Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2014 2:40 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This time an episode about Ryo-Ohki. What I find quite hilarious is the fact that it fused with Ryouko's "dad." XD
Jan 6, 2015 1:58 AM

Sep 2014
Another good backstory ep. Light on the feels but good on the comedy.

Ryo-ouki is adorable in this and its kinda cool that she has a new form.

Tenchi's reaction to the mass is hilarious: See silhouette of naked female? Washu did it.

Ryoko became a bit of an iron butt monkey but she's a toughie. She can handle it.

5/5.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 9, 2015 3:28 AM

Jan 2012
Eww creepy dust creature.

Oct 14, 2016 12:28 PM

Dec 2015
This first half was comedic above everything but at the same time informative about several characters "mysteries". The choice to focus on the space ship was a surprise (although it had been done in the previous OAV with Tsunami)

4/5 I expect a few more informations along the reveal of this second series main story (probably something around some Jurai's visitor? the ship sure looks luxuous)
Rei_IIIOct 14, 2016 12:33 PM
Feb 6, 2020 7:07 PM

Nov 2017
Ryo-ohki gets a humanoid form. Washu is a great professor. Ryoko is a sweetheart.

Also, those space soap operas aren't something to miss, lol
Mar 16, 2020 11:49 AM

Nov 2017
Tenchi sure does treat Ryoko like shit even though he knows she was a renegade zombified space pirate for many thousands of years. She's doing good just not blowing up the earth.

When Ryoko acts out she constantly gets bitched at. I mean I kind of understand it but it's quite sexist. The author always had this weird Japaneseness about females staying in their 'place'. Domesticization. It's quite apparent in the later OVA's.

"Be a good wife and act properly and do the dishes". But as a kid I always jived with Ryoko and felt she was being treated unfairly. She acts the most 'American' of any of the girls. So she's kind of the hero to Americans. We hope she gets her guy and doesn't lose her wild girl side.

She's basically the same kind of archetype as Revy and all the women from Black Lagoon. Whereas in normal isekai harem the girls act 'properly'.

I mean he forgives her but still. She was just trying to look pretty for you, Tenchi. Like damn. If I was surrounded by pretty women I'm not sure I would get angry at them all day. He's such a gray gravy kind of dude, constantly on medium, hatcheting his carrots.

Weird harem universe rules where you have to keep your girls in line. Whereas in Black Lagoon you're just lucky you don't get killed and have a 9 magnum stuffed into your shorts if you act out of line.

It's almost like Tenchi is growing a herd of harem women like a sheep herder.
DarkInsomnia57Mar 16, 2020 12:21 PM
Nov 11, 2021 4:51 PM
Oct 2011
@DarkInsomnia57. Two things. First off, the fact that Ryoko was Zombiefied was never clear to me until I read the True Tenchi Novels.

Second if someone damaged something that was of great sentimental value to me, possibly being left to me by my mother I am pretty sure I would get mad at them, no matter what Se, gender, nationality, etc they are.

But maybe I am just weird like that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 2 Episode 4 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 28, 2014

7 by kxbby »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 2 Episode 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 28, 2014

7 by kxbby »»
Aug 1, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 2 Episode 6 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 29, 2014

7 by Seabury »»
Oct 22, 2022 10:58 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 2 Episode 5 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 7, 2011

8 by Seabury »»
Oct 21, 2022 9:47 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki 2 Episode 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 28, 2014

6 by TheKing528 »»
Jun 14, 2021 8:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.