon moment was unnecessary and awkward to do in front of his gf lol.
Nov 1, 2014 2:37 PM
Apr 2014
sinon so cute in ALO version
Nov 1, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
PoisonedTea said:

They're like 15-18. Isn't that pretty young?
Nov 1, 2014 2:45 PM

Dec 2013
Finally Mother's Rosario!

Can't wait for them feels
mods are cucks
Nov 1, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
well that was the shortest arc ever. Pretty boring at that.

tfw the boss reminds you of ulduar from world of warcraft lmao

Nov 1, 2014 2:52 PM

Feb 2013
mayukachan said:
PoisonedTea said:

They're like 15-18. Isn't that pretty young?

Young adults I guess.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

617 by Tyrannotitan121 »»
Mar 18, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.