Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2009 7:20 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 7, 2009 7:51 PM

Feb 2009
So, 'Mouryoumaru' is finally gone to be inwardly absorbed by the cunning Naraku, and Kouga owes his life to Kagome and those spirits, because he was two seconds from becoming part of that...thing. o.O

And although Miroku sacrificed most of his health to buy Kohaku some time, won't it be in vain because Kohaku will have to die anyway, even if it isn't by Kikyo's hand?

In the end, I don't think anyone was happy by the end of this episode, except Naraku of course, since he got away. xD

Nov 7, 2009 9:46 PM

Nov 2008
I was impressed by this episode. Much better than the others.

I can't wait for next week.
Nov 7, 2009 10:03 PM

Sep 2008
You know it's tl;dr if a tsubasalover post is spoiler tagged.

I'm glad to see Mouryoumaru gone, but I wish Koga was gone too. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2009 10:53 PM
Nov 2007
at least he got the blue orb thing. that was annoying :l
Nov 7, 2009 11:04 PM

Nov 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
You know it's tl;dr if a tsubasalover post is spoiler tagged.

What's "tl;dr" mean?

I spoiler tagged my post because it offended some people in other series, and got suggested to add spoiler tags.

DarcyD said:

And although Miroku sacrificed most of his health to buy Kohaku some time, won't it be in vain because Kohaku will have to die anyway, even if it isn't by Kikyo's hand?

Isn't that spoiler from the later ep. of the series?
tsubasaloverNov 8, 2009 9:00 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 8, 2009 1:52 AM
Oct 2008
That thing with Miroku only looked silly.

Still, great episode. Can't wait for next episode.
Nov 8, 2009 6:38 AM

Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Why would you say that? Kouga is one of the most interesting and powerful characters in this show, without him, it'd just be two strong dog-brothers and two look-alike priestesses. o_o

Nov 8, 2009 1:38 PM
Apr 2009
Chiisus said:
That thing with Miroku only looked silly.

Still, great episode. Can't wait for next episode.

I kinda agree, it was more impactful in the manga >:
I was comparing the versions and I really did prefer it in the manga where it didn't look as dramatic (bleeding from the eyes so much and the angles) >:
Ah well, it was one of the better episodes so far >_<;

I give a 4/5
Nov 8, 2009 7:59 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I think this is the best episode so far in this season.

Nov 8, 2009 8:58 PM

Aug 2009
Uuuaaa, I think this is one the best episodes so far...

;_; Miroku....

*rereads manga to refresh memory

Lol

Nov 9, 2009 9:01 AM

Nov 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

DarcyD said:
[Isn't that spoiler from the later ep. of the series?

that`s kikyo`s plan so i see no spoiler, unless

HawthorneKitty said:

DarcyD said:

Why would you say that? Kouga is one of the most interesting and powerful characters in this show, without him, it'd just be two strong dog-brothers and two look-alike priestesses. o_o

i dont wish koga is gone, but tellme 1(one) thing koga has accomplished(and say yeah without him this wouldnt have happened!), i cant remember anything like that( kidnap kagome?/ uncover(a little atleast) inuyasha`s feelings towars kagome?(via jealousness)/get a useless goraishi?/help kikyo when she was falling from the mountain?)

his only purpose is to mess with kagome x inu relationship(wich i dont like)
so... concluding
hes a useless wolfdemon xD(to me)
btw wolfs are also dogs :P(or cannines, idk if its written like that, in spanish its "caninos" the big family of the dogs)
so its more like two strong dog-brothers and a distant cousin + 2 look-alike priestesses, a pervert monk :) and big bone weapons lover vs a demon absorving demon :P(and somewhere arround there a little fox demon)

edit: LOL i forgot to comment on the ep O_o
nice ep, and i loved how naraku devoured mouryoromau(yes i am never writting this difficult name again :]) from the inside
poor miroku, luky he has 2 priestesses to 1st aid him ASAP or he wouldnt hav done that(he knew they wont let him die, he wasnt that brave xD)
(miroku`s mind): mm we got 2 priestesses, i am gonna try to absorb naraku, if i fail they will purify the youki i might abosorb, yes this is a good plan
see next ep how he is healed
doblefiloNov 9, 2009 9:11 AM
Nov 9, 2009 3:24 PM

Feb 2009
doblefilo said:
DarcyD said:

HawthorneKitty said:
[Isn't that spoiler from the later ep. of the series?

that`s kikyo`s plan so i see no spoiler, unless

HawthorneKitty said:

DarcyD said:

i dont wish koga is gone, but tellme 1(one) thing koga has accomplished(and say yeah without him this wouldnt have happened!), i cant remember anything like that( kidnap kagome?/ uncover(a little atleast) inuyasha`s feelings towars kagome?(via jealousness)/get a useless goraishi?/help kikyo when she was falling from the mountain?)

his only purpose is to mess with kagome x inu relationship(wich i dont like)
so... concluding
hes a useless wolfdemon xD(to me)
btw wolfs are also dogs :P(or cannines, idk if its written like that, in spanish its "caninos" the big family of the dogs)
so its more like two strong dog-brothers and a distant cousin + 2 look-alike priestesses, a pervert monk :) and big bone weapons lover vs a demon absorving demon :P(and somewhere arround there a little fox demon)

edit: LOL i forgot to comment on the ep O_o
nice ep, and i loved how naraku devoured mouryoromau(yes i am never writting this difficult name again :]) from the inside
poor miroku, luky he has 2 priestesses to 1st aid him ASAP or he wouldnt hav done that(he knew they wont let him die, he wasnt that brave xD)
(miroku`s mind): mm we got 2 priestesses, i am gonna try to absorb naraku, if i fail they will purify the youki i might abosorb, yes this is a good plan
see next ep how he is healed

He's saved Kagome countless and even Inuyasha a few times I'm sure, and made plot opening possible through his story so I don't agree with you when you say he hasn't accomplished anything. Because in truth, has Inuyasha even accomplished anything yet? 189+ episodes and still Naraku lives? Think about it. xD

And no, I don't see it as a spoiler because I asked a QUESTION and I haven't read any of the manga, so I'm just wondering, I don't actually know.

Nov 9, 2009 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
If Inuyasha kanketsu-hen goes on so...

O_O!
Nov 9, 2009 9:41 PM

Nov 2008
yup, no spoiler
inu has killed many foes, not naraku but...
(too many difficult names to write them T_T)

even the leech has a special skill, if someone is poisoned he can drain the poison from him ^^

koga instead as you said, opened the plot and
i just remembered, wasnt koga or koga`s friends the ones that

also
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_Inuyasha_episodes_does_Koga_appear_in
i will rewatch them and " i`ll be back" ^^
Nov 10, 2009 4:35 AM

Sep 2009
Good ep, looking forward to the next one:)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Nov 10, 2009 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
Yet another major player is gone...and Tessaiga gets a power up from the Goraishi. I guess since the stakes were high, that made this episode better than the rest, but the pace is still lightning fast, and lots of stuff seems to happen only to suit the plot without (the tree) having any other relevance.
noteDheroNov 12, 2009 2:32 PM
Nov 12, 2009 8:26 AM

Sep 2008
Thought this episode was better than the other ones I've seen so far. Pretty impressive. I enjoyed it, for sure, although things are still moving a little too quickly. I have no doubt they can finish Inuyasha in under 26 episodes... I'm almost worried that there would be room for filler episodes if they keep up this lightning quick pace. o_o
Feb 10, 2010 4:51 PM

Feb 2009
Disgusting fellow that Naraku.

I could never understand how Miroku's kazana works? Does he absorb what he suck in?
May 28, 2010 9:24 PM

Jul 2007
lol its just one power-up/absorption after another.
Jul 14, 2010 10:41 PM

Jul 2007
finally moryoumaru died!! so naraku is back with his heart akago chan, they have to kill him nooooooow.
poor miroku that can't be happening he has to get better pleeease TT-TT.
Sep 5, 2010 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
Miroku...NOOOOOO!!!
Damn you, Naraku!! You are really getting on my nerves.
Feb 4, 2011 12:54 PM
Nov 2010
Yes, finally an episode with a normal pacing. I hope it will be like this for the rest of the series.
Mar 29, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2010
Poor Miroku...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
May 11, 2013 6:31 PM

Apr 2013
merle_noir said:
Thought this episode was better than the other ones I've seen so far. Pretty impressive. I enjoyed it, for sure, although things are still moving a little too quickly. I have no doubt they can finish Inuyasha in under 26 episodes... I'm almost worried that there would be room for filler episodes if they keep up this lightning quick pace. o_o

yeah I was wondering if it was just me or if the episodes were going way too fast. I mean, I'm not a fan of filler, but I wish they would slow down the pacing a bit. It takes away from the effect when you're rapid-firing plot advancements :/
Mar 5, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2013
Important decision:
Kohaku live or dead ?

Poor Miroku.
Apr 29, 2014 3:05 AM
Mar 2013
Miroku went way overboard with the wind tunnel this time. Seriously, he's never bled from his eyes and mouth before. I think he just shortened his lifespan by 1/2 by doing that.

It was predicatable that Naraku would absorb Moryomaru. There's no way an incarnation could defeat the master. What I find rather ingenious is that Naraku purposefully gave his heart an infant-like form so that it could not harm him if it chose to betray him.

I said it before but I'll say it again. Naraku never takes any chances. He may be a rotten scumbag but he's a master manipulator and planner.
Apr 21, 2015 8:30 PM

Nov 2014
MIROKUUUU T_T

I love how InuYasha and Koga get along a lot better now than they used to. In the past there's no way Koga would have just gone alone with InuYasha's plans like he did. I also like how Kikyo's presence there didn't cause a ton of drama this time. It seemed like she was just one of their friends in a way...Just talking normally to the group...I just like that. =3
Jul 19, 2015 10:13 PM

Jul 2011
ClementIV said:
I was impressed by this episode. Much better than the others.

I can&#039;t wait for next week.

Definitely. I think the pacing has stabled and this episode didn't feel rushed like episode 1. As long as they slow it down for important parts, like any future character deaths.

Now everyone is together! Well except Sessy. Glad to see at this point Kikyo's appearance doesn't kick up a fuss anymore. There really ARE more important things to be concerned about right now.

Koga's pretty useless at this point... to me he was always a slightly more important side character. There's just so little development for him, while Kohaku and Kikyo have had plenty of focus. He doesn't feel important. He has no backstory and no deep relationship with Naraku like other side characters. He's also relatively weak (saved by Inuyasha most of the time) and everyone, even strangers like Kikyo, has already told him to back down and he doesn't. His "power-up" is pretty lame and is useless - he's still defeated and has to be saved!
Also, he indirectly killed Rin.
MirorinJul 19, 2015 10:58 PM
Sep 28, 2015 5:43 PM

Aug 2013
Dat entry from Naraku... He's FABULOUS!
No seriously, he was just showing off, that fucker. Also, the Infant and Moryomoru were pretty darn stupid. They should have known. Seriously, it's not the first time Naraku let himself get absorbed by something else. Won't they understand?

Goddamnit Koahku. You almost indirectly killed the monk. Now, he have to bear even more guilt.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 20, 2015 9:41 PM
Apr 2015
One of my favorite episodes so far in Kanketsu-hen, though it is hard to compare.
(⇀‿‿↼) ( ͠°‿‿ °) ( ͡°‿‿ ͡°) (⍜‿‿⍜) (๏‿‿๏) (■‿‿■) ( ͡⎚‿‿ ͡⎚) (◕‿‿◕) (x‿‿x) (ᵔ‿‿ᵔ) ( ̄‿‿ ̄) (⪩‿‿⪨)
Dec 26, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
I almost half thought Miroku actually died for about two seconds. What was I thinking?
May 2, 2016 9:04 PM
Apr 2016
So in the end Naraku retakes his heart, gets stronger and only loses the thing that detects his demonic energy. How does one disgusting parasite get so strong with just his wits?
Feb 3, 2017 11:23 PM

May 2013
Great and dramatic episode, best episode of Final Act so far. I was getting emotional see Miroku almost die, the suspense got to me I thought he died for a minute wild episode.

Dec 17, 2017 3:24 AM

Apr 2009
sifma said:

is that Naraku's heart? Why is he still alive?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2018 1:02 PM

Sep 2011
ezaya said:
sifma said:

is that Naraku's heart? Why is he still alive?

You probably already found out, but it was only that orb that could hide any demonic presence (first used for the infant, Naraku's heart, so he couldn't be easily found). Naraku's gang got it from some demon guy back in the original anime.
Aug 29, 2019 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
Naruku really has some weird relation with his incarnations, like most of them just defy him

Miroku is the real mvp this episode, managed to take that stone at almost the cost of his life.

Aug 21, 2020 3:41 AM
Aug 2020
Zewerr said:
I almost half thought Miroku actually died for about two seconds. What was I thinking?

This made me laugh pretty good for about 10 seconds
Aug 21, 2020 3:42 AM
Aug 2020
I never read the manga, but I looked at the corresponding chapters compared to the episodes in Final Act, and previous episodes jumped around a lot. This episode and the next ones I looked at (but haven't seen yet) go in order according to the manga, so hopefully the pacing will be better from now on.

Very emotional scene with Miroku at the end. I like seeing higher stakes after170+ episodes. Hopefully he's o.k. and I'm sure he will live, but Kikyo didn't sound optimistic about full recovery at the end.
Nov 11, 2020 3:14 AM

Dec 2007
seriously best episode so far, this series is on the right track.

that infant was stupid, doesn't it? except the part that it was too easy to consume naraku, he should'v known naraku had kind of plan.

it would actually be more sad if miroku would died, damn plot armour.
Nov 29, 2020 5:43 PM
Apr 2016
I just wanna say that I'm watching it in English dub and I HATE how they changed Kagome's voice-actor, it just doesn't sound right AT ALL.

Oh, and Miroku went far this time.. ouch.
Jan 24, 2021 12:31 PM
Dec 2015
xeonite said:
I just wanna say that I'm watching it in English dub and I HATE how they changed Kagome's voice-actor, it just doesn't sound right AT ALL.

Oh, and Miroku went far this time.. ouch.

We're so used to the other voice, this one sounds so wrong. I noticed it right away x.x
Apr 2, 2021 10:13 AM

May 2016
Miroku wanted to sacrifice himself for Sango and was about to do it if not for Inuyasha.
great episode, I felt Miroku's resovle 5/5
Jun 28, 2021 8:14 AM

May 2019
Pacing is more stable now. This is faithful enough compared to its manga. This time no details are cut and this one is good.
VivaceRexSep 5, 2021 8:34 AM

Nov 14, 2021 4:27 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure what to say about this episode, nothing too exciting happened really.
Dec 23, 2022 10:58 PM

Jan 2018
I think the Infant and Moryomaru's betrayal of Naraku sub-plot was supposed to be a bigger plot point but just like Hakudoshi's betrayal, it got reduced to a subplot because of the pacing. Other than that, this episode's pacing was actually good. Ig the reason the pacing was good is that it was a straight adaptation of chapters 439 to 448. It didn't jump around between different chapters with completely different contexts. 

Koga and Kikyo, that's an unusual pair. 

Man, Miroku really sacrificed himself in this episode. Much respect. 
0451Dec 24, 2022 4:42 AM
Mar 6, 2023 6:08 PM

Feb 2020
Miroku character development be like
gunk.
Sep 9, 2023 9:28 PM

Jun 2020
You gotta appreciate the fact that all of Naraku's incarnations and subordinates all end up betraying him, but in the end Naraku always prevails and shows why he's the biggest baddy. Now he only has Kanna and Byakuya.

And of course, we have Miroku's sacrifice. Can't say I didn't see this coming considering who Miroku is. But he looked like he was going to explode. One of the most brutal scenes in the series, that's for sure. Makes me wonder what it looked like in the manga.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.