Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2014 12:15 PM

Sep 2013
BotatoPriest said:
LE is a horrible abomination tho.

Alright, I'll bite: why is it a horrible abomination?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2014 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
mickdrew_99 said:
BotatoPriest said:

Because it is made to satisfy Saber overlyfanfans.
Oct 31, 2014 12:20 PM

Sep 2013
OkarinPriest said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Because it is made to satisfy Saber overlyfanfans.

....but there's nothing wrong with the ending itself, right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2014 12:26 PM

Sep 2014
Some Shirou fans like LE too "he managed to make the impossible possible again". HF' True isnt that happy for Rin,
she can't be with the guy she loves, it's so tragic :'(

It's Halloween night yay...
Oct 31, 2014 12:26 PM

May 2014
Well I admit that the only reason why I like this route is because Saber is one of my favorite characters. I dislike HF, so I won't compare it with Fate.
Compared with UBW Fate has 1 major advantage (and tons of disadvantages). In fate route
Oct 31, 2014 12:34 PM

Sep 2014
I'm a Saber fag, I like CoTD because is not the cliche ending where the lovers ends together just because they are in love, but everything changed when Last Episode attacked
Shinji doesnt deserves to die, that will put and end to his life and thats too good for him.
Oct 31, 2014 12:40 PM

Sep 2013
KeyToCourage said:

Shinji doesnt deserves to die, that will put and end to his life and thats too good for him.

True, but at least he'd stop being a problem
Oct 31, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2009
mickdrew_99 said:
BotatoPriest said:

CotD is an utterly fantastic ending, it totally fit Saber's character arc. LE basically spits in it's face for a forced happy ending. And, I'm saying this as someone who quite likes her character.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2014 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
insan3priest said:
mickdrew_99 said:

CotD is an utterly fantastic ending, it totally fit Saber's character arc. LE basically spits in it's face for a forced happy ending. And, I'm saying this as someone who quite likes her character.

Don't really see why it spits in her face. Saber's character arc in Fate is about her realizing her worth as a person, not just a tool to her ideals. Does LE really go against that?
Oct 31, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2014
LE for me is like classics fairy tales where the princess waits for his prince, without him she isnt completely happy and neither is the prince. I can't.

SnowBound said:
>HF' True isnt that happy for Rin

Daily reminder that Zouken continues experimenting on Sakura in Fate and UBW route ends until she breaks.

No one knows that and if it's true then there is no Happy end for Rin if she gets to know it
KeyToCourageOct 31, 2014 1:10 PM
Oct 31, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
SnowBound said:
KeyToCourage said:
Some Shirou fans like LE too "he managed to make the impossible possible again". HF' True isnt that happy for Rin,
she can't be with the guy she loves, it's so tragic :'(

It's Halloween night yay...

Daily reminder that Zouken continues experimenting on Sakura in Fate and UBW route ends until she breaks.

Nah, there's still hope for her
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Oct 31, 2014 1:06 PM

Jun 2009
Just another reason why the True End for UBW isn't a happy ending.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2014 1:07 PM

Aug 2009
Noruhma said:
SnowBound said:

Nah, there's still hope for her
With how the Matou treat their women she will have EX Luck Rank if she is even alive at that point.
Oct 31, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
KeyToCourage said:
SnowBound said:

No one knows that and if it's true then there is no Happy end for Rin if she gets to know it

There's no real happy happy ending, though.
Oct 31, 2014 1:10 PM

Jan 2014
FakePriest said:

With how the Matou treat their women she will be lucky if she is even alive at that point.

Yeah, Gil better put a sword through her chest when he invaded the Matou household in UBW. That would make things easier for her.
Oct 31, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
insan3priest said:

It is, she gets her man and goes with him to London, no one cares about Sakura in Fate/Ubw like no one cares about Saber in HF "I'll forget about you"

Why ten years later?
Oct 31, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2014
insan3priest said:

I have a feeling of deja-vu. Oh, here it is:

Honey_Priest said:
Rejoice, boys. I bring you a new cancer:

Yeah, agreed. Sakura getting saved in HF doesn't make the UBW ending any less shitty. Personally, I think that, absent of any Sakura-related stuff, it's a shitty depressing ending that is going to horribly backfire anyway, and I think that will be noticed by anyone who knows of Zero, but they're certainly not going to draw attention to that.

Enjoy!!!
Oct 31, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2007
mickdrew_99 said:
OkarinPriest said:

Oookay?? How the hell does the good end fit into a dark story?? Happy go lucky, yay- the end.

Either you are a huge Saber fan or you don't understand english..

Oh come on, there are way more possibilities than that: maybe I only played the true ending and never saw the good ending, maybe it's been a while since I played either ending, maybe I like happy endings, etc.

So the reason the good ending is shit is because it's too positive?

Good End is IMPOSSIBLY Positive.

Nasu might as well have written "And then Tooth Fairy came and revived everyone and undid the Fourth War".

True end of UBW is just enough of happy moments for you to not need to suspend your disbelief.
Oct 31, 2014 1:18 PM

Jun 2009
KeyToCourage said:
insan3priest said:

It is, she gets her man and goes with him to London, no one cares about Sakura in Fate/Ubw like no one cares about Saber in HF "I'll forget about you"

Why ten years later?

Saber dies in UBW unfulfilled, Archer is going to have to continue to suffer as a counter guardian, Sakura suffers at the hands of Zouken.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

Nasu might as well have written "And then Tooth Fairy came and revived everyone and undid the Fourth War".

True end of UBW is just enough of happy moments for you to not need to suspend your disbelief.

Err, Fai, I think something like this happens in a certain true end, just not everyone though...
Oct 31, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2009
Okay, and I know I'm guilty of this too, but we should really tag our posts in here. Or Mickdrew can put a spoiler warning in the title.

chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

Err, Fai, I think something like this happen in a certain true end, just not everyone though...

I know what you are insinuating and that's just not true.

For one, look at Saber's fate. Look at Illya's fate. And so on.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2014 1:22 PM

Sep 2013
SnowBound said:
KeyToCourage said:

Why ten years later?

Why would anyone care about a shit character like Saber? She is boring and forgettable. The only reason people like her because she is their whyfoo.

The Holy Grail gets dismantled in 10 years.

She's my favorite character in Fate, yet she's not my waifu.

SnowBound said:
UBW Good end is just fanfiction tier shit. Total wankery for the fans.

Which is apparently only a problem when you're not one of the fans getting wanked.
Oct 31, 2014 1:24 PM

Aug 2009

chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

Err, Fai, I think something like this happen in a certain true end, just not everyone though...
Except that there the character development and lore itself allows it.Where is the char development in UBW good end?
You guys can scream KARMA all you want, but then we have to think of all the "And then Tooth Fairy came" scenes in UBW,HF and Fate.
Oct 31, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2011
FakePriest said:

Why did i laugh at this?
Oct 31, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
And she hopes the band can enjoy their time in HF True End.

Oct 31, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2007
insan3priest said:
KeyToCourage said:

Why ten years later?

Saber dies in UBW unfulfilled, Archer is going to have to continue to suffer as a counter guardian, Sakura suffers at the hands of Zouken.

Not True.

Saber gets same resolution as in Fate, but offscreen and without romance. She comes to same conclusion from seeing that certain fight.

We do not know what happens to Sakura.

Archer gets some sort of hope from Shirou's resolve and path Shirou took, so in a sense it reminds him of what he used to stand for.
Oct 31, 2014 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
FakePriest said:
With how the Matou treat their women she will have EX Luck Rank if she is even alive at that point.

SnowBound said:
I don't think so buddy.

OK, fair point.
Man...

KeyToCourage said:
Why ten years later?

Lord El-Melloi II and Rin (+Shirou in UBW) come back ten years later to dismantle the great grail.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Oct 31, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

Why we have to know?

Sakura is not even a character in UBW.

UBW gives resolution to all the plot-related characters.
Oct 31, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2009
CookingPriest said:
insan3priest said:

Not True.

Saber gets same resolution as in Fate, but offscreen and without romance. She comes to same conclusion from seeing that certain fight.

Archer gets some sort of hope from Shirou's resolve and path Shirou took, so in a sense it reminds him of what he used to stand for.

Yeah, I think you are right about Saber. But, Archer is still going to "forget" what he went through in UBW.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2007
Lets be frank. Since we are going to see Shinji more in UBW adaptations, there's huge chance he and Gil will pay a visit to Zouken(or Kirei will take care of him so he does not interfere)

Then all secondaries will be able to praise Shinji as Kariya's second coming TIll HF that is and Mike will get an intense orgasm.
Oct 31, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Lets be frank. Since we are going to see Shinji more in UBW adaptations, there's huge chance he and Gil will pay a visit to Zouken(or Kirei will take care of him so he does not interfere)

Then all secondaries will be able to praise Shinji as Kariya's second coming TIll HF that is and Mike will get an intense orgasm.

I wouldn't mind it, Fuck Zouken. He's worse than Shitji, imo.
InsertanamehereNov 1, 2014 1:34 AM
Oct 31, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2007
After FHA and F/Extra most of my hatred for Shinji has transfered to ZOuken anyway.

He is still an asshole who does lots of horrible things and should suffer his entire life for that, but he was made that way thanks to Zouken.
Oct 31, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2009
Well if we try to justify actions like that might as well justify Zouken since he became like that because of his "immortality" magecraft.
Oct 31, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
SnowBound said:
CookingPriest said:
After FHA and F/Extra most of my hatred for Shinji has transfered to ZOuken anyway.

He is still an asshole who does lots of horrible things and should suffer his entire life for that, but he was made that way thanks to Zouken.

But Zouken just wanted his waifu back.

And then he forgot. What a great guy.
Oct 31, 2014 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
Okay F/SN has no complete happy endings, another reason to love it.

CookingPriest said:

Uhhh no, let's keep Zouken playing hide and seek with his worms until HF
Oct 31, 2014 2:08 PM

Nov 2013
KeyToCourage said:

THIS THIS THIS.

Don't give people any more fuel to "IT'S TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL!!!"
Oct 31, 2014 2:25 PM

Sep 2014
The connection is hard to deny at this point, honestly.
Oct 31, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:
KeyToCourage said:

THIS THIS THIS.

Don't give people any more fuel to "IT'S TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL!!!"

I could live with Kirei gloating to RIn on how "he removed all possible obstacles" and adding a line in Epilogue where Sakura talks how someone murdered her grandpa, so she decided to move on to live in Australia.

KeyToCourage said:
The connection is hard to deny at this point, honestly.

Then Fate route has to be ultimate FZ Sequel since it talks about 4th War every five seconds X)
Oct 31, 2014 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
Can Ufo add scenes and make more clear that Kirei killed Tokiomi and not make Rin just forget about it three seconds later?
Oct 31, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2007
KeyToCourage said:
Can Ufo add scenes and make more clear that Kirei killed Tokiomi and not make Rin just forget about it three seconds later?

How more clear? He outright goes "I PUT YER DADDY IN THE GROUND", lol.

And she gets closure quite fast so I don't see why it should be extended.
Oct 31, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2013
Kirei is trying to hurt Rin with this reveal, and it does, but Rin is emotionally strong enough to endure that and Kirei doesn't get the reaction he wanted to see. She just gets pissed a bit. That's all.
Oct 31, 2014 2:37 PM

Sep 2014
Clear enough to not surprise the VN readers when they watched Fate/Zero because I've seen those cases and make Rin think about it more, Kirei took care of her by years, she gets over it too fast.

CorePriest said:
Kirei is trying to hurt Rin with this reveal, and it does, but Rin is emotionally strong enough to endure that and Kirei doesn't get the reaction he wanted to see. That's all.

Well...
Oct 31, 2014 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
Well, at least Shinji is amused by Rin cursing Kirei for a second or two, but right after Kirei orders Lancer to kill himself, she is acting her usual self again. I definitely remembered Kirei telling Rin he killed Tokiomi. I suppose those VN readers who were surprised by Kirei's actions in FZ didn't or couldn't remember or count one and one when they saw that Gil's actual Master was Tokiomi and not Kirei.
Oct 31, 2014 2:51 PM

Jul 2007
KeyToCourage said:
Clear enough to not surprise the VN readers when they watched Fate/Zero because I've seen those cases and make Rin think about it more, Kirei took care of her by years, she gets over it too fast.

Rin always treats Kirei as an enemy, ever since the start. She has no attachment to him himself
Oct 31, 2014 3:14 PM

Sep 2014
Shirou said she has a bit of affection for him
Oct 31, 2014 3:18 PM

Jul 2007
Shirou also said Shinji is a good guy once you get used to all the bullying.
Oct 31, 2014 3:45 PM

May 2014
Even I was weakened in my hatred for Shinji after FHA, and I'm a Sakurafag lol

Shinji and Shirou reading Sakura's diary was gold, it even felt like a bro thing.
Oct 31, 2014 4:06 PM

Sep 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Having mixed feelings about this.
>Can't help but enjoy the misery
>Teiba's crying, this must not be good

Anyway, not particularly a rant, or fagging, just my honest opinion and thoughts on why shtuff is and that shit:

[spoiler]
Mirakura said:
To start off with, the basic story line. Fate is the intro, but I hate it when people see it as 'only' the intro. It explains Saber's backstory which in itself, is huge, and is almost the mirror image of Archer's in UBW. See, the thing is, it would be a better route, less weak/stronger, if they didn't limit it to infodumping. UBW showcases some twists, HF is totally batshit crazy, Fate only introduces you to the Grail War. But ofc, this is needed, if we didn't have all the info dump in Fate, we'd go into UBW like, 'wha?'. And next to none of the HF twists will have much impact. Especially when Fate specifically crams those rules into your brain by repeating them over and over - this is preparing for the twists in the other routes.

The route itself, is better balanced than the other two, imo. When I think of UBW, I think 'action' straight away. Even tho it contains depressing stuff about Archer and his past, as well as the ideal sharing. But the thing is, it's not balanced as well, so that's all I remember first. Ofc, more action and Archer is never bad~ Anyways, HF, the first thing I think is, horror, gore. I also see it as too packed with things. It trys so hard to fit in the huge things we haven't learnt about yet, it kills off 'unneeded' characters/ everyservant not called Rider and True Assassin. And every character that's not called [Shirou, Ilya, Kirei, Sakura, Rin, Zouken]. Even tho it does a good job overall, it's too packed(don't even start on the cooking scenes [characterisation]). It would've been way better if there was just the Ilya route as well.

The heroine, Saber, I honestly don't see how people find her 'boring'. And the character's 'backstory' is also part of their character, so you can't pass that off. I found her backstory quite intuiging - King Fucking Arthur as a girl, all dem twists that could happen, Moedred, Morganna, Merlin, all dem shit - can never get enough of it, or maybe I'm just an history-fag, lol. Anyways, her backstory, what she had to limit herself to, how she went through life day-by-day, for years, without living happily. The fact she doesn't care for herself, nor victimise herself even after what's happened to her. Whilst in HF, if feels like the Author makes you want to feel sorry for Sakura, it doesn't feel like that in Fate. It's shown how she eventually, changes to realise what Shirou's saying, what he says what he does. Those dream cycles, they expose some of her character, her personality, e.t.c

She is glorious. She's so courageous. She uses her own power. Compared to Shirou and Rin, she has a naturally frail body - see, very petite, and she's supposed to look 15, love of God, compare her body to Sakura's . She uses her prana, that one advantage she had. And she can fight servants. No, she's complete human, unlike Doggy-kun, Gil, Herk, e.t.c Who may have their powers lessened, but the fact Arturia can fight servants and she's not from the age of gods, and all that is from HER OWN POWERS, is mind-blowing. Hehe, 'Humans can't fight servants' my ass, she can beat like half of them, as Alter(so with alot of prana really,) all of them. WHEN she has her Avalon. Yeah, sounds pretty OP, but, oh well~ She IS Arthur, what'd you expect? Lol, I think
I fagged too much there XD.

Shirou, Fate Shirou, some people, or most people rather, hate him for his 'sexist comments'. I, however, and more people in Avalon(this Saber FC), know that 1) Obvs a mistake on Nasu's part 2) He must not have meant it in a sexist way when he said it, he tried to word his thoughts, but they only came out like that. Fate sets up Shirou's ways of thinking, and his ideals, as well as looking into his some of his past, and linking those things together. It starts looking into Shirou's character, his martyr actions, his sense of justice and independence. It shows Shirou doesn't like people potecting him - all his 'sexist' comments- it also shows that Shirou doesn't like when people live like him, quite hypocrtical, but oh well. I, overall, think Fate Shirou is stronger in sense and raw power, than HF and UBW Shirou. See, where Fate Shirou was brutanized by Saber, he had no help from Archer, or anything to do with Archer. He worked with his world's Shirou's raw power.

His mentality. I doubt HF Shirou will be accepted by Caliburn, no, not cos he's accosiated with Sakura, but because I see him as rather selfish, and I'm sure other people do as well. Caliburn, chooses only the purest, determined, would risk their lives for peace(or shtuff like that), a selfless person. So basically 'England's Ideal King'. Plus, see, if you compare UBW and HF Shirou both had a part of Archer infused into them. OFC, they had to practice and get help from others to get a hold of the powers properly, but Fate Shirou only had Archer's dieing words to work with. And he did amazingly with it, brilliant, excellent, infact. After reading the whole VN and comparing the Shirous, realising he did that all on his own, gained some respect for him from me. Enough of my Fate-Shirou fagging!

Romance. I DO see why people say it's 'forced'. The way it's presented is 'forced', imo. But actually LOOKING at the depth of ths romance. Saber is bound to fall in love with Shirou evey route, I am not lying~ why does she follow him to fight Archer in UBW, and WANT HIM TO WIN AGAINST HER when she's fucking corrupted and 'apathetic' about everything. Shirou always has that little crush on Saber, since they meet, on that fateful night. He always admired her, and looked up to her(may have fagged out a bit on this). And the DEEPEST thing about them, they are literally mirror images.

Who could know you more than yourself? OFC, there's the saying 'opposites attract'(Rin and Shirou, lol), but thats not all the time. Thing about Arturia adn Shirou, if you could see yourself, from another person's pov, you'd spot your flaws, mistakes, how to improve youself. They HAVE the same ideal. They both want to save people, doesn't matter if it cost their lives, they WILL SAVE THAT PERSON. Whilst Arturia's 'main' motive is to 'save country', what is she doing? Saving people. How can she love someone she doesn't know? She says she loves her country and wants to save it, but she can't love those she doesn't know. Proving she simply wants to 'save people' like Shirou.

ARCHER. Archer and Saber are left and right brains m8. BTW, I haven't even strated. He lived Saber's life. They both started off, nice childhood, even tho they lived their childhoods developing their ideals. They had set what they wanted for the future, what was set in the stone for them(literally for Arthur - hence where the frase comes from). They grew, at around the same time of their lives, a problem arose, the Dark Ages Arturia lives in, bound to be trouble when her dad died, the HGW for EMIYA.

They both solved their problems. And they continued on to live their lives, saving people, even if they didn't smile, seeing others happy was enough. Eventually, people started betraying them. Heroes always have one person or the other to start their end. That one knight left - those people classifying EMIYA as a tyrant. Consequently leading to their ends. They both died on a hill - a hill of swords, and a hill of men. Ofc, EMIYA made his contract long before his death, but it's a contract nevertheless, no? They both made contracts with the same 'thing' or concience, to gain something - power, the grail. I'm guessing EMIYA didn't see a CG's job to be bad till he faced the real thing. If Saber ever gets that Grail, or any Grail, she will be in EMIYA's position. Countless killing and being a cleanup person for the end of worlds, will change her, just like EMIYA.

Anyways, now we're done with their deeper alikeness, how they are fated to be with/together. Sword and Scabbard. I think that sums that bit up ;D. The romance plot - Shirou constantly telling her she's a girl. THAT IS NOT THE REASON SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM. She saw herself in him, he was; courageous, a good person, brave, determined. IIRC she stated in the VN somewhere he would've made a good knight or whatnot. He also saw her flaws, and stated it.

See, thing is, millions or people live/lived in Britan. And NONE of them could do what Shirou did? They didn't dare speak her flaws? They didn't dare say 'hey have a break!', 'I'll take care of this, you can rest', 'you should live happily for yourself', 'try to rely on us, don't try doung everything on your own'. The fact no-one in a whole kingdom would say that is disturning- and that's an understatement. YEAH, she was their king, that didn't stop Shirou, even tho he could have eaisily got an excaliblast to the face. She saw that, and slowly, slowly, she started falling in love with him. Shirou, at first he admired her.
That person he could never reach. Ofc, like his normal arc, he wants to save that person, he wants to save her, from herself. He saw her life, he saw how she acted. How could he not love his ideal person? Rather than 'damsel in distress' like Sakura or 'doesn't need saving at all- puff' Rin, Saber was strong, but she still needed to be saved from herself. And he knew that. So he tried. The more he tried to save/help her, the more he started to get to know her, the real [color[blue]Arturia Pendragon[/color], the girl that never gets her happiness. And he fell in love.

I can pass this as my opinion right? #ROMANTIST. People out there would have looked into this as well. Probs, well it's popular, I'm sure people've looked deeply into it as well. And, don't forget the H-scenes. First was hilarious as fuck, second was meaningful. I prefer dragon to threesome cos, well, Arturia's dragon aspect is already stated, it doesn't feel as out of place as Rin's dolphins *bursts out laughing* sorry, had to. And it had a better effect. Shirou ACTUALLY GAVE her his magic circuits - she fucking ate his arm off - see, he was still able to do Caliburn after wards - too much awesome. It goes better than any of the other h-alts, and some h-scenes as well. Would've been better, imo, if they added dragon scene for first h-scene, and had the second stay the same.

The action. Glorious fights. I swear, all but 2 fights include Saber, lol. I find all the battles enjoyable. Like every other battle in the VN. Ofc, the Archer vs Berser-car and Caliburn, and Avalon fights were memorial(did I use that right?). They all hold alot of impact. Summoning Caliburn alone proves how alike Shirou and Saber are, Caliburn accepted him as it's master, I bet Moedred would never had achieved that(see apo if you don't get that). As well as Avalon. The King's most favoured things, yes Excalibur is not included for obvious reasons. Saber clearly cherished Caliburn more, and Avalon is a given - Merlin - she was ordered to XD.

9/10 route for me. Could do with more bones?

So............is that all? I think it's all, questions, opinions! Come at meh, my body is ready!

The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 31, 2014 4:26 PM

May 2014
mirakura said:
chickenonthepan said:

Having mixed feelings about this.
>Can't help but enjoy the misery
>Teiba's crying, this must not be good

Anyway, not particularly a rant, or fagging, just my honest opinion and thoughts on why shtuff is and that shit:

[spoiler]
Mirakura said:
To start off with, the basic story line. Fate is the intro, but I hate it when people see it as 'only' the intro. It explains Saber's backstory which in itself, is huge, and is almost the mirror image of Archer's in UBW. See, the thing is, it would be a better route, less weak/stronger, if they didn't limit it to infodumping. UBW showcases some twists, HF is totally batshit crazy, Fate only introduces you to the Grail War. But ofc, this is needed, if we didn't have all the info dump in Fate, we'd go into UBW like, 'wha?'. And next to none of the HF twists will have much impact. Especially when Fate specifically crams those rules into your brain by repeating them over and over - this is preparing for the twists in the other routes.

The route itself, is better balanced than the other two, imo. When I think of UBW, I think 'action' straight away. Even tho it contains depressing stuff about Archer and his past, as well as the ideal sharing. But the thing is, it's not balanced as well, so that's all I remember first. Ofc, more action and Archer is never bad~ Anyways, HF, the first thing I think is, horror, gore. I also see it as too packed with things. It trys so hard to fit in the huge things we haven't learnt about yet, it kills off 'unneeded' characters/ everyservant not called Rider and True Assassin. And every character that's not called [Shirou, Ilya, Kirei, Sakura, Rin, Zouken]. Even tho it does a good job overall, it's too packed(don't even start on the cooking scenes [characterisation]). It would've been way better if there was just the Ilya route as well.

The heroine, Saber, I honestly don't see how people find her 'boring'. And the character's 'backstory' is also part of their character, so you can't pass that off. I found her backstory quite intuiging - King Fucking Arthur as a girl, all dem twists that could happen, Moedred, Morganna, Merlin, all dem shit - can never get enough of it, or maybe I'm just an history-fag, lol. Anyways, her backstory, what she had to limit herself to, how she went through life day-by-day, for years, without living happily. The fact she doesn't care for herself, nor victimise herself even after what's happened to her. Whilst in HF, if feels like the Author makes you want to feel sorry for Sakura, it doesn't feel like that in Fate. It's shown how she eventually, changes to realise what Shirou's saying, what he says what he does. Those dream cycles, they expose some of her character, her personality, e.t.c

She is glorious. She's so courageous. She uses her own power. Compared to Shirou and Rin, she has a naturally frail body - see, very petite, and she's supposed to look 15, love of God, compare her body to Sakura's . She uses her prana, that one advantage she had. And she can fight servants. No, she's complete human, unlike Doggy-kun, Gil, Herk, e.t.c Who may have their powers lessened, but the fact Arturia can fight servants and she's not from the age of gods, and all that is from HER OWN POWERS, is mind-blowing. Hehe, 'Humans can't fight servants' my ass, she can beat like half of them, as Alter(so with alot of prana really,) all of them. WHEN she has her Avalon. Yeah, sounds pretty OP, but, oh well~ She IS Arthur, what'd you expect? Lol, I think
I fagged too much there XD.

Shirou, Fate Shirou, some people, or most people rather, hate him for his 'sexist comments'. I, however, and more people in Avalon(this Saber FC), know that 1) Obvs a mistake on Nasu's part 2) He must not have meant it in a sexist way when he said it, he tried to word his thoughts, but they only came out like that. Fate sets up Shirou's ways of thinking, and his ideals, as well as looking into his some of his past, and linking those things together. It starts looking into Shirou's character, his martyr actions, his sense of justice and independence. It shows Shirou doesn't like people potecting him - all his 'sexist' comments- it also shows that Shirou doesn't like when people live like him, quite hypocrtical, but oh well. I, overall, think Fate Shirou is stronger in sense and raw power, than HF and UBW Shirou. See, where Fate Shirou was brutanized by Saber, he had no help from Archer, or anything to do with Archer. He worked with his world's Shirou's raw power.

His mentality. I doubt HF Shirou will be accepted by Caliburn, no, not cos he's accosiated with Sakura, but because I see him as rather selfish, and I'm sure other people do as well. Caliburn, chooses only the purest, determined, would risk their lives for peace(or shtuff like that), a selfless person. So basically 'England's Ideal King'. Plus, see, if you compare UBW and HF Shirou both had a part of Archer infused into them. OFC, they had to practice and get help from others to get a hold of the powers properly, but Fate Shirou only had Archer's dieing words to work with. And he did amazingly with it, brilliant, excellent, infact. After reading the whole VN and comparing the Shirous, realising he did that all on his own, gained some respect for him from me. Enough of my Fate-Shirou fagging!

Romance. I DO see why people say it's 'forced'. The way it's presented is 'forced', imo. But actually LOOKING at the depth of ths romance. Saber is bound to fall in love with Shirou evey route, I am not lying~ why does she follow him to fight Archer in UBW, and WANT HIM TO WIN AGAINST HER when she's fucking corrupted and 'apathetic' about everything. Shirou always has that little crush on Saber, since they meet, on that fateful night. He always admired her, and looked up to her(may have fagged out a bit on this). And the DEEPEST thing about them, they are literally mirror images.

Who could know you more than yourself? OFC, there's the saying 'opposites attract'(Rin and Shirou, lol), but thats not all the time. Thing about Arturia adn Shirou, if you could see yourself, from another person's pov, you'd spot your flaws, mistakes, how to improve youself. They HAVE the same ideal. They both want to save people, doesn't matter if it cost their lives, they WILL SAVE THAT PERSON. Whilst Arturia's 'main' motive is to 'save country', what is she doing? Saving people. How can she love someone she doesn't know? She says she loves her country and wants to save it, but she can't love those she doesn't know. Proving she simply wants to 'save people' like Shirou.

ARCHER. Archer and Saber are left and right brains m8. BTW, I haven't even strated. He lived Saber's life. They both started off, nice childhood, even tho they lived their childhoods developing their ideals. They had set what they wanted for the future, what was set in the stone for them(literally for Arthur - hence where the frase comes from). They grew, at around the same time of their lives, a problem arose, the Dark Ages Arturia lives in, bound to be trouble when her dad died, the HGW for EMIYA.

They both solved their problems. And they continued on to live their lives, saving people, even if they didn't smile, seeing others happy was enough. Eventually, people started betraying them. Heroes always have one person or the other to start their end. That one knight left - those people classifying EMIYA as a tyrant. Consequently leading to their ends. They both died on a hill - a hill of swords, and a hill of men. Ofc, EMIYA made his contract long before his death, but it's a contract nevertheless, no? They both made contracts with the same 'thing' or concience, to gain something - power, the grail. I'm guessing EMIYA didn't see a CG's job to be bad till he faced the real thing. If Saber ever gets that Grail, or any Grail, she will be in EMIYA's position. Countless killing and being a cleanup person for the end of worlds, will change her, just like EMIYA.

Anyways, now we're done with their deeper alikeness, how they are fated to be with/together. Sword and Scabbard. I think that sums that bit up ;D. The romance plot - Shirou constantly telling her she's a girl. THAT IS NOT THE REASON SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM. She saw herself in him, he was; courageous, a good person, brave, determined. IIRC she stated in the VN somewhere he would've made a good knight or whatnot. He also saw her flaws, and stated it.

See, thing is, millions or people live/lived in Britan. And NONE of them could do what Shirou did? They didn't dare speak her flaws? They didn't dare say 'hey have a break!', 'I'll take care of this, you can rest', 'you should live happily for yourself', 'try to rely on us, don't try doung everything on your own'. The fact no-one in a whole kingdom would say that is disturning- and that's an understatement. YEAH, she was their king, that didn't stop Shirou, even tho he could have eaisily got an excaliblast to the face. She saw that, and slowly, slowly, she started falling in love with him. Shirou, at first he admired her.
That person he could never reach. Ofc, like his normal arc, he wants to save that person, he wants to save her, from herself. He saw her life, he saw how she acted. How could he not love his ideal person? Rather than 'damsel in distress' like Sakura or 'doesn't need saving at all- puff' Rin, Saber was strong, but she still needed to be saved from herself. And he knew that. So he tried. The more he tried to save/help her, the more he started to get to know her, the real [color[blue]Arturia Pendragon[/color], the girl that never gets her happiness. And he fell in love.

I can pass this as my opinion right? #ROMANTIST. People out there would have looked into this as well. Probs, well it's popular, I'm sure people've looked deeply into it as well. And, don't forget the H-scenes. First was hilarious as fuck, second was meaningful. I prefer dragon to threesome cos, well, Arturia's dragon aspect is already stated, it doesn't feel as out of place as Rin's dolphins *bursts out laughing* sorry, had to. And it had a better effect. Shirou ACTUALLY GAVE her his magic circuits - she fucking ate his arm off - see, he was still able to do Caliburn after wards - too much awesome. It goes better than any of the other h-alts, and some h-scenes as well. Would've been better, imo, if they added dragon scene for first h-scene, and had the second stay the same.

The action. Glorious fights. I swear, all but 2 fights include Saber, lol. I find all the battles enjoyable. Like every other battle in the VN. Ofc, the Archer vs Berser-car and Caliburn, and Avalon fights were memorial(did I use that right?). They all hold alot of impact. Summoning Caliburn alone proves how alike Shirou and Saber are, Caliburn accepted him as it's master, I bet Moedred would never had achieved that(see apo if you don't get that). As well as Avalon. The King's most favoured things, yes Excalibur is not included for obvious reasons. Saber clearly cherished Caliburn more, and Avalon is a given - Merlin - she was ordered to XD.

9/10 route for me. Could do with more bones?

So............is that all? I think it's all, questions, opinions! Come at meh, my body is ready!

[/quote]

Give the Grail to Mira, she truly loves her Saiba.

How could anyone read all that and not respect your opinion (inb4 fai). Nah that was beautiful.
Oct 31, 2014 5:45 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.