Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2014 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, that was not pretty. A war in space against the Capital Army...

Can't they just get along? Anyways, I thought the battle was intense but also had tension with Bell. Mostly, I think his skills is improving over the course of these episodes during these encounters.
Oct 30, 2014 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
Bellri looked like a girl when he got his hair tied up in this episode.

It was good to see that Bellri saved Klim.
Oct 30, 2014 8:05 PM

Aug 2007
I would totally main a purple G-Self. I wish that color stick...

Well putting that aside good episode. Not much truly happen plot wise. Captial Army is getting more and more powerful though. I guess they were just from the start not obeying the laws. Well that was a great battle. Bellri is getting more able each time he sorties. Though damn I wasn't expecting Dellensen to die this early. I was expecting great things from mister Chesto! Well hopefully this brings about some good development for Bellri next ep!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 30, 2014 8:31 PM
Sep 2012
Once again, I must say that I love the retro animation style in this series. The reflector device was a thing of beauty and the scene where Bellri save Klim from burning up in the atmosphere was fantastic.

Also, did anyone notice who the two people that Bellri is seen walking with in the ending song? The imagery is kind of shocking looking at it now.
Oct 30, 2014 8:36 PM
Oct 2010
First off let me just say that the animation and artwork in this is amazing.

Secondly holy shit, I can't believe they killed Dellensen already, and not only that but it was Bellri who did it :| .

Lastly I think Klim is the best character atm but that's just me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, did the reflector system give hints of a NT-D esque system to any of you guys? Pretty sure the robot was moving on its own when he saved Klim the first time which is why he wasn't sure what was happening, could be wrong that, that entire part was confusing as hell.
GD1551Oct 30, 2014 8:42 PM
Oct 30, 2014 8:44 PM

Jan 2009
Dellensen died but i feel no impact at lol, the deaths on this anime is not sad at all, but maybe that is what they are going for since this show is meant for kids viewing
Oct 30, 2014 9:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Beast guy Dellensen died and Bell shed some tears for like 5 seconds, then in denial tries to make himself believe that it wasn't his instructor. Really? >.<
Bell might be a badass pilot but as a MC, he's a fail.

Raraiya's may finally get a bit of spotlight next week. So far, she's been an annoying character.

Oct 30, 2014 9:32 PM
Jul 2011
I feel sad that Dellensen died knowing at the last moment that the person he was trying to save was the one controlling the G-Self. :(

Bellri's reaction was realistic and natural since he was not expecting that it was Dellensen was piloting the mech. Bellri was so shock that he's trying to think that it was a different person. I'm sure if you were in his position you would do the same.
Oct 30, 2014 9:47 PM

May 2013
If Bellri escaped earlier, then he would not kill his Instructor. Oh well, its his fault anyway but at least he saved Klim.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 30, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2014
bakuenjincamillo said:
Also, did anyone notice who the two people that Bellri is seen walking with in the ending song? The imagery is kind of shocking looking at it now.

Yeah. That's how people predicted Dellensen's death as soon as Bellri offed Cahill.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 30, 2014 10:40 PM
Feb 2010
Did the end of the fight seem weird to anyoneelse one moment Bell has rammed Dellensen and got some distance. Then after the light show the G-Self has suddenly rammed a transforming MS that never transformed back into flight mode in the first place.
Oct 30, 2014 11:15 PM

Nov 2012
good episode.
klim best character
luin lee mask next episode!
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 30, 2014 11:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Momohime said:
I feel sad that Dellensen died knowing at the last moment that the person he was trying to save was the one controlling the G-Self. :(

Definitely, it's an ironic situation...
Oct 30, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
;_; poor Bellri. The fight in space was extremely good though. Next episode they are finally putting Raraiya back in the G-Self and it looks like it's triggering something.
[center]
Oct 31, 2014 12:08 AM

Jan 2013
R.I.P Dellensen T_T

BTW, am I the only one who noticed that we are on the sixth episode and no one said the word "Gundam" yet?!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 31, 2014 3:25 AM

Jun 2012
Only question I have is why hasn't Bellri and co escaped captivity yet? The trauma he just experienced was a result of waiting too long to leave

Timing? Does he want to somehow bring Aida?(Probably not but I'm just throwing ideas)
Oct 31, 2014 3:31 AM

Nov 2012
SHINOBI-03 said:
R.I.P Dellensen T_T

BTW, am I the only one who noticed that we are on the sixth episode and no one said the word "Gundam" yet?!
that indian autism girl always said G! G! G! G! like a retard though
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 31, 2014 5:07 AM

Oct 2011
Bellri is a stone cold killer!

Gg. lost a decent character..

edit: also is it wrong for me to be cheering on for the Capital Army whenever they are on screen? cause they seem more interesting than a handful of pirates.
ZemusOct 31, 2014 5:44 AM
Can such a dream truely exist?
Oct 31, 2014 6:45 AM

Jan 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
SHINOBI-03 said:
R.I.P Dellensen T_T

Lalaiya keeps calling it "G", the rest of the characters calls it "G-Self", but no one explicitly said the name "Gundam" yet. Maybe they're saving that for a twist in the future.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 31, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
skudoops said:

Secondly holy shit, I can't believe they killed Dellensen already, and not only that but it was Bellri who did it :| .

EDIT: Oh yeah, did the reflector system give hints of a NT-D esque system to any of you guys? Pretty sure the robot was moving on its own when he saved Klim the first time which is why he wasn't sure what was happening, could be wrong that, that entire part was confusing as hell.

I think you are right, but neither Chaill, nor Dellensen were newtypes to invoke the NT-D. The installation of the reflector pack looks like the "good" green mode of Gundam Unicorn, where the light and the warmth defines it as Earth's ultimate defender and hope in space.

OK, so I want to show you something about the reflector pack:

Here you can see clearly the circles, which resemble the Crown (the flying ring along the elevator). In the previous episodes Klim said the G-self was manufactured in Towasanga and apparently SU-Cordists are the manufacturers of the orbital/space elevators.

Then we have these caps from Unicorn:

http://i.imgur.com/MrC1eSm.png
and
http://i.imgur.com/XXbSnSK.png

which represent a certain someone's passing and by the shape of the blue bird, you can guess who the other "elated" newtypes are.

And here is the "light" when Bellri saved Klim (notice the outer shape of the light):

Perhaps not accidentally, the gold yellow storage device that Bellri used for recording that in fact Ameria has a fleet flying in the geocentric orbit, resembles this phoenix bird "elated" thing.

What if the legendary newtypes reside in this place where "time can be seen" and people like Raraiya are either their decedents or proxies? If the golden device is also a transmitting one, perhaps up there they know the Earth is at the brink of a new war again, but only Raraiya acted by taking the G-self with her and heading down to instill it as a defender of Earth once again (against warring countries on Earth and/or somewhere else - the dark side of the moon, Jupiter and so fucking on).

Undeniably, Aida's dad and Kumpa develop mobile suits according to some forbidden scriptures behind the curtains. The Zeonic models we saw earlier might not be memorials as Cahill thought, but tentative models after which the Ef-Bullocks were made? If so, it is not surprising that the G-Self reacted to Dellensen's machine - Turn A was considered a "monster", the nightmare of all spacenoids.

Anyway, Bellri ended up killing Cahill and Dellensen in order to survive and play an agent for Kumpa and the Capital Tower. Bright future awaits him:

Fish poop aside, see this :)

PS. The G-self works with photon energy, not with Minovski fusion ultra-compact reactor. This could link it to the SU-Cords, Bellri, and Turn X/Turn A. I don't remember exactly, but I think Turn A could also feed itself on the blasts shot at it, especially when in space and closer to Turn X (on the moon).
zellamiOct 31, 2014 7:24 AM
Oct 31, 2014 9:01 AM

Aug 2014
SHINOBI-03 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Lalaiya keeps calling it "G", the rest of the characters calls it "G-Self", but no one explicitly said the name "Gundam" yet. Maybe they're saving that for a twist in the future.

None of them know it's a Gundam, except maybe Raraiya. The G-Self is neither pirate nor Capital army technology.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 31, 2014 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Another good episode,I liked the fight and characters started to die.
I wonder how will this turn out.

Klim is the best character so far.
Oct 31, 2014 1:09 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It seems like 'older' pilots will get the short end of the stick in this series.

They have to make Bellri's motivation to fight with these guys much clearer. It hasn't been explained well enough me thinks.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 31, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2009
That's how they recognised each other
Oct 31, 2014 7:33 PM

Sep 2011
wow i wasnt expecting to hate berril this much, what an ignorant hypocrite
http://i.imgur.com/2ZYvlLG.png
no it happened because youve gone around blowing shit up in your mech, jesus christ when is a cryogenicly frozen bright gonna wake up start beating the shit out of people

that said it definety seems this is going to go down the darker route rather than the light hearted nature some thought it would go at first, not inherintly a good or bad thing but generally in a war story the darker path is more preferable since its kind of hard to make light of war and while i think berril is shit tier at the moment this episode was much more reaffirming that the series may improve

bakuenjincamillo said:

in before the ED is heaven and every single character will die

joking aside considering tomino said he doesnt want to make stories that depress people this will never happen then again theres this episode which seems petty aimed at evoking sadness so who the fuck knows anymore, but i highly doubt hes going to really channel kill em all mode, im sure there will be more deaths though, i like the image of him walking with his first 2 kills btw, i think its a nice touch

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 31, 2014 9:00 PM

Oct 2007
JizzyHitler said:
wow i wasnt expecting to hate berril this much, what an ignorant hypocrite
http://i.imgur.com/2ZYvlLG.png
no it happened because youve gone around blowing shit up in your mech, jesus christ when is a cryogenicly frozen bright gonna wake up start beating the shit out of people

that said it definety seems this is going to go down the darker route rather than the light hearted nature some thought it would go at first, not inherintly a good or bad thing but generally in a war story the darker path is more preferable since its kind of hard to make light of war and while i think berril is shit tier at the moment this episode was much more reaffirming that the series may improve

bakuenjincamillo said:

in before the ED is heaven and every single character will die

joking aside considering tomino said he doesnt want to make stories that depress people this will never happen then again theres this episode which seems petty aimed at evoking sadness so who the fuck knows anymore, but i highly doubt hes going to really channel kill em all mode, im sure there will be more deaths though, i like the image of him walking with his first 2 kills btw, i think its a nice touch

The fact that you take that line so literally shows that you just don't get this kind of show whatsoever. It should be clear to anyone that the guy was totally projecting and feels horribly guilty over the fact that he's totally just killed his teacher who was a man that he messed around with at times but clearly respected.
Nov 1, 2014 8:28 AM
Oct 2007
HybridMBL said:
Only question I have is why hasn't Bellri and co escaped captivity yet? The trauma he just experienced was a result of waiting too long to leave

Timing? Does he want to somehow bring Aida?(Probably not but I'm just throwing ideas)

Story plot issue. I still can't figure out what's going on. Dellensen is bound to die sooner or later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 11:52 AM
Jun 2014
The drama in this series is astoundingly stupid, berril is such an unbelievably dense and hypocritical dipshit, so much so that it becomes impossible to feel for him, and you know berril instead of blaming everyone around you for the deaths you directly caused why dont you take some fucking responsibility for yourself, when cahil died you blamed him and walked it off, when dellesen died you blamed him, no its all your fault for your illogical actions and reckless abandon, you reap what you sow so quit being such a child

This series is an insult the universal century
Nov 1, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2012
Youngjames said:
The drama in this series is astoundingly stupid, berril is such an unbelievably dense and hypocritical dipshit, so much so that it becomes impossible to feel for him, and you know berril instead of blaming everyone around you for the deaths you directly caused why dont you take some fucking responsibility for yourself, when cahil died you blamed him and walked it off, when dellesen died you blamed him, no its all your fault for your illogical actions and reckless abandon, you reap what you sow so quit being such a child

This series is an insult the universal century

It's Bellri, not berril. I take it, you accidentally keep misspelling his name just as Jizzy, and your posts are basically identical in punctuation and content. Way to go, coward :D

So, it's BELLRI and he IS a kid.

Dellensen is not a kid though and if someone is hypocritically there, it is him - his pals tricked their superior in creating and effecting the Capital Army, twice, and are fighting the pirates in space far from the elevators, and he is driving machine tuned to Luin. Come again, what exactly is he doing there SUCH THAT TO GET KILLED.

You know nothing about UC.
Nov 1, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
Man I totally knew he was going to kill the instructor when the music got all epic. Not suprised that they didn't get away, their plan was pretty shitty lol. I'm kinda glad they didn't get away too since Klim is basically the best character on the show and I wouldn't want him to go away. Pretty good episode 4/5
Nov 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
luccide said:
HybridMBL said:

Story plot issue. I still can't figure out what's going on. Dellensen is bound to die sooner or later.

I just figured he was planning on leaving after the battle. I'm sure he was starting to get attached to the crew at least a little bit and didn't want to abandon them.

Also the story is pretty clear I think... The capitol army is using Bellri's "kidnapping" as an excuse to form an army, and the Ameria's want some resource that the Capitol has so they're preparing for war.
Nov 1, 2014 1:11 PM
Oct 2010
zellami said:
skudoops said:

I think you are right, but neither Chaill, nor Dellensen were newtypes to invoke the NT-D. The installation of the reflector pack looks like the "good" green mode of Gundam Unicorn, where the light and the warmth defines it as Earth's ultimate defender and hope in space.

OK, so I want to show you something about the reflector pack:

That's actually quite interesting, I didn't notice that at all lol. BTW do you have any idea what the captain meant when he said "Inspector General Surugan wants our research on UC era authentication methods expedited" ?

Well this obviously tells us that they are using researching and possibly using UC era technology and weapons, but what are they specifically referring to by authentication methods? Do they mean to identify newtypes or..?
Nov 1, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2012
That was a pretty fun episode to watch, the action was done pretty well and it got fairly dramatic. Damn did Bellri just kill his mentor?

This series started off just meh, but it looks like it could be pretty decent if they make a few more good episodes and we are fully informed on what exactly is going on in this Reguild Century.

Next Episode, they fight the char clone guy again! I have a weakness for char clones, sorry..
Nov 1, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
midnightblade said:

Next Episode, they fight the char clone guy again! I have a weakness for char clones, sorry..
why be sorry, char clones are great as long as you arent chronicle ashter, luin looks like he can be a really interesting one especially because hes friends with out main character, aside from one instance which is kind of a spoiler to say all the char clones havent had any real pre-exsisting relationships with the main character so this will be a cool ride to see how this plays out.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 1, 2014 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
skudoops:

Maybe her father is looking for a particular one/s [mobile suits], but Raraiya and Bellri weren't exactly the people they knew about or were looking for. Maybe, beside Aida, they have other people with Iris Sign, since they have a readied device for it.

If we go back to the very beginning of the series, Cahill took the G-self, but how did he/Ameria knew it was coming down on Earth. It explains the raid with Aida a week, I believe, later, but nothing else.

Or maybe, they are gathering information on all UC's mobile suits, and thus authentication could also be provided by the Blue Rose of Hermes scripts (<- not certain about the name, but it was mentioned in episode 5).

Edit: One more thing - apparently, factions on Earth have the backpacks, but not the machine they can attach them. Or they don't know which pack goes to which suit. I think Aida mentioned something about this, when Kumpa let them go with the atmospheric pack.
zellamiNov 1, 2014 2:06 PM
Nov 1, 2014 11:50 PM

Dec 2010
I always have a hard time following the action in Gundam shows... but it was an okay episode. More plot less action is needed to help establish things I think...

I like Raraiya, but she hasn't really contributed much, maybe she will start in the next episode?

Also, in the ED song Bellri is linking arms with two of the characters he killed. Dellensen, and Aida's Captain.

He does look like a girl with his hair like that though...
Nov 2, 2014 8:33 AM

Mar 2012
bastek66 said:

Thanks for that. I was actually a bit confused as to how Dellensen found out last second that the person fighting him was Bellri.

First off, this show is still kind of confusing, but we know that Bellri was attempting to scout out enough information before he makes his escape. It just happened that he killed Dellensen in the heat of battle, and presumably by that point, between saving his own skin and Klim's, he really didn't have time to think about escaping.

Sadly in 6 episodes Bellri had already killed off two promising characters. Can't really blame him though. His life was threatened on both occasions because Cahill and Dellensen were formidable pilots. And as to whether his anger toward the Capital Army appeared illogical, come on, he couldn't have possibly known that the Army people were using him as an excuse to ramp up the military.
Nov 2, 2014 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
klims cool
why is there bunny on bellris suit?
removed-userNov 2, 2014 10:24 AM
Nov 2, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
This episode was pretty good, the animation during the battle was impressive
Nov 5, 2014 11:15 AM

Jan 2008
bastek66 said:

nice, thank you

Nothing makes sense, they said
Tomino is a senile old guy, they said

haha.
Nov 5, 2014 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Possibly NSFW:
Nov 5, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
NebulaC3I said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Possibly NSFW:

Nice. I'll save that image for later.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 5, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
char-aznable said:
bastek66 said:

nice, thank you

Nothing makes sense, they said
Tomino is a senile old guy, they said

haha.

It's neat how something that looked like just kind of a throwaway visual gag actually came back to kind of mean something. That's the thing about this show though, it's clearly built for the long narrative the way it's unfolding, but are people patient enough to handle that sort of thing? Not without some sort of anchor involved like an Urobuchi or the like me thinks.
Nov 5, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
NebulaC3I said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Possibly NSFW:

Saved :P It's pretty good, actually.
Nov 5, 2014 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
zellami said:
NebulaC3I said:

Possibly NSFW:

Saved :P It's pretty good, actually.
the fact that they photoshoped the haro in the last frame makes me laugh

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 5, 2014 8:33 PM
Nov 2014
I expect better universe / world detail sooner as it is currently very unclear what is going on politically, nor who is fighting who for what exactly, how the resources are controlled.. Etc
It is a deep show then, give more information.
Nov 6, 2014 2:42 AM

Jun 2013
NebulaC3I said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

Possibly NSFW:

Ah, somebody took that awesome thread from /a/ and made a gif of all the images I see. lulz were had that day.
Nov 6, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2011
So sad he died.
Nov 7, 2014 10:34 PM
Apr 2011
Best part of this episode is seeing Chuchumy poop in her fish bowl.
Nov 7, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, but still wtf story.

I just saw the crew members on Space, then out of a sudden they were on earth all along and manage to go down before Bellri and Klim.

And i thought they were planning to escape? Change of minds?? :P

Overall i'm enjoying the animation and fight scenes, but man they really need to work on how they present the story.

In any case, can't wait for the next episode!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.