Forum Settings
Forums

Do you wait until all the episodes are aired?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Nov 7, 2009 9:09 PM

Well for some series, do you wait until it's finished so you can watch them all in one go? I mean, would waiting for the next episode for a really good series kind of kill the atmosphere? (you forget the fine details of the previous episode, etc)

Personally, I don't. But normally when I watch it all at once, it has more of an effect on me. This happened with Toradora/Ga-Rei Zero/Myself; Yourself/Higurashi. It was just lucky that I didn't start watching airing series when these were still airing.

I guess I'm going to wait for Kimi No Todoke though.

Thoughts?

Nov 7, 2009 9:19 PM

Personally I don't wait but if the story looks so terrible I'll wait for a batch to come out.... Kinda like the angel show out right now

Nov 7, 2009 9:20 PM

Besides for naruto and bleach which i don't watch anymore i haven't watched any airing animes. I truely hate having to wait a week (or however long) for the next episode when i'm really hooked on a anime, used to watch it TV broadcast and waiting a week for every ep of death note hurt! It didn't kill me, but i much prefer watching completed animes. Cliffhangers are the suck. Suppose it just depends on the person.

Nov 7, 2009 9:22 PM

If I do, I don't notice. I just watch whatever anime I want to watch if it is available for me.

Nov 7, 2009 9:28 PM

Depends on what anime it is.
But usually I will wait unless for remake animes such as FMA

Nov 7, 2009 9:30 PM
nyamo said:
Personally I don't wait but if the story looks so terrible I'll wait for a batch to come out.... Kinda like the angel show out right now

Two of those episodes (5 out so far) are filled with win and very little fail, and the other three are filled with fail and very little win. But the characters have some good depth to them (except the female best friend generic harem beater) so I'm watching it as it comes out.

Nick_xD said:
I guess I'm going to wait for Kimi No Todoke though.

I envy you. I really wish I hadn't watched the first episode when it aired and waited for it to finish it so I could marathon it. But I did watch the first episode and now I can't help but watch every episode as soon as it's out, and languish the rest of the week waiting for the next one. God that series is good.

I'm watching Naruto as it comes out pretty much cos it's a filler for my time. Some series really hurt to wait for (This season's include: Kimi ni Todoke, Nyan Koi!, Kobato and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun for me), but some are just time fillers like Naruto (this season's got Fairy Tail and Kampfer). The rest are one's I'll watch as soon as they come out but I'm not waiting for them specifically, except for Seitokai no Ichizon, which is only the tenth series of anime I've ever considered dropping (and will be the sixth to actually be dropped more than likely).

I honestly don't know why people are complaining about this season's anime, there's some really good ones in it.

For the older series though, I do try and marathon.

Nov 7, 2009 9:30 PM
Yep, I always wait until the whole season's been aired and subbed. I'm currently waiting for Kobato and Kimi ni Todoke.

Nov 7, 2009 9:40 PM

It depends. I tried to do this with Darker than Black season 2, but I failed. :(

It doesn't really matter to me though, since I'm not much of a marathoner. Waiting a week per episode is just as bad waiting months for the show to end, imo. But with weekly episodes, there's a day of the week to look forward to. :)

Nov 7, 2009 10:01 PM

I prefer to wait, but sometimes if an anime catches my eye I'll watch it as it airs. Although in reptospect, I regret that with animes like Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Nov 7, 2009 10:03 PM

I'm sure this topic has been done before, but since I can't find an older one I will let this stay for now, but if someone else remembers previous versions feel free to post so I can merge them.

Anyway, I often wait until shows are over, these days. I used to watch a lot more airing stuff, but a lot of releases have become very inconsistent these days due to a lot more legal stuff and all the licensing and whatnot, so I'd rather have a show complete before starting it so I don't get stuck half way (or near the end) when releases stop then having to wait a few years for DVDs.

Nov 7, 2009 10:04 PM

I'm not someone who likes to wait weekly just to watch one episode. However, I will do it if it's a long running show like One Piece or Naruto, although eventually I'll probably drop it sooner or later...which I already have.

I couldn't imagine having to wait each week for Code Geass. Pretty much every single episode left you hanging.

Nov 7, 2009 10:07 PM

I Wait.
Or try to.

"FUCK ANIME, I'M GOING CAR RACING."

Nov 7, 2009 10:16 PM

I wait,
I get tired of waiting each week for a new one.
I feel it is just better to wait...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

Nov 7, 2009 10:18 PM

depends, how intrested I am in the anime, if I gotta watch it, I watch it the second it gets subbed, if I'm kinda interested I'll wait, but most of the time, I forget about or miss some animes I might like.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

Nov 7, 2009 10:27 PM

I will usually wait, unless it is a super long anime like gintama/one piece, because I hate cliff hangers and if I watch one a week I might possibly forget important plot developments

Nov 7, 2009 10:34 PM

When buying DVDs, I strictly buy in completed box sets, so no. But when downloading, if it's still airing, no problem. It's annoying to not have the entire thing at once when you're talking about DVDs, though, because it is a serious hassle to buy a series DVD-by-DVD. It can seriously cost up to a hundred or more dollars just for a short series. In that case I'll wait for a complete collection to come out, no matter how long it takes or how bad I want to see it.
I'm back.

Nov 7, 2009 10:41 PM

I wait if it's 10-20+ episodes.
Long animes are an exemption (e.g. Hitman Reborn, Naruto, etc.)

Nov 7, 2009 11:23 PM

It depends on the show. Some I have to see right away, and others... I just wait for the batch.

Nov 7, 2009 11:27 PM

i love watching anime that is airing. Gives me something to look forward in the week :)

Nov 7, 2009 11:51 PM
Depends on the show, I guess. Some are too funny or enjoyable to wait for the entire series. The entire series can last into mid-December to mid-March, depending on length (12~24).

Nov 8, 2009 12:07 AM

I watch animes and dramas as the RAWs are released :) It gives me something to look forward to

Nov 8, 2009 12:28 AM
i cant stand watching more than 10 episodes in a row, so normally i don't wait. i would just fall asleep if i watch something for too long and end up forgetting what happened

Nov 8, 2009 12:35 AM

No. I watch the series when I want to. Waiting is a pain in the ass.

Nov 8, 2009 5:41 AM

I prefer to wait. I HATE cliffhangers and the wait! The same goes for any airing TV programs such as House :P

Nov 8, 2009 6:01 AM
Liechée, Bittaly

No, just watch the damn thing as soon as its aired

Nov 8, 2009 6:44 AM

hell no

Nov 8, 2009 6:56 AM

I try but I catch up waaay too fast usually. I caught up to current bleach in like, a month XD
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)

Nov 8, 2009 6:58 AM

Used to watch the airing anime, but now i just wait until it's completed before i think about starting it. But the the negative about that is: that i am behind on everything of the couple of 3 years

Sometimes there are anime that i watch that are airing but at moment there are none

Nov 8, 2009 7:01 AM

No.

I prefer waiting a week for each episode. It doesn't feel as satisfying at the end after blowing through it.

Nov 8, 2009 7:13 AM

I wait, so I can have the freedom to choose whether to marathon or to take a break (depending on current arc's status).

Nov 8, 2009 7:27 AM

Depends. I'm watching Nogizaka Haruka 2 weekly atm. Apart from the shows charm (which for some reason clicks with me) there isn't much else to it so it can be quite a chore to marathon a show like that. Especially seeing as the original charm from season 1 is running a little dry and they are just filling episodes with fan service.

Nov 8, 2009 7:55 AM
I watch anime the second it's subbbed. Watching Umineko now~

Nov 8, 2009 8:01 AM

I just start watching a series i want to watch, doesnt really matter to me if they are fully aired or not. If not fully aired i just watch mores serie simultaniously xD.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Nov 8, 2009 8:09 AM

Nick_xD said:
I mean, would waiting for the next episode for a really good series kind of kill the atmosphere? (you forget the fine details of the previous episode, etc)

You got a point here. I also sometimes face tat problem. But I can't help but enjoy the feeling of waiting for one ep per week, IMHO, though I want to stay away from ife long series as much as i can, except NS. So, i can bear with going one ep per week for short series.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 8, 2009 8:22 AM

if the shows looks like something i want to watch, i'll do it week to week even if it kills me to have it stop just when its getting good. I would love to wait to watch it all in one go, but i'm too greedy and need it now. Usually i'll watch like between 8 and 12 week to week shows but also have a few full sets to fill the time between weeks.

Nov 8, 2009 8:51 AM

Usually yes, because I don't have the patience to wait.

Only exceptions are:

Code Geass - got into the hype. It would have not been such an awesome series if I hadn't gotten into the hype of "omg what's next!" In fact, I was going to camp on a music festival that time and considered going a day after just to watch the last release. In the end my friends had to drag me and, in the middle of the camp, I called another friend begging him to tell me what happened. He didn't.

Junjou Romantica (1 and 2) - it's episodic so it was not that troublesome.

Miracle Train - currently. Also episodic.

Everything that aired on tv. Yu-gi-Oh aired twice a week, it was torture to wait. But everything else aired every day, so it was ok.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Nov 8, 2009 10:29 AM

I try to wait.

I definitely enjoy watching the episodes all at once.

Sometimes I just can't wait though.

Nov 8, 2009 11:12 AM

usually i do wait, but sometimes i just can't .

Nov 8, 2009 11:19 AM

Nope.
I prefer following a series with everyone and not watching a series all alone.
I just did an exception this season because I had to catch with a lot of series.

Nov 8, 2009 11:20 AM

I wait only in longer series (Naruto Shippuuden and FMA - on-hold)
but sometimes it's hard to wait week to see only one ep ;/

Nov 8, 2009 11:24 AM

That usually happens to me, but only because I tend to get into series later than some people. D:
But when I actually watch when the show's still airing, I like having that week or so in between new episodes. For me it's fun to go on forums and see what everyone is saying/predictions for the upcoming episode. ;D

Nov 8, 2009 11:36 AM

I think Hellsing Ultimate is the only anime I've started before its completion, other than some ONA's and local TV shows/dubs like Pokemon, and that was because my brother couldn't stop talking about how awesome it is. Waiting is most convenient for me.
Modified by Ezekiel, Nov 8, 2009 11:41 AM

Nov 8, 2009 11:44 AM

I like watching airing anime and discussing the episodes after I've watched them. Sometimes waiting a week for the next episode is tough, but I hate waiting several months for an entire anime to air a lot more.
I waited for all episodes of Macross Frontier to air before watching it, but when I saw it I thought "Why the hell didn't I watch this earlier?!"
And when the second season of Gundam 00 and was airing, the day when the raw came out was my favorite day of the week, lol. I would not have been able to wait half a year before watching it.

Nov 8, 2009 11:48 AM

i wait for everything even the subs , i wish i knew Japanese that would save me a lot of time ^^

Nov 8, 2009 12:48 PM

Most of the time. I usually can only keep up with 1 or 2 airing shows a season plus what i want to watch that is already finished.

Nov 8, 2009 1:44 PM

Nope.
I don't think I can wait that long. |;

Nov 8, 2009 1:50 PM

Nah, I usually enjoy a weekly dose. Sometimes I go through marathoning streaks, but most of the time I like the series to last and I enjoy participating in ongoing discussions.

Nov 8, 2009 2:55 PM

For me it doesn't matter either way. Right now I'm watching some that have came out this season and watching them little by little (although I need to go watch some eps sometime since I've been behind on some <.<; ) and I have a ton of Anime on my hard drive that have already finished airing.

Nov 8, 2009 3:34 PM

I just watch every week. To be honest Even though watching in batch is alot more fun. I takes too much time. Watching every weak is a good way to keep things balanced.
Believe in me that believes in you.

Nov 8, 2009 3:44 PM

if i watch an episode or two and decide i love the show, i'll wait for it to finish airing so i can marathon it. that's pretty much how it goes yo

Pages (2) [1] 2 »