Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2014 2:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, the fight has ended and welp, they look damn tired with blood. No arms! I bet that must of hurt like shit.
Oct 29, 2014 2:39 AM

Jan 2009
damn its just raw no scanlations yet but lol their hands are gone (both naruto and sasuke), but orochimaru will get them a new one i guess
Oct 29, 2014 2:46 AM

Feb 2012
I guess this explains why both Naruto and Sasuke have bandages on their arms in the Last Naruto Movie. Naruto on his right and Sasuke on his left. Holy Shit.
Oct 29, 2014 2:51 AM

Jan 2009
found this on /a/

Oct 29, 2014 3:01 AM

Apr 2014
j0x said:
found this on /a/

Lol I knew it'll be a yaoi ending I knew it.
Oct 29, 2014 3:04 AM

Oct 2013
Actually, nothing explaines why Naruto and Sasuke have bandages, because in the world of Naruto it's nothing to create new arms. There is the Rinne-Path of the Rinnegan, Orochimaru could help out and Kuramas regeneration power. If they have their arms back which will be the case(just look at Naruto in the new movie) why do they have bandages?
Oct 29, 2014 3:21 AM

May 2014
Omg.... my tears.... I really dint understand a thing, but watching their faces was so sad... asn that last panel O.O no arms ._.

I thought there hands were together with seal of reconciliation i was wrong.

Almost over .... Btw i told you guys there would be a chapter 700! next week 2 chpaters. 699 and 700
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
Oct 29, 2014 3:23 AM

Feb 2012
Watch the movie and find out?
The reason why they have bandages is obviously linked to them losing their arms in this fight.
Oct 29, 2014 3:25 AM

Mar 2014
Seems it's an early release this week since the next WSJ issue is coming out Saturday rather than the usual Mondays, Huh. Cool!

Regarding the chapter, ehh I'll just wait for the English scanlations before commenting on it. But from the Chinese scans on Mangabird, it's tears and feels for me so far.

Edit: Yep! I cried. 10/10 chapter. The friendly banter, touching dialogue, delightfully detailed panels......there's no words to adequately describe it all. And that ending!!!!

One more week. Just 2 more chapters. Oh god....let's go!
RyukatsukaOct 29, 2014 4:22 AM
Oct 29, 2014 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
IceBurn,

Sure, but it doesn't make sense.
Oct 29, 2014 3:52 AM

Feb 2012
Behemoth11 said:
IceBurn,

I agree.
Oct 29, 2014 3:59 AM

May 2014
IceBurn said:
Behemoth11 said:
IceBurn,

I agree.

well, probably it is. The probably get the arms of Spiral Zetsu and get new arms. and the bandages is to prevent to get injuries while it heals

Would be weird see Naruto and Sasuke without arms xD
Oct 29, 2014 4:18 AM
Mar 2013
Hey i saw the raw pages untranslated from this site :http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/3676
and well

I guess that explains why both naruto and sasuke in the last movie have bandaged hands because

You know if the anime adapts this they will probably lower its tone by

So that leaves only next week the 2 chapter 'Series finale' to conclude the series with chapter 700! and hoping that the next issue of Weekly shonen jump cover will include Naruto taking full cover one last time just like how fullmetal alchemist did :

and my possible fan cover

since the issue will commemorate his ending.

And heres what will happen in the final two chapters next week (according to my theory)

Chapter 699 will have Naruto and sasuke recovering from their battle reunites with sasuke kakashi and Hagoromo then release the tailed beasts from their prison and then destroy the Infinite Tsukuyomi to wake everyone up and release them from their cocoons
and then Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki will then finally leave with relief that peace has finally come at last and the feud that began by his sons Indra and Asura has finally ended then everyone will gather around team 7 and hailed them as heroes for saving the shinobi world.

The final chapter (chapter 700) will be as rumored in full color (the first time in Weekly shonen jump history and the whole of Japanese manga industry ) will take place some years later (possibly after the end of 'The last naruto the movie') will show the characters in their 'where are they now' moments and then it ends with (what you fans wanted) Naruto becoming hokage which is considered as the 'end of his long journey'.

Looks like we are ready for the 2 chapter 'series finale' next week.
Oct 29, 2014 4:20 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, I really liked this chapter. Guess that's inevitable after following those two's story for sooooo long and seeing them reconcile now.

IceBurn said:
I guess this explains why both Naruto and Sasuke have bandages on their arms in the Last Naruto Movie. Naruto on his right and Sasuke on his left. Holy Shit.

Thought the same the moment I saw that last panel.
Oct 29, 2014 4:24 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty nice ending to an overall solid fight. So many flashbacks in this chapter! Though that should have been expected.

It's a miracle neither has died from blood loss yet!

It's kinda sad how close we are to the ending now :(
Oct 29, 2014 4:28 AM

Dec 2013
last page with no arms :'( .........
Oct 29, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2012
What an iconic chapter. I literally cried.

I loved the art when they both clash, and I love the symbolism of the blood in the last page, forming holding hands.

It feels so real now. The manga ending..the series ending..
It sure sucks to be me right now *internally weeping*
Oct 29, 2014 4:30 AM

May 2014
Iam so sad.... i read the translated version... i almost cried... i dint because i am in my class....

Sasuke admits is defeat not about the fight but about feelings. Naruto finally did it! He made Sasuke the way he used to be.

Great chapter GREAT!

Next week is the final week.... omfg i cant believe i lived to see this masterpiece... aff... only 2 chapters...
Oct 29, 2014 4:34 AM

Jan 2009
well the scanlations are out and the finale to the fight is awesomely concluded imho its like the first time sasuke surrendered lol
Oct 29, 2014 4:37 AM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
I love the symbolism of the blood in the last page, forming holding hands.

They're bound by blood; the strongest bond ever :-)

Kishimoto is gratifyingly deep once again.
Oct 29, 2014 4:41 AM

Dec 2012
Ryukatsuka said:
tsudecimo said:

I think after the Kaguya thing. The Sasuke conflict up to this chapter has been one of the best of his works in terms of art and story writing. I wish it had more chapters for the after math, I really do.
Oct 29, 2014 4:44 AM

Apr 2014
What a great chapter. A great conclusion to this highly anticipated fight. I can't believe there is only one week left of Naruto....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2014 4:45 AM

Dec 2013
I'm just worried how everything will end with just 1 more chapter to go.

I hope it's a long chapter... *cries*

Oct 29, 2014 4:46 AM

Jan 2009
Kryki said:
I'm just worried how everything will end with just 1 more chapter to go.

I hope it's a long chapter... *cries*

the last chapter will be 2 chapters and confirmed for 44 pages in total
Oct 29, 2014 4:47 AM

Dec 2013
j0x said:

the last chapter will be 2 chapters and confirmed for 44 pages in total

Thank you that ceased my pain a little

Oct 29, 2014 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
I want Sasuke to have his arm back! T-T

Naruto has two again in the movie though.
Oct 29, 2014 4:50 AM

Feb 2014
That was AMAZING!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Oct 29, 2014 4:50 AM

Dec 2011
That was an awesome finish...glad to see their friendship and rivalry in flashback what they both were thinking about each other.The hermit prophecy did get realise and both are still alive....can't wait for the next 2 last chapters in 2 weeks and glad that Sakura didn't appear between them
kaitonicOct 29, 2014 5:07 AM
Oct 29, 2014 4:54 AM

Sep 2014
great chapter,

Kishimoto always put naruto to defeate everyone that is bad so then they turn good persons, zabuza, gaara, nagato, obito but the problem with Sasuke is that he wasn´t defeated still now.

Naruto is the best manga because it show the people that if you never give up on something that you love you can do everyrhing, for me the best manga and anime that i been follow, the second is Saint seiya :D
Oct 29, 2014 5:01 AM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
Ryukatsuka said:

I think after the Kaguya thing. The Sasuke conflict up to this chapter has been one of the best of his works in terms of art and story writing. I wish it had more chapters for the after math, I really do.

There's something to be said of the symbolic value of it too. But yeah I totally agree with you on this short Sasuke arc more than making up for the seemingly directionless previous one that was Kaguya's. The art, the sentimental depth, the parallels set between previously established characters and Naruto/Sasuke... etc. And it's even more bitter sweet an experience because we know it'll all soon come to an end :/
Oct 29, 2014 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
This is so dumb...

a) Get a bed together already.
b) Why don't you die due to blood loss?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 29, 2014 5:05 AM

Sep 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
This is so dumb...

And what about sakura and kakashi LOL they appear at afternoon and then pluff is next day early morning, hummmm XD
Oct 29, 2014 5:08 AM

Jul 2013
Ryukatsuka said:
tsudecimo said:

True that.
Loved this chapter.
Oct 29, 2014 5:10 AM

Apr 2009
narsasrub said:
Nidhoeggr said:
This is so dumb...

And what about sakura and kakashi LOL they appear at afternoon and then pluff is next day early morning, hummmm XD

Yeah, there was also that jutsu Sasuke got from Hari and tons of other stuff that is forgotten by now...

As for the imagery, I call bs on that as well. Someone else in another forum worded it quite well just a few minutes ago:
maybe I need more hamfisted explanation, because I don't even see any "imagery" you guys are talking about.

they lost their arms. That's literally what happened, it's not imagery in any way, it's physically the result of their clash. Meanwhile, Sasuke explains his whole character's relation to Naruto with 0% subtlety. Just flat-out stating exactly how he feels, in case there was any confusion.

so yeah, imagery implies there is an image standing for something (or is that symbolism) but I don't see anything that goes deeper than face value here. Especially because Sasuke won't shut up about his feelings.

How is this bland repitition anything new or breathtaking for most of you? Is the lame blood = bonds metaphor really the high of this manga? If so, that's pretty damn disappointing after almost 700 chapters.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 29, 2014 5:14 AM

Jun 2013
Wait, was this THE last chapter? Like no more next week? Also, can anyone tell me what is that about last movie? Is that a story which comes after mangs is finished?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Oct 29, 2014 5:17 AM

Nov 2013
This chapter left a bad taste in my mouth, I hated it, nothing made sense this chapter.
The only thing that would make this chapter gayer than it was is if they kissed at the end.
SCARY MONSTER
Oct 29, 2014 5:17 AM

Jul 2014
Wait will "the last" movie be a direct sequel to the end of the manga?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2014 5:18 AM

Jan 2009
RetainingEyes said:

its looking that way, all it needs is a news confirmation about it
Oct 29, 2014 5:18 AM
Nov 2008
Tsunade and the other Kage were practically split in half by Madara and were reattached by Ororchimaru and co. what's a missing arm compared to that?
Oct 29, 2014 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
....Aaaaand the fight ended.

Welp...better than nothing I suppose. The previous chapter is one of the best, visceral fights in Naruto in years. (yes, years)

Nidhoeggr said:
narsasrub said:

Yeah, there was also that jutsu Sasuke got from Hari and tons of other stuff that is forgotten by now...

As for the imagery, I call bs on that as well. Someone else in another forum worded it quite well just a few minutes ago:
maybe I need more hamfisted explanation, because I don't even see any "imagery" you guys are talking about.

they lost their arms. That's literally what happened, it's not imagery in any way, it's physically the result of their clash. Meanwhile, Sasuke explains his whole character's relation to Naruto with 0% subtlety. Just flat-out stating exactly how he feels, in case there was any confusion.

so yeah, imagery implies there is an image standing for something (or is that symbolism) but I don't see anything that goes deeper than face value here. Especially because Sasuke won't shut up about his feelings.

How is this bland repitition anything new or breathtaking for most of you? Is the lame blood = bonds metaphor really the high of this manga? If so, that's pretty damn disappointing after almost 700 chapters.

The subtlety had long since been thrown out of the window, maybe its due to the fact that chapters as of late had been beating our heads with way too many flashbacks.

Well, its better than the clusterfuck that is the Kaguya's main fight and the previous arcs before that I guess?
bbboi90Oct 29, 2014 5:22 AM
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Oct 29, 2014 5:33 AM

Dec 2013
Sasuke laughing... And with a real not psycho simle... This is really the end.
Oct 29, 2014 5:33 AM
Mar 2013
RetainingEyes said:

Yes or takes place in the middle of chapter 700 (the latter part i think)
Oct 29, 2014 5:38 AM

Jul 2013
I gotta "hand it" to Kishimoto. That last page shocked me a bit
Oct 29, 2014 5:50 AM

Mar 2013
I-it´s not like I lost an arm because of you or anything, b-baka.
Oct 29, 2014 5:57 AM

Mar 2014
Epic ferocity at its finest !!
Friends reconciled to forever !! Dignity of a Defeat . Humility won once and for all .
Pretty GREAT Chapter !!!
Oct 29, 2014 5:58 AM

Sep 2011
I'm wondering:

Just curious
Oct 29, 2014 6:00 AM

Jan 2013
So thats why in the upcoming movie, Naruto has his arm covered.

Back to the chapter. It was the best one since Naruto vs Sasuke began. Sasuke developing into a new character (again), and that arm loss. It must hurt like hell goddamn it. Sasuke finally acknowledges Naruto, we waited 698 chapters for him to say this, god.

5/5.

aryamaiy said:
I'm wondering:

Just curious
I don't see why not.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
sarroushOct 29, 2014 7:00 AM
Oct 29, 2014 6:05 AM

Jul 2014
OH SHIT, FUCKING GREAT CHAPTER.
The best ending :3
Shit, Kishi. You made your fans proud once again.
Next week double chapters are going to get released:3

Oct 29, 2014 6:09 AM
Sep 2012
So they tired each other out, okay. But I wanted to see Naruto have a defianted victory. Sasuke admiting is a weakline is a good constalation prize but still he deserved worst.

So Sasuke that Naruto had all along. Well that is not news, I knew that all along. You just telling us stuff we already know.

Naruto saying Sasuke is nippicking because everyone else in the world hate him that was kind of hillarous. That is a major detail, and Naruto is like big deal. Naruto it is a big deal, Sasuke can't show is face anymore, everyone wants to kill him.

Anyway one more week I can't believe it is almost over. I can't wait to see what happens.
Oct 29, 2014 6:09 AM

Sep 2014
Just wowww. Can't wait to see last two chapters.
10/5
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.