Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2014 10:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yay, 100th chapter :3

And nice, Hawk is back! That made me happy to see the pig walking around again. Nice.
Oct 28, 2014 1:37 AM

May 2013
100th Chapter. Awesome!

OH YAY HAWK IS ALIVE AND THE GROUP (didn't expect Merlin to appear again)

THAT LAST PAGE THO.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 28, 2014 2:32 AM

Feb 2012
Merlin gave Gowther the armour? Interesting and what's the meaning of the symbol on Hawk's back?
Oct 28, 2014 2:46 AM

Oct 2011
Gowther... spoke... in a ROUND bubble?! What is the world coming to?
Oct 28, 2014 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
Cool. Merlin gave the armor to Gowther.
More material to an old theory that every sin has a bound to another before the group is formed.

Ban-Elaine/King-Diane
Gowther-Merlin

I want it to be a chain. Every flashback of a sin introduces the next.
Forever_AOct 28, 2014 3:28 AM
Oct 28, 2014 3:25 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty interesting learning about how Merlin was the one who gave Gowther the armour. Is wonder what this means.

Mixed feelings about Hawk surviving. I really hope we get some kind of explanation for that.

Next chapter is another double release! Hopefully we get to learn more about that day 10 years ago and what happened between Meliodas and Merlin. As well as more info on the last sin.
Oct 28, 2014 3:49 AM
Oct 2013
Seeing a Gilthunder & Margaret marriage incoming, I mean what else could it be he wants to talk about to the king :)
Nice chapter over all!
Oct 28, 2014 4:45 AM

Oct 2013
What a great and emotional chapter. Hope this is not the end.

Awesome_G said:
Mixed feelings about Hawk surviving. I really hope we get some kind of explanation for that.

I think he was revived by Elizabeth power you can see the flowers near him.
But why he didn't move or showed he was alive before? Because he was afraid or something like that, we know Hawk.
Oct 28, 2014 6:40 AM
Oct 2009
crevette said:
Gowther... spoke... in a ROUND bubble?! What is the world coming to?

Maybe it's because he let his emotion in his words when he spoke about the armour...
Oct 28, 2014 6:47 AM

Nov 2012
i dont read this manga, only last 5 chapter to spoiler myself but...
hawk... fairy tail level plot armor?
and i thought this series was good
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 28, 2014 6:50 AM

Aug 2010
Trumpkin said:
Seeing a Gilthunder & Margaret marriage incoming, I mean what else could it be he wants to talk about to the king :)

That would be nice :3

Anyway nice chap. The Hawk thing had me O_o? A bit. What's the use of chp 98.5 now? I thought that was just to confirm Hawk is dead and might be reincarnated. But now he's back shrunken?

I'm happy he's back but I really hope for some good explanation and PLZ don't let it be Elizabeth revived him. Onegai Suzuki.

Loved the last page a lot. U can see how much Mel cares about Elizabeth overflowing from that page :3

Nxt week 2 chaps? NICE :D Wonder if Ban's problem will be focused on now?
Oct 28, 2014 7:15 AM

May 2013
I'm just happy that Hawk is alive.
Oct 28, 2014 8:42 AM

Feb 2013
Well,this is the Author of Kongou Bancho,so it was kinda hard to believe he actually died

He did have me fooled though
Oct 28, 2014 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
"Ho I can Be Defeated"? you ask Hendricksen? Because you simply S U C K ! !! And were over-arrogant.

Oh...So King is somewhat over-protective against Elizabeths possible suitors huh? XD Oh and Merlin has returned. and she did...Whaat? so that is the reason why She is part of the Sin's huh...she is willing to use Kingdoms King as Guinea Pig. No wonder she is One of the Sins...

King is pretty smart....No need to punish Knight because they are going to suffer when they try get people respect and trust back...and no punishment ensured their Loyalty.

Armor...is that armor that Merlin made to Gowther somewhat making him easier expose and sohow his emotions? just wondering by the talk between Merlin and Gowther.

......Wait....What....O.O......Hawk.....WHAT!!!!!??!??!?!?!?! LOL THE BAN'S FACE!!!!! How the Hell did he Survive and got YOUNGER!!!!??!?!? XD What A Ending!!! That is so going to be somewhat important in future ...

So is this going to end? I hope not
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 28, 2014 1:27 PM
Apr 2014
Hawk! He's back! (that plot armor though)
Oct 28, 2014 1:34 PM

Oct 2014
My reaction to Hawk being reborn was like Bans, I actually dont mind it because Hawk is a very likeable pet, it was pretty much Angemon 2.0.

Though Elizabeth probably did something that somewhat brought Hawk back to life.

The panel with Ban apologizing to Hawk was sad to see :(.

Oct 28, 2014 3:25 PM
Oct 28, 2014 5:21 PM
Sep 2012
Well did anyone think Hawk was going to stay dead? He is the mascot, no one has more plot armot than the mascot. Remember afro Happy, mascots don't die.

I love the king's reaction to Mellodas and Elizabeth, good thing he doesn't what a perver Mellodas is. And when Mellodas scolding Merlin for using the king as a ginnipick, the king's reaction he doesn't mind, hmm what went on between those two, I don't blame for enjoying some alone time with Merlin, I would feel the same way. Ha ha ha.

Anyway the battle is over, the kingdom is saved, it was a good series, 100 chapters, thanks for them memory guys.

Wait, it is not over, so what happens now? Well more demon clan stuff perhaps.
Oct 28, 2014 5:23 PM

Apr 2013
gotta agree Hawks revival was so random. and on the last page did it say 7 deadly sins is ending? wow and they didnt even reveal the final sin :(
Oct 28, 2014 7:30 PM
Aug 2014
In almost series, Death or not death really does not bother me as long as author has good explanation. So I wait for some next chapters to find out the reason why we have mini-Hawk . Anyway, I am happy to see another version of Hawk comes back.
Oct 29, 2014 1:37 AM

Jun 2010
No need to revive hawk. I wonder what kind of bullshit excuse will they make.

Is Gowther made by Merlin? He's not human and seems like Merlin is his master.
Oct 29, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah don't know how I feel about that, it pretty much negated that entire moment with Ban which I loved. We'll see what explanation we get I guess.

Seems Merlin likes to play with Kings, and is very connected to Gowther.

What ever happened to Veronica? The arc is effectively over and she hasn't shown herself yet, wonder what reason she has for that.
Oct 29, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2011
Happy to see Merlin again, I had to laugh at how she so casually used an experimental process on the king. And Meliodas getting back up all cool and immediately falling over again. He seems quite fond of doing that. :P I'm curious about how Hawk came back though. It would be pretty hax if Elizabeth really could bring them back from the dead. I want to believe there's something more to Hawk instead.
Oct 30, 2014 1:40 AM

Aug 2009
I wonder who the 7th sin is.

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Oct 31, 2014 9:49 PM

Jun 2013
Now that the arc ended I really gotta say that it´s one of the weakest arcs so far imo...
After the amazing tournament arc last year, this year really hasnt been that good.
Nov 1, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
I dont like that. Pig should be dead.

Nanatsu no Taizai = Fairy Tail
Nov 1, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Didn't like the part where Hawk was revived so randomly.
Nov 1, 2014 11:26 AM
Jun 2014
While a nice and happy chapter, I feel that the series is playing a bit too much with the fake death trick. Veronica and Hawk separately would be fine but both surviving is a bit too much. I agree with other posters that the reincarnation thing would have fit better had they met Hawk's next life in a way that was similar to the Wandle/Hawk reveal. I will admit though that it was nice to see Ban actually get to see a close friend stay alive for once so I am being nicer about this scene then I would otherwise.

Another thing to note is that the series has shown limits to Elizabeth's ability and to be fair there have been some deaths (or at least they should be deaths):
- Dreyfus was literally melted by acid
- Helbram was killed THREE times and it looks like that last death will stick
- Nameless knights whose very purpose in the story was to die to make Hendricksen look cool
- Hendricksen himself. While possible, I doubt a surprise comeback here is likely
- Possibly some of Dawn Roar. I am expecting that most or at least Hauser will have survived thanks to Elizabeth's power burst so we have to wait and see here.

All in all, I would say that the anti-death aura that comes with having a name in a fictional story isn't Fairy Tail-level bulletproof. However, I will agree that unless this miracle revival contributes to the story by explaining some of the plot it really weakens the impact of the sacrifice.

One guess I have, and that some others probably have as well, is that Liz and Elizabeth are the same person and Liz's power saved her life in Danafor by regressing her to an infant as a sort of last-ditch regeneration that wiped her memories in the process. If this was the case and Elizabeth therefore used up her next reincarnation to save Hawk, making her more vulnerable to a real death (but being a main character it would still be insanely unlikely) then this could be used as an informative plot point that still keeps limits on Elizabeth's powers.
Temporal_EchoNov 1, 2014 11:29 AM
Nov 2, 2014 4:42 PM

Jan 2014
Oh gawd, why did I just knew that they'd pull something BS excuse to revive Hawk? Urg. Horrible.
Nov 16, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2009
Hawk is back alive? Well, since he isn't the kind of character where bringing him back to life is like -_-, I guess it is fine. Anyways, more importantly, what is the group going to do now? If they split up now I'll rage, seeing as how they don't even have all seven yet.
Feb 8, 2015 7:11 PM

Jul 2007
Maybe Hawk is actually a phoenix? Or this universe's equivalent? He did mention remembering being able to fly, and he did revive from his own ashes...
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Nov 18, 2015 2:34 AM

Aug 2012
100 chapters in & the conclusion, according to the wikia, of the Kingdom Infiltration arc. & not going to lie, this arc did a lot to lose some of my previous affection of the series. The revival of Hawk here was certainly one of the biggest though I did doubt his death due to the previous reveal that Veronica lived and his position as animal series mascot. Hawk's resurrection & how it relates to Elizabeth's powers seem a bit inconsistent but whatever, the problem is the lack of deaths for any good guy here is going to damper the amount of tension in later scenes (everyone who has died is either nameless, died prior to the series or is a villain [& no, I'm not counting Dreyfus either considering his involvement in Hendrickson's plan]). It's annoying how common this is with it's ilk but regardless, it wasn't the only reason I didn't care much for this arc.

The final fight with Hendrickson was just boring, with the action either being the good guys one-shotting him (Ban prior to him absorbing the second demon's blood & Meliodas's revenge counter) or them failing to do any damage to him. The heavy focus on action is usually a detractor for me, & this arc battles weren't as fun or interesting as previous bouts. As the climax to the Holy Knights saga, it was a bit anti-climatic but thankfully, it wasn't awful. The beginning was great. I especially loved the chapters focusing on King & the special chapter was probably my favorite of the bunch. I also enjoyed anything with Ban or Gowther (who may be the funniest member of the Sins). & despite the obvious & drawn-out reveal, I like Merlin so far & am still interested in her reasons for attacking Meliodas. & despite my disappointment with Hawk living, the scenes dealing with his "death" were well-executed. Oh, & I appreciated the attention given to Gilthunder & Guila this arc, they're my G's.

Oh well, looking forward to seeing where this series goes from here. If I recall correctly, there's still two more plots planned for the Seven Deadly Sins.
Mar 19, 2016 1:57 AM

Jun 2008
Facepalm, i seriously can't believe The stupid edginess of the posters here. We really went full round with this characters must stay dead thing. Now the death request from users became too stupid and edgy bullshit instead of an expectation of some feet down on earth from a series.

|It's just the fucking comedy relief mascot for Christ sake. Are you people fucking serious? Do you seriously believed that him staying dead was important? What the fuck is wrong with you people?
Sep 15, 2020 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
Monad said:
Facepalm, i seriously can't believe The stupid edginess of the posters here. We really went full round with this characters must stay dead thing. Now the death request from users became too stupid and edgy bullshit instead of an expectation of some feet down on earth from a series.

|It's just the fucking comedy relief mascot for Christ sake. Are you people fucking serious? Do you seriously believed that him staying dead was important? What the fuck is wrong with you people?
what can I say? Shounen fans are all braindead.
Read Toriko!
May 17, 2021 4:59 PM

Nov 2019
Just a hug? Meliodas deserved at least a kiss for all this trouble!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 47 Discussion

frozen_soul - Sep 22, 2013

10 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 15, 2013

19 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 45 Discussion

Candor123 - Sep 12, 2013

7 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 44 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 2, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 43 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 26, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.