Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Oct 29, 2014 8:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2455
For me it definitely has to be Great Teacher Onizuka's. The episode introduced the character of Onizuka nicely, depicting him as the hilarious and lovable badass he is, despite being a bit dumb and a pervert. :P
 
#2
Oct 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13298
Shingeki no Kyojin.

But it turned out to be a disappointment.
 
#3
Oct 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, or maybe SAO
 
#4
Oct 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 13359
SAO
 
#5
Oct 29, 2014 8:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 10249
Inferno Cop
"Hi!"
 
#6
Oct 29, 2014 8:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282


This
 
#7
Oct 29, 2014 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3761
SolvitePriest said:
Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, or maybe SAO


Edit: And shingeki, forgot to add shingeki.
Modified by Futa-chin_Kosuki, Oct 29, 2014 8:39 AM
 
#8
Oct 29, 2014 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 151
I think SAO and Death note :)
 
#9
Oct 29, 2014 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3630
-Klad- said:
Shingeki no Kyojin.


Both from a narrative and technical standpoint.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
GURREN LAGANN SPIN ON
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 792
As much as I dislike SAO Arcs nowadays, I have to say Episode 1 was pretty good.

Spice and Wolf episode 1 was pretty fucking good too, from the synopsis I genuinely though I wouldn't like it however after episode 1 i was like "Yeap, I'm gonna love it"
READ: Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria 10/10 LN you will regret not reading it, any 10/10 you've given so far will be a 7 or an 8 after you finish reading it.

 
Oct 29, 2014 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
Shingeki No Kyojins first episode wasnt that great.

People like to add the second episode of SnK into the first episode and forget that Episode 1 ended before anything actually happened.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 8300
Sengoku Basara, Death Note an Shingeki no Bahamut
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2455
SolvitePriest said:
Shingeki No Kyojins first episode wasnt that great.

People like to add the second episode of SnK into the first episode and forget that Episode 1 ended before anything actually happened.
Yeah, I agree.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 620
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
Detroit Metal City
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
Terror in resonance
Shingeki no Kyojin
desu noto
Ghost in the shell stand alone complex
samurai Champloo
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3228
Death Note, SAO and SnK for sure
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
huntx said:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
Detroit Metal City
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note

nothing happened in the first episode of jojo.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 620
sullynathan said:
huntx said:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
Detroit Metal City
Fullmetal Alchemist
Death Note

nothing happened in the first episode of jojo.

DIOOOOOO happened.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 14693
I thought SnK's first episode was extremely mediocre, enough for me to drop the series at first.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3630
Feaor said:
I thought SnK's first episode was extremely mediocre, enough for me to drop the series at first.


You dropped it after one episode? Wow.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2455
Lots of people loved DN and SAO1's first episode. Not surprising since they were so good.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2455
Feaor said:
I thought SnK's first episode was extremely mediocre, enough for me to drop the series at first.
Hmm, I didn't exactly like episode 1 either. Tbh, I actually started enjoying SnK from episode 4.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 14693
Agafin said:
Feaor said:
I thought SnK's first episode was extremely mediocre, enough for me to drop the series at first.


You dropped it after one episode? Wow.
Well maybe not drop more put on hold as I do intend to finish it and I have seen more than the first episode. But people were hyping it like crazy and I was extremely unimpressed with the first episode.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
Feaor said:
I thought SnK's first episode was extremely mediocre, enough for me to drop the series at first.


Yeah ep2 was when the magic happens

Feaor said:
Agafin said:


You dropped it after one episode? Wow.
Well maybe not drop more put on hold as I do intend to finish it and I have seen more than the first episode. But people were hyping it like crazy and I was extremely unimpressed with the first episode.


yet you watch akame ga kill and have an esdeath picture.

no words
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
Harrymanhunter said:
Lots of people loved DN and SAO1's first episode. Not surprising since they were so good.

sao's first episode wasn't so good. Too many people committed suicide because they were stuck in a game
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2455
sullynathan said:
Harrymanhunter said:
Lots of people loved DN and SAO1's first episode. Not surprising since they were so good.

sao's first episode wasn't so good. Too many people committed suicide because they were stuck in a game
Heh. :p
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 11036
Deadman Wonderland had a really good first episode in my opinion.
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 3771
The answer to this question will always be Cross Game
 
Oct 29, 2014 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 14693
SolvitePriest said:
Feaor said:
Well maybe not drop more put on hold as I do intend to finish it and I have seen more than the first episode. But people were hyping it like crazy and I was extremely unimpressed with the first episode.


yet you watch akame ga kill and have an esdeath picture.

no words

Not sure how that's relevant, but I thought the first episode of AgK was alright. Also I was definitely an AgK hater before I realized that its stupid and not to take it seriously and now I actually am enjoying it.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2455
hybreezy said:
The answer to this question will always be Cross Game
The ending, man.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
Feaor said:
SolvitePriest said:


yet you watch akame ga kill and have an esdeath picture.

no words

Not sure how that's relevant, but I thought the first episode of AgK was alright. Also I was definitely an AgK hater before I realized that its stupid and not to take it seriously and now I actually am enjoying it.

Stop it man, Agk is serious and made to be taken seriously.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 23
Maybe I looked over the responses too quickly, but nobody mentioned Ga-Rei: Zero? You should all be ashamed.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13778
Feaor said:

SolvitePriest said:


yet you watch akame ga kill and have an esdeath picture.

no words

Not sure how that's relevant, but I thought the first episode of AgK was alright. Also I was definitely an AgK hater before I realized that its stupid and not to take it seriously and now I actually am enjoying it.
What's he's trying to say is[/quote]
YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE SON
So it's pretty relevant
Modified by PeenusWeenusCaim, Oct 29, 2014 9:14 AM
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3630
Feaor said:
Agafin said:


You dropped it after one episode? Wow.
Well maybe not drop more put on hold as I do intend to finish it and I have seen more than the first episode. But people were hyping it like crazy and I was extremely unimpressed with the first episode.


The animation alone was enough for me not to drop it irrespective of the content. That episode's budget alone was probably greater than the entire budget of AKG /jk.

Seriously though, I'm really surprised you didn't like it. Many people I know found episode 1 to be great, 2-4 so-so (mostly worldbuilding) and then 5 amazing so don't drop it at least until episode 5.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3270
Gurren Lagann - That scene where Kamina and Simon (with Yoko) see the sun for the first time while free falling, is one of my favourite scenes in anime.
Spice and Wolf too.
Zankyou no Terror
FMA 2003 (or rather the first 2 episodes).
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 14693
Agafin said:
Feaor said:
Well maybe not drop more put on hold as I do intend to finish it and I have seen more than the first episode. But people were hyping it like crazy and I was extremely unimpressed with the first episode.


The animation alone was enough for me not to drop it irrespective of the content. That episode's budget alone was probably greater than the entire budget of AKG /jk.

Seriously though, I'm really surprised you didn't like it. Many people I know found episode 1 to be great, 2-4 so-so (mostly worldbuilding) and then 5 amazing so don't drop it at least until episode 5.
Its honestly because premise aside, it felt like another generic shounen action series and I'm personally not a fan of these series. And before anyone cries "But AgK is a shounen action series" I'll let them in on a little secret, I don't actually think AgK is a good show, its actually pretty average, I just think it gets an unfair amount of hate.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3460
Hyouge Mono--laughed my ass off

+1 Cross Game. Also liked Psycho Pass, Ergo Proxy, Shiinsekai Yori, and Genji Monogatari. All had something that pulled me in.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3630
Feaor said:
Agafin said:


The animation alone was enough for me not to drop it irrespective of the content. That episode's budget alone was probably greater than the entire budget of AKG /jk.

Seriously though, I'm really surprised you didn't like it. Many people I know found episode 1 to be great, 2-4 so-so (mostly worldbuilding) and then 5 amazing so don't drop it at least until episode 5.
Its honestly because premise aside, it felt like another generic shounen action series and I'm personally not a fan of these series. And before anyone cries "But AgK is a shounen action series" I'll let them in on a little secret, I don't actually think AgK is a good show, its actually pretty average, I just think it gets an unfair amount of hate.


You don't think AKG is good but yet you still watch it so I think you can do the same with SNK. Judging by your comment, it seems like you would find SNK boring given that unlike AKG, it doesn't have nearly as much comedy as it which I found to be a quality in this case but that is because I already liked the premise. Anyway, 5 episode rule.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
Gymkata said:
Hyouge Mono--laughed my ass off

+1 Cross Game. Also liked Psycho Pass, Ergo Proxy, Shiinsekai Yori, and Genji Monogatari. All had something that pulled me in.

shinsekai yori's first episode wasn't the interesting one
episode 3 was the first great episode.
 
Oct 29, 2014 9:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4674
Ga-Rei Zero.
 
Oct 29, 2014 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10409
SolvitePriest said:
Shingeki No Kyojins first episode wasnt that great.

People like to add the second episode of SnK into the first episode and forget that Episode 1 ended before anything actually happened.


Nah, the armored titan appearance in episode 2 wasn't memorable imo. You also forgot that.

 
Oct 29, 2014 10:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
hybreezy said:
The answer to this question will always be Cross Game


You can't top that.
 
Oct 29, 2014 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
xDarkrai said:
Ga-Rei Zero.

That one made me chuckle
 
Oct 29, 2014 10:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 890
sullynathan said:

shinsekai yori's first episode wasn't the interesting one
episode 3 was the first great episode.


Did you mean Episode 4?
 
Oct 29, 2014 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4674
gedata said:
xDarkrai said:
Ga-Rei Zero.

That one made me chuckle


I haven't even seen it lol.

I just said it cuz anytime I see it mentioned "1st episode so epic best in animu rest sawks".
 
Oct 29, 2014 10:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6814
xDarkrai said:
gedata said:

That one made me chuckle


I haven't even seen it lol.

I just said it cuz anytime I see it mentioned "1st episode so epic best in animu rest sawks".

I don't know about that but the first episode trolled me pretty hard.
 
Oct 29, 2014 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 10538
Attack on Titan has the best and strongest first episode of all my seen anime. Though it might not be that impactful to old viewers, but to newcomers it's extremely impactful. Especially to someone who doesn't expect any tragic events to happen right off the bat.

And anyone who says that AoT first episode made them drop the series... Well I won't comment on their taste.
 
Oct 29, 2014 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 443
guilty crown (in terms of sfx and animation), gurren lagann, SAO, Code Geass
 
Oct 29, 2014 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12282
Agafin said:
Feaor said:
Its honestly because premise aside, it felt like another generic shounen action series and I'm personally not a fan of these series. And before anyone cries "But AgK is a shounen action series" I'll let them in on a little secret, I don't actually think AgK is a good show, its actually pretty average, I just think it gets an unfair amount of hate.


You don't think AKG is good but yet you still watch it so I think you can do the same with SNK. Judging by your comment, it seems like you would find SNK boring given that unlike AKG, it doesn't have nearly as much comedy as it which I found to be a quality in this case but that is because I already liked the premise. Anyway, 5 episode rule.


But SnK is popular, so he cant watch it.

Pleb logic
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »