Available on Manga Store
New
Who should Kaori end up with?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 1, 2014 5:32 PM
Nov 2014
type-beta said:
IhateWatari4 said:
I hate playboys, you don't play with someone's heart. That's just cruel. Also you forgot my 4 for death...

You must hate harems then. And no one is playing with anyone's heart. You're just playing with your fantasy. I didn't see any promise exchange. Or maybe I'm too antiquated and today when you talk to a girl you're automatically engaged to her.
IhateWatari4 said:
I don't like Kaori's ego and she's not cute in the manga... I don't like how the artist did the eyes. But at least Kaori isn't commenting on Watari's looks all the time like that's the only thing she's interested in.

I don't remember the exact words being used, but for example "cute" has different shades and may encompass more than the look alone. You can say that a kid or a puppy is cute and talk at the same time about the look and the behavior.
Don't just hate for the sake of hating. It's not like Watari is going to steal Kaori from you.
IhateWatari4 said:
But at least Kaori isn't commenting on Watari's looks all the time like that's the only thing she's interested in.

Kaori isn't interested in Kousei's look, just his piano skills. I have to admit that taking advantage of one's own abilities for one's own gain sounds almost better than judging something based on appearance alone.
IhateWatari4 said:
Here's how I see it. Kaori thinks Watari is cute and wants to get to know him and Watari thinks Kaori is cute but is only seeing that.

Isn't Kaori two-timing Kousei. I mean, they walked home together and even went to a café.
About the playing with someone's heart I'm not talking about this manga/anime. Also I'm fine with most harems as long as the MC isn't a complete a$$ like the one from School Days (THE NIGHTMARES!!!). Also yes cute can be used for many things, but I don't see how it could mean anything but looks after her performance when he says "You were really cute up there". He commented on how she looked and not on how she did first, in fact he said nothing to her about the performance. She says before she starts her performance "I wonder if my music will reach them..." not I wonder if Watari will see how cute I look. Also Kaori's last accompianist quit and she needed a new one, so why not use one that you know? Not to mention if I remember correctly she knows he quit and is maybe trying to get him to play again. Also I don't see how Kaori is two-timing Kousei, they're not even dating. When you said the whole when you talk to a girl you're automatically engaged to her I never once said anything close to that. Not to mention you say Kaori if two-timing... but how does walking home together and going to a cafe mean you're dating automatically? Oh and another thing about after her performance Kousei talks about her receiving flowers from those 2 girls not about how she looks. She's up there to perform not to look pretty for Watari. I mean what if you were up there performing and afterwords he's just like "you looked cute"... not a single word on how you did performance wise.
IhateWatari4Nov 1, 2014 5:49 PM
Nov 1, 2014 5:35 PM
Nov 2014
Just saying, I like that on here there is debates and not just arguments with everyone call each other n!gga and f@g.
Nov 1, 2014 5:52 PM
Jul 2014
IhateWatari4 said:
type-beta said:

Isn't Kaori two-timing Kousei. I mean, they walked home together and even went to a café.
Also I don't see how Kaori is two-timing Kousei, they're not even dating.
I simply applied the same logic that was used in this thread (also your logic by the way). I'm pretty surprised you agreed on the absurdity of this though.
IhateWatari4 said:
About the playing with someone's heart I'm not talking about this manga/anime.
We're talking about this anime so I inferred that your general statement applied also to this anime.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also I'm fine with most harems as long as the MC
Double standards.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also yes cute can be used for many things, but I don't see how it could mean anything but looks after her performance when he says "You were really cute up there". He commented on how she looked and not on how she did first, in fact he said nothing to her about the performance.
"That was awesome! You were so cute! It was incredible.". This is what he says after the first performance. Lines taken out of context (as always) are deceptive and misleading. Those are fitting compliments from someone who doesn't know anything about music.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also Kaori's last accompianist quit and she needed a new one, so why not use one that you know?
She barely knows him. She just happened to stumble upon a world renown gifted pianist and thus, going full opportunist, she decided to catch the ball. The timing couldn't have been better.
IhateWatari4 said:
Not to mention if I remember correctly she knows he quit and is maybe trying to get him to play again.
So now she also has the "saviour syndrome".

EDIT:
IhateWatari4 said:
When you said the whole when you talk to a girl you're automatically engaged to her I never once said anything close to that. Not to mention you say Kaori if two-timing... but how does walking home together and going to a cafe mean you're dating automatically?
It was a provocative statement. Already answered above. It was to make you realize how it was foolish to hate the guy for apparently playing with the heart of a girl he barely talked to.
IhateWatari4 said:

Oh and another thing about after her performance Kousei talks about her receiving flowers from those 2 girls not about how she looks. She's up there to perform not to look pretty for Watari. I mean what if you were up there performing and afterwords he's just like "you looked cute"... not a single word on how you did performance wise.
Watari DID comment about the performance (read better). He is just a man of few words. And Kousei is saved by the shaking hand. He was going to say something indifferent and detached.
temp_usernameNov 1, 2014 5:59 PM
Nov 1, 2014 6:02 PM
Nov 2014
type-beta said:
IhateWatari4 said:

I simply applied the same logic that was used in this thread (also your logic by the way). I'm pretty surprised you agreed on the absurdity of this though.
IhateWatari4 said:
I hate playboys, you don't play with someone's heart. That's just cruel. Also you forgot my 4 for death...

You must hate harems then. And no one is playing with anyone's heart. You're just playing with your fantasy. I didn't see any promise exchange. Or maybe I'm too antiquated and today when you talk to a girl you're automatically engaged to her.
IhateWatari4 said:

We're talking about this anime so I inferred that your general statement applied also to this anime.
IhateWatari4 said:
Double standards.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also yes cute can be used for many things, but I don't see how it could mean anything but looks after her performance when he says "You were really cute up there". He commented on how she looked and not on how she did first, in fact he said nothing to her about the performance.
"That was awesome! You were so cute! It was incredible.". This is what he says after the first performance. Lines taken out of context (as always) are deceptive and misleading. Those are fitting compliments from someone who doesn't know anything about music.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also Kaori's last accompianist quit and she needed a new one, so why not use one that you know?
She barely knows him. She just happened to stumble upon a world renown gifted pianist and thus, going full opportunist, she decided to catch the ball. The timing couldn't have been better.
IhateWatari4 said:
Not to mention if I remember correctly she knows he quit and is maybe trying to get him to play again.
Show me the logic you're talking about. Sorry for not specifying. Also I was reading the manga and he said no such thing, they probably added it in for the anime to make he seem like he didn't only care about how she looked up there (you know because they have to add it more things for them to say). Also no matter if you're into music or not you should be able to tell if someone's good or not. He's not world renowned that I know of, I never once saw them say that. Besides who is going to accompany a violin that's hard to follow, I pretty sure word would get around because Tsubaki said it was a small world. Also I said maybe.
IhateWatari4Nov 1, 2014 6:20 PM
Nov 1, 2014 6:06 PM
Nov 2014
type-beta said:
IhateWatari4 said:
IhateWatari4 said:
IhateWatari4 said:
Double standards.
IhateWatari4 said:
IhateWatari4 said:
IhateWatari4 said:

EDIT:
IhateWatari4 said:
When you said the whole when you talk to a girl you're automatically engaged to her I never once said anything close to that. Not to mention you say Kaori if two-timing... but how does walking home together and going to a cafe mean you're dating automatically?
It was a provocative statement. Already answered above. It was to make you realize how it was foolish to hate the guy for apparently playing with the heart of a girl he barely talked to.
IhateWatari4 said:

Oh and another thing about after her performance Kousei talks about her receiving flowers from those 2 girls not about how she looks. She's up there to perform not to look pretty for Watari. I mean what if you were up there performing and afterwords he's just like "you looked cute"... not a single word on how you did performance wise.
Watari DID comment about the performance (read better). He is just a man of few words. And Kousei is saved by the shaking hand. He was going to say something indifferent and detached.
On mangahere he says nothing about her performance so I don't know where you saw it. But even if Kousei was going to say something indifferent, he didn't.
Nov 1, 2014 6:16 PM
Nov 2014
Also what I said about not hating harem MC's as long as they're not a complete a$$, it doesn't mean I like them either.
Nov 1, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 2014
IhateWatari4 said:
Show me the logic you're talking about.
Read the thread. People calls him n-timer and thinks he is dating Kaori just because they spoke to one another a couple of times and supposedly were going to walk home together. This was debated. No evidence was given. People still flies with fantasy. You called him playboy.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also I wqs reading the manga and he said no such thing, they probably addes it in for the anime to make he seem like he didn't only care about how she looked up there.
Or maybe the manga translators forgot to translate/mistranslated something
IhateWatari4 said:
Also no matter if you're into music or not you should be able to tell if someone's good or not.
He gave her compliments, I quoted them above.
IhateWatari4 said:
He's not world renowned that I know of, I never once saw them say that.
Watch closer. I recall something about "youngest winner in (insert famous competition here)", "someone we (younger musicians) look up to", "every musician of our generation knows you"...watch the scene with the cat in the third episode. Also, didn't you see how the judges of the competition immediately recognized him?
IhateWatari4 said:
Besides who is going to accompany a violin that's hard to follow, I pretty sure word would get around because Tsubaki said it was a small world. Also I said maybe, I have no idea what she's thinking.
She's opportunistic, that's what she's thinking.
IhateWatari4 said:
On mangahere he says nothing about her performance so I don't know where you saw it. But even if Kousei was going to say something indifferent, he didn't.
I'm watching the anime. This is a discussion about the anime. Translators make mistakes.
Nov 1, 2014 6:39 PM
Nov 2014
type-beta said:
IhateWatari4 said:
Show me the logic you're talking about.
Read the thread. People calls him n-timer and thinks he is dating Kaori just because they spoke to one another a couple of times and supposedly were going to walk home together. This was debated. No evidence was given. People still flies with fantasy. You called him playboy.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also I wqs reading the manga and he said no such thing, they probably addes it in for the anime to make he seem like he didn't only care about how she looked up there.
Or maybe the manga translators forgot to translate/mistranslated something
IhateWatari4 said:
Also no matter if you're into music or not you should be able to tell if someone's good or not.
He gave her compliments, I quoted them above.
IhateWatari4 said:
He's not world renowned that I know of, I never once saw them say that.
Watch closer. I recall something about "youngest winner in (insert famous competition here)", "someone we (younger musicians) look up to", "every musician of our generation knows you"...watch the scene with the cat in the third episode. Also, didn't you see how the judges of the competition immediately recognized him?
IhateWatari4 said:
Besides who is going to accompany a violin that's hard to follow, I pretty sure word would get around because Tsubaki said it was a small world. Also I said maybe, I have no idea what she's thinking.
She's opportunistic, that's what she's thinking.
IhateWatari4 said:
I'm watching the anime. This is a discussion about the anime. Translators make mistakes.
Kaori? You mean Keiko right? Someone said he was dating her because he ran off with hearts around him or something. Also said he needed to walk home with her because he was neglecting her or something like that. They could have forgot or something but they still add lines into anime. Yes, he did give her a compliment but it was only on looks in the manga (source material) but according to you he said more. But as I said before they could have added that. Also when she says every musician in our generation knows you could be a overstatement or just kids in Japan. Also the judges recognize him because they're from Japan and supposely he's famous. You don't have to be world famous to be recognized in a community. Yes this a discussion about the anime I'm just saying from the translated source material he said nothing about her performance. Also you don't seem to like Kaori very much and seem to think she takes advantage of people. So I think Watari is shallow and is only interested in looks and you think Kaori takes advantage of people, right? Also when we were talking about harem MC's and you said I had double standards about them... most harem MC's aren't even playboys... except Makoto.......... oh god no
IhateWatari4Nov 1, 2014 6:46 PM
Nov 1, 2014 7:11 PM
Jul 2014
IhateWatari4 said:
Kaori? You mean Keiko right?
No, Kaori...people is sure/thinks that Watari is dating Kaori. As I said, questions were raised, answers weren't given.
IhateWatari4 said:
Yes, he did give her a compliment but it was only on looks in the manga (source material) but according to you he said more.
Nope. I already read Diamond Dust and watched Nodame Cantabile which put together are basically the same story, the adult version.
IhateWatari4 said:
But as I said before they could have added that. Also when she says every musician in our generation knows you could be a overstatement or just kids in Japan. Also the judges recognize him because they're from Japan and supposely he's famous. You don't have to be world famous to be recognized in a community.
It was an overstatement on my part. He is very well known and was considered one of the best of his generation. She knows that.
IhateWatari4 said:
Yes this a discussion about the anime I'm just saying from the translated source material he said nothing about her performance.
Quickly skimming through the second chapter I saw he clearly praised the performance. Not in front of her...one panel was probably not enough space.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also you don't seem to like Kaori very much and seem to think she takes advantage of people. So I think Watari is shallow and is only interested in looks and you think Kaori takes advantage of people, right?
Not saying she takes advantage of people, just of Kousei as far as the story goes. She's a pretty typical character with strong traits and character. I don't particularly like her nor despise her. I'm simply stating and reporting what I see. People seems to be entranced by the music and pretty visuals (and sakura petals...obviously...they can't miss one episode) of this anime and considers Kaori more than what she really is (at the moment at least). She had good moments, said something laudable, but also acted selfishly and forcibly (remember that she barely knows Kousei). People likes her because she encompasses what adolescence represents and because she's part of the shipping pairing. People identifies with the MC (this is a shounen) and thus feels the need to protect the couple. Every threat, Watari included, must be hated. And the execution of the anime clearly helps in delivering this. Also, no one seems to care about Tsubaki, the true victim of the last episode. She's another threat; empathy is undeserved. Despite being the only one worried about Kousei's condition. I didn't read the manga but if the love polygon and teen melodrama happen, "favorite pairing" threads will bloom like it were spring.
temp_usernameNov 1, 2014 7:23 PM
Nov 1, 2014 7:51 PM
Nov 2014
type-beta said:
IhateWatari4 said:
Kaori? You mean Keiko right?
No, Kaori...people is sure/thinks that Watari is dating Kaori. As I said, questions were raised, answers weren't given.
IhateWatari4 said:
Yes, he did give her a compliment but it was only on looks in the manga (source material) but according to you he said more.
Nope. I already read Diamond Dust and watched Nodame Cantabile which put together are basically the same story, the adult version.
IhateWatari4 said:
But as I said before they could have added that. Also when she says every musician in our generation knows you could be a overstatement or just kids in Japan. Also the judges recognize him because they're from Japan and supposely he's famous. You don't have to be world famous to be recognized in a community.
It was an overstatement on my part. He is very well known and was considered one of the best of his generation. She knows that.
IhateWatari4 said:
Yes this a discussion about the anime I'm just saying from the translated source material he said nothing about her performance.
Quickly skimming through the second chapter I saw he clearly praised the performance. Not in front of her...one panel was probably not enough space.
IhateWatari4 said:
Also you don't seem to like Kaori very much and seem to think she takes advantage of people. So I think Watari is shallow and is only interested in looks and you think Kaori takes advantage of people, right?
Not saying she takes advantage of people, just of Kousei as far as the story goes. She's a pretty typical character with strong traits and character. I don't particularly like her nor despise her. I'm simply stating and reporting what I see. People seems to be entranced by the music and pretty visuals (and sakura petals...obviously...they can't miss one episode) of this anime and considers Kaori more than what she really is (at the moment at least). She had good moments, said something laudable, but also acted selfishly and forcibly (remember that she barely knows Kousei). People likes her because she encompasses what adolescence represents and because she's part of the shipping pairing. People identifies with the MC (this is a shounen) and thus feels the need to protect the couple. Every threat, Watari included, must be hated. And the execution of the anime clearly helps in delivering this. Also, no one seems to care about Tsubaki, the true victim of the last episode. She's another threat; empathy is undeserved. Despite being the only one worried about Kousei's condition. I didn't read the manga but if the love polygon and teen melodrama happen, "favorite pairing" threads will bloom like it were spring.
I don't like her because she represents adolescence, in fact I like the MC of Oregairu because he doesn't represent what people would consider the social norm. I don't always like the main pairing either, like in Haganai I don't like Sena and other anime that I don't want to list. I don't like Watari because as I said before he seems shallow to me as of now but that might change. Also I care about Tsubaki! I'm not saying you said that I'm any of those, I was just stating my thoughts on what you wrote.
IhateWatari4Nov 1, 2014 7:59 PM
Nov 1, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
Smudy said:
Watari looks like the generic playboy character for now, he's basicly the only thing about this series that still keeps it from being 10/10 at the moment. He really needs some more character development.

they are all generic.

Watari is obviously secretly in love with the softball girl, who is secretly in love with kousei.

Its just a generic love square anime like everything pa works makes, but with music to make hipsters "relate".
Nov 1, 2014 7:57 PM
Nov 2014
SolvitePriest said:
Smudy said:
Watari looks like the generic playboy character for now, he's basicly the only thing about this series that still keeps it from being 10/10 at the moment. He really needs some more character development.

they are all generic.

Watari is obviously secretly in love with the softball girl, who is secretly in love with kousei.

Its just a generic love square anime like everything pa works makes, but with music to make hipsters "relate".
SolvitePriest said:
Smudy said:

they are all generic.

SolvitePriest said:
Smudy said:

they are all generic.

This is A-1...
IhateWatari4Nov 1, 2014 8:12 PM
Nov 1, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2014
All of the characters in the show are pretty horrible.
Nov 1, 2014 8:54 PM
Apr 2014
Kamima said:

They're not that bad, are they? I mean, they're just middle schoolers living in the time of their youth. The anime just begun, so you don't get to know a lot about the characters. You shouldn't judge an anime until you watch it to the ending.
Nov 1, 2014 8:58 PM
Jul 2014
TheOneOtaku said:
Kamima said:

They're not that bad, are they? I mean, they're just middle schoolers living in the time of their youth.
Not for long.
TheOneOtaku said:
The anime just begun, so you don't get to know a lot about the characters. You shouldn't judge an anime until you watch it to the ending.
This anime board would like to have a word about this.
Nov 1, 2014 10:24 PM

Oct 2014
4 pages?

wow...

did we even see anything worth discussing from him?

at this point, he seems like your another typical playboy sidekick character, who will definitely have crush on MC's childhood friend
Nov 2, 2014 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
I don't feel like I've seen enough of him to form a valid opinion
Nov 2, 2014 8:06 PM

Apr 2013
Eh? Probably he will develop later on
Too early to judge
Nov 3, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2014
JizzyHitler said:
hes like the only character i dont hate, poor kid is subjected to selfish bullies all around him using him for their own benefit at expense of his mental being

...Watari?
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 3, 2014 11:42 AM

Sep 2011
QuattroVaginas said:
JizzyHitler said:
hes like the only character i dont hate, poor kid is subjected to selfish bullies all around him using him for their own benefit at expense of his mental being

...Watari?
got them mixed up, comp lagged before i could remove my comment, thanks comp

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 3, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
Watari doesn't even have a bio on MAL

and Kousei x Tsubaki is the only match.
Nov 7, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
If he starts doing all the melodramatic bullshit , yes i will hate him but not now.
Dec 17, 2014 12:23 AM

May 2010
Why is your name "IhateWartari4" is IhateWatari1 stolen?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 17, 2014 11:35 PM

Oct 2013
Confucius said:
Why is your name "IhateWartari4" is IhateWatari1 stolen?

Lol.

I also really dislike Watari. In a show that is so full of emotions, you have this superficial piece of garbage who is all like "I get all the ladies wet cuz I'm a Japanese Messi" "Omg Kaori is so sugoi and kawaii" just pisses me off. His stupidity is such a jarring contrast to the other characters in this show.

I find it really funny how Tsubaki set up Kaori and Watari on episode 1, and ten episodes into the show they have barely even spoken to each other.
Dec 27, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
op just mad cause his favorite character isn't the japanese beckam
Jan 2, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
That username, haha.

I also really dislike Watari. I agree with what you said, its probably obvious or more likely that Kaori and Kousei will end up together.
Dec 27, 2016 6:47 PM
Dec 2016
IhateWatari4 said:
He pisses me off, all he ever does is comment on Kaori's looks while making stupid faces. I understand if you see a cute person and want to get to know them but he comments on her looks all the time! As some people commented that Watari's talk with Kousei in ep. 2 at around 17 min. is a good thing and makes him a better character. But before he starts his advice or whatever you want to call it he comments on how Kaori's cute again... really dude we get it. Also when Kousei said he can see why Watari's chick magnet, Watari replies by saying "You bet. There are plenty of girls I like." it could be a bad translation but if not... no respect. At least Kaori doesn't comment on his looks all the time, she just thought he was cute and wanted to get to know him. Also as someone pointed out in a comment below he hints about something in ep. 2 if anyone missed that. If that means what I think it means then it makes it even worse that he's playing around with Kaori. Not mention if what he hinted at is true, then he needs to stop this stuff with Kaori and be upfront about it. I mean your bestfriend likes her (I'm pretty sure as of now) and you know that, so why are you getting in the way? Don't discuss or spoil anything past what happens in the latest episode. KoarixKousei <3
I think you judged watari too quickly in this anime. The anime is only 22 episode long and only the main character(kaori,kousei and tsubaki) gets developed because of the plot need as them three have a stronger love triangle, however, eventhough watari and kaori are quite close and kousei is always refering kaori as 'The girl who likes my bestfriend', kaori and watari have never refered to each other as boyfriend or girlfriend and watari is just a side character who make up majority of the plot and from my point of view that if watari doesn't exist in this anime, the whole story and the ending will be completely different or even worse(*tiny spoiler slert*)that kaori won't be able to meet kousei in the first place because tsubaki won't agree if kaori asked to be introduced to kousei(tsubaki likes kousei incase you didnt know).

Overall, watari is not a bad person at all in my opinion and if you have watched the whole anime, the scene where hes looking at his selfie with kaori suggests that he liked her but watari may have known that kaori actually likes kousei because kaori always asks kousei whenever she needs anything so watari is always trying to be around other girls so that he looks cool about just losing a girl(the one he actually liked)to his bestfriend, and when he lost the football match, he was quite cool about it infront of his team mates but later he was crying in the bathroom about him losing the match and these things says alot about his personality, watari doesn't express his true emotions infront of other people and he likes to act as a cheerful person and jokes around.
Jan 12, 2017 12:02 AM

Mar 2014
Watari pretends to be alpha, but he's really beta.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.