Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 27, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2013
this is soooooooo damn good

amazing series.
Oct 27, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
Just rewatched in 1080p. I jizzed. Every scene is like a painting. I just can't, this is perfect.

And that ending song, damn.
Oct 27, 2014 4:12 PM

Oct 2011
robis798 said:
Just rewatched in 1080p. I jizzed. Every scene is like a painting. I just can't, this is perfect.

Now imagine watching it in a 1080p BD version with TV broadcast colors and proper sound?

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/95118
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Oct 27, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
I'd play with Cerberus's puppies.
Oct 27, 2014 4:17 PM

Dec 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
robis798 said:

Now imagine watching it in a 1080p BD version with TV broadcast colors and proper sound?

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/95118

Death.
Oct 27, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2011
It looks like Kaisar messed up there. Amira did look like she was prepared, but he had to "rescue" her.

And i'll wonder if the demons are getting more then they bargained for. After all, Amira stole the God Key under the gods nose on her own.

Unless they want to make *one* of the potential successors to Satan stronger than the gods, she should have no real trouble. Unless maybe Kaisar "intervenes" again..

And the ending..i always forget the ending. Don't know why though, i absolutely love it.
Oct 27, 2014 4:38 PM

Nov 2013
type-beta said:
In any case, the show is steadily and rapidly increasing in score as it can be seen here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1278945

Too bad it will probably never reach an 8 on this site because people rated the first episode low and dropped the anime.

This is how it was for me. I didn't like the 1st episode. The 2nd one was pretty good. The 3rd one was great and this episode even better. I'm glad I didn't drop this but it seems a lot of people did and so it will have a lot of poor scores by those who dropped it. Any newcomers who later watch the 1st episode might feel the same way. First impressions count!
Oct 27, 2014 4:45 PM

Feb 2014
HandsomeMan said:
type-beta said:
In any case, the show is steadily and rapidly increasing in score as it can be seen here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1278945

Too bad it will probably never reach an 8 on this site because people rated the first episode low and dropped the anime.

This is how it was for me. I didn't like the 1st episode. The 2nd one was pretty good. The 3rd one was great and this episode even better. I'm glad I didn't drop this but it seems a lot of people did and so it will have a lot of poor scores by those who dropped it. Any newcomers who later watch the 1st episode might feel the same way. First impressions count!

You need to watch 1/5 of the whole show otherwise your score won't count, so soon all the scores of people who dropped this at 1 episode will be invalid and the overall score of the show will rise.
Oct 27, 2014 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
It was one intense episode.

Lol...Amira said "Who's that?" Your mother?". to Favaro."

It was nice to see about Favaro's and Kaiser's past.

That sea monsters vs zombies was great.
Oct 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Nov 2013
Ciarsondinger said:
HandsomeMan said:

You need to watch 1/5 of the whole show otherwise your score won't count, so soon all the scores of people who dropped this at 1 episode will be invalid and the overall score of the show will rise.

Are you sure this is how it works?
Oct 27, 2014 5:13 PM

Oct 2011
It does delete the scores of those who haven't finished the show, but I am unsure of at what completion rate it cuts it off at. (1/5th watched or any amount watched) Regardless, scores of those who have dropped it will be removed, that much is a sure thing.

It's odd though - episode 1 is what made me want to continue the show. I dropped Cross Ange, Ookami Shoujou and others based on their first 5 minutes, but I kept watching Bahamut.

Was the first episode really that bad to some people?
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Oct 27, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2008
this show is a gem. i hope it keeps getting better and better. this was a great episode with everything i enjoy in a show; good pace, plot, development, quality animation and a dash of humor. keep it up.
Oct 27, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2014
Mahouka had the onii-sama count, I believe Bahamut: Genesis needs its own count...

The "FAVAROOOOO" count.. Kaisar cracks me up ALL the time with that.

@BRSxignition -

I really don't know.. I've yet to hear a negative comment about this series, but if I do, its 'bout Favaro.
"Hi!"
Oct 27, 2014 5:20 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah I'm sure.

"How are top anime/manga scores calculated?
Only scores where a user has completed at least 1/5 of the anime/manga are calculated.

Example: If you watched a 26 episode series, this means you would had to have watched at least 5 episodes (26/5.2)=5. We're using 5.2 instead of 5 so we get a whole number for "most" series."
Oct 27, 2014 5:27 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty sure this would be a bit higher if it actually had a episode count. It's be unknown for some time... Well I hope so at least.
"Hi!"
Oct 27, 2014 5:39 PM
Jun 2009
Another fantastic episode. I love the music that plays when Rita starts controlling zombies.
Oct 27, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2012
another epic episode
and parter-changing? can't wait to see the next episode :D

Oct 27, 2014 6:09 PM
Jul 2013
Oct 27, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2012
Let the hype flow people, this is only getting better. It's just so damn engaging and witty, and pretty much gives us what we want instead of teasing and trying to get away with holding off on backstory, plot info, etc. I mean they pretty much made fun of shows that tease at backstory or something similar. After Kaisar was cut off by the scumbag swindler when he started telling his story, Rita's face got all crabby, and then later she said "okay now tell me what you were going to say earlier" HOW OFTEN do you hear that line in an anime?? And then Kaisar brushing it off with his comment was definitely a parody to how some shows avoid revealing things, only to have Rita whack him and force him to reveal for us her.

It's just stuff like that that makes this so perfect. Not to mention the character interaction staying fresh and slowly establishing genuine relationships between these unexpected wacky characters.

Knew Favaro was going to be involved with the bandits, but it was worse than I thought. He straight up betrayed Kaiser, though that bit was pretty glossed over so I trust it will be cleared up later. I like how they took it even further, true bandit style with Barossa betraying everyone with the help of a demon that will most certainly be important. Now I'm expecting Favaro and Kaisar to somehow come to a nice resolution while facing and taking out the demon that basically set both of their fathers up to die.

They've just set up all the characters for really good development and resolutions. I dunno which one I'm more excited for, but this is really shaping up to be something special. It's already the biggest surprise of the year, that's for sure.

The action sequence was just hilariously perfect. With Rita zombifying all kinds of things, the Pirates of the Caribbean action feel, and the damn crab. And I'm with everyone that can't wait to see Favaro and Rita interact.

Animation is great, OST is getting better and better, and OP and ED are perfect and growing on me more with each episode. Especially the OP, cause this show is fucking metal.
AlexTheRiotOct 27, 2014 6:19 PM
Oct 27, 2014 6:17 PM
Apr 2013
can't wait to see favaro and rita working together
Oct 27, 2014 6:19 PM

Sep 2013
FAVAROOOOO! (I have to say this in every episode disscusion thread LOL)

Another awesome ep. This show is a gem. I just neet the whole plot to know where this is going, but as for right now it has been pretty good.

The animation is just god-tier.

5/5
Oct 27, 2014 6:22 PM
Oct 2010
Another great episode, they teased us once again about how Rita is functioning properly and I like the backstory as to the whole favaro/kaiser hostility. Kinda funny that both of them actually got played by this dude here, I certainly didn't expect it, especially after the crab battle.

EDIT: They also changed the ED song a little.
GD1551Oct 27, 2014 6:27 PM
Oct 27, 2014 7:05 PM

Apr 2011
This was a good epd. Pirates are not my thing though.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 27, 2014 7:05 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was tasty cannot wait for the next one to see how the partner-change will spice thing up.

Overall great episode.
Oct 27, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2013
Best episode so far.
Shit hit the fan.
I can't believe they actually combined pirates/demons/sea monsters/zombies into one epic fight scene.
Literally, how much more epic can this anime get?
Oct 27, 2014 7:16 PM

Nov 2013
M3k4toku said:
Mahouka had the onii-sama count, I believe Bahamut: Genesis needs its own count...

The "FAVAROOOOO" count.. Kaisar cracks me up ALL the time with that.

@BRSxignition -

I really don't know.. I've yet to hear a negative comment about this series, but if I do, its 'bout Favaro.

I believe the FAVAROOO! count is at 14 ;o

Neat episode! Looking forward to seeing what this partner switch brings.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 27, 2014 7:27 PM

Dec 2013
lol, a tentacle monster to wrap this episode up
Oct 27, 2014 7:35 PM

Jan 2013
I haven't seen an anime this entertaining for a long time.
Oct 27, 2014 7:42 PM

Feb 2012
FAVAROOOO I don't know why but the whole fishman and zombie ordeal was hilarious.
Oct 27, 2014 8:09 PM

Dec 2012
Shiba- said:
Best episode so far.
Shit hit the fan.
I can't believe they actually combined pirates/demons/sea monsters/zombies into one epic fight scene.
Literally, how much more epic can this anime get?

+1

More gods? Curious how will Favaro do with Zombie-chan.
Oct 27, 2014 8:14 PM
Apr 2014
Ciarsondinger said:
HandsomeMan said:

You shouldn't be able to rate/review an anime like this until it has at least finished airing...

I never rate a show until I've seen all the episodes (with the exception of really long animes like Naruto and One Piece). That's like rating a movie after having seen only 10 minutes or rating a book after having read only the first few pages...
Oct 27, 2014 8:22 PM

Jun 2014
Oh i love the action of this show. Though I wish i knew more about what happened with zombie girl. Howd she come back? Why is she still sane? Where did she get that wand?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 27, 2014 9:00 PM
Aug 2011
fish men, zombie loli+ zombie pirates, giant crab, duck wearing a crown
yes, yes, yes, all my yes, many times yes

the unexpected 'partner switch' should be quite interesting
this is still such a pleasure to watch
Oct 27, 2014 9:13 PM

Jul 2009
This show continues to deliver. Hopefully, they can keep up with the quality now that we're getting into the meat of the story.
Oct 27, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2009
that was a good episode the only thing missing is sakuga battle scenes but i guess they are saving most of the budget for later
Oct 27, 2014 9:50 PM

Apr 2012
loli necromancers, giant crab battles, zombies, fishmen murlocs, giant tentacle out of the fucking sky, demons, gods

dude this show has everything

Oct 27, 2014 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
too much awesomeness on a single ep
Oct 27, 2014 10:54 PM
Nov 2013
This show just keeps on impressing me! Wasn't surprised that Favaro and Kaiser were childhood friends, but I am surprised about the betrayal part. The battle between sea monsters and zombies was epic. Loving loli Sawashiro Miyuki character, she's great! Also, THAT ENDING. Favaro and Rita to the rescue?
Oct 27, 2014 11:55 PM

Aug 2008
All four episodes have been great. The quality is consistent too. If anything, it gets better with every episode. I think this is the best anime this season, in terms of originality. It has that feeling of watching a summer blockbuster.
Oct 28, 2014 1:28 AM

Aug 2011
This show is amazing, and it's so much better than it has any right to be.
Oct 28, 2014 1:51 AM
Apr 2014
RinPriest said:

Ummmm, I have a problem with this that is if I dont like a show within 1-3 episodes I am not going to bother watching all 13-24 and will just put a 'Dropped' tag on it. Probably giving it a score of 1-5 as it just wasn't entertaining to watch at all and I am not a masochist/dont have the time to bother going through all of it for what ever boring plot it comes up with later on. Those types of tv shows do exist you know.

There are also alot of shows that start out slow but then they pick up halfway through the season. I haven't watched the anime you linked, but I agree that there are some animes that don't pick up at all. After having watched the first couple of episodes of Captain Earth, which I thought were pretty bad, I still continued to watch it hoping that it would get better. It didn't, and even after watching all 25 episodes I ended up giving it a 2 out of 10. Still, I prefer watching all episodes before rating a show.
Oct 28, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2012
This was exactly the kind of fun over-the-top action that I wanted since Kill la Kill promised something of the likes. I literally do not know what's going to happen next and what it's going to consist of, and that just makes me VERY excited for the next episode.

Though I do agree that the sound design could use a bit more work just to refine the overall immersion, though it's still compensated by the awesome soundtrack implemented. I actually can't for anything more for the series, even if it starts burning down ton hell by the end (which I really doubt).
Oct 28, 2014 2:58 AM

Jan 2011
This anime keeps getting better and better! Finding out that that man was Favaro's father's friend actually betrayed his father was pretty crazy. I really like how Rita just tags along with Kaisar. xD Pirate Zombies and Fishmen, absolute chaos. :P That ending was seriously unexpected though. Both Kaisar and Amira were taken. Honestly can't wait to see what happens next. As always, the animation and OST is amazing. :D
5/5
Oct 28, 2014 4:43 AM

Jun 2014
lindsayzzz said:
This anime keeps getting better and better! Finding out that that man was Favaro's father's friend actually betrayed his father was pretty crazy. I really like how Rita just tags along with Kaisar. xD Pirate Zombies and Fishmen, absolute chaos. :P That ending was seriously unexpected though. Both Kaisar and Amira were taken. Honestly can't wait to see what happens next. As always, the animation and OST is amazing. :D
5/5

ikr, it needs more fans!!
:3
Oct 28, 2014 5:13 AM

Jul 2014
Damn ... I thought this was Pirates of Carribean.

Great eps 10/5 so far.
Oct 28, 2014 5:39 AM

Jan 2011
Really loving the atmosphere that this fantasy world has. The design of all the characters is impressive as well as the way they react in most situations. Nice to get some background on Favaro and Kaisar. The best anime of the season for me, until now.
Oct 28, 2014 5:47 AM

Aug 2013
Because unleashing the kraken would have been cliche, they unleashed a giant crab instead. But wait, why stop there? Let's add zombie pirates controlled by a dead loli who wields the wand (or was it a cane) of doom, trident-wielding sea creatures and of course an incredible display of Amira's badassness. Genius. And what was the thing that came down from the sky? A tentacle? A giant tongue?

Action-fantasy at its finest. All 4 episodes have been 5/5 in my book.
xcheeOct 28, 2014 5:54 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 28, 2014 6:05 AM

Oct 2013
Holy shit what an epic episode. The fantasy elements of the series are what held it back for me previously (especially with all these gods and demons and all that nonsense that contributed nothing but yawns), but it's actually what made the ending so intense. Looking forward to the next episode!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 28, 2014 6:20 AM
Oct 2014
Zadion said:
Holy shit what an epic episode. The fantasy elements of the series are what held it back for me previously (especially with all these gods and demons and all that nonsense that contributed nothing but yawns), but it's actually what made the ending so intense. Looking forward to the next episode!
I love favaros reaction when he's faced with something Like bahamut or that giant lightning shooting tentacle. He nice to see how fearful he is of the sheer scale. Same in the animes opening scene with the king.
Oct 28, 2014 6:28 AM

Mar 2013
Awesome episode, so far the best anime in the season.

What to see how favaro will interact with Rita.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.